What's new

I want my $$$$ back

Hoodwinked

Patron with Honors
I was a Scientologist for 25+ years and an OT VII. Last October stumbled across Jeff Hawkins story while searching for info on the Basics. I read a little of it and immediately panicked thinking about all the sec check questions and conditions I would be assigned for being such a heretic and I left the site.:nervous: But, I was hooked from the minuted I started reading and a few days later I returned to read the rest of his story. From there, I found my way here and I just couldnt stop reading all the fascinating stories. For so long I thought I was the only one.:duh: I was failing as a Solo Nots auditor and I thought I was the only one. I even told my FSM that I thought I was the only person who the tech didnt work on. LOL Little did I realize. So glad I found this site. I have blown more charge from reading all your stories and comments than I EVER did on Solo Nots. I am now suffering from a big dose of shame blame and regret for having slavishly devoted so many years to an illusion. Thank you to everyone who was courageous enough to post your enlightening stories here.

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
Wow hoodwinked!!! Great first post!!

So glad that you found us!!

:welcome:

It sounds like you've got quite a story of your own! We'd love to hear it (it blows charge for us too) :wink2:

:drama:

-TL

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
This IS the EP!...you didn't know???

I was a Scientologist for 25+ years and an OT VII.

...snip...

I have blown more charge from reading all your stories and comments than I EVER did on Solo Nots. I am now suffering from a big dose of shame blame and regret for having slavishly devoted so many years to an illusion. Thank you to everyone who was courageous enough to post your enlightening stories here.

You have no idea how much fun you are gonna have here, Hood...at least not yet! :p :happydance: :thumbsup: Welcome.:yes:

EP

HappyGirl

Gold Meritorious Patron
:welcome: Hoodwinked!!! From a fellow OT7 sufferer of maaany years! I got all choked up reading your first post! So glad you found your way here. :happydance: It only gets better. Love your name.

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
I was a Scientologist for 25+ years and an OT VII. Last October stumbled across Jeff Hawkins story while searching for info on the Basics. I read a little of it and immediately panicked thinking about all the sec check questions and conditions I would be assigned for being such a heretic and I left the site.:nervous: But, I was hooked from the minuted I started reading and a few days later I returned to read the rest of his story. From there, I found my way here and I just couldnt stop reading all the fascinating stories. For so long I thought I was the only one.:duh: I was failing as a Solo Nots auditor and I thought I was the only one. I even told my FSM that I thought I was the only person who the tech didnt work on. LOL Little did I realize. So glad I found this site. I have blown more charge from reading all your stories and comments than I EVER did on Solo Nots. I am now suffering from a big dose of shame blame and regret for having slavishly devoted so many years to an illusion. Thank you to everyone who was courageous enough to post your enlightening stories here.

Welcome out of the Truman Show. Many here feel exactly as you if not worse. Jason Beghe was the guy who's story blew me away and I was the same way trying to think of how I was going to justify such a horrendous act of listening to somebody with something negative to say about scn.

Hopefully you've read Mrs. Pattycake's story and Feral's. Both of them were on VII so maybe you even know them. The Barne's videos are great if you haven't seen those. They were on VII and I think that was probably the one which made me decide to never put myself in scilon hands again.

Those people give me the fucking creeps and can't believe I let them into my mind.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=9221

DCAnon

Silver Meritorious Patron
Welcome Hoodwinked! :D You're never alone, you've got thousands of people who've been through the same thing all ready to listen and support!

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Welcome.
One thing you can be assured of; you'll find more OT VIIs who are willing to freely discuss their Bridge experience here on ESMB than you'll ever find in the CofS. :)

Been Done Had

Patron with Honors
Hi! And welcome! :happydance:

You were a dedicated steely eyed Scientologist who made it go right and made it to the top of the bridge. That says a lot of good things about you, your determination, stamina and ability. You toughed it out in a very tough organization.:yes:

As far as feeling duped, the only way that happened was you agreed NOT TO LOOK. It's a tiny little agreement. But that's how it works. You honored the code of the group and that's okay. Now you want to move on. And that is okay too.

Now you're looking and the floodgates are opened. Try to take it slowly. There is a VAST amount of data out there.

Now you are truly free, enjoy it. Looking forward to your hearing voice on this board.

BDH

PS: If you want a refund, get an attorney. That is hands down the best way. Let your mouthpiece deal with them and put in writing your desire to no communication from the church. That will expedite the cycle. Otherwise you end up on a BS routing form and stalled and nickeled and dimed.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa

Thank Dr. Winters, Robert Kaufman, William Burroughs, Otto Roos, David Mayo, Paulette Cooper, Gerry Armstrong, Robert Vaughn Young, Stacy Young, Bob Minton, Jesse Prince, and many others who came before us.

They paid a heavy, personal price when L Ron Hubbard's Fair Game Policy was in full force and no one knew enough to help protect them.

We're just talking.

And talking quite freely I might add, because of them.

Welcome, Hoodwinked!

byte301

Crusader
Welcome Hoodwinked! You found the most fun and dysfunctional group on the planet!:D

You'll go blind reading all the stories! And we'll get impatient waiting for yours.:yes:

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
Have you read my former Mission ED when I was on staff in Riverside, Bent Corydon's book? It's what finally freed me. I think it's available free on line.

I have gathered from a few sources that the book has been edited. Anyone know anything about this? Seems like I read somewhere that L. Ron Hubbard Jr. was removed as a co-author. Doe's that mean his material in the book has been removed?

I have a copy of the first edition, so could compare it to any subsequent copies, I guess.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Have you read my former Mission ED when I was on staff in Riverside, Bent Corydon's book? It's what finally freed me. I think it's available free on line.

I have gathered from a few sources that the book has been edited. Anyone know anything about this? Seems like I read somewhere that L. Ron Hubbard Jr. was removed as a co-author. Doe's that mean his material in the book has been removed?

I have a copy of the first edition, so could compare it to any subsequent copies, I guess.

You're right!

I should add Bent Corydon, John Attack and of course, Russel Miller to my list.

All these names, Hoodwinked, are googleable.

Go for it!

Just put "scientology" after their names.

ILived1984!

Patron with Honors
Welcome Hoodwinked! I have found this site to be very theraputic. I'm happy you are here and enjoy yourself!

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
Doh! I didn't even mention the name of the book I was recommending:banghead:

'L Ron Hubbard; Messiah or Madman?' By Bent Corydon and L Ron Hubbard Jr.

Human Again

Silver Meritorious Patron
Welcome to the other side, Hoodwinked. Now that you are off the treadmill, I hope your life becomes joyous and you have many new friends come into it.

We are all here to help you if things get rough or you start to beat yourself up for spending so much time and effort on the big con. I found a lot of yukky emotion released for me by reading other people's stories and joining in some discussions etc.

Regarding getting your money back, yes, My Dad did OT levels, L's etc and got all his money back pretty swiftly so I am sure you can too. A nice fat lawyer and a willingness to be vocal will help. From a purely business standpoint, they have failed to deliver the promised results and any self-respecting business would return the fees if it couldn't get the promised reults, right? Apparently if your lawyer is good enough you can also get back any monies handed over to the IAS.

They have no hold on you, ex-communication is nothing but words and there is no "eternity of bridge" they can withhold from you so go for it.

Let us know of your successes, they will be like creme on the cake of your escape. Yummy, and second to the joy that we feel, knowing you have stepped out.

Hugs,