What's new

More on Past Lives: Real or Imagined?

exseaorgclocmoflagetc

Patron with Honors
For those of you that feel I should see a professional for my depression, I thought it was pretty clear that I do. I've mentioned it before, but didn't want to ruffle any more feathers by mentioning it again since a lot of people here are still anti-psych.

In any case, this thread has triggered something else that has been underlying (obviously). Those that had good intentions to help, I feel it and I truly appreciate it with my whole heart.

Maybe this is not a good place for support. You are right about that Mimsey. But, IMO, it's also not a safe place to talk about ones feelings or views once they have left Scientology, or their thoughts during their process of leaving, or the views of those who want to lend a hand to someone who is asking for help (people interested in leaving. This place weighs too heavily on individuals with views that often leave me feeling sad, unsupported, scared, silenced, and angry. It's not just this thread.

And because of the fragile state I've been in, it was just not a good idea for me to be on this forum at all (I should know better. One has to come in here with armor), and especially now: I hadn't yet heard back from the producers of Leah's show (I have since now) but by Wednesday, I was beginning to think I was a nutcase they were ignoring or something. They knew all kinds of sensitive information about me and I began to flip out, like I was never going to hear from them again. I saw people from the show and crew on Thanks giving and no one peeped a word about nothing and I was thoroughly floored. Friday I just wanted to die. They called yesterday. (I had other reasons I was down than just the phone call--general fucked up life that's not improving by much), and that was what ya'll were seeing a bit off. Sorry, but these things happen. I can promise it wouln't happen again, but I can't make that promise, but I can hang out here less or not at all.

Life is a funny thing. (Hilarious.) Even if I publish my stupid book before I go, it's really nothing of a mark in the scheme of things. Even helping someone out of Scientology (book or no book)...I'd be helping them out of the cult, and into what? What is waiting here for them that is so great any way?

Something to think about.

If the book is published, I'll be sure to drop a note.
I know the feeling..being conned so greatly and deeply..and having believed in it so whole heartedly at one point..........it pulls the rug out from under you..........what can I believe in next? will that be a con as well? will I know it when it is? Hang in there. Interested to know..what did the show producers say? Ive thought about contacting them...but I knew many of them briefly as kids( our parents new each other more)..and I reached out and they dont really seemed interested in anyone's life or story besides their own.....it does make me think a bit. as matter of fact they led me to a page that attacked me...and basically shut me out and questioned me as if I was fraud(even when I sent them pictures)...it seemed very Scientology like to me...was surprising! I never existed to them and they could care less, reminded me of being in...I guess the church gets some scoreboard points for that one lol if all my experiences taught me anything..its not to give a crap about what others think and do your own thing and have compassion for all around me while doing it.

Last edited:
What is waiting for people beyond life in the cult? A certain freedom to do as they wish? A loss of having someone provide all the answers? Doing something of real value to another or yourself beyond offering false hope? I think a lot really.

Your post reminds me of the guru on the mountain top being asked the meaning of life, though perhaps Leah and Mike have the answer: Help free others from the thrall of Hubbard's trap. I hope they run with your story - I'm guessing there will be a third season.

Mimsey

A big problem is: where are all the souls coming from to account for the expanding population - perhaps you don't always reincarnate consecutively, maybe you have a next life at an earlier period of time. Which opens the door to live in two separate bodies at the same time. I could be you typing this right now...

Mimsey

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
A big problem is: where are all the souls coming from to account for the expanding population - perhaps you don't always reincarnate consecutively, maybe you have a next life at an earlier period of time. Which opens the door to live in two separate bodies at the same time. I could be you typing this right now...

Mimsey
If only my problems were such that I had time to worry about the things that are a problem to you Mims! :)

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron

Mimsey
Volcanos.

Anonycat

Crusader
I think the post meant that you are dedicated to a circle-jerk of delusion, and he has prioritized his time differently.

Well, I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together. Perhaps you have heard that before? Could it be that Robert Monroe was a Beatles fan? Or maybe he was heavy into si fi? Or maybe, this makes more sense:

malkovich_malkovich.jpg

PS - it helps if you read a little earlier in the thread so you can follow the context.. .

Mimsey

Last edited:

Anonycat

Crusader
I have a close friend who did the Monroe Institute thing in VA, and it's all bullshit, but I love the Beatles.

You are Purrfect if you love the Fab 4. Which was your favorite album? It is hard for me to choose between Rubber Soul, Revolver and Sgt. Pepper I don't know if you are in LA or not, but when the Sound went off the air last week they played The End off Abby Road as their final song though you gotta give them points for playing: Time Has Come Today by the Chambers Brothers earlier in the day in response to a request after someone heard them play the whole 17 min of inagadadavida
Mimsey

Anonycat

Crusader
Mimi Chen ... she's always been an amazing DJ. I didn't hear it, but she's a friend, and told me that was the last song played. The love you take is equal to the love you make.

Last edited:

Demented Hubbatd

Patron with Honors
I was using a Buddhist procedure to help my friend to recall his past life. He was an atheist, and he wanted to prove me wrong because he knew that I believe in past lives (this procedure has nothing to do with Dianetics auditing) According the procedure, after recalling the moment of birth in this life the person moves to the death that occurred in the previous life (the procedure itself is quite lengthy, it took us about 8 hours to get to this point).

My friend was killed with an arrow that pierced his neck while he was riding through the forest with a group of fellow warriors. It seemed like the episode took place in ancient times because the warriors were armed with swords and bows.

"I don't believe in any of it, this is just my imagination," said Joseph. "Try to recall what was happening two hours before your death", I said. After 3 minutes of intensive thinking Joseph said, "I am sitting with my friends near a bonfire that we made. We are cooking some food. I am sitting apart from the group and fixing my bow." "Are your friends talking to each other?" I said. "Yes, they are. Actually, one of them is talking to me". said Joseph. "Try to reproduce his words," I said. "It sounds like gibberish to me. I think I'm making it up," said Joseph. "Nevertheless, give it a try," I said

Joseph is a Mexican American. His native language is English, but he is also fluent in Spanish. He doesn't know any other language.

After 10 minutes of intensive recollection Joseph spoke in a language that closely resembled Turkish (this group is of languages is called Turkig group). I spent 2 years in Turkey working for one of our clients, so I am familiar with the language, although I am not fluent in it.

"My friend said "Yemek eesteersen" , which is gibberish," said Joseph. "No, it is not. It means "Are you hungry?"", I said. Joseph was so stunned that he reproduced the whole conversation. I understood part of it. Joseph replied to his friend, "Belee" which means "Yes". His friend said, "Boora gel", which translates as "move closer". As far as I could understand, Joseph and his friend discussed the food.

Up to the present day Joseph doesn't believe that he had a meaningful conversation, he think I was pulling his leg.