What's new

Now try and tell me there's no God!

Winston Smith

Flunked Scientology
Holy Shit! (no pun intended!) (no, really!) :unsure:

Thanks Winston. Yes it is easy to trash, especially with those with no faith and especially especially those who have been programmed and indoctrinated who refuse to have faith because it may remind us of the pain we had to endure at the hands of a megalomaniacal , greedy occultist with no god other than money. :grouch:

I like your words Winston. I almost always have. I struggle these days with the spiritual connection I was developing years ago. Sadly, I was still partially indoctrinated while trying to find my spot in the universe. Now, after recent multiple disasters in my life, I am confident that I can shake loose the indoctrination by negating it in it's entirety for the time being and once again pursue my innate spirituality and walk the path written for me. Oops! there I go again! Divine Guidance. How dare I????!!!!! :unsure:

AXIOM: This is MY reality. Challenge that one! How long does it take to remove two years of indoctrination and 30 years of applying that indoctrination in every aspect of day-to-day living. If you're so special to have concluded what is clam and what is not clam in your mind then Kudos to you! Would you mind sharing exactly how you did that? :confused2:

[/I]

Technically speaking, this entire paragraph is dookie dookie. :unsure:

Deep thanks, Zorg. I do not wear my faith on my sleeve, in fact I lurk around God more than proclaim any certainty. It hit me from your first post however that YOU were deeply affected and perhaps can find no other explanation for what occurred. That is exactly how I come upon my faith--just dozens of unexplained, unexplainable events in my life. One of the early events was walking out of the door of FCDC for the last time. I was not under any duress, they did not send a posse after me, I just left.

Looking back it was the key decision of my life. If I had not made it, the wonderful life I have led would never have happened. (And I say wonderful life even with 3 heart attacks, debilitating kidney disease ending on dialysis and other maladies.) Speaking of which, on January 3rd last, three days after celebrating my son's wedding, I had congestive heart failure, the same which killed Elizabeth Taylor. I have never in my extensive medical history been more certain that I was going to die. Congestive heart failure is where it cannot pump properly because it is surrounded by excess fluid--the end sensation is that of drowning. I looked at the EMT and matter-of-fact said "I am going to die." Then I passed out...but I do not know how in hell I am writing this even now. How about God?

It does not matter that we are in a tiny minority.

Just to add one last point, I later went back to the EMT to thank him and he said very seriously, "I have had patients scream "I am going to die!!" over and over again and they always make it. But I have never had a patient look me in the eye like you did and state it like that without actually dying. I thought you were not going to make it."

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Hmm.. I'm slightly disappointed that this thread about airplane accident's with happy endings went the way it has.. About God intervening in mere human affairs..

Fact is the idea leads to hell!

Coz', if God is saving some people from accidents.. It follows that God is punishing those who don't get saved.. Think about it..

In fact I smell SP/PTS tech in this.. Those who have bad things happening to them are SP's or PTS.. They're contagious bad people to be avoided.. Don't get on any airplane trip with any of those characters aboard. The plane might crash, and who says God won't accept 'collateral damage' when he's out to get 'em?

The christians were pretty 'good' at this kind of thinking in the dark middle ages. Back then SP's were 'people with evil eyes' and witches. And there's some truly embarrassing tales about shunning people who got 'punished by God'.

Well, some radical islamists claimed that 9/11, 2001 WTC was an act of God.. Those who flew jetliners into WTC were warriors of Allah after all.. Well, I think that was an act of those who flew the planes..

A few years later, in 2003, an earthquake hit the city of Bam in Iran, killing 26000 people.. Well, things like earthquakes are commonly called 'acts of God', as opposed to something humans did or was responsible for.. Even so, I consider that a figure of speech. I don't think God actually caused the earthquake, or that God wanted to punish all those people.

:yes:

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron
YES! The 'pick-and-choose' God exists, Santa Claus and the Easter bunny go bowling together and the fairy godmother has long blonde hair and big knockers.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Angelo,

Everyone has different ideas about God. Even within Christianity, there are many different theologies.

So yes, people should pick and choose. "God" is esoteric and ephemeral.

Winston Smith

Flunked Scientology
I don't give a Goddamned shit whether you like my fucking posts or not. I just don't care about that. Take it or leave it, or trash it like you have. You see, I am a grouchy old man, and I often say contradictory things. But I still can live with myself at the end of the day. I have a clear conscience.

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.

If this is a "proof of God" it is in the survival of the pilot. The freezing temperatures would have lowered the oxygen use in the brain, and the liver would have taken over the maintenance of the rest of his body. It amazes me that more skin wasn't abraded from his body.

I think the biggest bitch in all of this is Metric vs Imperial. Any PC hacker knows full well that Metric screws in drives and brackets are a fucking nightmare for "sort of fitting", and then failing to come back out, or stripping the thread.

I am still incensed by the Concorde disaster, and fail to understand why Condorde was penalized when it was a badly fitted DC-10 bracket (again because of the wrong screws) that had fallen on the runway and caused the crash.