What's new

Hello. I am a scientist.

Lone Star

Crusader
Here's a little philosophical morsel that I think fits in well with this thread:

In eternity where there is no time....nothing can grow, nothing can become, and nothing changes.

So Death created time to grow the things that it could kill. You are reborn, but into the same life in which you've always been born.

You're trapped into that nightmare you keep waking up to.....*

For example, how many times have you read this post? Been a member of this forum? :unsure:

*From the True Detective series' character Rust Cohle.

eldritch cuckoo

brainslugged reptilian
Here's a little philosophical morsel that I think fits in well with this thread:

In eternity where there is no time....nothing can grow, nothing can become, and nothing changes.

So Death created time to grow the things that it could kill. You are reborn, but into the same life in which you've always been born.

You're trapped into that nightmare you keep waking up to.....*

For example, how many times have you read this post? Been a member of this forum? :unsure:

*From the True Detective series' character Rust Cohle.

Dammit, I do have a strong sense of déjà vu when reading this... :unsure:

I just resisted posting this for 5 times. The sacred side bar shall not be fucked with, I know. :biggrin:

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
Hello, I'm a scientist. Specifically, a physics professor. I know — so what? So nothing. I’ve never been a Scientologist, never even taken their personality test. It's just that over the past year or so, reading stuff online, I’ve become fascinated by Scientology as a phenomenon. I’ve been lurking here for a few months now, and I notice that the ESMB FAQ says people with no Scientology history are welcome to post.

What I can offer is a sort of reality check. My impression is that a lot of smart people get caught in Scientology when they are young or otherwise vulnerable; and then once they’ve been in a few years, it can be really hard to escape the Scientology worldview. So maybe someone will find it useful to know what it all looks like to an educated adult with an open but scientifically informed mind. I'm not saying the conclusions are any surprise, but it may be handy to know that they're obvious to an outsider.

First, it’s obvious that there are no ‘superpower’ OT abilities, such as ‘stable exteriorization with full perception’. It’s obvious because out-of-body perception, or creating even tiny amounts of physical mass or force by mental ‘mocking up’, would be huge and basic violations of natural law as we now understand it. Now, my point is not that we are sure that what we now understand must be true! My greatest hope is that there are major new discoveries still to be made; if not, I'm wasting my life. My point is that OT superpowers would be a major new discovery.

Anyone who really had OT superpowers would easily be able to demonstrate them rigorously. And then, because this would be so scientifically surprising, they wouldn’t just win the million dollar prize of the James Randi Foundation. They’d win the Nobel prize in physics, get their name up in the lights of world history along with Isaac Newton and Albert Einstein, and immediately gain the stature to draw millions of people onto ‘the Bridge’. Anyone who could do that, surely would do that. Nobody has, so we know that nobody can.

On the other hand, though, at least a few bits of Scientology probably do work, as far as they go. Quasi-hypnotic euphoria from prolonged concentration, subjective sensations of being out of one's body, other stuff like this, these are all known phenomena. There are a lot of funny mental quirks in the human brain that are not yet fully understood, but perfectly real. Scientology may well have managed to include a few of these. That doesn’t mean they are what Scientology says they are. Just because the bait is real cheese doesn’t mean the trap is not a trap.

So it seems likely that a few basic things in Scientology do work, though they will also work at least as well outside Scientology; but the big promises in Scientology certainly do not. What keeps people stuck wasting years of their lives, hoping vainly to advance from their initial cool but modest 'wins' to the nonexistent OT states? This kind of psychology isn't my field, but I think an explanation that fits all the facts I've seen can be found in the folktale of the Emperor's New Clothes.

It's funny how alike you and I think. I was only going to add that Hubbard was a master at what's called "re-branding" in many industries including the Medical Cannabis industry.
He could take anyone's manuscript, move around a few words, invent a few more and by god he'd have people believing he just came up with every answer man has ever asked and many that he hadn't even known to ask.
But, you mentioned the "Emperor's New Clothes" and I have a tale I've never shared on the board before.
Back around 1976 I began having "knowledge reports" written up on me for the things I was saying "supposedly" about the dismal turn for the worse that $cientology seemed to be going through, not knowing this was just the beginning.
So guess what happens next..... L. Ron Hubbard gets a letter regarding Scientology having been taken over by "sinister forces" who have raised the already ridiculous pricing and rendered the bridge unattainable for all these people we've supposed to be clearing. Then after a few good zingers that I don't recall, the letter asks Flubberd himself if it's true the "Emperor Wears No Trousers"?
Well, he never wrote back but then it does appear to be signed by the deushbag that kept writing all these KR's on me.
And guess what? Somebody must have hired an expert to forge my handwriting in poor old Ron's letter making it look like it came from me rather than "General Sodomoza" - the dudes then alias.
Then good Div 6 $cilon pal "Pork Diddly", another alias, gets hauled in by the GO and is ordered to buy 2 intensives to straighten out his case, so he does. He quickly realizes the entire block was nothing but sec checks to find out what I had been saying about Scientology!
Of course I got hauled in too, but the whole letter thing just was a humorous way for me to just "bow out" with a good hearty final "FUCK YOU" to the toxic miscreants that were and are $cientology.
Of course, I never really had a thing to do with that letter writing fiasco but just like to pretend to be the guy who wrote Ron the Scarlett letter..... So then I wonder who really wrote it?

