What's new

Hello and Glad to be here

boonies

Patron
(Warning...I type VERY fast...and I'm not spellchecking :blush: )

Hello. I found this site I think in reading Counterfeit Dreams blog. I've been on a couple of other boards a tiny bit, but I think this is really where I should have come first. Okay, so I'm here.

I've read some posts and don't know really where to begin. So I figure I'll start with hello in the intro threads and go from there.
I don't think I even want to give my name yet.
I blew staff after 12 years full-full time in a very well-to-do mission that still exists and we catered to mostly doctors and dentists and the place was originally run by two OTs that I admire to this day (both off lines). I left in 1999 and neither of them were there then. As I recently posted elsewhere, I was a Grad V C/S and lots of other things from the bottom to the top of the org board and I was one of the original staff members and key to keeping the place going well. I even flew around and delivered Life Repairs to our long distance docs and their kids, etc. I sold whole Grade Charts, etc., literally everything you can think of.

Just in introducing myself, I want to say after reading all of Counterfeit Dreams, I'm in grief over it all. What really hit me was the reality of people I considered super-beings and admired so incredibly much were treated like the worst pestulant rodents. Snared in traps. Poisoned but kept alive. Denegrated to such dispicable levels.

When I first left, the things I read that were anti-Scn I think ARC broke me too badly...the vehement spewings against people like ME. I was already spinning and confused and I got more confused so decided to leave it alone and focus my attention elsewhere, like on my kids and on living a life outside scn. My entire thrust and purpose in life was gung hu forward in one direction and I decided pretty quickly to change course, but I didn't (and really still don't) have a clue as to what course I'm on.

Because I am goal oriented and really not moving forward, I came again to the internet to try to sort out where I'm headed and how.

I think I've found the right place, because what I didn't ever do and haven't really wanted to do was resolve or sort out that past.
Just leaving doesn't give you a fresh start.
In fact, if I step back a bit, I think I've been more enturbulated since leaving than I had been for a very long time, just in different ways.

Being part of staff and doing the things I did WAS a very selfless 3rd dynamic drive for me and helping people WAS the reason I was there and did what I did. Why I left was not because I wasn't helping people. I was. And for whatever reason, I WAS helping people. I have a hard time believing someone who generalizes and says "it doesn't work" as I did see it work. I did see things that didn't work too, don't get me wrong, I'm not an idiot, but in the main and for the most part, at our mission level, it was great.

Very capable beings, together in a group are capable of great things, no matter what technology they use to accomplish that. And our group was made up of some people that were succesful outside of scn and some that weren't necessarily.

And some like me, who went from having their head screwed on backwards having grown up in a completely dysfunctional family and who were in utter confusion, to at least facing forward, releasing the demons of the past, making actual changes in lifestyle and gaining some moral integrity.

I was trying to wade through my dysfunctional state in college and majoring in psychology to do this and very quickly found it to be extremely dysfunctional itself. If some other technology could have gotten me to this state...I really don't know. I was raised Catholic and went to an elite Catholic girls school that was touted to be the best. I did the Minister's course and I later have looked into some things, and although their philosophies say they eventually lead you to that, they lacked any organized way to get there.

I needed an organized way to get there. I needed someone to pull my ass in and get in comm with me and put me on a path to betterment. I was completely floundering and there is no doubt that I was spiraling down that big sewage drain of life. My younger brother got sucked down that drain and was dead at 20. My best relief pre-scn was alcohol and chic drugs...the only way I knew to get any kind of release. I was not addicted to either.

So, is someone going to tell me that what I witnessed was bullshit? Is someone going to tell me it was all for nought? Is someone going to tell me I am not a completely and totally different person from who I was then? Is someone going to tell me I was brainwashed into believing things that aren't true? I can't have that. Truth is truth, right?

I am trying to sort this out as I write, with the hope of dealing with the past and moving forward. I feel sort of like a non-being, like I've been non-existent because like everyone who leaves, I became a "non-being" to my dearest friends, truly good people that I loved deeply. They had to become non-beings, in a sense, to me. These were the people I had my babies with, all my time on post and socially was spent with them.

