What's new

James Barbour convicted of child molestation headlines Scientology religious event

Re: James Barbour convicted of child molestation headlines Scientology religious even

I haven't been around scn'ers in years. I had forgotten about the go easy attitude towards child molesters & abusers that pervades people who still practice the subject. :sorry:

It's ok. just don't talk about violence to dead people. That makes us nervous.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Re: James Barbour convicted of child molestation headlines Scientology religious even

As we were not there & don't know the full scope of what happened, it would be silly to call the father weak. There is alot about the Barbour case that the public doesn't know. Was there a civil settlement between the parents & Barbour? He was a big Broadway celebrity at the time. A civil lawsuit would have made all the NY newspapers. Alot was done behind closed doors.

I suspect Barbour paid handsomely for his crime & a gag agreement was in place. The victim has never talked to the media about what occurred. Sadly, these kind of statutory crimes, involving wide-eyed aspiring actresses (and actors) occurs all the time. Because of the bad exposure they bring, celebs are quick to brush them under the rug with quiet cash settlements.

This speaks volumes: "The now-20-year-old woman, who is working in the theater, came forward only recently – just within the five-year statute of limitations."

http://missingexploited.com/2006/12...criminal-sex-acts-sexual-abuse-against-a-teen

Did James Barbour commit a crime? Yes. Did he blame the victim? Yes. But, it sounds like, given the leniency in sentencing & the fact that Barbour didn't have to register as a sex offender, that the victim's parents & Barbour share some accountability for the sequence of events that led up to the charges.

Why did the parents wait almost 5 years to call the police?

Perhaps the parents didn't know at the time, perhaps they've seen the many cases against Catholic Priests and British Celebrities and thought that they may be heard now and not pushed under the carpet. Certainly child rape and molestation, abuse and neglect victims tend to fear speaking out. They tend to have very low self esteem and strength for obvious reasons.

Out4long

Patron

Perhaps the parents didn't know at the time,

I didn't think that he knew about it at the time. What the heck does that have to do with it? (it's not like with a dog where you have to smack them at the moment or they won't understand) The perp was still on the loose when they did find out. PLENTY of time to have had half the bones in his body broken before he went to jail. :ohmy:

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP

Perhaps the parents didn't know at the time, perhaps they've seen the many cases against Catholic Priests and British Celebrities and thought that they may be heard now and not pushed under the carpet. Certainly child rape and molestation, abuse and neglect victims tend to fear speaking out. They tend to have very low self esteem and strength for obvious reasons.

Very true. It doesn't make Barbour any less culpable. The man is a real slimebag. Scientology deserves him.

"The lawyer for James Barbour, the actor in question, wanted to set up an 800 hotline and ask others if the accuser, who is now 20 but was 15 at the time of the alleged abuse, had accused them of the same crimes. And he would be publicizing her name in the process!"

http://gothamist.com/2006/12/21/1800_gross_idea.php

La La Lou Lou

Crusader

Very true. It doesn't make Barbour any less culpable. The man is a real slimebag. Scientology deserves him.

"The lawyer for James Barbour, the actor in question, wanted to set up an 800 hotline and ask others if the accuser, who is now 20 but was 15 at the time of the alleged abuse, had accused them of the same crimes. And he would be publicizing her name in the process!"

http://gothamist.com/2006/12/21/1800_gross_idea.php

I think if I was ever going to be violent it would be towards Lawyers who earn their money protecting despicable slime balls. At least the slime balls are mentally screwed twisted sick bullies, the Lawyers are just creepy greedy bar stewards and have no excuses or natural sense of ethics.

I didn't think that he knew about it at the time. What the heck does that have to do with it? (it's not like with a dog where you have to smack them at the moment or they won't understand) The perp was still on the loose when they did find out. PLENTY of time to have had half the bones in his body broken before he went to jail. :ohmy:

Breaking bones... :nervous: I don't like the way this is going. Let's close the thread.

Out4long

Patron

I think if I was ever going to be violent it would be towards Lawyers who earn their money protecting despicable slime balls. At least the slime balls are mentally screwed twisted sick bullies, the Lawyers are just creepy greedy bar stewards and have no excuses or natural sense of ethics.

Um sure. Get the lawyers and leave the slime balls. You know that they get back out of prison don't you? The ONLY deterrent against child molesters (study the recidivism rates) is extreme violence against them. Throughout history that has been the case. It isn't "PC" but it is true.

Anyway. I was just pointing up what the father SHOULD have done if he was a man.

Um sure. Get the lawyers and leave the slime balls. You know that they get back out of prison don't you? The ONLY deterrent against child molesters (study the recidivism rates) is extreme violence against them. Throughout history that has been the case. It isn't "PC" but it is true.

Anyway. I was just pointing up what the father SHOULD have done if he was a man.

Should have done...is that still hypothetical. Are you still talking about violence?

No! I'm talking about a massage therapy, using specially crafted ash or oak sticks, that is proven to dissuade evil behavior. :biggrin:

What kind of massage would you suggest for LRH?

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Convicted child molester James Barbour concert scheduled at Scientology CHURCH

Convicted child molester James Barbour concert scheduled at Scientology CHURCH.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Barbour Concert.PNG
    Barbour Concert.PNG
    144.5 KB · Views: 149

I see a PTS SIT arising.

OSA and David Miscavige. Where are you?

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser

Scientology & harbored child molesters.

Well, goes together.