Last edited:

cuitlahuac

Patron with Honors
You should write a book, or a screenplay for a movie on this stuff. It's very fascinating and fantastical. That doesn't mean I believe most of it, hence my use of fantastical. But I find it to be interesting.

Mike M's stuff is wild and interesting too. I really thought you were him at first actually.

Anyway, carry on....

:bong::ship:

Oh, but a lot of books have been written already. They are about Quantum Mechanics paradoxes, interpretations and such stuff, including Zero Point quantum theory and the "Quantum Mechanics Many Worlds Interpretation" as well as String Theory and Time Tunels and space vortexes. The German Dokta here is a fan of that.

Now as regards Bill Robertson stuff, it also is now subject of lots of articles and books, from pshchiatry Doctors in the United Kingdom to Members of Congress in the US to ex government ministers in Candada, not to say the current Prime Ministers in Russia. Well, even ex cabinet members in the Obama Administration.

But if you want to deny this, go ahead... carry on...

cuitlahuac

Patron with Honors
Note that the McClaughreys referred to those they don't like
as "Agents".

Hey Terril, you've got me an idea. I have to stop referencing McClaughry and quote Bill Robertson directly. So far I have been posting Bill Robertson material as viewed through the looking glass of Mike McClaughrey et al evaluations. So, now it would be time to present Bill Robertson stuff to the layman as it is. It would be posible thanks to this German Dokta of physics. Thanks to him I can now reference how today's theories of the vacuum validate Hubbard statements in The Philadelphia Doctorate Course about the vacuum. You know, the Paul Dirack Sea of Electrons in the vacuum. And this makes posible the statement that Free Energy is posible according to modern (2015) atomic theories.

Also, the Bill Robertson material on auditing is being validated by United Kingdom Doctors of Psychiatry. I mean, BTs and such stuff.

So, thanks again Terril. Now the gradient to post Bill Robertson to the layman is les problematic. And I mean, afaceinthecrowd can come and say whatever she wants on nutty Bill, as a direct withness, but the facts indicate this "nutter" gets his statements validated by science and governments alike.

One last thing. I have to thank the German Dokta for guiding me to the present time status of the vacuum "disintegration" and Zero Point theories. I would also advise the German Dokta to also get up to date on that, because this vacuum we live in is not the lowest energy level of the vacuum.

Last edited:

Lone Star

Crusader
Oh, but a lot of books have been written already. They are about Quantum Mechanics paradoxes, interpretations and such stuff, including Zero Point quantum theory and the "Quantum Mechanics Many Worlds Interpretation" as well as String Theory and Time Tunels and space vortexes. The German Dokta here is a fan of that.

Now as regards Bill Robertson stuff, it also is now subject of lots of articles and books, from pshchiatry Doctors in the United Kingdom to Members of Congress in the US to ex government ministers in Candada, not to say the current Prime Ministers in Russia. Well, even ex cabinet members in the Obama Administration.

But if you want to deny this, go ahead... carry on...

As to the bolded above....DOX or STFU

EDIT: I forgot to say "Please".:prettyplease:

Adam7986

Declared SP
Hello, I'm a scientist. Specifically, a physics professor. I know — so what? So nothing. I’ve never been a Scientologist, never even taken their personality test. It's just that over the past year or so, reading stuff online, I’ve become fascinated by Scientology as a phenomenon. I’ve been lurking here for a few months now, and I notice that the ESMB FAQ says people with no Scientology history are welcome to post.

Welcome!

What I can offer is a sort of reality check. My impression is that a lot of smart people get caught in Scientology when they are young or otherwise vulnerable; and then once they’ve been in a few years, it can be really hard to escape the Scientology worldview. So maybe someone will find it useful to know what it all looks like to an educated adult with an open but scientifically informed mind. I'm not saying the conclusions are any surprise, but it may be handy to know that they're obvious to an outsider.

Cognitive dissonance affects smart people as much as it does dumb ones. In fact it's easier to use cognitive dissonance against a smarter person because they are uncomfortable with the idea of being wrong, and because they are more open to learning new things. Those two factors together are perfect for trapping someone in Scientology. I have to say though, Scientology makes people increasingly stupid once they get started in it. There is so much wasted potential wrapped up in their midst.

First, it’s obvious that there are no ‘superpower’ OT abilities, such as ‘stable exteriorization with full perception’. It’s obvious because out-of-body perception, or creating even tiny amounts of physical mass or force by mental ‘mocking up’, would be huge and basic violations of natural law as we now understand it. Now, my point is not that we are sure that what we now understand must be true! My greatest hope is that there are major new discoveries still to be made; if not, I'm wasting my life. My point is that OT superpowers would be a major new discovery.

That may be obvious to you, but to the sucker who wished that he had a parking spot and found one, that simple act is a demonstration of OTness. Most OTs know they are not capable of demonstrating the powers that Hubbard said they would. But they assume that everyone else around them is able because no one says anything to the contrary. Because they are all afraid to say things to the contrary, they never realize that no one ever had these powers. Hubbard told them to keep their powers secret and they do, without realizing it was their lack of power that they are supposed to keep secret.

Anyone who really had OT superpowers would easily be able to demonstrate them rigorously. And then, because this would be so scientifically surprising, they wouldn’t just win the million dollar prize of the James Randi Foundation. They’d win the Nobel prize in physics, get their name up in the lights of world history along with Isaac Newton and Albert Einstein, and immediately gain the stature to draw millions of people onto ‘the Bridge’. Anyone who could do that, surely would do that. Nobody has, so we know that nobody can.

Forget Nobel Prizes and Randi money, forget world history. If they all had the powers that Hubbard said then life as we know it would cease to exist.

On the other hand, though, at least a few bits of Scientology probably do work, as far as they go. Quasi-hypnotic euphoria from prolonged concentration, subjective sensations of being out of one's body, other stuff like this, these are all known phenomena. There are a lot of funny mental quirks in the human brain that are not yet fully understood, but perfectly real. Scientology may well have managed to include a few of these. That doesn’t mean they are what Scientology says they are. Just because the bait is real cheese doesn’t mean the trap is not a trap.

Although your specialty is in physics, I am sure, like most people, you are aware of the placebo effect and how powerful it is. People who think Scientology "works" need to realize it wasn't Scientology that did the working, but their own deeply held beliefs.

So it seems likely that a few basic things in Scientology do work, though they will also work at least as well outside Scientology; but the big promises in Scientology certainly do not. What keeps people stuck wasting years of their lives, hoping vainly to advance from their initial cool but modest 'wins' to the nonexistent OT states? This kind of psychology isn't my field, but I think an explanation that fits all the facts I've seen can be found in the folktale of the Emperor's New Clothes.

You're right. Ego. Narcissism. Superiority complexes. Co-dependency. These are all the things that keep Scientologists being Scientologists. The last core of members who are left after the fringes have all fallen off (which we are not far from now) I am sure will turn out to be demonstrably mentally ill.

I believe your conclusions are pretty spot on. I was part of the religious order for 17 years,
and what kept me going where the promise of OT and the rumors that where spread around
(I guess intentionally) early on,that said lower OT levels gave one power over MEST
(Matter,energy, space and time). and the coming of the Super Power run downs, which have not
yet been released 28 years after I first joined.

cuitlahuac

Patron with Honors
As to the bolded above....DOX or STFU EDIT: I forgot to say "Please".:prettyplease:
Ho, of course. You didn't forget the word please! How charming! I missed the last one to confirm Remote Viewing and telepathy... a british politician (Councilor) in the UK, in his capacity of politician (councilor). I am going to reference him first and post the links to the others. This british politician also confirms Hubbard's stuff, like the Planet being a Prisson Planet. Here is the link: www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4WQty5e7Cc At the mark of 9:20 he states his grandfather was a Freemason. His mother worked for MI-5 British Inteligence. At 11:50 he states he knows Tony Blair. Somewhere arround there he states he is an extraterrestrial soul. At 23:30 he says he is trained in Remote Viewing (not by humans) and that he uses telepathy. In this first part he explains that he attends meetings in another body. (Sounds OT like?) Well, If you happen to see Dokta studying Trinity, don't forget to tell him to check Simon Parkes. Specially at 20:20, where he says that there are experiments ongoing on Earth and they are to see if the Ancestral Extraterrestrials possing as Gods are able to "rub" with humans as equals.

JustSheila

Crusader
^^ Oh. You're back. :eyeroll:
You're such a trusting, believing one. People can say about anything and you take it as fact.

So tell me, did he satisfactorily answer the question of whether or not there is a man on the moon, and if it really is made of green cheese?

cuitlahuac

Patron with Honors
^^ Oh. You're back. :eyeroll: You're such a trusting, believing one. People can say about anything and you take it as fact. So tell me, did he satisfactorily answer the question of whether or not there is a man on the moon, and if it really is made of green cheese?
I agree with you, government people can tell the most incredible lies, but they do it particularly when part of a group or comission. The mob or mass concept... you know... wogs as a pack or sheople as a mob. In the case of single individuals it is different. There you have Ingo Swan an in this case Simon Parkes. Of course you need to verify what they are saing. Do you know that Mike McClaughry has made a good job of providing evidence the government of the UK knows about these OT abilities since the last century? Nor me or anybody here are McClaughry's fans, but shoud be gratefull with him for providing that research. If you happen to see the german Dokta, please ask him if he can show here again, after he has finished researching the concept of Zero Point energy of the vacuum, basic energy level of the vacuum and the false energy levels of the vacuum we are living in. Also thank Afaceinthecrowd. Without her help this thread wouldn't be one of the most important in here.

cuitlahuac

Patron with Honors
Hope SOT Dokta is soon to finish reviewing the false vacuum data and math. He might have decided to writhe a book. Nevermind. If he finds himself a spare time, hope he pays a visit on his thread.