I can't tell my 2D this stuff really. I certainly don't want to dump on my kids...who are doing awesome, by the way and are incredible beings themselves since I've mostly focused my energy on their lives. The biggest part of my reason for leaving...

But, I still feel this huge loss, gaping hole and emptiness on the third dynamic.

klidov

Silver Meritorious Patron
I am very glad to meet you :happydance:

And I am happy that you are here. Please feel free to offer whatever you wish.
What an amazing story. I am sure the people here can help you with the feeling
this huge loss, gaping hole and emptiness on the third dynamic
. There are really good people here.

Welcome to the board.:) :) I know what you mean about the loss of 3d. I used to wish that I could communicate with ex scios, and Emma has provided the opportunities for us. :)

Carmel

Crusader
Hey Boonies, welcome to the board :) !

Hello. I found this site I think in reading Counterfeit Dreams blog. I've been on a couple of other boards a tiny bit, but I think this is really where I should have come first. Okay, so I'm here.
Yep, there's all types of perspectives from people on this board, but in the main, they are a caring, loving bunch of dudes and dudettes.

I was a Grad V C/S and lots of other things from the bottom to the top of the org board and I was one of the original staff members and key to keeping the place going well. I even flew around and delivered Life Repairs to our long distance docs and their kids, etc. I sold whole Grade Charts, etc., literally everything you can think of.
I have a similar track in Scn.

When I first left, the things I read that were anti-Scn I think ARC broke me too badly...the vehement spewings against people like ME. I was already spinning and confused and I got more confused so decided to leave it alone and focus my attention elsewhere, like on my kids and on living a life outside scn. My entire thrust and purpose in life was gung hu forward in one direction and I decided pretty quickly to change course, but I didn't (and really still don't) have a clue as to what course I'm on.
I have reality on what you are talking about. That could well sort in in short order. I hope it does (I believe it will).

Nup, sure as hell didn't for me.

In fact, if I step back a bit, I think I've been more enturbulated since leaving than I had been for a very long time, just in different ways.

Being part of staff and doing the things I did WAS a very selfless 3rd dynamic drive for me and helping people WAS the reason I was there and did what I did. Why I left was not because I wasn't helping people. I was. And for whatever reason, I WAS helping people. I have a hard time believing someone who generalizes and says "it doesn't work" as I did see it work. I did see things that didn't work too, don't get me wrong, I'm not an idiot, but in the main and for the most part, at our mission level, it was great.
Right back atcha!

So, is someone going to tell me that what I witnessed was bullshit? Is someone going to tell me it was all for nought? Is someone going to tell me I am not a completely and totally different person from who I was then? Is someone going to tell me I was brainwashed into believing things that aren't true?
Probably, probably, probably and probably - but don't let that deter you. It's a bit of a shit, but you'll deal with that and truely benefit from the odd support/reality that you do get.

I can't have that. Truth is truth, right?
I can't have it either. And truth sure is truth. But we all have different histories and different realities, so keep that in mind when and if you get some out R eval or outright opposition to your reality.

But, I still feel this huge loss, gaping hole and emptiness on the third dynamic.
That's a tough one (I had my own), but that will shift. Posting on the board will undoubtedly help with that. All the best :thumbsup:

Cheers,
SNC

Neo

Silver Meritorious Patron
So, is someone going to tell me that what I witnessed was bullshit? Is someone going to tell me it was all for nought? Is someone going to tell me I am not a completely and totally different person from who I was then? Is someone going to tell me I was brainwashed into believing things that aren't true? I can't have that. Truth is truth, right?

Welcome, boonies.

I doubt anyone will evaluate that blatantly for you! (at least not in your first week!) I lot of people seemed to have had similar experiences, from what I have read. And was it all for nought? I know the feeling on that one too. Its not my place to say, but in my experience I took away just as much good as bad. I guess its a personal decision for you to make, based on what you know about you, and what others think is neither here nor there on the matter.

For me, I don't mind if someone says that they had wins from the tech. If this is what happened, then thats what happened. I don't like to hear people says all the problems are DMs and LRH was a saint, etc. Not when the facts say otherwise.

There are a lot of stories here, at this board. Perhaps in reading these you may encounter what others have done to handle that feeling of loss regarding the 3rd dynamic. I wish you well. And thanks for joining us.

Neo

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I can't tell my 2D this stuff really. I certainly don't want to dump on my kids...who are doing awesome, by the way and are incredible beings themselves since I've mostly focused my energy on their lives. The biggest part of my reason for leaving...

Welcome! ESMB provides its own third dynamic. You should fit right in. Be warned, it gets addictive though. :)

Paul

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
(Warning...I type VERY fast...and I'm not spellchecking :blush: )

And it's great to see you here. :D

(I've read some posts and don't know really where to begin. So I figure I'll start with hello in the intro threads and go from there.
I don't think I even want to give my name yet.
I blew staff after 12 years full-full time in a very well-to-do mission that still exists and we catered to mostly doctors and dentists and the place was originally run by two OTs that I admire to this day (both off lines). I left in 1999 and neither of them were there then. As I recently posted elsewhere, I was a Grad V C/S and lots of other things from the bottom to the top of the org board and I was one of the original staff members and key to keeping the place going well. I even flew around and delivered Life Repairs to our long distance docs and their kids, etc. I sold whole Grade Charts, etc., literally everything you can think of.

Just in introducing myself, I want to say after reading all of Counterfeit Dreams, I'm in grief over it all. What really hit me was the reality of people I considered super-beings and admired so incredibly much were treated like the worst pestulant rodents. Snared in traps. Poisoned but kept alive. Denegrated to such dispicable levels.

Because I am goal oriented and really not moving forward, I came again to the internet to try to sort out where I'm headed and how.

I think I've found the right place, because what I didn't ever do and haven't really wanted to do was resolve or sort out that past.

Totally agree. After my initial "release" of leaving a suppressive environment (Class V Staff) I got really depressed because I didn't have anyone to talk to. I had a gag order on me so I wasn't allowed to talk to anyone. That's when I turned back to the internet.

(Being part of staff and doing the things I did WAS a very selfless 3rd dynamic drive for me and helping people WAS the reason I was there and did what I did. Why I left was not because I wasn't helping people. I was. And for whatever reason, I WAS helping people. I have a hard time believing someone who generalizes and says "it doesn't work" as I did see it work. I did see things that didn't work too, don't get me wrong, I'm not an idiot, but in the main and for the most part, at our mission level, it was great.

Very capable beings, together in a group are capable of great things, no matter what technology they use to accomplish that. And our group was made up of some people that were succesful outside of scn and some that weren't necessarily.

And some like me, who went from having their head screwed on backwards having grown up in a completely dysfunctional family and who were in utter confusion, to at least facing forward, releasing the demons of the past, making actual changes in lifestyle and gaining some moral integrity.

I was trying to wade through my dysfunctional state in college and majoring in psychology to do this and very quickly found it to be extremely dysfunctional itself. If some other technology could have gotten me to this state...I really don't know. I was raised Catholic and went to an elite Catholic girls school that was touted to be the best. I did the Minister's course and I later have looked into some things, and although their philosophies say they eventually lead you to that, they lacked any organized way to get there.

I needed an organized way to get there. I needed someone to pull my ass in and get in comm with me and put me on a path to betterment. I was completely floundering and there is no doubt that I was spiraling down that big sewage drain of life. My younger brother got sucked down that drain and was dead at 20. My best relief pre-scn was alcohol and chic drugs...the only way I knew to get any kind of release. I was not addicted to either.

To be honest there are people here who do believe it was a big load of rubbish and they will give you their opinions. But we try to have meaningful debate about it and discussion rather than make wrong. There are also a number of people who feel as you do too. There are others who used to feel as you do and have sinced changed their minds too. So it's a mixed bunch. Having said that, we are aware that when people first start to talk about their experiences they tend to be a bit fragile and need to be listened to more than anything else.

(I am trying to sort this out as I write, with the hope of dealing with the past and moving forward. I feel sort of like a non-being, like I've been non-existent because like everyone who leaves, I became a "non-being" to my dearest friends, truly good people that I loved deeply. They had to become non-beings, in a sense, to me. These were the people I had my babies with, all my time on post and socially was spent with them.

