What's new

Ok, here's a criticism

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
  • DMSMH - the person is in no way responsible for his case
  • The mid-fifties definition of clear - the person creates his own aberrations
  • 1967 OT3 - BTs are responsible for the person's case
  • 1981 HRD - the person is responsible for his creation of case
  • 1981 NOTs - BTs are responsible for the person's case

Lionheart:

Thank you for this. Nowadays it goes one step further in the Sea Org, where you are resonsible (as blame) for your own case and everyone elses. Thats where it was at when I walked out.

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
Lionheart:

Thank you for this. Nowadays it goes one step further in the Sea Org, where you are resonsible (as blame) for your own case and everyone elses. Thats where it was at when I walked out.

Oh yes, there was plenty of responsible-as-blame in my time too and of course if you were not signed up for the duration, upstat, on-source, etc then you were really to blame! :(

But I'm talking about something much higher up the tone scale than blame. It's a joyful, blissful cause! :) I hope everybody got at least glimpses of that and maybe still have that wonderful, released feeling!

The responsible-as-blame thing that the SO had/has is simply a dramatisation of Ron's blaming others! They are just being Ron - poor fools - a fate worse than death! That is not a responsibilty-for-creation-of-case as was the high-toned released state that was the plus goal of the lower Scn grade chart. It is the opposite really.

Responsibilty is a bad word for it as the word is linked with the word blame. I believe the goal of realisation was more a kind of joyful, blameless wonder of life!

The ISB expressed it wonderfully in those days:
"Here to build in words of glory
No one made my sad sad story
No one, no one , but me!"

This grade Chart flip-flop that Ron created is to do with who wrote the sad, sad story of self!

Some of the Scn technology let you conclude that you did, some of it evaluated for you that others did.

Ultimately Ron failed to apply the technology to himself and lurched from one problem/crisis to another and the Cof S is still doing so because they are being him!

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi Lionheart,

I just wanted to say that I'm really enjoying your posts.

I hope you stick around and keep telling your stories.

Cheers!

Hi Emma

I've been out twice as long now as I was in, so I've had plenty of years to think about it!

Romuva

Patron Meritorious
Romuva,

You have a good point on this and I reminded me of something I felt I have to comment on. I was talking to a friend of mine in OSA one time and we somehow got onto the subject of psyches and psyche drugs. Me being a C/S at the time, I had run into many, many cases where a person had taken psyche drugs. I got very good at determining which were ok for auditing, and which were not. I learned all about psyche drugs (chemically). Anyways, I asked him why the psyches are targeted instead of the drugs and drug companies themselves? Ever notice the main concentration is on the people who distribute them? Know why? The answer was because the drug manufacturers are way too powerful and they cannot be taken down by Scn. So they decided to attack the messenger - the psyche.

Hi whatever,you're right ,it is a good point you make.There are certain organizations that Sci knows they can't take on.So they target a smaller
group that is more attainable for their agenda.It's an excellent observation
you made.

and clearly Physchiatrists are also obstacles for scientology world goals.

I feel,Scientology always had an advantage as well during the cold war if
they could somehow link the activities of the soviets ,particuliarly in the
field of Physchiatry to Western Physchiatry.Which now ,as the cold war
has now ended. There is more being learned all the time about what the actual soviet physchiatric apparatus was and more documentation of
its abuses is unfolded.The KGB still has documents that are private and
in some cases,like the baltics, some of the files were actually destroyed.Some recovered
and archived.

Scientology,wasn't the first organization to try and do this.Many legitimate
diaspora displaced persons groups were trying to document soviet abuses
and petition the U.S. government.There were numerous protests,petitions,
pleas ect.

Even now, as you mentioned the objectives towards Physchaitry seem
to be the same.

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
So my point, generally, is that it was probably others who were mostly responsible for developing the best parts of the tech and Ron who invalidated both those people and their part in the development.

Alan, I have just discovered your thread: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=33

Where I see you did name many early developers of the tech. What wonderful info, sorry I hadn't read it before I started spouting off! :eek:

I'd love to hear any more info you have about who developed what and how Hubbard reacted to them. It would be marvellous to have your first-hand recollections for the record. (only if you want to of course! ;) )

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron
Alan, I have just discovered your thread: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=33

Where I see you did name many early developers of the tech. What wonderful info, sorry I hadn't read it before I started spouting off! :eek:

I'd love to hear any more info you have about who developed what and how Hubbard reacted to them. It would be marvellous to have your first-hand recollections for the record. (only if you want to of course! ;) )

Lionheart: I'm glad you had not read my thread.......that meant your observations were independent of mine.....:)

I would very much like to put an accurate record together......also there was quite a bit of suppression of causative technology.

At the moment I have other actions I am busy with....:mad:

Alan

Last edited by a moderator:

Whitedove

Patron Meritorious
When I decided to get on the internet and learn more about LRH and the tech that is when I discovered that Ron was doing black magic in the 40s, that his son Jr. said that $cientology was black magic spread over a long period of time, that Ron said that Jesus was a pedophile and also (contradiction) that Christ was an implant (so which one is true? :eyeroll: ) and...OT III!!!! :duh:

Took me awhile to decide to read it even after I left $cientology. Took me years.

So, if the 'tech' is based on black magic, aliens and a deny of Christianity how in the world can any of the 'tech' could have any GOOD meaning in the end?

How can I even use a part of the 'tech' in my life knowing what I know now. :unsure:

What gets me is that even knowing all this, when I got into $cientology I felt a certainty I never felt before about life and that is what is so hard to get rid even if I DO know all this. Its like taking away what keeps me going in life. :dizzy:

Someone said on this board we are 'damage goods'. I believe that is true. For me anyhow.

Humm...am I pessimist today or what?!

Whitedove

Whitedove,

You know, everyone is, in some way "damaged goods". Don't matter if one was in or not, there's a whole range of things just in day to day life that make us "broken" in some aspect; maybe you've had a bad relationship, a bad work experience, maybe your folks beat you when you were a kid or you've been wrongfully accused in life of whatever. It happens, and it leaves it's scars. It's small wonder people reach daily for something they think'll pull them out of that broken-ness. Sometimes it's destructive, but in a way you don't see right away, sometimes it's something you know that is immediately harmful, like drugs or booze, but you don't care because you just don't wanna feel the pain of being broken anymore.

Been there, done that.

As far as the Tech goes, even if I, personally, don't believe in it, I have to acknowlege that it wasn't all steepd in black magic and BS. For some people it's the more pure aspects that work for them from what I've read. There are those, after all, who say that Hubbard initially had a little bit of a grip on something, and they have tried to gasp that even after they're out. I think the trick is in trying to find out in that mess what wasn't tainted by "other-intention" in the tech, and that can be a hell of a task in itself. For some, I'm sure it's easier (and safer) to just toss it all on the scrapheap in case they make the wrong choice.

One could argue equally that some
organizations had a forceful agenda of their own.

but it's strange some radical organizations were left alone and some targeted.

Hey, Rom... I wanted to tackle this bit of your post on it's own...

First, I just wanted to say it's really cool reading your posts. N. America tends to be rather insular when it comes to anything happening anywhere else in the world. If it ain't happening in N. America, it ain't worth talking about, you know? At first, when you came here, I kinda scratched my head, since you had a kind of political angle on many things, and I was wondering what that was all about, but what I've come to realize is that everything is political. It can be as large as a nation or small as a family unit, everything has some measure of politico attatched to it. Now I see that your political overviews on a lot of stuff is really handy and gives a different, but not unwelcome, perspective....

Now, with that said, let's get to it. As far as some organizations being left alone and some actively hunted, one has to wonder; exactly why were those that were left alone, left alone? I know that many governments will turn a blind eye to potentially harmful movements if they're getting somethng from them. This has been hinted at with Jonestown. There are certain folk who say that Jonestown was a huge CIA op that was an experiment in brainwashing/personality control: isolate a bunch of people, change their mode of thought, change their allegiance, for example from their family to a single persuasive and charismatic entity like Jim Jones and see if they'll drink the Kool-Aid. Some even say Jones was heavilly bankrolled by the CIA for his data in modifying human behaviour.

Now, apply that to Scientology. Scientology is behavioural control, the personal giving up of self to the group. I tend to think of it as a Joenestown that is more in the open, worldwide and spread over a larger population base.

P.S.: You grew up in the Stalinist/Kruschev era? Dude... ouch!

Romuva

Patron Meritorious
Hey, Rom... I wanted to tackle this bit of your post on it's own...

First, I just wanted to say it's really cool reading your posts. N. America tends to be rather insular when it comes to anything happening anywhere else in the world. If it ain't happening in N. America, it ain't worth talking about, you know? At first, when you came here, I kinda scratched my head, since you had a kind of political angle on many things, and I was wondering what that was all about, but what I've come to realize is that everything is political. It can be as large as a nation or small as a family unit, everything has some measure of politico attatched to it. Now I see that your political overviews on a lot of stuff is really handy and gives a different, but not unwelcome, perspective....

Now, with that said, let's get to it. As far as some organizations being left alone and some actively hunted, one has to wonder; exactly why were those that were left alone, left alone? I know that many governments will turn a blind eye to potentially harmful movements if they're getting somethng from them. This has been hinted at with Jonestown. There are certain folk who say that Jonestown was a huge CIA op that was an experiment in brainwashing/personality control: isolate a bunch of people, change their mode of thought, change their allegiance, for example from their family to a single persuasive and charismatic entity like Jim Jones and see if they'll drink the Kool-Aid. Some even say Jones was heavilly bankrolled by the CIA for his data in modifying human behaviour.

Now, apply that to Scientology. Scientology is behavioural control, the personal giving up of self to the group. I tend to think of it as a Joenestown that is more in the open, worldwide and spread over a larger population base.

P.S.: You grew up in the Stalinist/Kruschev era? Dude... ouch!

Hey OB,No it wasn't me it was my family in Lithuania that was.I'm 2nd generation basically O.B. my second /third cousins live there and were
brought up there.I'm American myself but I keep in contact with my
family there and help them out.I contacted them about 10 years ago
after the end of the S.U.

but I have heard everything and anything from my family and the community.
It's the same story:We have Russians,Polish,Armenians,Estonians and Latvians
living in Boston.So you get the usual story talking to alot of these people.
They can give you the whole deal of what it was like there.post soviet worlds
are strange and often hard for westerners to understand.I have to admit,I'm
always learning myself.Like talking to ex-scientologists.I learn more the more I discuss.

Some of us had left after WWII and always had connections and some people
like me ,later on established them.Keep in mind we were shut off for 50 years.
If you visited the SU(were authorized) you were constantly monitored by the KGB.Your room was bugged ,people would follow you.ect.

If you go to someones house sometimes they won't answer the door.It's
not because they don't want to see you.It's because of the years of fear
and anxiety of who was knocking at your door....It's still like that ,especially
with elderly people...Just one example of many.

When you deal with the former soviet union it can be an insular world too.
Everybody is a little suspicious of foreigners and people they don't know.
It's very hard at times to communicate with people and gain some trust.
Just getting to know somebody can take a long time.Alot of the similar
effects you see with people in cults you see on some levels with people
in S.S.R...I call it SSR because in some ways it still hasn't changed.

My political take is I'm not a big fan of anything Totalitarianism or deception.
Having some basic Sci experience myself and now seeing some of the after
effects of the soviet union I can relate alot of the similarities together.
They're very different and at the same time similar.I feel I can contribute
a little to the discussion and read what people tell me here.

I have seen something like communism and the post-relaity with my own eyes so I'm not a big
fan of it but I'm not a big fan of capitalism necessarily and commercial
influence from foreign sources.I don't think you need to prototype some commercial crap all over the world.I think it's important for people and countries to preserve their culture,language,history.ect.

Yeah with movements that were left alone .I think the rationale was if they
weren't advocating anarchy and violence alot of times they had to be respected for constitutional reasons.

Last edited:

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron
When I decided to get on the internet and learn more about LRH and the tech that is when I discovered that Ron was doing black magic in the 40s, that his son Jr. said that $cientology was black magic spread over a long period of time, that Ron said that Jesus was a pedophile and also (contradiction) that Christ was an implant (so which one is true? :eyeroll: ) and...OT III!!!! :duh:

Took me awhile to decide to read it even after I left $cientology. Took me years.

So, if the 'tech' is based on black magic, aliens and a deny of Christianity how in the world can any of the 'tech' could have any GOOD meaning in the end?

How can I even use a part of the 'tech' in my life knowing what I know now. :unsure:

What gets me is that even knowing all this, when I got into $cientology I felt a certainty I never felt before about life and that is what is so hard to get rid even if I DO know all this. Its like taking away what keeps me going in life. :dizzy:

Someone said on this board we are 'damage goods'. I believe that is true. For me anyhow.

Whitedove

It is a matter of intention.

Hubbard stole from many sources........earlier he admited he took from many sources.

Jet planes take you from one place to another.

Jet planes drop bombs.

Both use much of the same Tech......

You can fly from one place to another in a jet bomber......that doesn't drop bombs.....its all a matter of intent......and whether you got bombs to drop....:)

One of the best things to do to sort out the confusion is to make a list of what worked for you and gave you the feelings of certainty.

The Tech is not LRH.....just as a plane is not the pilot.

Alan
________

Last edited by a moderator:

Tachikoma

Patron
Romuva,

I can identify with what you say to a degree. I come from a country that had all the hallmarks of their allies in WW II.

The Germans had the Gestapo (and Auschwitz), the USSR had the KGB (and Lubyanka) and my people had what were called the "Kempetai". Take the worst of the KGB and the gestapo, and you have the Kempetai.

The Japanese are well known for taking an idea or practice and refining it. We were no different when it came to the fracturing of human spirits, taking what we found in the USSR and Germany and concentrating what was learned to a high artform, if you can call it that. The "night fog", which is what you speak of, became feared... the knock on the door in the middle of the night to "disappear" the troublemakers, those who were interested in freedom, human rights... they "went away".

The artists, cartoonists of the day, they were either made to capitulate and generate propaganda or were systematically destroyed.

The Kempetai would take the tortures they learned of in Russia and Germany and bring them home and make them into perfect instruments of terror. For example, someone who was to be tortured would be made to kneel on triangular blocks of wood that would bite into the shins while their arms were tied up behind them in such a way that the wrong move would disclocate the shoulder joints. This was often in conjunction with getting "confessions" from the victim that they were having wrong thoughts against "Tenno" (the Emperor).

Such was the Japanese way of thinking. Even in Manchukuo, Harbin and Mukden, China the subjugated were thought of as nothing more than "maruta" (timber) for experiments by Iishi Shiro and his now infamous "Unit 731" biological warfare unit in unholy experiments.

No nation or political entity is above inhumane treatment of its own people, nevermind that of subjugated countries.

Romuva

Patron Meritorious
Tachikoma ,that was really interesting ,I didn't know that about Japan.
I'm pretty clueless when it comes to Japanese history.thanks for sharing that.

Yeah,each country has it's own unique form of totalitarianism and system.

I remember actually having a conversation with an Albanian guy(Boston
has a pretty good size of Kosovar/Albanian immigrants) and he was explaining
the strange world of living under Hoxha communism.I guess my understanding
of Hoxha was he was a great admirer of Mao.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albanian_Party_of_Labour

I remember the Albanians were having a big party at the social club I belong to and they kept asking me and other club members "Are you police?"
We had to explain who we were.They were fine with that after a while.

It's strange,with the people I talk to in my community.They never really
trust you and they never quite establish a friendship with you.

The Kempetai would take the tortures they learned of in Russia and Germany and bring them home and make them into perfect instruments of terror. For example, someone who was to be tortured would be made to kneel on triangular blocks of wood that would bite into the shins while their arms were tied up behind them in such a way that the wrong move would disclocate the shoulder joints. This was often in conjunction with getting "confessions" from the victim that they were having wrong thoughts against "Tenno" (the Emperor

The NKVD supposedly were doing the same thing with a brick or cinder-block to men.
Rather not get into details.(they would place the block over a certain place )They would keep doing it until a person confessed.

I don't think it really matters if you write it out on a piece of paper coerced or the extreme
examples we mentioned.

I think it makes quite a point in itself.Forced confession

Last edited:

Richiedagger

My Criticism

Scientology and the placebo effect.

"placebo effect n.

The beneficial effect in a patient following a particular treatment that arises from the patient's expectations concerning the treatment rather than from the treatment itself.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language"

Anyone entering Scientology is told that Scientology works and gets results. Then you learn, if it's not working, it's YOUR fault. You have no case gain which means you're either PTS or an SP. The workability and viability of the Tech is not at question EVER. It's YOUR fault.

Believe me, I was a Scientologist since the late 70's and was in the SO for years. I too had many "wins" or "gains" but realized much later after being out of Scientology for several years, that I was having the same and even much better wins and gains just living my own life to the fullest.

People in Scientology make gains because they want to or expect that they will. And after years and years of paying thousands of dollars for intensives and courses, most of your friends being Scientologists and possibly even working for a Scientology business, you would feel like an idiot if you thought there was anything wrong with Scn. I guess most Scientologists run with the ignorance is bliss crowd.

If you are told enough times that you will feel better by drinking the medicine, even if the medicine has no real medicinal value, you will probably feel better based on your thoughts alone. This IS scientifically proved BTW.

KSW is one of the first things you read when you've decided to take Scientology further than the basic course. Doesn't that hit you like a ton of bricks? The message is, you do it this way and think only this way OR ELSE. Oh yeah, but we're non-denominational as well, so you can still retain your Christian beliefs - NOT!

What a sack of BS lies. Right from the start.

I know everyone has the right to their own opinions and beliefs and I'm a firm believer in free thinking. What I don't get is that there are many people it seems who have witnessed or experienced major atrocities in Scientology and see the truck loads of out-points, decide to leave it, but then still have this fascination with the Tech and still believe that it works. Come again? Do you really think it's just the new broom and management at fault? That's like blaming the last owner of a used car for the faulty transmission problems that were drawn up in the original plans by the manufacturer.

