What's new

My story from narconon and scientology

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome JinLing

What an amazing amout of work you put into your life, it seems like the COS just uses people up.

I am glad you are here and I am very interested in your story.

JinLing

Patron
How can I say this? Honestly, I doubt your ex will have any future in scn. If he could get out, he could at least make some money. Maybe not much, but surely more than what he could make in scn. And it doesn't need a special education to flip some burgers. Yes, this comment may sound flippant (no pun intended), but I've found no better way to say it.

Also his health might improve drastically if he had a real doctor and some real medication when needed.

However, it would also have to be his decision to leave the cult, and if he hasn't reached that point yet, there's probably not much one could do.

There are some experts here who successfully got (at least some of) their money back:

How I got my IAS refund

How I got my FLAG repayment - in 30 days

How I got my local Org repayment (Dallas Org)

The letter that has gotten more than $400K repaid from the CofS

Well its up to him to decide, i cant do it for him. He has desease where meds doesnt work unfortunatly. If there was meds that did work he wouldnt have a problem using them. He is on subutex right, thats not ok with the org either, but they dont know that.... The thing is he tries to get jobs but you can tell he is sick by looking at him.

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Well its up to him to decide, i cant do it for him. He has desease where meds doesnt work unfortunatly. If there was meds that did work he wouldnt have a problem using them. He is on subutex right, thats not ok with the org either, but they dont know that.... The thing is he tries to get jobs but you can tell he is sick by looking at him.

You don't need to say which disease it is, but even if this disease possibly cannot be cured, there might be medication out there to slow down it's progress or mellows (is that the correct word?) the symptoms. I have MS, so I'd say I know what I'm talking about. :)

JinLing

Patron
You don't need to say which disease it is, but even if this disease possibly cannot be cured, there might be medication out there to slow down it's progress or mellows (is that the correct word?) the symptoms. I have MS, so I'd say I know what I'm talking about. :)

Sorry to hear that, hope youre still ok.
He got his liver totally screwed up from hepatitis and drinking/druguse. He needs a new liver, he is in too bad shape to get interferon...

dontscamme

Patron Meritorious
Welcome, JinLing!

I am impressed by how you cared for the children who had noone else to look out for them, the victims of a cruel and heartless organization. :thumbsup:

Your story thus far reminded me of a quote I had heard, and I found several along the same lines. Some food for thought:

http://askville.amazon.com/measure-...urate-quote/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=4718239

Our society must make it right and possible for old people not to fear the young or be deserted by them, for the test of a civilization is the way that it cares for its helpless members.~Pearl S. Buck (1892-1973), My Several Worlds [1954].

The test of the morality of a society is what it does for its children.
~Dietrich Bonhoeffer

A decent provision for the poor is the true test of civilization.
~Samuel Johnson, Boswell: Life of Johnson

The most certain test by which we judge whether a country is really free is the amount of security enjoyed by minorities.~John E. E. Dalberg, Lord Acton, The History of Freedom in Antiquity, [1877].

"...the moral test of government is how that government treats those who are in the dawn of life, the children; those who are in the twilight of life, the elderly; those who are in the shadows of life; the sick, the needy and the handicapped. " ~ Last Speech of Hubert H. Humphrey

"A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Ghandi

"Any society, any nation, is judged on the basis of how it treats its weakest members -- the last, the least, the littlest."
~Cardinal Roger Mahony, In a 1998 letter, Creating a Culture of Life

The greatness of America is in how it treats its weakest members: the elderly, the infirm, the handicapped, the underprivileged, the unborn. ~Bill Federer

"A society will be judged on the basis of how it treats its weakest members and among the most vulnerable are surely the unborn and the dying,"
~Pope John Paul II

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Sorry to hear that, hope youre still ok.
He got his liver totally screwed up from hepatitis and drinking/druguse. He needs a new liver, he is in too bad shape to get interferon...

Well, I've guessed that it would probably be the liver, but didn't want to say anything yet. Some of my friends are (ex-) junkies and some of those have hepatitis as well. I'll ask around if they have some helpful tips.

My tip would be that he should get off of all drugs as soon as possible, and he should replace "rice & beans" with real food. But I'm sure he knows that already.

Oh, and he should reduce his amount of work hours, which would be easier in a "real" job. I guess a regular 8-hours/day job would be a real improvement for him, if there weren't any "org" hours in addition to that. Oh well, I know that, you know that, and I'm sure he knows that too.

However, it's his life, his body and his decision. I just wish somone could convince him that there's a better life out there, but I've tried something like that with some of my friends, and had the frustrating experience that... well, it was their decision. Some of them didn't survive. Sad.

Sorry, I don't find an uplifting sentence to finish this post.

Terril park

Sponsor
lol
it isnt really a funny thing, but im laughing at what you write still, cause its true.

I was once on an ethicshandling for giving my son aspirine. I know it wasnt ok with them, but he hadnt been eating for almost a week with fever, the aspirine made him eat!

I been around the block for a decade. Read almost everything critical
long ago, and also everything FZ.

Just this last week I've heard things even crazier, and i've seen crazy in so many manifestations. This and Aeveal's infinite sec checks are up there with the very craziest.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
JinLing I applaud your honesty and bravery for speaking out about the insanities that you've encountered in your contact with the cult and one of its front groups.:clap: :clap: :clap:

The more people like you tell it how it is, the more people who are still enslaved by this madness will see that it isn't just them who feel there is something wrong but it's the cult itself that is wrong.:yes:

Please continue when you are ready to tell us more. :drama:

JinLing

Patron
Well, I've guessed that it would probably be the liver, but didn't want to say anything yet. Some of my friends are (ex-) junkies and some of those have hepatitis as well. I'll ask around if they have some helpful tips.

My tip would be that he should get off of all drugs as soon as possible, and he should replace "rice & beans" with real food. But I'm sure he knows that already.

Oh, and he should reduce his amount of work hours, which would be easier in a "real" job. I guess a regular 8-hours/day job would be a real improvement for him, if there weren't any "org" hours in addition to that. Oh well, I know that, you know that, and I'm sure he knows that too.

However, it's his life, his body and his decision. I just wish somone could convince him that there's a better life out there, but I've tried something like that with some of my friends, and had the frustrating experience that... well, it was their decision. Some of them didn't survive. Sad.

Sorry, I don't find an uplifting sentence to finish this post.

No its okay, it isnt a very uplifting story unfortunatly.. I think he is too much into the whole thing even now that he wont change and get out of it, i mean scientology. Even if he doesnt go on course a lot anymore its basically his only idea of life. I dont try to convince him, thats mainly because i dont think he would handle it well. He allready disconnected his family since his sister got sp-declared. Shes great! I actually met her even though i knew about the sp-declare, while still in scientology, that wasnt a good idea cause i ended up on a huge ethicshandling on it lasting for a very long time, but it was my first insight to that sp-declared people werent really evil people... :lol:

JinLing

Patron
JinLing I applaud your honesty and bravery for speaking out about the insanities that you've encountered in your contact with the cult and one of its front groups.:clap: :clap: :clap:

The more people like you tell it how it is, the more people who are still enslaved by this madness will see that it isn't just them who feel there is something wrong but it's the cult itself that is wrong.:yes:

Please continue when you are ready to tell us more. :drama:

Thats the key huh. That many that are in scientology feel like something is wrong in one or another way, very often and during a very long time, and its all the time handled with ethics like ow-write ups or pts-handlings to lead one back on the right path. its kind of making yourself feeling guilty for even qustioning certain things that seems wrong.

Its still hard for me to sort out scientology-thinking and what IM really thinking, and how life really is, to be honest. But im getting there i think.

lie2meiluvit

Patron with Honors
Welcome JimLing :hug: It really saddens me to hear such things about the treatment of children in scientology. They're only little for such a short time and before you know it they're moving out and on their own.

JinLing

Patron
Welcome JimLing :hug: It really saddens me to hear such things about the treatment of children in scientology. They're only little for such a short time and before you know it they're moving out and on their own.

I know. Its painful to me that i didnt fully see this earlier. I didnt trust that weird feeling in my stomach when some senior or staff told me "they are thetans too but in small bodies, theyll understand". They dont understand why they are being left as much as they are, they are kids.

I can see my daughter who is pretty old now, and have had a scientology upbringing in many ways, share some of my problems with adapting to society like it is on the outside. It must be even worse for kids that spent all their childhood in the church.

What i dont like is that they dont have a freedom to choose. Thats one of my mainreasons to leave. What right did i have to choose over my childs life and path? If i let her be a seaorgmember from the beginning like they wanted, where does her dreams about being an artist or a doctor come in?

Her dreams would be finished right there.

JinLing

Patron
I just want to thank you all for welcoming me and replying and being nice. It brightened my last few days a lot. I dont think i had fully made my decision as i searched around the internet for "black pr" :whistling:

But now i have, and it feels as if my life might become better and easier in many ways now.

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron
You did the right thing

I just want to thank you all for welcoming me and replying and being nice. It brightened my last few days a lot. I dont think i had fully made my decision as i searched around the internet for "black pr" :whistling:

But now i have, and it feels as if my life might become better and easier in many ways now.

JinLing,

Yes, your life will be your own now. Also, your children need to be loved, nurtured and taken care of, not told they are 'out ethics' :duh: . By taking them away from scientology you proved that you are a good mother. They will be so much better off by being out of the cult.

Peace.

JinLing

Patron
JinLing,

Yes, your life will be your own now. Also, your children need to be loved, nurtured and taken care of, not told they are 'out ethics' :duh: . By taking them away from scientology you proved that you are a good mother. They will be so much better off by being out of the cult.

Peace.

lol

ive never used any scientologyterms with them like that. And they havent been to courses and so on, but when youre in scio yourself it kind of effects them either way.

When you think of it, its pretty cruel to not talk to a child in pain or comfort it, for example.

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
I know. Its painful to me that i didnt fully see this earlier.

Instead of feeling pain for not seeing this earlier, why not feeling happy, relieved and (OK I say it) proud, that you can see it now? :)

I didnt trust that weird feeling in my stomach when some senior or staff told me "they are thetans too but in small bodies, theyll understand". They dont understand why they are being left as much as they are, they are kids.

Thetans in small bodies, sure. :angry:

I can see my daughter who is pretty old now, and have had a scientology upbringing in many ways, share some of my problems with adapting to society like it is on the outside. It must be even worse for kids that spent all their childhood in the church.

I'm sure you learned the basic rules of your society, and you've taught your kids at least some of those, willingly or unconsciously. So some "foundation" is already there, which you can build upon. The rest will come in little snippets to learn every day.

What i dont like is that they dont have a freedom to choose. Thats one of my mainreasons to leave. What right did i have to choose over my childs life and path? If i let her be a seaorgmember from the beginning like they wanted, where does her dreams about being an artist or a doctor come in?

Exactly. :hattip:

I'm glad you're taking care for the future of your kids (and your own, I hope) :thumbsup:

You can now live by a new (and probably much smaller and more convenient ) set of rules. Enjoy.

lie2meiluvit

Patron with Honors
I know. Its painful to me that i didnt fully see this earlier. I didnt trust that weird feeling in my stomach when some senior or staff told me "they are thetans too but in small bodies, theyll understand". They dont understand why they are being left as much as they are, they are kids.
But you see it now and as a parent also I know first hand that we make mistakes and as long as we learn from them it's ok. Kids need to see that parents are human too and make mistakes as well. How we handle them is what they learn from us in coping with their own lives as adults.
She'll be fine. She will take this experience and use it in the future.

You not only saved yourself but saved her hopes and dreams for her future...ya did good MOM! :thumbsup:

JinLing

Patron
Well, after some time struggling like i just described we decided to leave, to move where we thought my husband would get better pay, at another org. He had also started on his internship at this point and got together the cash for OT III. Unfortunatly he needed a lot of further auditing on ot preps so the whole amount was basically spent on FPRD. It was kind of funny though, that we fought worse than ever after this, and on a daily basis we had to get enough money together for him to get in session and on training.

We had to live on pasta again most of the time. I remember one occassion where we just couldnt get the money together, all i had was about enough to feed our family for four days, and the solo staff were convincing me that i should give the money to my husband so he could get in session the following day. I tried so many times to explain that his whole salary could not go to the church, that we needed to eat as well, but they just sent me to ethics and the MAA had a go at me (very angry) about that she did understand why my husband thought all his salary should be spent on the bridge (well, he was also convinced that this was the only way, by them, hour after hour after hour that that was the only way out of our poverty, that he did the OT III so all would sort out, cause that was the reason for our financial trouble) and that i was spoiled. (well how about the kids? were they spoiled for needeing a place to live and eat?) Im telling you, im not a big spender at all and ive never ever had more money than about enough to survive a simple lifestyle.

Even when it was really impossible for him to get to the org because of work and no money, they would still call all day and night, until he borrowed money or took the last foodmoney that we had. Over and over. They would come home to us, causing a huge scene shouting outside our door so that the neighbours would all come out to see what was going on. I just wanted sometimes to spend a weekendday off with my husband, the kids never saw him for years, and im not kidding when i say that. They would usually go to bed long before he arrived home from post. When i told them i thought 2d was important i once got the comment with a weird look in their eyes "but its just a 2d..." For me my kids are one of the most important things in my life, and i felt that was a horrible thing to say.

Anyway. There was this solostaff standing outside our door knocking, ringing, shouting at us to open, i promise she was standing there for hours. (i understand why she did it and so on, i know how they feel and think about OTIII, but it was still very upsetting) And finally i opened the door, and she just stared at me and said she wanted to see my husband, and he went out. She was really pissed off at him and was standing shouting for quite some time (still with an audience of neighbours, i wounder what they thought.. lol... a so-member in a uniform probably look lika a cop or something to them.)

Anyways i was sent to ethics again after that incident, for having worn jeans and a top that the so-officer thought was an attempt by me to be sexy. It was a damn joke. It was a perfectly normal black, loose summertop in black that didnt really show any parts of my body exept my arms and shoulders. I had to explain all of that to the MAA later. But why? i thought. Cant i wear what i want in my own house on a weekend with my husband? Did we need to wear clothes while having sex too? Or did i need to be prepared clotheswise for SO-members showing up at my doorstep every night? Silly.

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron
May I have some more, please?

Keep it coming JL. You are doing great. I love your story because it is a great example to what extents the COS will go to to get money out of people. There is absolutely no way to keep any money you have for anything because the "greatest good" is the church's bank accounts getting filled. You don't have enough to buy food for your child? Too bad. Your are eating food that is too expensive. :screwy:

And then they hound you at your house! Shouting at you to produce the money! Geez. If I ever see an SO "officer" around where I live, I'd give them a good dousing with my garden hose.:D Then, I'd get my dog (if I had a dog, LOL) to chase 'em.

GreyWolf

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thank you so ,much for writing your story. I am sure things will get better. And I know personally that there is sobriety after scientology if you want it no matter what the regges try to tell you.

Love

Bob