What's new

COS confirms disconnection for staff members

Kha Khan

Patron Meritorious
From WWP: Co$ confirms disconnection for staff members

Co$ has unwittingly confirmed that a disconnection policy exists for staff members. The legal response to a small claims filing (see thread here) contains a portion of the staff members' contract. This contract has the following clause:

disconnection.jpg

So we now have a legal record that a staff disconnection policy was in force as of Oct 25, 2009. Any suggestions for good pooning targets with this info?

Here's a little something to refresh your memory.

YouTube- Tommy Davis on disconnection policy (excerpt)

Section 10 certainly sounds like it dictates who staff members should not communicate with. Look for more mistakes like this as the big lawyers are kept busy with the flood of lolsuits and the org peons have to handle the little claims.

EDIT: download ling for legal response
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F0QUGT3U
10. ASSOCIATION WITH INDIVIDUALS NOT IN GOOD STANDING. During my service as a staff member, I agree not to knowingly associate, in any way, with former parishioners of the Church or any other Scientology organization who are either no longer in good standing, or have been expelled or have been declared.

On ESMB the thread for the relevant small claims action and documents is:
Former Staff Sues the Phoenix Org (CoS of Arizona)

/

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
There is also an HCO PL issued in 1983 that is called something like Disconnection Policy Re-instated, that goes into it at length and says that HCO may order a person to disconnect from family, with justice consequences if they don't.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
What does the UN and each of it's member states have to say about this?

From the Universal Declaration of Human Rights

Article 12.

* No one shall be subjected to arbitrary interference with his privacy, family, home or correspondence, nor to attacks upon his honour and reputation. Everyone has the right to the protection of the law against such interference or attacks.

From WWP: Co$ confirms disconnection for staff members

On ESMB the thread for the relevant small claims action and documents is:
Former Staff Sues the Phoenix Org (CoS of Arizona)

/

Out-Ethics

Patron Meritorious
Tommy Davis :liar:lied in the video and lied on niteline and pretty much PR lies all the time. There has always been a disconnection policy but we here all know this.

Anybody care to bet against the Church not applying this? I'll give you really good odds. :bait:

Carmel

Crusader
This is awesome, but we need it in a form appropriate for the media.

Kha Khan, I've looked at your links, but can't find it. Anyone have the full doc, which includes the clause in the staff contract which is quoted in the op?

Kha Khan

Patron Meritorious
Answer to Complaint confirming staff disconnection

This is awesome, but we need it in a form appropriate for the media.

Kha Khan, I've looked at your links, but can't find it. Anyone have the full doc, which includes the clause in the staff contract which is quoted in the op?
See page 4, paragraph 10 of the Defendant's Answer for the disconnection provision.

Also note that page 4, paragraph 6 makes all LRH policies (all of the HCOPLs, HCOBs, etc.) a part of the contract. As a result, the defendant attached to the Answer a copy of the policy "Purchasing Liability of Staff Members." You can argue that all LRH policies are part of the agreement, including other policies regarding disconnection.

cc2009585010response001.jpg

cc2009585010response002.jpg

cc2009585010response003.jpg

cc2009585010response004.jpg

cc2009585010response005.jpg

cc2009585010response006.jpg

cc2009585010response007.jpg

The source document is: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

I converted the pdf file into seven jpg files so they could be uploaded as images. You can still download the original source pdf file from MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service.

Cross-posted to WWP: Answer to Complaint confirming staff disconnection

/

Last edited:

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
Emma, when I hit entheta on the net (pre-web, granted), I just had to do an O/W write-up with the E/O. My, how times have changed.