What's new

Declares, Libel, DA packs and Slander

I think you might have missed the word " donated " in italics.

I've yet to pay a penny for the " basics " or any other " revised " version of anything scio.
I may have suckered for round one of buying to begin with , but, repaying for their OP wasn't part of my end of the stick.
I am sorry that you have taken my use of the word you personally, I meant that to apply to anybody who's purchased them. Isn't the English language fun?

Mimsey

mommy-youre-going-to-be-my-wife-one-day-right-by-lotus-carroll.jpg

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
I got a ton of calls too. Elsewhere, I posted all the phone numbers they called on, as well as the exotic names of the girls who called. Finally, I couldn't resist - I said: well, this came out decades ago! Why are they new? She said, okay, I'll just tell you. It was insane transcriptionists. I said: What?! For all these years it's been wrong? And Hubbard allowed it? He never read the book, or the advance copy that authors are given before it goes into publication?! :crickets:

They never called back.

I would say the same things.

"Really? When the basic books were used in the SHSBC, and referred to by LRH all the time? If LRH never noticed any typo over 30 years, then it was unlikely to be a typo, and more likely to be what he actually intended".

It didn't matter. They had their orders: "Sell the Basics or Else!". Rationality be damned.

Anonycat

Crusader
I would say the same things.

"Really? When the basic books were used in the SHSBC, and referred to by LRH all the time? If LRH never noticed any typo over 30 years, then it was unlikely to be a typo, and more likely to be what he actually intended".

It didn't matter. They had their orders: "Sell the Basics or Else!". Rationality be damned.

Trivia: I had just returned to the area, after being away for some time, and my "ex" friend loaned my their extra mobile phone on arrival, until I had time to go to the phone shop to buy one. Right away, the calls started coming in from Clearwater and Los Angeles, and I told them. They said to me: just don't troll, okay? I agreed. I was biting my tongue for about 3 days/~10 calls, until I really couldn't help but to ... troll just a little. :)

Yeah, the hard-sell was of epic proportions. It seemed like the biggest sales push from them that I'd ever witnessed.

Last edited: