What's new

miscellaneous biography and other BS

I was in the Co$ from 1968 to 1976. In that time I did OT levels, the briefing course, audited a good deal, ran courses, started a center which is now an org. I never joined the Sea Org. I did my best to dissuade any of my friends from doing that very stupid thing. My wife is higher trained than me, and started centers too.
We left in 1976, when the greed became too overwhelming in the Co$. It was more than apparent who was the source of the greed.

Many of our children did Scientology. My wife's oldest daughter was a Class Vlll at age 16. None of our kids joined the Sea Org.

I rock climb, scuba dive, ski, and do other dangerous things. I took /take my kids and now, grandchildren with me. Last week we were skiing with teens and five year olds.

When I took our 12 year old boy up a rock climb in Yosemite that is about 2000 feet vertical, my wife expected me to bring him back alive. And I did.

When my daughter and I go down over a hundred feet under water, my wife expects me to bring her back.

When I took my (then) 6 year old grandson off a cornice on an advanced ski slope, his father (my son) expected that I would bring him back.

In regards to the auditing, John McMaster, the first clear, told this story: He had been disaffected from his father. He (John) got a session, regarding his father, and cleaned some things up. Within a half hour, his father was phoning him from South Africa. I've heard and witnessed many similar tales from auditing.

We are all connected as beings. Your thoughts do influence your family and friends, and vice versa. Clean up one side, and the others' will change.

Our daughter wanted a specific job with a specific NGO. She was having no luck.

My wife prep checked her three days running. About an hour after the last session, my daughter had a bona fide job offer.

uniquemand

Unbeliever
I agree, again, Carmelo. That stuff is commonplace. It's not magic, either. When you are restricting your own will, or when you are coloring your transactions with others with self-doubt, or whatever, they'll pick up on it, and you won't be as thorough or effective.

I've had pretty uncanny experiences with running out o/w on people and then they suddenly are much more willing to work with me or listen to me, etc. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with my own resistance to working with them or allowing them to trust me changing, but sometimes it did seem powerfully unlikely transformations.

(and yes, my "viewer" failed to set their clock for DST, and we have rescheduled for Tuesday, so I can now read your earlier stuff).

Alan Walter was a great thinker, and I counted him a personal friend, though I never knew him in the flesh. I loved his SPIEPIR (is that right?) model, and used it a little bit back in the late 90's. I didn't like his emphasis on wealth, but perhaps I just have buttons about that term or that measure of success. I'm glad he wrote so many of his ideas down, it makes his loss more bearable.

And THAT... gentlemen.. is called auditing the pc in front of you....

There are those that have pain, to be sure. I do not, nor will I ever, belittle or invalidate that.
I have many friends still connected to the C of S that are in their own prisons.
Perhaps, one day, they will awaken. When they do, I will greet them with open arms.

Still, the tech of olde works when applied to the individual sitting in the chair.
One doesn't run "The Grade Chart". One observes and listens. Yes?

I've had the C of S parked in front of my home. I've seen the tactics.

The C of S and the TECH are, in my eyes, two separate items.
One is a machine, one can break it if applied with sanity, logic, and observation.

I prefer to pour the coals into the fire of create for now.

I plan on reading...SO MUCH READING HERE...lol.

Interjecting a shot in the arm from a newbie is what may be needed now and then... to recall the days, as such may have been, when the powers that "were" used them for good and not evil...

Love the pictures! My oldest just got married in November. My youngest travels the world when she can.

Life is an utterly amazing and wondrous game!

in no particular order:

check out the Apollo thread ( a mere 1,500 pages or so), many jewels are in there.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?10103-The-old-days-Aboard-the-Apollo-1973

Our youngest has been a premier frequent flier since she was 11. Currently, she's in Haiti, hobnobbing with the top echelons of the government. She graduated from a good school or two, pluswhich, she worked, as a card carrying member of SAG and AFTRA since she was four. She has ridden a horse across Mongolia. As a junior, won the toughest equine endurance race on the planet. Is a dynamite auditor. Speaks English, French, Italian, Arabic, Persian, Mandarin, Swahili, Spanish, and Creole. Moss doesn't grow under her feet.

here are some photos of her in action:

on Kilimanjaro:

attachment.php

in Rwanda:

attachment.php

at a conference:

attachment.php

our kids, for the most part, are geeks, but athletic geeks.

attachment.php

HP Aradia

Patron
WOW! Thank you for all of this wonderful information!

I have heard about Alan's Landmarkeducation.com site.

Where did Alan write or post what you just listed? Marvelous read!

Thank you again!

WOW! Thank you for all of this wonderful information!

I have heard about Alan's Landmarkeducation.com site.

Where did Alan write or post what you just listed? Marvelous read!

Thank you again!

I don't have any links. He posted on his own, "Prosperity List" which was killed. He posted on ACT and Clear l. A lot of his stuff is on the net, but I have no clue how to find it. Start with lightlink, Homer Smith's archives. The stuff I put up is on my hard drive. RogerB and Ted could probably point you in good directions.

My wife was friends with Alan. Our family did courses and stuff at his center and ranch.

power processes

Grade Five:

POWER PROCESSES

Quad Flows
Note on use of PR PR 1-3: Power processes 1, 2, and 3 are corrective processes and are used when the PC is not running well on Pr Pr 4, 5, or 6.

PR PR 1

Run Pr Pr 1 when there is no TA action on Pr Pr 4 or when the PC is committing present time Overts. A continuing Overt case is committing Overts as a solution.

F1. 1. What has another done to you?
2. What problem was he/she trying to solve?
3. What hasn't another said to you?
4. What problem was he/she trying to solve?

F2. 1. What have you done to another?
2. What problem were you trying to solve?
3. What haven't you said to another?
4. What problem were you trying to solve?

F3. 1. What has another done to another or others?
2. What problem were they trying to solve?
3. What hasn't another said to another or others?
4. What problem were they trying to solve?

F0. 1. What have you done to yourself?
3. What haven't you said to yourself?

Each Flow run to EP.

PR PR 2

Pr Pr 2 is used when the PC brings up only opposites (Dichotomies) on Pr Pr 5 and is collapsed into his Bank by former practices.

"Give me some practices, opinions or belief systems you have been
connected to, whether you left them or not." Run reading items.

F1. 1. What condition have you encountered in/with ______________?
2. How have you handled it?

F2. 1. What condition has another encountered in/with ______________?
2. Now has he/she handled it?

F3. 1. What condition have others encountered in/with ______________?
2. How have they handled at?

F0. 1. What condition have you encountered with yourself because of ______?

Each Flow run to EP.

PR PR 3

Pr Pr 3 is used when the PC has been destroyed by auditing or the organization or for those overwhelmed by some self-improvement practice.

F1. 1. What condition have you encountered in _______?
(Scientology™ or auditing, clearing, 'self-improvement practice')?

F2. 1. What condition has another encountered in _______?
2. How has he/she handled it?

F3. 1. What condition have others encountered in ______?
2. How have they handled it?

F0. 1. What condition have you encountered in yourself because of ____?
(Scientology™ or auditing, clearing, 'self-improvement practice')

Each Flow run to EP.

PR PR 4

(Note: Run Pr Pr 1 when there is no TA action on Pr Pr 4 or when the PC is committing present time Overts. A continuing Overt case is committing Overts as a solution.)

F1. 1. Tell me a source.
2. Tell me about it.
3. Tell me a no-source.
4. Tell me about it.

F2. 1. Tell me a source for another.
2. Tell me about it.
3. Tell me a no-source for another.
4. Tell me about it.

F3. 1. Tell me a source for others.
2. Tell me about it.
3. Tell me a no-source for others.
4. Tell me about it.

F0. 1. Tell me about yourself as a source.
2. Tell me about it.
3. Tell me about yourself as a no-source.
4. Tell me about it.

The End Phenomena of each of these processes is that the colors in the room seem brighter and the walls more solid. Run to this point and F/N VGIs.

Hilton: This is run to an EP of recognition of sources with F/N and a brightening of the space. The EP isn't reached on the awareness that one is source. The EP is an ability to recognize sources.

PR PR 5

(Note: Pr Pr 2 is used when the PC brings up only opposites (Dichotomies) on Pr Pr 5 and is collapsed into his Bank by former practices.)

F1. 1. What is?
2. What isn't?

F2. 1. What is for another?
2. What isn't for another?

F3. 1. What is for others?
2. What isn't for others?

F0. 1. What is for yourself?
2. What isn't far yourself?

Run to a floating needle and 3 consecutive answers in present time. The PC should have cycled up and down the track before that. If PC gives Dichotomies (i.e. good-bad etc.), go immediately to Pr Pr 2.

Hilton: This is run to F/N and a shift into present time.

PR PR 6

F1. 1. Tell me an existing condition.
2. Tell me how you have handled it.

F2. 1. Tell me an existing condition for another.
2. Tell me how he/she has handled it.

F3. 1. Tell me an existing condition for others.
2. Tell me how they have handled it.

F0. 1. Tell me an existing condition in yourself.
2. Tell me how you have handled it.

Run to a revivification of the incident that the PC is dramatizing and F/N VGIs.

Hilton: This is run to a reviv of the incident that the person is stuck in followed by a stable shift into awareness of present time.

Grade Five A:

POWER PLUS PROCESSES

Quad Flows

1B (1A was cancelled).

L & N to first Blowdown Item: "What person have you known?"

Run terminal in following processes.

F1. 1. What has _________ done to you?
3. What hasn't __________ said to you?

F2. 1. What have you done to _________ ?
3. What haven't you said to ________ ?

F3. 1. What has __________ done to others?
3. What hasn't __________ said to others?
4. What problem was he/she trying to salve?

F3A. 1. What have others done to __________ ?
3. What haven't others said to ________ ?

F0. 1. What have you done to yourself because of _______?
3. What haven't you said to yourself because of __________?

Each Flow run to EP.

1C

L & N to first Blowdown Item: "What place have you known?"

Run the place found in the following processes.

F1. 1. What has another done to you in _________?
3. What hasn't another said to you in _________?

F2. 1. What have you done to another in _________?
3. What haven't you said to another in _________?
4. What problem were you trying to solve.

F3. 1. What has another done to another in _________?
3. What hasn't another said to others in _________?

F0. 1. What have you done to yourself in _________?
3. What haven't you said to yourself in _________?

Each Flow run to EP.

1D

L & N to first Blowdown Item:
"What subject would you like to know more about?"

Run the subject found in the same processes as given in 1C (places), Quad Flows.

Each Flow run to EP.

Procedure first published by Ron Hubbard. As it is a procedure it can't be copyrighted.

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Alan didn't have anything to do with Landmark Education, HP Aradia, I don't think. His movement and study is called Knowledgism. Landmark is an evolution from EST, which stood for Erhard Seminar Training. When they got rid of Erhard, they changed the name to Landmark.

Last edited:
Re: HP Aradia Seeks Auditors To Share Workable Tech!

A FZer is a Scientologist. ...

Yes, as far as that goes. It doesn't require that they hold to a strict or even 'standard' interpretation of the scientology materials, nor that they necessarily eschew other approaches to spirituality. Freezone can cover a wide latitude of understanding & interpretation. It's a very broad tent.

http://my.qoop.com/store/Marc-W-Swa...Country-jpg-by-Swanson-qpps_6831015291111979/

Mark A. Baker

Off the Wall

Welcome HP Aradia. :clap: So glad you are here with all of Us. :yes:

Face :)

off the wall:

I've ridden our horses past Bill and Dave's houses for decades (Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard -- the H and P of HP), one of them (our horses, that is) is an Arabian. Is this, in any way, related to our new member?

enquiring minds want to know

one more thing

I've got work to do, and should have started hours ago.

The "old" scientology, which I experienced, was a lot looser than many of the current incarnations.

for example: when my wife ran the kids on the grades (as a Class VI or class VIII), she did it on a beach towel, on a beach, with people all around. LITERALLY

that, alone, probably wouldn't pass muster today.

fuck 'em, fuck 'em all!

results are what count, not form.

how your clients or children turn out is the best examiner's report.

are they winning in life?

that's all that matters.

uniquemand

Unbeliever
In that case, my children are winning.

:)

However, that really only means I didn't fuck them up, somehow. What they do with themselves, beyond dramatizing, is their own choice. If they chose to be junkies and kill themselves, that wouldn't mean I was a bad parent, or that my philosophy was bad. It would be they made a bad choice (IMO). Since they don't do what I tell them, they are not a reflection of me. I wish they were! One is a wonderful mathematician, and the other is a successful model. I wish their success was my success. As it is, I'm happy as a clam(tm) about them and for them, but my success is measurable only in what I do.