Seven years on and I still miss the 3D of Scientology. Maybe thats why we are trying to arrange a get togther in Vegas next year to reclaim some of that group dynamic. The difference is that if you decide you don't want to come - we will still love you! :happydance:

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
Greetings boonies.

I know what you mean about seeing things that work: I did too, and I saw things that didn't work, both on myself and others. I tended to see the upset and disaffected more than the average staffer.

Thank you for trying to make the world a better place, and I hope that you find a way to mend that gaping hole.

Flag-2005

Patron with Honors
yes there is a friendship here that is a very nice and loose 3D.

If you had a purpose I suppose now you can re-vitalise it if you like, and here is a great place to start to fill in the blanks on what happened.

Now you are back to looking here and there - a lot of data but no one to push you into it. Loosing faith in Scientology is ruff but maybe it should be seen in this different light that there are lots of lessons learned.

"full-full time in a very well-to-do mission that still exists and we catered to mostly doctors and dentists and the place was originally run by two OTs that I admire to this day (both off lines)."

Thats not a bad way into learning about the spirit, but its rough to learn about the SO execs and all the OSA behaviour that was behind the scenes.

But imagine the ruff road of a 20 yr SO veteran when they get out, man I could not even begin to think how they get through it.

Welcome to the forum and please enjoy being a reader but also I hope your a writer..

duddins

Patron Meritorious
Welcome Boonies,

Just as Emma said, you will find all sorts of opinions and experiences here on the board. But beyond that, you should find many friends who are willing to listen.

So glad you found us!

I would love to hear more of your story. It sounds like you had many positive experiences at the mission, along with the bad. It also sounds like you are a kind heart with the desire to help make a better world.

Many of us were 'people like you.' You are not alone.

I may rant and rave sometimes, but I never will forget that I once wore that uniform with pride.

Most of us were all at one point enamored with Scientology or else we would not be here.

You are in the safe zone Boonies, noone has a right to judge you here.

If anyone does.....just let me at em.............:punch: :punch: :punch: :D

Good twin

Floater
Hey Boonies. Welcome. I come from the mission network also. When I came to this board I started to unravel fast. I went through times when I felt it was all BS and I had lived a lie my entire life. I also thought the help I had given may have been harmful instead. I was hurting over what I might have caused as much as what had been done to me. (More so actually) I have found people who know me here and even one of my former PCs. This has been liberating in the extreme. She told me that she did find value in the auditing I gave her. That helped. Then also when I came out to a family member, she told me not to have regrets and she also reminded me of the people I had helped. Since then I have forgiven myself a bit at a time. I have accepted the part of me that was once a Scientologist. I have come to realize that my intention to help has resulted in improved conditions for my associates both in and out of Scientology. You are in the right place. Share what you are comfortable with. We will listen.
Good Twin

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Some edit/delete and comment...if that's OK...

Hi "boonies" this is EP/Roy, here! :yes: :love8: :arose: First, let's come up with a better "calling name" - OK? What name did you envy when you were a little girl? I like "Faye" which can also be "Fey" - but hey! it's your choice...:coolwink:

Okay, so I'm here. A VERY intelligent choice as the sun never sets on this forum. :no: "We" are always here for you. :flowers:

I've read some posts and don't know really where to begin. You have made and excellent start already! :happydance:

I'm in grief over it all. Yeah, but that's OK - I'm still "running out" grief and you likely have hardly got started. Weep freely, is my advice. :blush:

but I didn't (and really still don't) have a clue as to what course I'm on. Well, settle down and do not be too impatient...read the "desiderada" (google it - the old version)and see it that indicates. :eyeroll:

I think I've found the right place,...I'm sure of it. :thumbsup:

...Just leaving doesn't give you a fresh start. So give youself a locational...get your nails done...buy a new frock...fix youself up! I'm seeing you as a hot chick! So don't dissapoint an old ethics particle such as I! :D

... helping people WAS the reason I was there and did what I did. Altrustic to the core! I knew it :melodramatic: lets keep that, OK :whistling:

Very capable beings, together in a group are capable of great things, no matter what technology they use to accomplish that. In verita. :clap:

I needed an organized way to get there. ... alcohol and chic drugs...the only way I knew to get any kind of release. I was not addicted to either. Good indicators all! :dance3:

So, is someone going to tell me that what I witnessed was bullshit? Is someone going to tell me it was all for nought? Is someone going to tell me I am not a completely and totally different person from who I was then? Is someone going to tell me I was brainwashed into believing things that aren't true? I can't have that. Truth is truth, right? Are we not all the sum total of our experiences? :whistling:

I am trying to sort this out as I write, ...I feel sort of like a non-being,... RITE MOAR! :melodramatic:

I can't tell my 2D this stuff really. I certainly don't want to dump on my kids...who are doing awesome,... You'd probably be astonished at what your 2D and kids can handle - but, whatever...:p

Now THERE is an argument for joining us in Las Vegas if I ever heard a "JUSTIFIER" :happydance:

Love,

Roy, the EPs EP

Boldgirl

Patron Meritorious
welcome boonies.....good for you for posting ! I say that because it wasnt easy for me to actually do that part after reading a lot.

I read your story twice, nodding the whole time about how being out isnt exactly this automatic new life...I am still lost....and I was public. I had committed myself mentally to that group of 'friends' and wanted the bridge pretty bad, but didnt calculate that I would get worse with auditing and be betrayed by scientologists.

So, you'll find many people here that feel as you do on different issues....but one thing is for sure....YOU ARE NO LONGER ALONE.

Post and post and post until you start to sort things out.

Best Wishes

WrongPlaceRightTime

Patron Meritorious
Hello and Welcome-
You sound like a lovely person. You are not bullshit. You're intentions were/are pure.
My parents were scientologists. They were on staff for a while when I was really young and then became some times active public, therefore I was not exposed to Scientology at the level of others who were "born in". I bring this up because I was constantly told that Scientology was THE ONLY technology on the planet that could bring about change and that the other religions were nice traditions but not truly helpful. I didn't do many courses or have much auditing, so you could say that I was more of an observer than a participator.
And what I saw was something fishy...
and that lead me to research Buddhism as this was the supposed root of Scientology. I also researched Vedic philosophy. I will never forget picking up "Fourteen Lessons in Yogi Philosohpy" by Yogi Ramacharaka. I was struck by the guilded triangle symbol stamped on the spine of the blue leather bound book. It didn't take long before I understood that Scientology was not THE ONLY technology on the planet that could bring about positive change...infact I begin to think that Scientology sounds and looks quite a lot like these ancient philosophies.

I submit to you the idea that you are already perfect and that you do not need to strive to change anything. If you could just try for one moment to breathe in the fullness of life and be here in present time for just one true pure moment...you might see that you don't need any kind of "technology".

Much Love,

Last edited:

Div6

Crusader
Welcome to ESMB.

I, like you started in the mission network. I also saw a lot of real help go down. But since the advent of the DM regime, and all the "popery" associated with that
(including selling 'indulgences', and full blown inquisitions) I realized that Scn had become a 1.1 group, if not a suppressive group.

I was staff for 15 years...so losing a "stable datum" of that magnitude created a
void for me as well. But since leaving the "official" organization, I have continued my bridge, and am doing well in life.

Thats great on your children, btw.

Please fill us in on the current scene as you have time.

Veda

Sponsor
-snip-

So, is someone going to tell me that what I witnessed was bullshit? Is someone going to tell me it was all for nought? Is someone going to tell me I am not a completely and totally different person from who I was then? Is someone going to tell me I was brainwashed into believing things that aren't true?

-snip-

Probably someone, somewhere, will, but it won't be me.

There, possibly, might be some confusion with references to a booklet, that Hubbard called 'the Brainwashing Manual',

http://warrior.xenu.ca/Brainwashing-front.jpg

and the topic of 'Brainwashing' and arguments over what, exactly, the word, "brainwashing" means.

Maybe this link to the Scientological Onion will be helpful:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=19183&postcount=1

and this 'Sole Source Myth' thread contains a lot of interesting info:

http://forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=510