What's new

Marty proclaims self Scn Armageddon

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron
If Miscavige is selling out the implication is that big pharma is buying into something that would be beneficial to them.:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
What could big pharma possibly want from a shrinking 2 bit cult? Their massive client base? :hysterical:
Their ability to sway public opinion? :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
Their industry of death idiocy is not even as worrisome as a fruit-fly to an elephant. The Church of Scientology has nothing of value for these companies.

If this ever comes out, it will probably be along the lines of Miscavige wanting to hire out one their auditoriums for an event, or sell a property earmarked as an ideal org to them or something equally as thrilling.

i just remember reading somewhere a psych saying that cos and cchr are actually an advantage to them, because they drown out the more sane voices that object to the over drugging of the country.

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
i just remember reading somewhere a psych saying that cos and cchr are actually an advantage to them, because they drown out the more sane voices that object to the over drugging of the country.

Very interesting, thanks.

It could work if there were thousands of Scientologists protesting, getting hours of news time and metres of print space. I don't believe they have the clout to make a difference in anything.

I can't measure their visibility in the US, but most people I know, think Scientology and Christian Scientist are the same religion, never mind what they believe and hold dear. Frankly, they really do not care either. That is the impact the main core organisation has on people, never mind its offshoots.

I have never seen nor read any report of any demonstration in traditional media. The only pictures I have seen iro CCHR protesting psych drugging is of past demonstrations with celebs on critical internet sites.

In a country where literacy and school feeding is a priority, what gets shoved down rich kids throats is of so little importance as to be a non issue. First world vs third world priorities.

ChurchOfCylontology

Patron with Honors
and what would you do if you were in his position, his knowledge?

I had a feeling that someone would respond with this question.

Quite often I will try to walk around in another's shoes for a mile and be fair in my judgments but, simply, I cannot do this with certain individuals, including Marty. I do not have or claim to have the propensity to conduct such evil acts upon another (even if it is well deserved) that he relished for a few decades. As I saw on another post, one does not simply become OSA by just being a good Scientologist or Sea Org member. One needs to have certain characteristics and fondness for inflicting psychological torture, emotional distress, and physical pain on others. I lack these characteristics, so I cannot understand his motivations and put myself in his position.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I had a feeling that someone would respond with this question.

Quite often I will try to walk around in another's shoes for a mile and be fair in my judgments but, simply, I cannot do this with certain individuals, including Marty. I do not have or claim to have the propensity to conduct such evil acts upon another (even if it is well deserved) that he relished for a few decades. As I saw on another post, one does not simply become OSA by just being a good Scientologist or Sea Org member. One needs to have certain characteristics and fondness for inflicting psychological torture, emotional distress, and physical pain on others. I lack these characteristics, so I cannot understand his motivations and put myself in his position.

In order to become OSA one needs to have fondness for inflicting psychological torture, emotional distress, and physical pain on others? :omg:

You think that OSA screens prospective recruits searching for that type of person? Or that those are the types who seek to work in OSA?

It's not something that I've ever heard said by former staff from OSA and/or Guardians Office staff.

What evidence is there that either of those things is true?

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron
Very interesting, thanks.

It could work if there were thousands of Scientologists protesting, getting hours of news time and metres of print space. I don't believe they have the clout to make a difference in anything.

I can't measure their visibility in the US, but most people I know, think Scientology and Christian Scientist are the same religion, never mind what they believe and hold dear. Frankly, they really do not care either. That is the impact the main core organisation has on people, never mind its offshoots.

I have never seen nor read any report of any demonstration in traditional media. The only pictures I have seen iro CCHR protesting psych drugging is of past demonstrations with celebs on critical internet sites.

In a country where literacy and school feeding is a priority, what gets shoved down rich kids throats is of so little importance as to be a non issue. First world vs third world priorities.
Yeah, I was just trying to figure out what DM could possibly have to offer big pharma. And the only thing I could come up with is possibly pouring a lot more money and noisy investigations into CCHR. Otherwise, I just don't get HOW he could sell out to someone who isn't buying. So, what could it be? Not some sort of stocks scam could it e? I remember I believe it was Mike Rinder claimed he made a bunch of money shorting Eli Lilly stock, because of some litigation the church had going against them . I am blurry on the details and no time to google. But the JohnPCapatilist sad that was probably a nonsense story. It's just a mystery. Perhaps Marty is convinced that Davey could have somehow sold out to big pharma but in reality the possibility is just silly.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yeah, I was just trying to figure out what DM could possibly have to offer big pharma. And the only thing I could come up with is possibly pouring a lot more money and noisy investigations into CCHR. Otherwise, I just don't get HOW he could sell out to someone who isn't buying. So, what could it be? Not some sort of stocks scam could it e? I remember I believe it was Mike Rinder claimed he made a bunch of money shorting Eli Lilly stock, because of some litigation the church had going against them . I am blurry on the details and no time to google. But the JohnPCapatilist sad that was probably a nonsense story. It's just a mystery. Perhaps Marty is convinced that Davey could have somehow sold out to big pharma but in reality the possibility is just silly.

For what it is worth...What I can remember about the Eli Lilly situation was that one or more of the Feshbachs (spelling?) after completing Super Power claimed that if he had a couple more individuals who had completed SUperPower helping him he could have completely taken down Eli Lilly. I think that this particular Feschback would have made his money by shorting the stocks..I don't know the time frame on this, but VERY vague memory puts it circa 1990?