What's new

How do we do this?

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
Just a couple of weeks ago I was reading a post here on ESMB and was directed to a video where I was pleasantly surprised to see a grown up kid who has recently been speaking out. I knew his parents from my time served in the cult back in 1983. He was 3 at the time. I now know that his parents are still connected which isn't good news but at least it's an update on their status. It is good news that their son has escaped and is speaking out against the cults abuses. Maybe if we're lucky he'll get his other family members out of the cult. So, no, this is not a waste of time. You never know what surprises could be in store from reading things here on ESMB.

Friend

Patron
My limited way to find friends.

I am looking for exes to hook up with. I know there are several people who are out there. I don't feel open on a message board to name them and to find them that way. I have probed a few who might know and that I feel convinced they are out. I want to protect the names I am looking for. I don't want to hurt anybody's feelings.
I am known to be from DC org; and around what years. I have been long out and I wonder at times what am I hiding? I just want to be me and free in my thinking and to have my own opinions and; I want to improve my opinions. What little is known; I hope that way I can find some exes who can probe me.:yes::yes::yes:
I have also read a lot from the messageboard and I feel I have deepened my knowledge of the unethical behaviour of the Church of Scientolgoy. :thumbsup: It is what it is. I can't do anything about Scientolgoy hanging themselves.
I am new here. :yes: I can only help to a certain group from my era. with reconnection. I am sure other exes are more advance than I to help with reconnection, but I am here.
Friend

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
I am looking for exes to hook up with. I know there are several people who are out there. I don't feel open on a message board to name them and to find them that way. I have probed a few who might know and that I feel convinced they are out. I want to protect the names I am looking for. I don't want to hurt anybody's feelings.
I am known to be from DC org; and around what years. I have been long out and I wonder at times what am I hiding? I just want to be me and free in my thinking and to have my own opinions and; I want to improve my opinions. What little is known; I hope that way I can find some exes who can probe me.:yes::yes::yes:
I have also read a lot from the messageboard and I feel I have deepened my knowledge of the unethical behaviour of the Church of Scientolgoy. :thumbsup: It is what it is. I can't do anything about Scientolgoy hanging themselves.
I am new here. :yes: I can only help to a certain group from my era. with reconnection. I am sure other exes are more advance than I to help with reconnection, but I am here.
Friend

I'd suggest just naming the names of the people who you want to contact. If they're here, or somebody here knows them, they can PM you and you can feel each other out behind the scenes. That's usually how it works.

Welcome aboard.

Zinj

Friend

A. I believe there is an old DC Org thread around the board somewhere.

B. Try pm'ing Lynn Campbell. I believe she originates from thataway.

Mark A. Baker

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Wow, this thread dates back to early 2007 when ESMB was finding its feet.

I guess people have found ways to reconnect :)

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Yes, Emma! I found a dear old friend after reading a post that rang a little familiar and after exchanging communication via ESMB in order talk times and places, it was obvious that we knew each other. There after, we decided to continue communication via phone.

Thank you!

I'd suggest just naming the names of the people who you want to contact. If they're here, or somebody here knows them, they can PM you and you can feel each other out behind the scenes. That's usually how it works.

Welcome aboard.

Zinj

Zinji! Always wanting to cop a feel! :dieslaughing:

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout

Oh Geez, I didn't bother to look at the date of the OP. I thought this thread just started.

There's also another ex scio friend/roommate at one time I found on here last year who I haven't heard from since 1980something. Since we reconnected we've been maintaining regular contact!

Petey C

Silver Meritorious Patron
Sorry, "dobbing" is telling on someone. DullOldFart has it right. And "rellies" is Aussie for "relations".

Like others, I didn't check the date of this thread either! What about a survey?

I got onto this and other sites just to find exes/friends and have found a few. Also found one had died, but at least now I'm in touch with their family and it's been really positive and helpful for the family as well as for me. So I agree, this is an invaluable way to find out what's happening and who's where.

TalleyWhacker

Patron with Honors
I know...we could all join up on eharmony.com and take THEIR personality test and go in for round two but this time it would be different; we'd have someone's shoulder to cry on after that operation throw us under the bus.

Any takers???