What's new

Hello from Scooter

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
G'day, my name is Paul Schofield and I first began my association with Scientology in Feb 1979. Since then I have been a staff member for over twenty years then worked on and off at narconons until May this year. Since then I've beentrying to work out what the hell is going on in the place. Last Sunday nught (while I was ironically finally getting a supposed Justice cycle suqashed by the Supercargo OAHS ANZO) my wife was being reged over the phone for donos for the Bsaics to Libraries Campaign. She was told that $126 million had been raised and that $4 million was needed. Laudable, but why was it that I'd never seen these books in either of the two public libraries I visit regularly with my kids? I wound up googling "nation library database" (I suggest you do too - it has all the databases from lots of counrties) and found that Australia, with over 800 libraries, has only 177 Bsaics books scattered through those libraries. We were told a year ago there was full sets of 18 books each in EVERY library in Oz. So, Scooter says farewell to the group that is either criminal or screamingly inefficient enough to waste (by my rough maths) over $120 million of it's parishoners' funds and keep asking for more. I'll tell my full story but for now, here I am and I'm glad to be here. I'm learning a lot more here than I ever did talking to terminals from the Church. See ya around.

Carnaubawax

Patron Meritorious
Welcome Scooter. Pull up a chair and make yourself comfortable. Lots of interesting folk to talk to here. Thanks for the introduction.

Prosper.

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Good show!

G'day, my name is Paul Schofield and I first began my association with Scientology in Feb 1979.

...snip...

So, Scooter says farewell to the group that is either criminal or screamingly inefficient enough to waste (by my rough maths) over $120 million of it's parishoners' funds and keep asking for more. I'll tell my full story but for now, here I am and I'm glad to be here. I'm learning a lot more here than I ever did talking to terminals from the Church. See ya around.

And "hello" to you Scooter! :thumbsup: The board, myself included, is here for you. :yes:

Mike aka Roy/EP

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
G'day, my name is Paul Schofield and I first began my association with Scientology in Feb 1979. Since then I have been a staff member for over twenty years then worked on and off at narconons until May this year. Since then I've beentrying to work out what the hell is going on in the place. Last Sunday nught (while I was ironically finally getting a supposed Justice cycle suqashed by the Supercargo OAHS ANZO) my wife was being reged over the phone for donos for the Bsaics to Libraries Campaign. She was told that $126 million had been raised and that $4 million was needed. Laudable, but why was it that I'd never seen these books in either of the two public libraries I visit regularly with my kids? I wound up googling "nation library database" (I suggest you do too - it has all the databases from lots of counrties) and found that Australia, with over 800 libraries, has only 177 Bsaics books scattered through those libraries. We were told a year ago there was full sets of 18 books each in EVERY library in Oz. So, Scooter says farewell to the group that is either criminal or screamingly inefficient enough to waste (by my rough maths) over $120 million of it's parishoners' funds and keep asking for more. I'll tell my full story but for now, here I am and I'm glad to be here. I'm learning a lot more here than I ever did talking to terminals from the Church. See ya around.

Why does it have to be one or the other? How about screamingly inefficient AND criminal?

Welcome!!

Wisened One

Crusader
:welcome2: to ESMB, Scooter! :welcome2: :happydance:

Yeah, if ya dig even a little deeper into any of your other questions you find yourself having, bet you'll find THOSE don't add up, either!

Look forward to hearing more of your stories, and I bet you have lots of old friends that you'll recognize here, too! :yes:

Michelle

ttamaad

Silver Meritorious Patron
Said hello in the doubt thread but I am sure you will have plenty of stories to tell... and a few laughs to give everyone as well

Good to see ya here, Mate!!!!! :thumbsup:

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
bom bom bom, another one bites the dust :whistling:

Welcome. I said in the other thread I really think we
should compile library stats. Pretty damning info.
Could wake a lot of people up.

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
:welcome2:

G'day Scooter!

Please, please tell me that is really your nickname! If so, care to expand on how you got it?

Anyway, thank you for dropping in. I hope you feel right at home.

I look forward to hearing more of your story.

Axiom142

Once bitten

Patron Meritorious
Hi Paul & welcome

I remember you from back-in-the-day.

Glad that you have found your way here.

Love,

Genny (formally Gray)

Human Again

Hi Scooter,

I remember you too, and I am glad you have had a nice clear view of the lies and hypocrisy. I am sure you will be astounded at the information that comes out on these boards.

Your information will be gladly received here too, every time we hear someone's story our own becomes a littler clearer to us. For some of us, it is what helps us shake off past programming and indoctrination, which unfortunately has been very effective.

Information on who is still on staff and on lines and what is going on is very interesting to us. Somtimes it let's us know about people we care about and sometimes it reconfirms our own descisions.

Can I ask you something? What is the group think about the whole GAT book thing? When I was told, only a few weeks ago, I was shocked. Hubbard allowed "out-tech" books to be reprinted dozens of times and sold to the public and trained into the auditors for 30 years??? And "MUs on the basics" this was being used as the excuse for past injustices and bad behaviour of the church officials?

What do the staff and public think? Can you shine al ight on how they view this "evolution?"

Welcome to our group, it's like welcoming someone out of a collapsed mine, we're so happy you came out alive and we are here for you.

Carmel

Crusader
Hey Scooter,

Glad you are here, and that down the track a bit (no doubt), you will be sharing your wealth of information with us all. :thumbsup:

:welcome:

:cheers:
Carmel

DCAnon

Many hellos and congrats! :D You couldn't find a more welcoming, helpful, and genuinely caring online community. Now let's celebrate with some cake! :happydance:

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well back at ya all

Thanks for the welcome folks - yep I feel like I belong here.

I'll try to answer all the questions you've thrown at me as best I can so bear with me - I'm not very Net-literate.

Thrak, I've been thinking the same thing all day at work - maybe a thread on the Basics - my choice for a name is" Basics Books Bonza Buggerup" but I'm not sure if that translates too well from Australian into other languages like English.

I've been gathering more data and I'd like to get it ALL in one place as it's looking like a huge cock-up that the Church has been madly covering up. If I get a chance I'll post what I've got tonight: otherwise it'll be tomorrow.

My nickname is from pre-Sciotime when I was labouring for a living and EVERYONE there had a nickname - I figured Scooter was better than some of the others (like Fart and Filthy) so I never questioned its origin - it's just stuck with me ever since.

The mindset on the Basics is just what you see - we're all taught to not taste and chew, just swallow. One of the last events I saw I was shocked to see David Miscavige shoot ED Int a look of pure hatred as they did the "shake hands as we cross the stage" thing. As a Flag-trained auditor, I've been trained to just observe and file for later digestion. Also I've been stuck in the "I'm critical so it must be my overts" thing that I'm slowly shaking off - that's the big control thing as all you guys know and I'm just finding out.

I've been on Narconon lines for most of the last 6 years (and many are the tales to come from that, boys and girls!) so I haven't been too familiar with what the current mindsets are, but the events are getting smaller and smaller and the courserooms looking mighty empty. Most students who I know go to course do basics - ain't gonna fill the HGC that way.

GAT looks like a huge failure and all of the original sups from that evolution that I know have left staff and some left altogether.

One of the events that set me off was getting a phone call from someone in Canberra asking (actually begging) me to go there as their crammo as the ED, Qual Sec, Auditor and I think the Course Sup had all left and disavowed themselves from scio completely. These guys had only been back from Flag a year at most if I remember correctly. I had a flurry of e-mails and phone calls for a week or so until I got it across that it wasn't survival for ME to go.

So all the Canberra and Adelaide PC folders are being C/Sed in Sydney (by fax?) and Melb Fdn have no C/S either. So much for establishment eh?

Hi Jenny, Bill and Carmel - must get together again next time I'm up in Sydney. And yes there's a few others "out there" I think I recognize so hello to you all and I'll get to know you individually I'm sure.

I am gonna write up my whole story for you - Carmel knows most of it already as we've been in touch over all these years but I'll have to fill her in on the most recent bits.

My wife's been "posting" here as Mary Magdelene as she reckons I continually get crucified - I'm hoping the holes in my hands will now have a chance to heal since I've now stopped handing over the hammer and nails.

Feel free to PM me if you wish - for the first tme in a long time I actually want to remember the last 30 years rather than hope it'll all get better soon. Thanks for being my friends already.