What's new

DM MUST GIVE LIVE, UNRESTRICTED DEPOSITION in Monique Rathbun's suit!

AnonKat

Crusader
Re: DM MUST GIVE LIVE DEPOSITION in Monique Rathbun's suit!

Yes. Oi'll give it foive. :)

Paul

Mr. Miscavige asume the position please

Gloved-Hand-for-Cavity-Search.jpg

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate

He'll never have the nerve to undergo deposition. He's got to know he can't possibly come through a court appearance without getting all tongue-tied, seeking refuge in cultspeak, and ending up in contempt.

I strongly suspect his legal team are encouraging him to settle out of court – as soon as possible.

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron

He'll never have the nerve to undergo deposition. He's got to know he can't possibly come through a court appearance without getting all tongue-tied, seeking refuge in cultspeak, and ending up in contempt.

I strongly suspect his legal team are encouraging him to settle out of court – as soon as possible.

yes but he would have to be SANE to listen to them

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron

I've heard that it is really hard to crucify yourself.

The difficulty, apparently, is getting the last nail in.

I'm looking forward to see how well Davey goes crucifying himself in his deposition.

I have a funny feeling he will succeed where others have failed.

2u4j9mh.png

Boojuum

Silver Meritorious Patron
So what's going on inside the COS now. Mandatory 11PM meetings requiring all Scienos to go to Texas to protest, NOW:omg:. I wonder if they'll show up at Monique's.

Terril park

Sponsor

No worries. He can always tell the judge he dosn't have the rank to ask
those questions. After all he's at least as ecclesiastical as the Pope his lawyers say.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron

yes but he would have to be SANE to listen to them
I remember a film in Scientology - where a guy is standing there with his reactive mind getting all black and the music is really heavy and scary..that is David Miscavige today.....it is "insanity" and this is one case where Miscavige will not offer money to silence the Rathbun's....I just don't see him doing it. He is so arrogant - I think he will either kill himself, run away and hide or show up and shermanspeak his way through the deposition lying his boys size 8 ass off. I know the attorney's are going to tell him he is toast...but he knows all and won't listen. David Miscavige's life as he know it will change for eternity...he is going to snap!

Anonycat

Crusader

thewritegoddess

Patron with Honors
I've only been waiting 15 years for this. I'll guess many have waited much longer and with more personal reasons; I'm cry-happy! :bigcry: Congratulations to Ray, Mark, and Monique! Congratulations to EVERYONE! This is... I'm verklempt. Talk amongst yourselves. I'll give you a topic: David Miscavige is going to crack on questioning, discuss. :drama:

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
There is no way out.
There is only Bad or Worse.
Miscavige will either lie and obstruct justice which is perjury ~~
Or he will admit to supervising and running dark and unconscionable deeds.....
Ray Jeffrey has provided a road map of how to go after the "CHURCH."
Any subsequent lawyer would be a fool if they did not mirror this pathway and Miscavige's involvement.

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron
So folks, now let us return back to the ground.

This is not a criminal proceeding, this is a civil procedure. In a criminal proceeding the accused one has the right to be silent, he even is allowed to lie as long as he doesn´t accuse somebody wrongfully. Okay ?

Good.... now we have a civil procedure and Miscavige is a defendant (= party) and NOT a witness. As a party he has the right to decline to answer a question when he would incriminate himself (or a family member) of a criminal offense or when it would degrade himself (or a family member) - there are some other reasons too. Of course the judge can include this refuse to testify in his judgement.

So how much do you expect that you will hear from Miscavige about possible illegal or criminal activities ?

thewritegoddess

Patron with Honors
So folks, now lets come back to the ground.

This is not a criminal proceeding, this is a civil procedure. In a criminal proceeding the accused one has the right to be silent, he even is allowed to lie as long as he doesn´t accuse somebody wrongfully. Okay ?

Good.... now we have a civil procedure and Miscavige is a defendant (= party) and NOT a witness. As a party he has the right to decline to answer a question when he would incriminate himself (or a family member) of a criminal offense or when it would degrade himself (or a family member) - there are some other reasons too. Of course the judge can include this refuse to testify in his judgement.

So how much do you expect that you will hear from Miscavige about possible illegal or criminal activities ?

Good point. I'm just glad he's finally going to be in a courtroom, frankly. :yes:

aegerprimo

Summa Cum Laude
TICK TOCK TICK TOCK! David Miscavige & Church of Scientology!
tick-tock.jpg

If you are lurking and are still in Scientology, you have come to the right place! Read all you can about the Rathbun vs. Miscavige court case, and you will understand NOW is the time to get out! Ask questions, read, learn.

exsomessenger

Patron Meritorious
So folks, now let us return back to the ground.

every party has a pooper that's why we invited you. party pooper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ_LHyx2odc

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Good.... now we have a civil procedure and Miscavige is a defendant (= party) and NOT a witness. As a party he has the right to decline to answer a question when he would incriminate himself (or a family member) of a criminal offense or when it would degrade himself (or a family member) - there are some other reasons too.
This is largely incorrect.

A witness in a civil case does have a Fifth Amendment right not to answer a question where the answer would tend to incriminate him.

A witness generally does not have a Fifth Amendment right not to answer a question where the answer would tend to incriminate a family member.

[Are you thinking of the spousal privilege? That is, the right, in some jurisdictions, not to testify against one's spouse? And/or not to have one's spouse testify against oneself? If so, that would apply only with respect to Shelly. We also don't know if Texas recognizes and would apply the privilege.]

A witness does not have a Fifth Amendment, or other, right not to answer a question where the answer would tend to "degrade himself."

A witness does not have a Fifth Amendment, or other, right not to answer a question where the answer would tend to "degrade" a family member.

Last edited: