What's new

I think it's a sign!

AnonOrange

Gold Meritorious Patron
Smurf and I stayed a bit longer after the protest and we were the first to watch the lighting up of the GROTESQUE scientology sign atop of Big Blue.

Smurf had heard that the sign lighting ceremony would be Wednesday at Midnight after a speech by Tommy Davis! (Smurf, I think your sources are trolling you).

Anyway, since there appeared to be elaborate preparations, a band, film crews, we thought it would be best to check it out.

We stood across the street, politely watching with no protest signs just watching, but we got rather rudely pushed off to the next street, which made it quite difficult to film much. At one point an LAPD officer (Turner) was definitely abusing his authority. About an hour prior, he essentially did the same.

There were hundreds of people in the street, including residents. I have changed my shirt, wore no mask, no protest sign, yet the officer singled Smurf and I and kicked us off. The officers were followed by approximately 10 filming OSA/Scilons watching in glee.

The only redeeming factor is THEY missed the ceremony in order to babysit us.

I was AMAZED at how many scientologists/public they managed to round up for that event. Probably 400-500, but I'm sure they'll say 4,000-5,000.

I've never seen that many scientologists together at the same time.

More pictures & video soon.

IMG_6350800x600.jpg

IMG_6359800x600.jpg

The whole album of my photos is here. Several out of focus due to the dark lighting.
http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj80/RonRules/2009_July3_SignCeremony/

Last edited:

Wisened One

Crusader
We were there a few nights ago...

And lol on they'll say 4 thousand came vs 400...but really imo, the 4-500 seems like nothin'....(course I'm thinkin' of those big Flag events)

AnonOrange

Gold Meritorious Patron
What's grotesque about it? It's simply in Hollywood Hills font, except straightened up at the top and bottom.

View attachment 1293 (click on it for larger version)

Paul

The Hollywood sign has been there for around 100 years (+/-30, look it up) and it's purpose was to announce the new real estate development in the area. There was NOTHING there and people needed to see the sign. Also at the time, there were no such things as city ordinances intended to prevent gaudiness, reckless advertsing, and lights bright enough to keep bats from sleeping.

IMG_6230800x600.jpg

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
The Hollywood sign has been there for around 100 years (+/-30, look it up) and it's purpose was to announce the new real estate development in the area. There was NOTHING there and people needed to see the sign. Also at the time, there were no such things as city ordinances intended to prevent gaudiness, reckless advertsing, and lights bright enough to keep bats from sleeping.

Fair enough. Are you intending to be the bats' representative?

Paul

AnonOrange

Gold Meritorious Patron
A few more pictures from the event:

IMG_6237800x600.jpg

What's the meaning of red shirts? (We have white, blue, yellow and now red)
IMG_6240800x600.jpg

I think THIS time, the cops have the hots for Smurf!
IMG_6248800x600.jpg

I tried all I could to warn this young couple about what's going to happen to them when DM decides to apply disconnection, in order to control them. They looked totally in love.
IMG_6252800x600.jpg

IMG_6253800x600.jpg

IMG_6254800x600.jpg

Same here with this young couple:
IMG_6279800x600.jpg

Happy times:
IMG_6278800x600.jpg

IMG_6265800x600.jpg

IMG_6268800x600.jpg

OSA guy, Matt I think:
IMG_6291800x600.jpg

Seemed to be interested in me, particularly:
IMG_6329800x600.jpg

Cosy with officer Turner:
IMG_6346800x600.jpg

The setup before they kicked us out:
IMG_6336800x600.jpg

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
What's the meaning of red shirts? (We have white, blue, yellow and now red)

So they don't show the blood?

Thanks for the pix.

I guess the red shirts are just a Bridge (Bridge Publications) uniform shirt. Last I remember from the 90s they wore green shirts and khaki pants.

Paul

AnonOrange

Gold Meritorious Patron
In response to Auntie OSA on WWP:

"AO, what's with the shirt? "I RUN THIS"? It should read "WE RUN THIS"! urdoinitrong "

It's precisely to aggravate my SoCal anon "friends".

Except people like Snake didn't get the joke.

AnonOrange

Gold Meritorious Patron
Video when Smurf and I got kicked out of the sign ceremony:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJesY-wVSDA

Note that other non-scientologist public were watching, with no problem. There was probably 100 people on the sidewalk (opposite side of the street where the event was, where we were). Only Smurf and I got kicked out. The LAPD were working on direct orders of the 10 scilons/OSA behind them.

If we were not disturbing the peace in the least bit, singling us out could be considered, legally, a form of discrimination. Sci's vs SP's.

Last edited:

AnonOrange

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think it's a sign that the new sign is showing desperation at the top level of the CoS.

People about to go bankrupt often go on spending sprees in a effort to make thinks look normal.

The string of new ideal orgs, the purchase of real estate, on declining stats indicates insecurity.

Speaking of insecurity the number of new security cameras everywhere around Big Blue is impressive. The eye-in-the sky cameras are all manned and rotate to follow you. Pope and I were playing with it and it seems like the camera has a definite preference for Pope.

Hey camera guy, are you gay?

BTW, Oliver Shaper just sent me a text to inform me that I forgot to speak to him last night at the raid.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
I think it's a sign that the new sign is showing desperation at the top level of the CoS.

People about to go bankrupt often go on spending sprees in a effort to make [/B]thinks look normal.

The string of new ideal orgs, the purchase of real estate, on declining stats indicates insecurity.

I agree.

It looks tacky too.

How many 'churches' especially at the moment with the economy as it is, would think it was a good move to spend that amount of their 'parishioners donations' on a gaudy tacky sign that must cost an awful lot of $$$ to keep lit each night?

Oh yeah ... forgot for a moment ... Its not a 'church' really, it's a BUSINESS and it's a desperate outflow action.

While most people and businesses are trying to reduce their carbon footprint this business is arrogant enough to do the exact opposite.

It is typical and is yet another foot bullet.

:p

Thanks for the pics and data AO.

PS I am laughing here at the word's 'parishioner' and 'donation' ... it is actually the LISTED PRICE of the product they are (trying) to sell to any CUSTOMERS.

It is not a DONATION.

:faceslap:

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Smurf and I stayed a bit longer after the protest and we were the first to watch the lighting up of the GROTESQUE scientology sign atop of Big Blue.

Smurf had heard that the sign lighting ceremony would be Wednesday at Midnight after a speech by Tommy Davis! (Smurf, I think your sources are trolling you).

Actually, there is a sign in front of the walkway that says the official lighting ceremony is scheduled for Wednesday, July 8th at midnite. (It's in my videos) I drove by BB today and the sign is still there.

I'm guess that the LA City Council had issues with the ceremony taking place at 12:00AM on a weekday in a residential neighborhood since they originally denied a permit to COS to close down LRH Way & the sidewalks, and somehow their official denial for a permit got reversed.

See post #4: http://forums.whyweprotest.net/121-...den-voyage-event-07-03-09-a-48703/#post923576

alexm

Patron with Honors
Red shirts are Bridge Pub staff, probably from their new office in Commerce.

ASHO, AOLA and CLO WUS also have different colored shirts. ASHO has blue, I think AOLA is also blue and CLO WUS white but someone can correct me as I think I am wrong.

AnonOrange

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hey Smurf, is that the security guard you had the hots for on Friday night at the maiden voyage show?

I believe it's the same guy that prevented epic old lady from using the sidewalk in her own neighborhood last year.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP6CHGdnLEQ

You sure know how to pick your girlfriends !