What's new

Heavy critics similar as church members

Veda

Sponsor
Could be, Veda.

Just like the christian religion and the muslim religion and many other religions.

Please turn off the Scientology PR gimmick machine in your head.

Thanks.

But I'm not interested in how screwed up it is.

Maybe you should be, as that screw up is getting inside you and screwing you up.

I'm interested in those things that I can find true and which I can use to help myself and others.

And you're doing that through Ron's Orgs http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=479540&postcount=7271. What's your next step on the Bridge?

newlife

Patron
Please turn off the Scientology PR gimmick machine in your head.

Sorry Veda, if you tell me that I use a bunch of evasive and manipulative Scientology PR gimmicks and you can't tell me what you mean by that, then we cannot have a discussion here. :confused2:

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
. . . <snip> . . . One can get rid of this mental charge by applying Scientology sensibly, without suppression, without abuses, and without all the bullshit and PR of “Total Freedom” from the church . . . <snip> . . .

Got DOX?

From my reading of the literature (which is but one google search away), the last thing a person emerging from cult thinking needs is even more cult thinking.

Last edited:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Why take that tone? It's surely not going to help Newlife.
Discussion and reasoned argument (as seen elsewhere on this thread) seems like a much more positive approach. Just my opinion.

Operating Wog

Patron with Honors
This thread acts like an OSA diversion with that twisty twist twist that is illogical from its inception. Is OP a scientologist? Sure talks like one.

Another common theme between SOME critics and SOME church members. Criticize them in any way, and you are labeled a plant. I've seen this tactic all too often on this board. Sometimes I think ex scios come here because they miss such abuse. ;)

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
snip - But I think even the most scathing critic would agree with at least ONE basic assumption in Scientology:
NEGATIVE EXPERIENCES FROM THE PAST CAN AFFECT YOU IN THE PRESENT.

These negative experiences might include experiences with the topic Scientology itself.

In Scientology the result of these negative experiences is called “mental charge”.
One can get rid of this mental charge by applying Scientology sensibly, without suppression, without abuses, and without all the bullshit and PR of “Total Freedom” from the church.

Some may have automatically accepted this as a true datum.
Others will automatically fight this datum.

Whatever you think about it, please don’t behave like a church member…!

Well I suggest you apply your own words to yourself.

Since you're on OT III - CALL A GEOLOGIST!!!!

But since you won't here's a link.

http://www.xenu.net/archive/ot/peter_forde.html

(it's all about volcanoes)!!

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
What have I done wrong - given the poor "Pre-OT" the EP cog before he was "ready" for it?
No. Newlife said:
Originally Posted by newlife
Thanks, Veda.

I'm currently on the level OT-III.
And you said:
Just so you know, the EP of OT III is the cog that there's no more BTs.

So run along and attest.

Good luck with that!!:whistling:
So I said:
Why take that tone? It's surely not going to help Newlife.
Discussion and reasoned argument (as seen elsewhere on this thread) seems like a much more positive approach. Just my opinion.
That's the sequence of events. I chose to express an opinion about what you'd written. That's fair enough, isn't it?

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Just so you know, the EP of OT III is the cog that there's no more BTs.

So run along and attest.

Good luck with that!!:whistling:

I've always wondered: why don't Scientologists just use frozen alcohol and glycol? I mean, this is the substance that the evil inter-galactic overlord Xenu used to trap all the body thetans after blowing them up in the non-existent volcanoes. Is there some reason why it cannot also be used to detach them?

I suppose there's not quite so much money in a one-off treatment. Far better to have the OT Scilons sitting at home regularly self-hypnotising themselves into euphoric states before they trot on down to the org for a regging session. Poor sods.

Gadfly

Crusader
I've always wondered: why don't Scientologists just use frozen alcohol and glycol? I mean, this is the substance that the evil inter-galactic overlord Xenu used to trap all the body thetans after blowing them up in the non-existent volcanoes. Is there some reason why it cannot also be used to detach them?

I suppose there's not quite so much money in a one-off treatment. Far better to have the OT Scilons sitting at home regularly self-hypnotising themselves into euphoric states before they trot on down to the org for a regging session. Poor sods.

This is totally off the wall. Hulda Clarke, in her book, The Cure For All Cancers, found "isopropyl alcohol" to be the absolute worse environmental toxin (as far as she was concerned), and a major component in creating a biological/physical environment where the "parasites" can flourish (which supposedly "cause" the cancer).

There is some data that "possibly" people who mess with OT III get more cancers than others. Probably not true, but who knows? Possibly, people with "incorrectly handled OT III" get more cancers than the general average! :confused2:

In a strange sort of way, the idea of thousands upon thousands of little BTs getting all excited and restimulated, and vibrating out of control, due to the contact with "alcohols", could result in some phenomena that might manifest as "cells growing and multiplying out of control" (i.e. cancer). :confused2:

Naturally, "stress" of any sort seems to foment and exacerbate various illnesses.

+++++++

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Another common theme between SOME critics and SOME church members. Criticize them in any way, and you are labeled a plant. I've seen this tactic all too often on this board. Sometimes I think ex scios come here because they miss such abuse. ;)

I agree. I get really tired of seeing people referred to as OSA or as doing OSA's work.

People have different ideas and personalities. That's what it is.

Unless and until someone actually runs an op on people here or tries to get their bank account info or something, we should be avoiding OSA accusations.

well_that_sucked

Patron with Honors
This is totally off the wall. Hulda Clarke, in her book, The Cure For All Cancers, found "isopropyl alcohol" to be the absolute worse environmental toxin (as far as she was concerned), and a major component in creating a biological/physical environment where the "parasites" can flourish (which supposedly "cause" the cancer).

There is some data that "possibly" people who mess with OT III get more cancers than others. Probably not true, but who knows? Possibly, people with "incorrectly handled OT III" get more cancers than the general average! :confused2:

In a strange sort of way, the idea of thousands upon thousands of little BTs getting all excited and restimulated, and vibrating out of control, due to the contact with "alcohols", could result in some phenomena that might manifest as "cells growing and multiplying out of control" (i.e. cancer). :confused2:

Naturally, "stress" of any sort seems to foment and exacerbate various illnesses.

+++++++

LOL Hulda Clark.

I knew scientologists with cancer that died very painful deaths trying to cure their disease with her bullshit instead of getting real medical help that could have saved their lives.

http://www.cancertreatmentwatch.org/victims/ponzanelli.shtml

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hulda_Regehr_Clark

Seems some people NEED there to be a magic fix to what ails them, and are happy to be lied to, and will even put their lives on the line to have their delusional fix met.

Veda

Sponsor
Like what?

Yes, Hubbard claimed that Scientology works if you apply it correctly.
But saying that Scientology works is not promising anyone anything.

Person 1: "You sold me this AM/FM radio and told me that it works."

Person 2: "So, it works."

Person 1: "But when I flick the switch to FM nothing happens."

Person 2: "So?"

Person 1: "So it doesn't work."

Person 2: "Did I ever mention FM?"

Person 1: "Well, no, but -"

Person 2: "It works."

Person 1: "But now the AM part isn't working either."

Person 2: "So, it's a great paperweight for your desk."

Person 1: "But it's a radio."

Person 2: "Did I ever say it was a radio?"

Person 1: "Well, no, but I want my money back."

Person 2: "Sorry, our policy is that items cannot be returned once used."

Person 1: (upset) "You're a swindler!"

Person 2: (In comforting tones) "Now, now. Here, have a seat. I'll take out my e-meter and we'll run out your charge on this."

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
I like the broken radio analogy.

For me, Scientology is a broken clock: it's very occasionally useful (there are two times a day when it's right, if you happen to look at it, and it's wrong all the rest).

Of course, since the digital age, many broken clocks aren't even right twice a day.

+++

Oh, and...

I don't worry about OSA. The more they lurk or post here in an attempt to handle us, the more they are exposed to us. Cultural contamination of that kind can only work in our favour; it can't lead to exes being drawn back into the Church of Miscavige, because Scientology has nothing new to offer. It may well cost OSA their operatives, however: how can they debate allegations of Scientology malpractice and abuse, without thinking about that abuse, and reviewing the evidence? Heads we win, tails they lose.

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
You might be out, soon, then. Good luck with it.

BTW, Ron lied. This hardly ever happens. Even Rex Fowler didn't manage it, and he applied R2-45.
Do_not_read_OT_3_unprepared.jpg

LOL!!! I love it!

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
No. Newlife said:
And you said:

So I said:

That's the sequence of events. I chose to express an opinion about what you'd written. That's fair enough, isn't it?

Was the "run along and attest" line a little harsh?

I was short on time, so I blasted a bit.

What I meant to say was:

Good luck! After you attest to OT III with the cog of no more BTs, in the VERY NEXT SESSION YOU HAVE, the auditor will fly ruds on you asking You?, BT?, Cluster?

Then you get to start all over again with the BT crap on OT4, OT5, OT6, OT7, thousands of hours of your time, thousands of dollars of your money.

Afterall, it was Newlife him(her)self who wrote this in the OP:

In Scientology the result of these negative experiences is called “mental charge”.
One can get rid of this mental charge by applying Scientology sensibly, without suppression, without abuses, and without all the bullshit and PR of “Total Freedom” from the church.

Some may have automatically accepted this as a true datum.
Others will automatically fight this datum.

Whatever you think about it, please don’t behave like a church member…!

How can any of us who have been through the "wall of fire" inside Scientology stand by and watch Newlife walk down the garden path without at least expressing a warning?

So be warned Newlife.

To paraphrase your paragraph above,

The OT levels ARE suppressive.

The OT levels ARE abussive.

The OT levels ARE bullshit.

Anyone selling this to you inside or outside of the church IS using the "Total Freedom" trap to lure you in.

Nuf said.:omg:

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
Was the "run along and attest" line a little harsh?

I was short on time, so I blasted a bit.

What I meant to say was:

Good luck! After you attest to OT III with the cog of no more BTs, in the VERY NEXT SESSION YOU HAVE, the auditor will fly ruds on you asking You?, BT?, Cluster?

Then you get to start all over again with the BT crap on OT4, OT5, OT6, OT7, thousands of hours of your time, thousands of dollars of your money.

Afterall, it was Newlife him(her)self who wrote this in the OP:

How can any of us who have been through the "wall of fire" inside Scientology stand by and watch Newlife walk down the garden path without at least expressing a warning?

So be warned Newlife.

To paraphrase your paragraph above,

The OT levels ARE suppressive.

The OT levels ARE abussive.

The OT levels ARE bullshit.

Anyone selling this to you inside or outside of the church IS using the "Total Freedom" trap to lure you in.

Nuf said.:omg:

Truefax