What's new

Let me introduce myself

exthetan

Patron
On a mission

It was 1989 and the AACs that were started by David Mayo had been suppressed out of existence. My local contact, Ethel McKay had also shut down. Basically, in Sydney, there wasn't really anyone delivering auditing outside of the church.

Around the globe there were a few auditors but they were keeping a low profile. What sprang up after the AACs folded were people (mostly in the USA) who were trying to deliver Scn without calling it that. We had the rise of Alethiology, RONs org, Knowlegism, Idenics and so on. The Freezone was born - not as a single network or product but as a sort of guerrilla outfit of people trying to deliver services while staying clear of the church.

One should appreciate that there had been a great exodus of highly experienced and trained people leaving the church who now needed to find a way to support themselves - after all it doesn't look good on your resume to say that you just spent the last years of your life working for a religious cult!

I began to get concerned that the original tech may get lost amongst all this rewriting and so called "squirrelling". I was still a true believer, you see.

It was at this time that I met Thomas who had recently arrived back from Mayo's ACC with a couple of big boxes if photocopied materials from the grades through to NOTs. A lot of it was of very poor quality, having been copied many times. I made my own copy of his copy and stored it away for safe keeping.

I also met Mary Jo who had been in the USA working for missions prior to the famous 1982 mission holders conference. She was delivering personal ethics counselling to clients as a sideline. Mary Jo had a large number of contacts from various missions and through her I was able make my introductions. I also made contact with a class 8 named Lawrence West who was in Texas and had been delivering independently for many years. He seemed to have a cache of materials that he sourced from CADA (California Association of Dianetic Auditors) also and had rewritten them and called it Alethiology.

In 1994 I decided to fly to the USA on a "Tech Hunt". With the help of Mary Jo I headed off to LA to meet as many former scientologists as I could and to see if I could acquire any missing materials.

More to come

exthetan

Patron
No comments so I'll continue.....

Chasing the horse that bolted

After arriving in LA I went to stay with Flemming who lived in Van Nuys. Great guy and very hospitable. Flemming was aligned with Bill Robertson but had also taken a keen interest in NLP (neuro linguistic programming). He produced something called transformation technology.

I spent and afternoon with Mike Goldstein who told me able Jack Horner and Idenics.

I met Tim and John who were living in Thea Greenburgs house in Altadena.

I also visited Mark Jones for dinner as well as the Filisky's. Lovely people all of them.

Mary Jo was very kind and drove me down to San Diego to meet Enid Vien who was developing Eductivism.

Finally I flew to Phoenix to meet up with Lawrence West. While there we took a drive out to see the site of the old Phoenix Foundation. What we found was a scout hall and a large parking lot next door.

The final introduction was to Val Stansfield.

Each person I met I asked if they had any Scn materials they would be willing to share with me. The reply was usually that (a) they were doing their own thing and I welcome to a copy of that but they might have small bits and pieces lying around. Or (b) They threw out all their Scn stuff a few months ago. It seemed I was always trying to catch the horse that had bolted.

One of the gems I did manage to scavenge was some previously unavailable bulletins from the first SHSBC dealing with GPM processing. What was interesting was that the same HCOBs were issued by the Washington Org rather than Saint Hill. Usually the dates of the HCOBs were a couple of days after the same Saint Hill version. Made me wonder of there was a parallel briefing course being run in the USA.

I arrived back in Sydney with a handful of discover materials and my misgivings confirmed that the delivery of "standard Tech" in the USA had been effectively suppressed by the Church.

G

Gottabrain

WELCOME EXTHETAN!!

HUMMING-BIRD-WELCOME.gif

I love reading your story. Please continue.

FoTi

Crusader
:welcome: Welcome Exthetan. :welcome2:

I've enjoyed reading your story.....I hope you have a lot more to tell. :)

exthetan

Patron
Up and down again

I pursued getting auditing whenever auditors were available. Sometimes they would fly in from O/S looking for work. My last major level completed was Bill Robertsons Excalibur back in 1998. I looked at the rest of his levels but wasn't really interested in them.

By 1999 I pretty much felt I'd had as much of scn as I wanted. I'd effectively done my bridge twice and felt done. I just went to work and got on with living my life. I did keep a casual watch from the periphery however.

In 2007 I'd heard of a roving auditor named Tommy Thompson who was heading some outfit called icause. He said he was willing to travel to Australia and provide auditing and training if there was enough interest. Myself and a couple of others were interested in hiring his services so he came down under for 3 weeks.

As it had been along time since my last session Tommy did a CS53 followed by some int repair. What came out of this was a realisation that my own case was totally bypassed and that the auditing I had previously done was not my own case. This was rather depressing as I was either at the bottom of the bridge or at the top (If it is true that at OT8 you learn that all your case actually was someone else's).

After this I sank into a deep depression. When the Govt allowed mental health counselling to be billed to Medicare I sought out the services of a local psychologist. As luck would have it the psychologist was very open minded and didn't mind me having been in Scn or discussing my issues from that point of view.

After 3 years of therapy I finally handled a dianetic incident that resolved my case. I was no longer depressed and able to move forward with my life.

So there you have it. After 35 years I'm finally at peace and have handled the demons that I sought a solution to all those years ago. Those materials I spent so much time and money chasing are gathering dust in a shed. If anyone wants them they are welcome to them.

My very best to you all and happy new year.

vumba

Danielle Chamberlin
Just came across your posting. I too am relatively new to the site and just want to say a big HI and welcome. I have found nothing but support, kindess and understanding here (I am sure much to the chagrin of the likes of DM). Happy New Year too!:dance3: