What's new

Looking for link with caller ID's name

guanoloco

As-Wased
My understanding (maybe wrong) is that some robocalls are allowed IF the companies are associated and I have been a customer for one of them. Correct me if I am wrong on this particular detail.

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0259-robocalls

What Prerecorded Calls Are Allowed?
Some prerecorded messages are permitted — for example, messages that are purely informational. That means you may receive calls to let you know your flight’s been cancelled, reminders about an appointment, or messages about a delayed school opening. But the business doing the calling isn’t allowed to promote the sale of any goods or services. Prerecorded messages from a business that is contacting you to collect a debt also are permitted, but messages offering to sell you services to reduce your debt are barred.

Other exceptions include political calls and calls from certain health care providers. For example, pharmacies are permitted to use prerecorded messages to provide prescription refill reminders. Prerecorded messages from banks, telephone carriers and charities also are exempt from these rules if the banks, carriers or charities make the calls themselves.