Veda

Sponsor
Scientology gave me my life:

john_travolta_candy.jpg

Scientology gave me youth:

GATIIVid.jpg

Scientology gave me my sanity:

fat-kirstie-alley.jpeg

One such occurrence can trap a person in Scientology for a lifetime.

Big "key outs" also have been known to hook a person.

The flip side of people becoming "type 3" is the people who make claims such as the above.

Are they hopeless?

Last edited:

Gib

Crusader
Scientology gave me my life:

john_travolta_candy.jpg

Scientology gave me youth:

GATIIVid.jpg

Scientology gave me my sanity:

fat-kirstie-alley.jpeg

One such occurrence can trap a person in Scientology for a lifetime.

Big "key outs" also have been known to hook a person.

The flip side of people becoming "type 3" is the people who makes claims such as the above.

Are they hopeless?

no, I do not think they are hopeless. I think they finally need to realize or somehow compare.

I think Jon AtacK summaries it pretty well here:

http://tonyortega.org/2015/01/03/jo...-up-the-dream-of-being-superhuman/#more-18955

"Let’s insert one of those Hubbard ideas that is actually true, at this point: “In what can a person become entrapped? Basically and foremost, he can become entrapped in ideas … Fixation occurs only in the presence of one way communication.” (Dianetics 55!, in Trapped). And Scientology is nothing more nor less than a trap made of ideas. A one way communication from Hubbard to the entrapped and fixated believer."

And this is why I love the Allegory of the cave (thanks to TAJ for pointing it out, I believe Alanzo as well):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTWwY8Ok5I0

Interesting that Dianetics 55 was written in 1955, and yet KSW, which causes fixation, was written in 1965.

Leland

Crusader
I was at the grocery store check out line the other day....and there was a new picture of JT.....on the cover of the Enquirer.....GEEZE....did he look terrible!!!

Fat head.....fat jowles.....fat neck....fat face.....bald....He looked totally f*cked up.

I was gonna buy a copy and post the pic here....but didn't.

mockingbird

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hey , Jon Atack writes about this in his newest Bunker piece and it was my experience to get the high of auto hypnosis on course and be addicted for the next 25 years . I was very sure Scientology saved my life ! I after learning the actual symptoms of hypnosis realized I had been hypnotized and taken by a fraud . It was a long hard road and took me forcing myself to set aside my ego which was bonded to my pseudo identity in the cult and look at my whole life , even Scientology and Hubbard without bias . Ego crushed , mind annihilated , ability to think critically and independently restarted .

Here are some relevant quotes and the link :

Hubbard told us what we longed to hear, and we listened, mesmerised. As I have often enough said, Scientology is a set of hypnotic procedures that bring about euphoria and addiction.

It is a dream, and because it is a dream, all you have to do is wake up. This does not mean that the trauma and humiliation caused by membership will dissipate overnight, but it does mean that the belief system that holds the trauma in place can be fairly rapidly undone. The trance can be ended. And recovery will happen naturally and progressively from that point onward.

The courage part is understanding that you’ve been living in a delusion, and that once it dissipates and reality (the true reality, not the agreement with Hubbard) sets in, you will actually be able to have fun again.

In my experience, there is a single point where Scientology grabs a person and a single point where it releases them. The first point is a peak experience, usually of a hypnotic nature, early on, that will never be repeated. Pretty much like a drug high. People keep taking drugs in the hope that they will achieve that brief wonder of the first rush.

any decent hypnotist can induce a joy-filled false memory.

The moment of release is not necessarily a moment of euphoria, but it is a moment of wonder. The recovering Scientologist realizes that some principle long held is bogus. My favourite example, in all these years, is the friend who piped up that she had used scented laundry conditioner for the first time in her life. We hadn’t spoken about the Sea Org Hygiene Hat, so she wasn’t following my lead (which is the nature of Scientology “cognitions” — never evaluate for the preclear, indeed!). After a life time of warning people that all perfumes are the snare of the devil (sorry, “psychiatry”), she realized that this Hubbard paranoid phobia, is, well, a paranoid phobia. Her belief in the Great OT was gone.
There is no need to systematically unearth the notions that hold the Scientology trance in place. They will present themselves from then on, and truth will indeed, as Hubbard said, blow the lies away. And, you will likely be a tad embarrassed, if you have managed to retain the slightest humour or humility after your processing.
Jon Atack end quote.

http://tonyortega.org/2015/01/03/jo...-up-the-dream-of-being-superhuman/#more-18955

I hope this helps and incidentally many have wondered how I have rejected Scientology so quickly and learned all the stuff I have and I see Jon's articles on hypnosis and Lermanet.com's as helping me see to totally abandon Hubbard , his language and practices right off the bat . They all preserve the trance , and that is why I reject them whole cloth , no exceptions no apologies .

So , we may not save the world but we can at least wake up from Hubbard's deranged nightmare of slavery and hopefully help each other find help and the comfort of others with a shared experience .

JustSheila

Crusader
Hey , Jon Atack writes about this in his newest Bunker piece and it was my experience to get the high of auto hypnosis on course and be addicted for the next 25 years . I was very sure Scientology saved my life ! I after learning the actual symptoms of hypnosis realized I had been hypnotized and taken by a fraud . It was a long hard road and took me forcing myself to set aside my ego which was bonded to my pseudo identity in the cult and look at my whole life , even Scientology and Hubbard without bias . Ego crushed , mind annihilated , ability to think critically and independently restarted .

Here are some relevant quotes and the link :

Hubbard told us what we longed to hear, and we listened, mesmerised. As I have often enough said, Scientology is a set of hypnotic procedures that bring about euphoria and addiction.

It is a dream, and because it is a dream, all you have to do is wake up. This does not mean that the trauma and humiliation caused by membership will dissipate overnight, but it does mean that the belief system that holds the trauma in place can be fairly rapidly undone. The trance can be ended. And recovery will happen naturally and progressively from that point onward.

Normally I like just about everything Jon Atack writes. Though helpful in some ways, this piece made irresponsible general statements about mental health that are just plain wrong.

What works for some does not work so easily for others. It's not ONLY about the trance. Sometimes Scientology actually does permanently break minds, or break them in such a subtle, odd way that it is difficult to find the cure. Sometimes Scientology causes actual physical damage to a person's natural responses, his or her neurons may have been damaged or inhibited or serotonin is no longer produced in sufficient amounts. Many Scientologists' lives and their friends' lives were lost through suicide, murder. Some Scientologists ended up institutionalized for life. Others ended up on various medications to resolve everything from issues of depression to chronic fatigue syndrome.

I don't like how he brushed all that away.

You can do better than this, Jon.

a reg will be by later this afternoon to collect the sanity you owe the org

have your checkbook ready as interest charges, carrying charges an other fees will be assessed

Gib

Crusader
Normally I like just about everything Jon Atack writes. Though helpful in some ways, this piece made irresponsible general statements about mental health that are just plain wrong.

What works for some does not work so easily for others. It's not ONLY about the trance. Sometimes Scientology actually does permanently break minds, or break them in such a subtle, odd way that it is difficult to find the cure. Sometimes Scientology causes actual physical damage to a person's natural responses, his or her neurons may have been damaged or inhibited or serotonin is no longer produced in sufficient amounts. Many Scientologists' lives and their friends' lives were lost through suicide, murder. Some Scientologists ended up institutionalized for life. Others ended up on various medications to resolve everything from issues of depression to chronic fatigue syndrome.

I don't like how he brushed all that away.

You can do better than this, Jon.

How he, Hubbard, brushed all that away?

Elementary my dear Watson. LOL

Hubbard said scientology was to make the able more able (thus no charitable cases or people with real issues ie PTS/SP),
(once we get enough people on board, we'll help the unable, LOL) (hey, lets call it a religion, LOL)

just sell them Ron's brand to the able (monopoly, no squirels). One can make more money by selling to people with money, or potential to make money (celebrities, business owners, etc).

What about those that aren't quite able, but want to be? Well, sell them on the idea that, that they can become more able, that they are the elite. Join staff and learn the secrets of the universe and get auditing & training.

One viewpont on making money is to sell to the masses, ie Henry Ford.
Another viewpoint is to sell to the rich, Sharper Image.
One involves lots of volume, one involves low volume.

And there are shades inbetween.

(create a shore story to the able, that they will be helping the masses because they are clear & ot, LOL)

All it is, is the art of persuasion on different levels.

mockingbird

Silver Meritorious Patron
JustSheila , you bring up a good point .

I , in many posts am writing about the worst case scenario and Jon here writes about the other end of the spectrum . Some people recover more completely and quickly than others . The degree of indoctrination , prior mental health , how much trauma and abuse occurred in and before the cult , and other mental and even medical factors all can contribute to how quickly and fully a person recovers.

Jon has interacted with hundreds of exes seeking recovery and I have mainly written about the most extreme and heavily indoctrinated cultists who need to have hundreds of lies broken down to feel free . That may hopefully be a rare situation .

And another factor is that , like it or not , some of us who were controlled by Hubbard'S " technology " are very influenced by suggestion and so if we believe recovery must be painful and long it will be . So , I believe Jon is trying to be helpful and not have his or my statements on difficult or long recoveries make people prolong the experience if not merited .

I now state that I am not a doctor or therapist and that I know no reason to not use conventional medicine .So , I hope whatever he or I say is taken with a grain of salt ; we are not anything more than what we are , exes who study influence and persuasion and try to help with - from a medical view - entirely amateur advice . Do not get me wrong he certainly knows far , far more on hypnotism and Hubbard's use of it then 99% of exes and doctors ( imo ) but that is not the entire subject of mental health .:thumbsup:

I hope he and I give helpful advice , but we both seek to inspire examination and consideration of what we present far more than compliance to authority . We want polite , respectful consideration not authority requiring blind obedience - we already tried that with some other guy...
Jon and I both want critical thinking back on the curriculum . But a lot of the folks here at ESMB demonstrate they are already miles ahead of most people, ex or not , in that direction .

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
:)

I like this one!

264011_437203883016196_343108763_n.jpg

:biggrin:

Funny, but each day of my life I question my sanity and it doesn't respond :duh:
:unsure: