What's new

Just registered.

byte301

Crusader
Who has the link to the thread about the freeloader's debt. The one where the guy sent them a letter saying he would pay it back in installments over the next billion years?

That was one of my favorites. :happydance:

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Smarter than me!

That makes me feel good. I've never completely stopped worrying about being come after for the freeloader debt.

:welcome::wave: And FFS quit worrying about that FLD!:melodramatic:

I blew from the HGB, ITO and Big Blue just after the '93 "quake...ya just missed me! :p

A few years later I freakin' PAID my FLD! :duh::duh::duh::duh:

Too soon an too late smart...just like my grandmother said...:blush:

EP

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Who has the link to the thread about the freeloader's debt. The one where the guy sent them a letter saying he would pay it back in installments over the next billion years?

That was one of my favorites. :happydance:

Welcome Postman! Here is a thread with the solution of how to pay your freeloaders debt over a billion years. :D
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=12694

As others said, this FL Debt isn't even enforcable in the real world, but this solution is pretty funny, almost makes me want to pay MY debt off from 20+ years ago. :D

I got in comm with the IJC to start the A-E steps back in Jan or Feb of this year. I got to the freeloader debt step, asked for my balance, and have yet to get an answer. Have no idea what it may be. My wife and I welcomed our second child in July and that's the last time any contact has been made from either side. I had been reading through the new editions of DMSMH and SOS with the intent to move on through the new "Basics" set up, but haven't put in any reading time since June. I recently viewed the news program with Marty Rathbun and Amy Scobee, found this website, and am ready to start posting my story. I had every intent around a year ago to get back in good standing so I could get back on the Bridge as a public, but I'm not so sure I want to now after what I've learned on this site. So how is the freeloader debt not enforceable in the "real" world? I'll begin posting my story soon...promise.

Welcome, Postie!

Hi Postie! Welcome aboard! :hattip:

The "Freeloader debt" is not legally enforceable. It is against the law in some places, to make you pay for on the job training or "education" you must have to continue in your post. Actually, I'll bet that they owe you money for not paying a fair minimum wage or overtime, as the law requires. You can read all about it on this and other sites. Lots of people here have a lot of experience and good advice about this and other issues.:)

If you really want to continue with your Scientology studies, all of the levels and very able and well trained auditors are available to you as an Independent or Free Zone Scientologist. You don't need to stay in the COS to do so, if your primary wish is to advance up the bridge. (It's a lot less expensive, too!)

Before you decide to go back and be public, read lots of the personal stories here, of public, staff and SO. Educate your self about the current scene in organized Scientology, so that you will be making a fully informed choice. :) I think you will get more gains for yourself and your family as someone who is a free being, and is not PTS to the Church of Scientology.

Congratulations on the new baby- how wonderful! :happydance:

I'm very glad that you decided to join us here, it's a great group of wonderful people! :yes:

ARC from Sweetie

Parrishgolfer

Lifetime Tampa Bay area resident that has been researching the Cult for years. Glad I found this forum. I'll probably lurk, but I can't wait for the seemingly soon self destruction of Co$.

byte301

Crusader
Welcome ParrishGolfer. We shall call you PG from here on out if you don't mind.:D

We are waiting with bated breath for the end of the cult as well. It's drawing ever nearer.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Lifetime Tampa Bay area resident that has been researching the Cult for years. Glad I found this forum. I'll probably lurk, but I can't wait for the seemingly soon self destruction of Co$.

Hey Parrishgolfer, Welcome to ESMB! :welcome:

I actually just left the Tampa Bay area last week. This is a great site to do research on as some here have been around since the very early days of Scientology, the 1950's and 60's. I was in for about 10 years myself between 1979-89. There's a couple brand new books that JUST came out, from Nancy Many and Marc Headley, both with some great information.

Well, I guess I'll start from when I began reading DMSMH. It was early 1991. I had just gone through a very blue holiday season and was down in the dumps. I was 20 going on 21, single, living at home with my Mom and my dog, had just withdrawn and sat out a semester of college, and had no idea what to do with myself or my life. I was not a very happy camper at the time. I went to the mall one day in late January or early February to have a new watch battery installed at the jewelry counter. The girl said it would take 15 minutes or so, so I went into Waldenbooks and began looking at self-help books. I had already recently read a couple, and was looking for the next one to read when I noticed DMSMH. I picked up a paperback version of it and began reading it when I got home.

I had started classes with the new semester and found myself putting aside my homework at night because I couldn't put down DMSMH. I took out the personality test card, filled it out, and sent it in. I got the test a week or so later and filled it out during one of my Anthropology classes. I thought the questions were interesting, especially with me being a Psychology major and all. I sent the test in and got a call several days later from the local org telling me that they had the results, and they asked when would be a good day and time for me to stop by and see the results. The org was 100+ miles away, so I set up a time on a Saturday afternoon and drove up with my Mom. We got there and my Mom just sat outside the front doorway near the elevators looking very uncomfortable...wouldn't even go in the place. I got my results from a nice young Sea Org fella who was there on staff with his wife. They had a small child and another on the way. I wasn't in total agreement with the test results but was still interested in getting auditing as described in the book. I went directly into a reg cycle where I explained I needed time to earn the money needed for a Book One Intensive. I stood firm on this, bought a book, and told them I'd let them know when I was ready for auditing.

I got home and continued reading DMSMH, working part-time for $, and finishing up the semester. Classes and finals were done in early May and I was ready to drive up and spend some time getting some auditing. I drove back to the org and received some Book One auditing, but it really didn't do much for me, and wasn't what I was expecting. I was still very taken with and learning more about the Bridge, so I was overlooking the obvious red flags at the time towards the ultimate goal of "Total Freedom". As I learned more about the different services and the prices, I began to get discouraged. Where would I ever get that kind of money? Would I get more able and wealthier as I went up the Bridge? One would think so, just as I did. When I began voicing money as an obstacle, the recruitment cycle began. I was told all my training and services would be taken care of as long as I was on staff. I didn't have anything else really going on at the time. No family of my own, no career, no house, no debts, no reason not to try out being a staff member and moving on up the Bridge while helping the cause at the same time. So I did. A 5-year one.

I moved 100+ miles away from home and began as an HCO Expeditor in May 1991. I got my basic staff hatting and started the Purif. My twin bailed after about 2 weeks and I ended up finishing on my own. Seemed out-tech at the time but I just went with it, being new and not wanting to make waves. A staff member would sit outside the sauna and keep tabs on me during the time I was on my own. Never really experienced any heavy restims, but when the C/S said I was done, I took it that I was done.

Being an HCO Expeditor for me basically meant walking around downtown sidewalks and handing out OCA's (Personality Tests). I got to where I was handing out nearly 2000/day, and we were getting little to no response. I kept this up for about 5 months, and moonlighted delivering pizzas at night.

One night, I was taking a couple of pizzas up to a house and noticed that not many lights were on. It looked like no one was home but I rang the doorbell anyway. A voice yelled out from inside, "Wrong house!". I checked the address and street on the tag...I was at the right house. "Oh well", I thought, "wrong house.". As I was making my way back to the car, two young fellas were walking towards me and asked me if I had seen a little black puppy. I said that I hadn't. I told them that I would be delivering the rest of the night and that if I saw the dog that I would let them know. I put the pizzas on top of the car, sat down in the driver's seat, and began writing down their address and phone. When I went to get up and check what I wrote, I rose up into a fist crashing right into my face and knocking me halfway into the passenger's seat. By the time I gathered myself and could get up and look, they were both running back down the block, and one had grabbed the pizzas and was carrying them under his right arm all diagonal. I'm sure the pizzas were a mess, and so was my nose. I drove back to the store and had to tell the story to a police officer. When I told my CO about it, he made me read about the overt-motivator sequence and had me write up O/W's. He made me feel like what had happened was my fault and that I had done something to cause it or "pull it in". I was like, "Whatever...", but went along with it anyway keeping my eye on the goal of "Total Freedom".

dontscamme

Patron Meritorious
If the victim of every crime "pulled it in" or caused it to happen, then apparently the perpetrator(s) couldn't help themselves. They were just passive, at-effect role players. What kind of screwy logic is that?

I don't see how you can logically blame both the victim and the perpetrator for every crime.

Parrishgolfer

Hey Parrishgolfer, Welcome to ESMB! :welcome:

I actually just left the Tampa Bay area last week. This is a great site to do research on as some here have been around since the very early days of Scientology, the 1950's and 60's. I was in for about 10 years myself between 1979-89. There's a couple brand new books that JUST came out, from Nancy Many and Marc Headley, both with some great information.

I plan on buying BFG ASAP...thanks for the welcome! :blush:

zvbxrpl

Hi, I'm from Melbourne, and like PG have been giving this cult the side-eye for some years, and lurking on a few forums. A family friend got sucked into a cult many years ago, which piqued my interest in cults, and lead me to my interest in $ci. Got my signed copy of Marc's book a couple of weeks ago, and what a great read. Amazing and damning stuff.
I'm pretty excited about the goings on in Australia at the moment, I wrote Nick an email congratulating him on his speech, and I just want to say to the exes who have spoken out, you guys are so brave and together for what you have been through.
Stay strong, and all the best.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I plan on buying BFG ASAP...thanks for the welcome! :blush:

The BFG book is great, but also suggest reading both of them as they contain different types of information, Nancy's book "My Billion Year Contract" has lots of new information in it, not just a rehash of what's already come out. She's been an executive at Celebrity Center, a spy for OSA, worked directly with Diana Hubbard (and took over her job when Diana had a baby) and many other things, so has a unique perspective.

http://mybillionyearcontract.com/

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
If the victim of every crime "pulled it in" or caused it to happen, then apparently the perpetrator(s) couldn't help themselves. They were just passive, at-effect role players. What kind of screwy logic is that?

I don't see how you can logically blame both the victim and the perpetrator for every crime.

As far as I recall, Hubbard said this is an idea that works well in processing, whatever the apparent logical contradiction. He defined responsibility as something like the ability and willingness to assume the role of full source and cause of all efforts and counter-efforts on all dynamics, (+ thoughts and emotions etc., the whole shebang). So if someone you've never met has an accident half a world away, you caused it. Obviously this gets into "overlapping" causes, with over 6 billion people each individually responsible for every mishap. Again, despite this being clearly logically unsound, Hubbard said it was a useful approach in auditing.

Now, checking it out for myself right this minute, I can't get any charge at all — not one tiny bit — off causing remote incidents I'm not obviously involved in, so it could just be that it has never been useful. In the absence of other reports, there is just Hubbard's word for it, not the best of endorsements. Possibly it is useful in auditing for others and I just am not up to seeing it; and possibly from the beginning it has been a huge scam allowing him to blame every Scn failure on the individual and not on himself. :)

Paul

Last edited:
Welcome newbies!

Welcome PeeGee and ZivvBixer, Postal enjoying your telling us your story...keep it coming! :)

Overt/motivator sequence has a teeny tiny grain of truth and usefulness in it, regarding human social relationships and interactions, should NEVER be extrapolated into "you pulled it in" type of blaming of crime victims, etc. :no:

What nonsense. Any rational being can see their way through this minefield laid out by COS management as a means of blaming, shaming and controlling people. Don't take on that limited way of thinking.