I've run sessions outside, and had them run on me, and I think that would be find for straightwire, or some forms of objectives, but when deeply emotional matters (or O/W) are being run, I would, personally, want privacy.

something I wrote, but don't remember why or when

What I wanted to say is that I never really noticed that LRH said O/Ws underlie ARC Xs. Yes, I did the BC, yes I remember him ranting on and on about a missed W/H blah blah blah. That concept never grabbed my attention ever.

I was inculcated in auditing by one, Phil Spickler, at the Santa Clara, Menlo Park, Atherton, Palo Alto Scio joints. You audit the PC in front of you.

I guess others across the globe never got the memo.

Let’s just take myself, my wife, and our youngest daughter as a focus group.

My choice in life is to create, re create, make, and foster LOVE. That is my raison de ete.

My daughter digs knowledge.

My wife is an order creating person.

If one audits generically, cookie cutter fashion, one size fits all, some processes are going to be hits, some misses. This especially applies to Standard Tech and programs required.

If you audit the person in front of you, you tailor make your auditing to help them understand, perceive, and act within their goals, their dreams, their aspirations, on their journey of love, knowledge, Order, or whatever.

An O/W can be the basic on a desire to leave. So can a recoiling from chaos. A good auditor knows the question to ask of the PC in front of him/her. It really isn’t a rote process. You are in an interchange with the person you’re auditing. You aren’t reading from a script written in 1966 by a dead guy.

You help the PC get to being who they want to be, doing what they want to do, having what they want to have. It is not like a cattle chute, where everyone goes through the very same gate to Oat Tea land. You help the person become their idea of themselves, not LRH’s grade chart completion.

In that case, my children are winning.

:)

However, that really only means I didn't fuck them up, somehow. What they do with themselves, beyond dramatizing, is their own choice. If they chose to be junkies and kill themselves, that wouldn't mean I was a bad parent, or that my philosophy was bad. It would be they made a bad choice (IMO). Since they don't do what I tell them, they are not a reflection of me. I wish they were! One is a wonderful mathematician, and the other is a successful model. I wish their success was my success. As it is, I'm happy as a clam(tm) about them and for them, but my success is measurable only in what I do.

I've run sessions outside, and had them run on me, and I think that would be find for straightwire, or some forms of objectives, but when deeply emotional matters (or O/W) are being run, I would, personally, want privacy.

auditing in a crowded room, where everybody is hearing everyone else, such as the original bc, kicks ass. when you can say you stole, jacked off, etc with hundreds of ears picking you up, you have arrived.

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Might not be the right "gradient" for someone who was deeply troubled and completely new to the subject. I think I'd be okay with most of it, now, but there are still things that I think would be better kept private. Not because I care, particularly, what people think of my actions or thoughts, but because life does continue to occur outside of session, and not everyone is on your team.

Veda

Sponsor
Re: ROSE COLORED GLASSES?

What I wanted to say is that I never really noticed that LRH said O/Ws underlie ARC Xs. Yes, I did the BC, yes I remember him ranting on and on about a missed W/H blah blah blah. That concept never grabbed my attention ever.

-snip-

Not noticing or ignoring doesn't make something not exist.

Per Scientology "tech," "Keyed-in," "ARC break in restimulation," and ongoing "missed withhold" are essentially the same "mechanism." Some "charge" somewhere in the background of person's mind has been touched or triggered, as in touching a nerve, making the person uneasy.

Scientology has been a totalist mind-control cult for the last fifty or so years. Yes, I know it didn't seem that way to those involved in the "good old days," but it was, nonetheless.

In was in Hubbard's interest to make people into perfectly smooth round ball bearings, but that is not necessarily the ideal state of being, is it?

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
auditing in a crowded room, where everybody is hearing everyone else, such as the original bc, kicks ass. when you can say you stole, jacked off, etc with hundreds of ears picking you up, you have arrived.

Yup. And when you're the auditor and have to lip read (well, do it telepathically) because you can't hear the pc over the din and not only do the sessions go well but it gets to be easy after a bit, that's the other side of it. :)

Paul