What's new

London Org- Current scene

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious
None of my contacts have been able to give me the current scene with London Org, as most have avoided it like the plague. I have a history at London Org and Saint Hill and to some extent Celebrity Centre in West London. I know that Birmingham Org was doing very well after having expanded to something like 60 staff. They frequently have teams of people doing Div6 activities in the New St area. Plymouth Org has also been doing very well (I think Dorothy West, OTVIII heads this Org), whilst Sunderland & Brighton plod along, scoring the occasional Birthday Game point here and there.

From what I last gather is this. In late 2004 a big IAS event was held at Saint Hill (this is the one where Tom Cruise is the medal winner). David Miscavige and company made a suprise visit to London Day. I believe an Italian (a very nice person) called Paola was at the counter, not dressed in a suit and he did not stand for David when he walked in. Lydia, the Academy Sup did not stand for David either (this is second hand data but came from an Executive who thinks very highly of Miscavige). All the Execs (and London Day was so dried up by this point it was being run by Sea Org bar the PES) except Ann, the PES, were called into an office and given a briefing by Davey. Ann I believe was with a public and was spared the wrath of Miscavige.

So as a result of this visit, all the staff get comm ev'd. London Foundation had an incredible woman as there ED, Cathy Burton, formerly known as Applewaite. This woman is a great woman who really cares about people, all people, even though she can snap sometimes, she's never mean or malicious. This lady knows her policy and is able to apply it to good effect. So what should happen? Her Staff Status 7 is revoked and she is put in the basic courseroom (data further down reveals she is doing well there). The D/ED had his Staff Status 7 revoked and was demoted to having no real post on the Org board but seemed to drift between some kind of training and some Div6 activity. A ton of the best staff were forced off post, several staying as public pouring money into more courses, auditing and of course, the IAS. Several of the offloaded people become nothing more than names on call-in sheets. Miscavige did a write-up where he stated that London org should send all Div4 public to Saint Hill for Auditing and training and that the Org should only have a nice film room, a Purif and possiby a Basic Course room offering a HQS and comm course. I think there were a couple of SP declares as well (second hand data).

A longterm Class V Auditor and one of the longest serving staff was forbidden from Auditing and put on the admin side of tech with a program that seemed to go nowhere and he ended up leaving. An incredible Auditor who was doing her Class IV Internship (though who had terrible PTP- one of the worst scenarios for a Mother) was dismissed from staff (I assume with a Freeloaders bill she could never pay off). Another very long term staff member, the D of T for London Foundation was on a lenghty LOA from London org. This left London Foundation with an Academy Sup and a Class VI Auditor who was also the C/S. What a tech team! Well guess what happens? A year later that C/S gets taken off as a C/S and I beleive she did not pass her Class VI Internship and London Foundation is left with no C/S! London's two Flag Trainees looked like they would never return with one being gone for 4 and a half years to do a couple of years worth of training (Class V grad, KTL, LOC) with the other (Class IV grad, co-audit sup) being out there for two and a half years and a trainee in Saint Hill who occasionally helped out, though was not enthusiastic about being in the Org.

The Treas Sec 'coco' was under some ethics investigation because Treasury was not in great shape and he had trouble answering his comm.

However, London is a tough place to live with some tough people and the Org seemed to live on with two Staff Status 6, Maria and Adrian acting as PES and ED managing to scrape the Org up to the top of the pile. These two covered most of the posts on the Org board with most of the other staff in some low post (directors and division heads few and far between). Adrian, very upstat managed to keep the Academy and HGC fairly active and do all hands just about everywhere. Maria managed to get incredibly high book sales for foundation- as many as 800 one week by getting all the staff to do all hands book sales. They had a HDF Dir, Steven, who with the help of a couple of volunteers, managed to churn out hundreds of hours of Book1. He was well known in the org and liked, that he couldn't toe the line with the haircut and wore cords and just before they were about to award him for Dianetics Auditor of the year on Dianetics day he got declared suppressive after blowing the Org. I wonder who they gave the award to as very few people gave Dianetics in London and it was well known that he was the most active Auditor, more than in Div4. I believe he gave up his job and flat to go on the TTC which never materialised so he lived in the Org for quite a while living on ready meals and sleeping on the sofa. London Foundations Academy was fairly active with between 3 and 15 people on course any given night. It seems that when they moved to their little expansion space round the corner, London Foundation was a little empty.

London Day after Davey's visit managed to pull in some extra OT's to be Execs and the Sea Org woman with the foeign name who was temp ED went off to India as a VM or something. Despite two OTVIII's sharing a post, the Qual was not happening and the Acad Sup had no suppport. the Basic Courseroom was sparse in activity. Academy rollercoastered and just when a Professor from Israel happens to be coming to the UK, the Sup is stuck in Treasury with the Sup who did not stand for Miscavige and the Israeli guy is shipped in and the Academy is booming, though most the students are teenagers shipped in from East Grinstead to do all kinds of posts- getting through Staff Status 1 & 2. The new Sup is good.

Several longtime Auditors (and very good ones) reject any attempt to be signed up for staff. Some new public is signed up as MEMBERSHIP OFFICER and after only a few basic courses, ends up giving tons of money himself and is regged for lots of stuff before leaving. (Can you believe it- all those book sales and yet there is barely a Div4 and they get a new guy to try and churn more milk out of some very old cows). London Days Basic Course Sup has put himself under immense financial pressure after hading over large sums of money to the IAS- is kicked out of the courseroom and is made MEMBERSHIP OFFICER for day. The VMS, despite all the griping from the critics, do do some excellent work, but it is not worth killing people for it!

There was suppose to be WEEKLY IAS events to help raise the money for the new building which the public were expected to pay for (active Div4, about 30-50 people), a total of £15,000,000.

Any news on the new building? Is there many people on course? I passed the testing Centre (which is the old Org) in Tottenham Court Rd tody and it did not look busy, though their were two Body Routers, young ladys who I did not recognise who were talking to people.

Terril park

Sponsor
Hi Vittorio,
You have more spys than I do. :) One has said that the big new city org had 1 student in foundation hours.

Steven is a friend of mine and a member of our RO UK group. I used to be on staff at london a long time ago. I know a lot of the people you mention even if you didn't say there name.

Maybe it would be good for us all to meet?

My phone No. is 0208-992-6570

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious
Hello Teril.

Was that one student in the whole Org or in one particular courseroom? From what I can recollect, Bob Keenan PPRO at Saint Hill (he's the fireman in the Orientation video) had all the plans for London Org laid out which he invited the dissafected along to view (people like Bernie Green, Gian Carlo, that guy who some years ago blew from an Exec post or had debts or something (Jason or something) who've been run through the mill of being on staff and reg cycles).

I was suprised that the testing centre was also going to have half a dozen basic courseroom when the new Org was going to have at least four! (Communication course courseroom, a Dianetics courseroom and I think possibly two basic Scientology course courserooms). Quite a mission to get sups for all of that and fill those courserooms!

I do believe that they would have only one student in a courseroom. I don't believe it is like this everynight, I'm sure they can pull in a reasonable crowd some days. Booming? I've yet to hear of a boom.

Was this friend of yours looking into the Academy? If you could get details from this person (did she/he recognise any staff, what did the sup look like etc, did she/he see the Org board, could you let me know?) you can post it here or send it privately.

It seems whilst there are some good people left, a lot have been purged or have walked leaving a lot of young people from Scientology families and a lot of 'yes sir, no questions asked' types who have little or no reality with the people and who for the most part are unable to handle communications about OTIII in the press, about other philosphies and practises and generally lack the skills of life experience. Damn, what a shame!

from

VITTORIO

RolandRB

Rest in Peace
Hello Teril.

Was that one student in the whole Org or in one particular courseroom? From what I can recollect, Bob Keenan PPRO at Saint Hill (he's the fireman in the Orientation video) had all the plans for London Org laid out which he invited the dissafected along to view (people like Bernie Green, Gian Carlo, that guy who some years ago blew from an Exec post or had debts or something (Jason or something) who've been run through the mill of being on staff and reg cycles).

I was suprised that the testing centre was also going to have half a dozen basic courseroom when the new Org was going to have at least four! (Communication course courseroom, a Dianetics courseroom and I think possibly two basic Scientology course courserooms). Quite a mission to get sups for all of that and fill those courserooms!

I do believe that they would have only one student in a courseroom. I don't believe it is like this everynight, I'm sure they can pull in a reasonable crowd some days. Booming? I've yet to hear of a boom.

Was this friend of yours looking into the Academy? If you could get details from this person (did she/he recognise any staff, what did the sup look like etc, did she/he see the Org board, could you let me know?) you can post it here or send it privately.

It seems whilst there are some good people left, a lot have been purged or have walked leaving a lot of young people from Scientology families and a lot of 'yes sir, no questions asked' types who have little or no reality with the people and who for the most part are unable to handle communications about OTIII in the press, about other philosphies and practises and generally lack the skills of life experience. Damn, what a shame!

from

VITTORIO

I do love to hear about the troubles of the London Org. :)

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
Vittorio, I knew London Org back in the 70's it seems sad to think of all that struggling still going on all these years later!

Mention was made of Brighton, does anyone know what happened to Roger Kaye who set up a Mission there in the early 80's? I'm not sure if he was there when it turned into an Org.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Mention was made of Brighton, does anyone know what happened to Roger Kaye who set up a Mission there in the early 80's? I'm not sure if he was there when it turned into an Org.

The last time I saw him personally was at SH in the early 80s. I sold him a copy of one of my poems for £12. :)

There's a bit of info here about his service completions, assuming it's the same guy.

Paul

RolandRB

Rest in Peace
Vittorio, I knew London Org back in the 70's it seems sad to think of all that struggling still going on all these years later!

Maybe that was the big org in Brighton we collapsed after one of our pickets. We went back there again and it was no more. There was I dressed up as Xemu with no clam cult in sight.

RolandRB

Rest in Peace
I do love to hear about the troubles of the London Org. :)

Cathy Burton is a nice lady. She was called Cathy Jones when I was there. It is a shame she has to go through all of this. Adrian is presumably Adrian Pownall. Another nice guy. A shame for him as well.

The root of the trouble is that they are both involved in a space-alien scam. My advice to them is to get out and do the Bridge and go crazy in the freezone if that is their want.

I wonder what happened to Elva.

RolandRB

Rest in Peace
The last time I saw him personally was at SH in the early 80s. I sold him a copy of one of my poems for £12. :)

There's a bit of info here about his service completions, assuming it's the same guy.

Paul

Presumably it was a poem worshipping that fat old fraud otherwise nobody would have bought it as being out-Source and "doing something other with their minds between sessions". But worshipping the fat old fraud would have been fine.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Presumably it was a poem worshipping that fat old fraud otherwise nobody would have bought it as being out-Source and "doing something other with their minds between sessions". But worshipping the fat old fraud would have been fine.

Yeah, more or less. It was the first of a pair. I hadn't written the second at the time.

NOWHERESVILLE BEACH

As you lie spread out on Nowheresville Beach
With your whole case in restim and no help in reach
On an unaware planet with no tech at all
No hope of salvation and you in its thrall
Recall that brief lifetime you wasted on Earth
When you lived in a goldmine and saw not its worth
That veriest eyeblink in aeons of being
And you blew it on trifles that blinded your seeing
And now when you know what you ought to have done
It's too late, old buddy, they've all upped and gone

PARADISE PLAZA

As you jauntily bounce across Paradise Plaza
Flowing good mornings to friends on the way
Wearing a body fresh out of the wardrobe
Which matches the mood you have picked for today
On a pink planet turning about a square sun
That a friend had just mocked up one weekend for fun
Recall that brief lifetime spent far off from here
When you cashed in the car and the social veneer
And traded the treadmill of nine-to-five
In favor of being forever and ever alive

Paul

Terril park

Sponsor
Hi Vittorio,
I think this person may have been shown only one course room.
Possibly she may not have realised empty rooms were courserooms.

Apparently david Miscavidge ordered London to only deliver TRs and HQS and send higher students to st.Hill. I presume thats changed with the new
building in the city.

Why not phone and we can natter. ( sic:) ) 0208-992-6570
I'm assuming your near London. Otherwise you could mail me your No, and I can
phone from an internet cafe round the corner for the cost of a local call to just about anywhere in the world.
[email protected]

http://www.freewebs.com/techoutsidethecofs

http://internationalfreezone.net

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious
Teril,

I am afraid I am not in your area, just have a history there and a vested interest which is why I haven't called. I may also have an Auditor lined up- will have to wait and see, though I am quite private about that. I have no problem pushing details of your UK group .. . . .

.....Apparently there is a Panorama show on Scientology tonight per OOOTTHHHEEATE's post. But not according to the BBC website. Will have to wait and see.

A natter Teril? Your caught up in one big Freezone soap opera! Lol

VITTORIO

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious
I cannot see that program listed on BBC1 on any day for at least a week- maybe I should check BBC2

VIT

RolandRB

Rest in Peace
Yeah, more or less. It was the first of a pair. I hadn't written the second at the time.

NOWHERESVILLE BEACH

As you lie spread out on Nowheresville Beach
With your whole case in restim and no help in reach
On an unaware planet with no tech at all
No hope of salvation and you in its thrall
Recall that brief lifetime you wasted on Earth
When you lived in a goldmine and saw not its worth
That veriest eyeblink in aeons of being
And you blew it on trifles that blinded your seeing
And now when you know what you ought to have done
It's too late, old buddy, they've all upped and gone

PARADISE PLAZA

As you jauntily bounce across Paradise Plaza
Flowing good mornings to friends on the way
Wearing a body fresh out of the wardrobe
Which matches the mood you have picked for today
On a pink planet turning about a square sun
That a friend had just mocked up one weekend for fun
Recall that brief lifetime spent far off from here
When you cashed in the car and the social veneer
And traded the treadmill of nine-to-five
In favor of being forever and ever alive

Paul

Not bad at all!

RolandRB

Rest in Peace
I believe it is on May 7, and that for a few days following that, you can view it online at http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/panorama/default.stm

Paul

I wonder whether it will centre on the mass money laundering done by stripping the Church of California of its assets just before the Wollersheim judgement.

http://www.xenu-directory.net/opinions/rashleighberry19971213.html

I hope so as I spent a lot of time on that and reporting it to all the right agencies. But it got nowhere at the time. Perhaps the BBC can shock them into doing something. I reported it to the BBC at the time and again nothing was done.

The Oracle

Gold Meritorious Patron
And who do you think is buying green book managment courses beyond Org Staff forced to use them? Why would they! DM is setting a huge example of how hatting makes no difference against the back drop of a person's abberrations. Imagine people being comm eved for not standing up when he walks in a room! Whhhhyyyyyy, why that little buger! That, that Marie Antionette! :storm:

Last edited:

Terril park

Sponsor
VITTORIO
A natter Teril? Your caught up in one big Freezone soap opera! Lol

BB
And your not?

Anyway I find it a fun soap opera and with orders of magnitude more laughs and drama than TV. :)

RolandRB

Rest in Peace
I wonder whether it will centre on the mass money laundering done by stripping the Church of California of its assets just before the Wollersheim judgement.

http://www.xenu-directory.net/opinions/rashleighberry19971213.html

I hope so as I spent a lot of time on that and reporting it to all the right agencies. But it got nowhere at the time. Perhaps the BBC can shock them into doing something. I reported it to the BBC at the time and again nothing was done.

I'm guessing that the Panorama programme that will air on the 7th May 2007 will be a death blow for the new London Org. They won't be able to get people with money in and it will stay that way and the staff will know it. And the rental will get taken off their wages should they make more than the usual £26 a week. That will stretch now to decades into the future.

I am wondering if the London Public with any money are currently paying interest to the IAS based on their "promisaries". If the org cost £15M, then at 6% interest that would be £17,308 per week. If split between 50 people then each would be paying £346 per week. If this is the case then I see that money stopping soon after the 7th May and then they would be Declared. And with no more moneyed people coming in then they would have to sell their new Ideal Org.

Things never work out the way I hope but this is giving me a chuckle at the moment just thinking of the possibilities.