Once the curtain has been drawn and you've seen the Great Oz sitting there, a paranoid, creepy little old man, why would you still wonder if what he was offering was still valid?

Any organized group that has it's own prison camps for people who want to leave or who have made mistakes on their jobs can't be good. How could you accept ANY information from this group as valid or helpful? Wouldn't all of that data just be the tools applied to get you more and more into it's control and its grips over you?

This process starts right at the beginning. Remember the CCHs? Getting you into a frame of mind where you have no problem with controlling or being controlled? The process that takes hours and hours sometimes of the auditor walking you around the room, turning your body for you, etc... Very hypnotic right?

Man, the more and more I look at the Tech, the more I realize that it's the Tech to turn you into a complete controllable zombie and then you end up in the actual cult of the cult - the Sea Org.

What would I do without knowing what I know from yelling at ashtrays?

Thank God that most of us here came to our senses, got the hell out and see Scientology for what it really is! Life has been awesome for me since leaving. I really hope yours has been too.

Peace,

Richie :happydance:

Pixie

Crusader

Whitedove

Hi Whitedove, I agree totally with what you're saying here. It was possibly me who said we are 'damaged goods', that's for sure how I still feel anyway and you're right about the certaintly bit. For me also it was the first 'certaintly' I'd had in my life too, so when that's gone and you realized you were lied to, it's difficult to get over that, you just feel so betrayed and your trust has been shattered so it's difficult to trust anything now so you just don't trust at all. I mean you go around for years thinking your life is shit because your 'case' needs handled, you need to 'go OT' and that this is the problem, then you.. wake up, or at least try to, and how does one really recover, I mean really get over all that false data you've been fed for years? I have no idea. I don't think you're a pessimist, it's just the way it is, it's a pessimistic subject. I sometimes don't feel I have the right to talk about my story when I read others, and also the way other people are living in this life, but perhaps talking about it is the only way out.

Pixie

Crusader
This process starts right at the beginning. Remember the CCHs? Getting you into a frame of mind where you have no problem with controlling or being controlled? The process that takes hours and hours sometimes of the auditor walking you around the room, turning your body for you, etc... Very hypnotic right?

Man, the more and more I look at the Tech, the more I realize that it's the Tech to turn you into a complete controllable zombie and then you end up in the actual cult of the cult - the Sea Org.

What would I do without knowing what I know from yelling at ashtrays?

Thank God that most of us here came to our senses, got the hell out and see Scientology for what it really is! Life has been awesome for me since leaving. I really hope yours has been too.

Peace,

Richie :happydance:

Great post Richie! I agree, veeeery hypnotic!! That's exactly what we were, controlable zombies after one or two courses! Hard to believe to anyone reading who's not been there, but so true. That's why you can't explain any of this to friends who've not been in themselves, the friends I had before the cult and who are still my friends still think I was just 'going through something', I sure as hell was going through something, a cult mind trap! And what about the e-meter? Was that like a drug? A daily dose of electrical current? Is there a thread on the meter? Mmm.. must search.. so glad you're doing well Richie.. :thumbsup:

gomorrhan

Gold Meritorious Patron
The emeter is not a daily dose of electric current. That theory was a bust. It is used as advertised, but is not a magic wand or a crystal ball, just another way to determine when something is changing with the person. BTW, television is just as hypnotic as any auditing. Now go buy your Nine Wests!

Neo

Silver Meritorious Patron

"placebo effect n.

The beneficial effect in a patient following a particular treatment that arises from the patient's expectations concerning the treatment rather than from the treatment itself.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language"

Anyone entering Scientology is told that Scientology works and gets results. Then you learn, if it's not working, it's YOUR fault. You have no case gain which means you're either PTS or an SP. The workability and viability of the Tech is not at question EVER. It's YOUR fault.

From the genius of Steven Wright;

“I’m addicted to placebos. I’d give them up…but it wouldn’t make any difference.”

Think about it... :D

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
The emeter is not a daily dose of electric current. That theory was a bust. It is used as advertised, but is not a magic wand or a crystal ball, just another way to determine when something is changing with the person. BTW, television is just as hypnotic as any auditing. ...

So is a campfire.

Hypnosis is not the problem. We love hypnotic states as human beings. We need them.

It's the use of them to soften us up, to get deeper into our minds, to use it to transform the way we see the world into something Hubbard wanted us to see, so that he could get rich. Solely and only so that he could get rich, no matter the costs to us.

That's the problem with hypnosis.