What's new

Melbourneites

nexus100

Gold Meritorious Patron
I heard from LBV that Chris was busted out of Gold for nefarious reasons. A problem with being a human being he called it. Dont want to slander me old mate in public here. I suppose all would have similar problems. And yes I would like to be of Kerry's side in a fight. She was only little but she could bite.

And for all the american personality defects, they are much kinder and forgiving people on the roads than aussies. This gives some pointers to the inner psyche which cant be all bad. Septic tanks, please grow a sense of humour when aussies slag off at you, it means we love you really. (Except for the hyped up bullshit)

Thank you! Taking your advice to heart, I certainly forgive everyone for being Australian. I LOVE Australians, regardless of their past. Both the US and Down Under are original colonies of the British bastards, after all. The US may not have been a "prison planet" but we all know that is a misnomer anyway. Not worth mentioning. And the US may have fought their way out of subjugation, while the Australians sort of grew out of it from proximity, but what the hell. It is the result that counts, no matter what the accent. And what if the All Blacks kick you around every year? You aren't getting KILLED in the NFL. So believe me, I appreciate the Aussie mentality and all that goes with it!

Andrew

Patron with Honors
Thank you! Taking your advice to heart, I certainly forgive everyone for being Australian. I LOVE Australians, regardless of their past. Both the US and Down Under are original colonies of the British bastards, after all. The US may not have been a "prison planet" but we all know that is a misnomer anyway. Not worth mentioning. And the US may have fought their way out of subjugation, while the Australians sort of grew out of it from proximity, but what the hell. It is the result that counts, no matter what the accent. And what if the All Blacks kick you around every year? You aren't getting KILLED in the NFL. So believe me, I appreciate the Aussie mentality and all that goes with it!

First things first. No-one cares about rugby (except NZ). Unless we win, then we pretend we care for 5 minutes before promptly forgetting about it.

50 Meatheads with "protective equipment" used to occupy 11 positions on the field, taking over 4 hours to play 1 hour of "football" which has been hijacked into some sort of bizarre pseudo-military exercise. Yeah that's a good sport...

There is nothing more cringe worthy than hearing a real Ocker accent in a foreign country (I'm looking at you Queenslanders). It's almost enough to want to make a man pretend he's from NZ.

Jimmymac

Patron
Nope, whenever an Auditor informs an Aussie that his next step is the ANZO RD they always slam down the cans and tell the Auditor, "F@ck off, you can't tell me what to do!" :D

Or they slam the cans down and SaY (in that aussie accent from the simpsons) "thats a bloody outrage" :)

nexus100

Gold Meritorious Patron
First things first. No-one cares about rugby (except NZ). Unless we win, then we pretend we care for 5 minutes before promptly forgetting about it.

50 Meatheads with "protective equipment" used to occupy 11 positions on the field, taking over 4 hours to play 1 hour of "football" which has been hijacked into some sort of bizarre pseudo-military exercise. Yeah that's a good sport...

There is nothing more cringe worthy than hearing a real Ocker accent in a foreign country (I'm looking at you Queenslanders). It's almost enough to want to make a man pretend he's from NZ.

Yeeps. What a sweetly measured response. I admit defeat. However I still love you all, especially Emma. Best wishes.

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.

If no one cares about rugby, why does it dominate the TV ratings? I have theory that if you're not a brain-dead hooligan you're not permitted to participate in ratings collection.

I've never liked the "ocker" accent, and don't use it. Ez fer thet terrible eccents frem New Zellland, PLEEZE! Don't mack me cringe so match.

Because I was learned to talk real proper, when people ask me what's my accent, I reply "Educated."

Andrew

Patron with Honors
If no one cares about rugby, why does it dominate the TV ratings? I have theory that if you're not a brain-dead hooligan you're not permitted to participate in ratings collection.

I've never liked the "ocker" accent, and don't use it. Ez fer thet terrible eccents frem New Zellland, PLEEZE! Don't mack me cringe so match.

Because I was learned to talk real proper, when people ask me what's my accent, I reply "Educated."

I'm assuming your from one of those "fruity" States.

Rugby doesn't rate in Vic, Tas, SA, NT or WA. It also seems that it can't pull a decent crowd in NSW or QLD.

:D

Have you ever come across someone who particpates in the ratings?

I've never met anyone who does or even anyone who knows someone who does. It all seems a bit dodgy to me.

Channel 7 should actually get some very good data from their TiVo boxes as to what people are actually watching.

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
I'm assuming your from one of those "fruity" States.

Rugby doesn't rate in Vic, Tas, SA, NT or WA. It also seems that it can't pull a decent crowd in NSW or QLD.

:D

Have you ever come across someone who particpates in the ratings?

I've never met anyone who does or even anyone who knows someone who does. It all seems a bit dodgy to me.

Channel 7 should actually get some very good data from their TiVo boxes as to what people are actually watching.

I have once been selected to do a manual viewing diary. The rules are to fill out what you watch live. If you taped and watched it later, it doesn't count. The electronic systems also ignore time-shifted material.

You'll notice that, on Strine TV, any mentally stimulating material shown on a commercial station is shunted off to 11:30 at night.

Andrew

Patron with Honors
I have once been selected to do a manual viewing diary. The rules are to fill out what you watch live. If you taped and watched it later, it doesn't count. The electronic systems also ignore time-shifted material.

You'll notice that, on Strine TV, any mentally stimulating material shown on a commercial station is shunted off to 11:30 at night.

Interesting.

My best friend is EZTV (http://eztv.it/frontpage.php) working in conjunction with a BIG internet plan and the PS3 & Beyonwiz PVR.

The only live shows for me are sports.

I'm looking forward to the coming industry revamp of all things Video.

And if K.Rudd would deliver on his fibre broadband promise things will get interesting very quickly.