What's new

Independent Scientology Treason Condition Assignment and Non-Enturbulation Order

Ralph Hilton

Patron Meritorious
So where's your meter reads video, Ralphie? .
Hi Paulie,
There are several different types of meters in use in the FZ at the moment.
1. The old CofS meters which many use and are selling cheaply on ebay. Jonathan Burke has used one of those for his meter film. The meters have a large overswing (around 50%) and take 2.7 to 3.3 seconds for the needle to come to rest after a read.
2. The C-meter and Theta meter. These can more precisely show the reads as there is no inertia in the needle display.
3. My mechanical meters which I prefer. The mechanical display seems better for seeing reads with peripheral vision. The Ability meters are similar in response. The overswing on mine is around 7%.
4. A new design I am currently using myself with a larger 10cm needle compared to the current 7cm used in most meters. The needle driving circuitry is modified so that reads appear instantly even with the heavier needle.

Any video I might release using my preferred meters would not always match what people would see on their meters especially if they are using CofS meters.

Ralph Hilton

Patron Meritorious
It seems to me that over the years that I've been on ESMB I've seen more than a few Freezoners, Independents, et al. that said the Scientologists outside of the Church would never do Ethics declares and stuff like that.

I remember telling one or two of then that eventually they would because that is the nature of the Scientology/Nietzschean beast to dominate others.

I better not say anymore or I might get declared by some of them.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Some FZ/Independents do declares sometimes. I have met people who have been declared SP and type 3 by the CofS and few met the LRH definitions of those terms. I would agree that there is something in the Scientology beast that involves domination of others. I do however consider it possible to develop Scientology in a way that eliminates that ogre.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Hi Paulie,
There are several different types of meters in use in the FZ at the moment.
1. The old CofS meters which many use and are selling cheaply on ebay. Jonathan Burke has used one of those for his meter film. The meters have a large overswing (around 50%) and take 2.7 to 3.3 seconds for the needle to come to rest after a read.
2. The C-meter and Theta meter. These can more precisely show the reads as there is no inertia in the needle display.
3. My mechanical meters which I prefer. The mechanical display seems better for seeing reads with peripheral vision. The Ability meters are similar in response. The overswing on mine is around 7%.
4. A new design I am currently using myself with a larger 10cm needle compared to the current 7cm used in most meters. The needle driving circuitry is modified so that reads appear instantly even with the heavier needle.

Any video I might release using my preferred meters would not always match what people would see on their meters especially if they are using CofS meters.

Aha! That's very pertinent and useful information. Thank you.

It would be lovely to have a video showing these differences to make it more real. I know it's false, but I have this idea in the back of my mind that a particular mental "thing" will display in a particular unique way independent of which brand/model of meter is displaying it. Wouldn't such a video tend to show users of crappy meters that they would be better served by getting a different one? (I assume you still sell C-meters :).)

Paul

RogerB

Crusader
If yous can stand the chaos of a recent (everyone trying to talk at once) FZ conference . . . Hank Levin demoed his Virtual Meter. Apart from the intro, the meter is up on screen at about the 2 minute mark showing very lovely needle movement.

He has his meter set on "auto-reset" . . . hence you'll see the needle kick back to "set" any time it goes off the dial . . . personally, I won't run a session using it as it amounts to putting false reads on the meter.

Here's a vid on Youtube:
[video=youtube;JvtbnL1b_iU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvtbnL1b_iU[/video]

/