What's new

Ex or A.R.C. Broken

Pip

Patron with Honors
Hmm, I think that your usage of the term "understanding" is a bit sophisticated; "to stand under" in the sense of being below or at a lower level is a rather bizare application of the term in my opinion. The deriviation of a word is certainly interesting and it can also be important, but the actual usage of the word is rather cruzial. I would say that "understanding" is normally applied in a way that refers to comprehending or being aware of or knowing or grasping or being in alignment with someone or something, can also refer to empathy and sympathy. You can of course have a superior understanding of something so others kind of "stand under" but since you in that situation "stand over" it is somewhat tricky to talk about "stand under".

But as long as you clearly state how you apply the term it is OK of course.

Is God love? What about the idea that God is Live, Love and Truth?

Doesn't a person who know his subject have the right to control? Maybe even the responsibility or duty to control? Wouldn't you normally expect that a professional in an area where you do not have the know-how has a great level of control and you would be willing to be under his control? But if he mis-uses his power and demands control beyond his right then we have entered a situation with no right to control.

Thanks for your reply. My family motto is “Willing effect is total cause”. When we are willing to be the effect of something we are in an ideal position to understand it. Take for instance the com-cycle. For it to work it is necessary for both terminals to be willing effect. If one or the other is not willing to put themselves at effect no communication can take place, and with no communication there is no Affinity or Reality and therefore no understanding, hence to me the willingness to stand under is mandatory in good understanding. I hope that makes it a little clearer.

Yes God is love, and is also life and truth. I am not sure of live, if spelt backwards, is evil. (just a thought)

Yes! If a person really knows his subject I would suggest he has a “God given right” to control, and in fact in that circumstance others acknowledge that right. When the people heard Jesus speaking they were amazed at his teaching “because he taught as one who had authority, and not as their teachers of the law” Matthew 7:29. And later Jesus called his disciples together and said “you know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them and their high officials exercise authority over them. Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant.” Matthew 20:25-26.

Pip

Patron with Honors
So many people I met were coming to Dianetics and Scientology for personal gains and insight... much the way I did, ... it was only after I joined staff, that I saw the staff members for what they really are...
It became obvious when I realized that the staff, are not what they are selling... and they never assign themselves the condition of treason....

I had a similar experience when I joined staff although I was beginning to see serious inconsistances in the tech. and its application wthin a week or two of being at St. Hill.

I think you are right the condition is treason - find out that you are. I had a big cognition on that one!

Soul of Ginnungagab

Patron with Honors
Thanks for your reply. My family motto is “Willing effect is total cause”. When we are willing to be the effect of something we are in an ideal position to understand it. Take for instance the com-cycle. For it to work it is necessary for both terminals to be willing effect. If one or the other is not willing to put themselves at effect no communication can take place, and with no communication there is no Affinity or Reality and therefore no understanding, hence to me the willingness to stand under is mandatory in good understanding. I hope that makes it a little clearer.

Thanks for the clarification.

Yes God is love, and is also life and truth. I am not sure of live, if spelt backwards, is evil. (just a thought)
Well "life" and "live" are different words. You can play with words, spelling them backwords or do other things with them. You can do that in order to make a point or you can do it just as a passtime. The concept behind the word "live" doesn't change because of that. But playing with words can be very efficient in metaphorical writings and poetical writings and poetry where it can be applied in a way so you can express something deep in very concentrated form. It can make the reader go into a nice trance-like state or a state of altered consciousness. Can be very inspiring.

Anyway, Life, Love and Truth is God, or godhood or spirituality. Life, Love and Truth are universal powers or qualities, not owned by any particular religion or philosophy. They are senior to any religion or philosophy. Life, Love and Truth belong to all of us. That is my cup of tea.

Yes! If a person really knows his subject I would suggest he has a “God given right” to control, and in fact in that circumstance others acknowledge that right. When the people heard Jesus speaking they were amazed at his teaching “because he taught as one who had authority, and not as their teachers of the law” Matthew 7:29. And later Jesus called his disciples together and said “you know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them and their high officials exercise authority over them. Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant.” Matthew 20:25-26.

Interesting.

Greg Rice

Patron
Maybe you should go back Greg and re-educate "the staff"

i mean hubbards psycho-political victims.
they should re-educate themselves... staff members position themselves to cover thier asses while preventing as many as possible from moving UP the bridge... all the latteral rundowns are an axample of this... selling a latteral move, prevents upward progress. Blaming someone and calling them a suppressive, justifies the downstats resulting from the methods the STAFF MEMBERS employ, and is so much easier than assigning themselves the condition of treason they are stupidly in...

... and the staff members monitoring these sights can pretend I am wrong if they want... so much easier than assigning themselves the condition of treason they are working in

GreyLensman

Silver Meritorious Patron
Remind me . . . where's LOVE and UNDERSTANDING on the Tone Scale?

Right above the tone level a Sea Aaarrrggg member is demonstrating when screaming at someone "You're f**king me in the A**!!!"
It's all just a huge gradient of caring and concern for the individual...