What's new

Parkinson's Disease - Purif RD Link?

Mest Lover

Not Sea Org Qualified
I have wondered, for the years that I have known about my condition, if there was a link between the Purif RD and Parkinson's disease.

I have seen at least 1 other post with potential linkage.

I was on the Purif for 9 months at CLO EUS, overseen by the NY ORG C/S Debbie Indursky, and administered via the NY ORG Purif I/C Tom Wells.

That is the longest time I have ever been off coffee in my life. (since I was 8)

I was on 5000mg/day of niacin almost the whole time I was on the Purif.

I felt very strange nerve related buzzing in my arms and back towards the end.

I did not finish it. They pulled me off it to run a Sec Check for an unrelated issue that had nothing to do with me.

They never got a chance to put me back on, God helped me gain my freedom day.

I have been wondering if others have had a Purif/Parkinson's connection that may be turned into a Class action lawsuit to stop them from running that crap on other people.

AnonKat

Crusader
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/niacin-overdose/AN01644

Niacin overdose is unlikely if you take niacin only in the amount prescribed by your doctor. In recommended doses, niacin is an effective treatment for high cholesterol, high blood fats (lipids) and niacin deficiency.

You may have heard that too much niacin can be harmful because of Internet rumors. The rumors falsely state that by taking a large amount of niacin, people can flush the chemicals that show they've used marijuana out of their bodies before they take a drug test. No studies have shown that niacin can do this, and this can be very dangerous because it may lead to niacin overdose.

AnonKat

Crusader
I have wondered, for the years that I have known about my condition, if there was a link between the Purif RD and Parkinson's disease.

I have seen at least 1 other post with potential linkage.

I was on the Purif for 9 months at CLO EUS, overseen by the NY ORG C/S Debbie Indursky, and administered via the NY ORG Purif I/C Tom Wells.

That is the longest time I have ever been off coffee in my life.

I was on 5000mg of niacin almost the whole time I was on the Purif.

I felt very strange nerve related buzzing in my arms and back towards the end.

I did not finish it. They pulled me off it to run a Sec Check for an unrelated issue that had nothing to do with me.

They never got a chance to put me back on, God helped me gain my freedom day.

I have been wondering if others have had a Purif/Parkinson's connection that may be turned into a Class action lawsuit to stop them from running that crap on other people.

5000mg of niacin

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/04/27/AR2007042702610.html

I don't think it does something with parkinson but :

It is erroneously believed, the authors write, that massive doses of vitamin B3 can rapidly flush drugs from a user's body and produce a negative drug test for marijuana and cocaine by speeding up metabolism.

In reality, they write, it can prove toxic, causing heart palpitations, vomiting, blood sugar abnormalities and liver failure. The recommended daily dose of niacin is about 14 to 16 milligrams per day; the 14-year-old who was treated at Children's said he took 5,500 milligrams.

http://www.vitamins-supplements.org/vitamin-B3-niacin.php

Large doses of niacin can cause liver damage, peptic ulcers, and skin rashes. In the high doses used for controlling cholesterol levels (anything above 100mg/day), nicotinic acid can cause skin flushing and skin itching as well as headaches, lightheadedness and low blood pressure. Niacin may also aggravate peptic ulcer disease. Most stomach-related side effects usually go away over time. Taking niacin with food may prevent stomach discomfort. People with a history of liver disease or stomach ulcers should not take niacin supplements. High doses of vitamin B3 (75-mg or more) may cause liver damage. People who are pregnant, diabetic, or who suffer from asthma, liver disease, gallbladder disease, gout, glaucoma, or ulcers, should seek the advice of a medical professional prior to taking this vitamin. Nicotinic acid, but not nicotinamide in doses larger than 200 mg causes flushing by dilating the blood vessels, which can also cause the blood pressure to drop. High-dose nicotinic acid (approximately 3 grams daily) has caused impaired glucose tolerance in otherwise healthy individuals.

AnonKat

Crusader
http://cholesterol.emedtv.com/niacin/niacin-overdose.html

Of course, a niacin overdose may cause any of the usual niacin side effects, most notably flushing. Stomach upset and diarrhea are also likely. There have been reports of dangerously low blood pressure (hypotension) due to a massive overdose of niacin. Because niacin (even at normal doses) can cause liver problems, it is possible that a niacin overdose could cause significant liver damage, although this is most likely with chronic overdoses, not a one-time overdose.

People sometimes overdose on niacin to try to "beat" urine drug tests (which is both dangerous and ineffective).

Mest Lover

Not Sea Org Qualified

AnonKat

Crusader
I had smoked marijuana while I was a Teen, but not for years before joining the S.O.

I never did cocaine, lsd, amphetamines, barbituates, opiates or any other unprescribed drug.

I am addicted to caffiene.
I drink beer.

I am fairly straight edge other than that. X

Posted some more articles

As a vitamine taken in the recomended doses i's actually very benificial

Parkinson's patients often have a deficiency in niacin.

http://www.ehow.com/about_5510765_natural-nutritional-supplements-parkinsons.html

Hi Mestie! Parkinson's is a neurological issue, and any kind of chronic stressors over time overwhelm and exhaust the neurological system. I would think that a good personal injury/medical malpractice attorney could make a case for it.

All the best to you! I love all your avatar pictures!!! :happydance:

ULRC/S

Patron with Honors
9 months on the purif? WTF?

What EP were they hoping for?

F^%$#@g unbelievable!

I had great wins on the purif, but mine was more like 9 days than 9 months.

regards, Allen

Arthur Dent

Silver Meritorious Patron
9 months on the purif is nuts for the squirrels.
Clearly this was wrong per the purif materials and just in common sense. I don't know how many years ago you were on it or what kind of before and after medical records you have available for a legal case but by their own purif guidelines and policies it was incredibly non-standard and way off base.

Ted

Gold Meritorious Patron
9 Months!?! WTF?!?!

Two weeks and DONE. Two weeks, that's it!

Okay, maybe for some people, just maybe three weeks.

When your C/S and Purif Supervisor are looking for a "cognition" that you are free of drug and toxins, this is just stoopid. What kind of science is that? I call it medical malpractice. The body is the body. Sweat it, exercise it, feed it right, rest it, the body will respond. It will usually feel healthier whether you, the being, feel better or not.

But long-duration heat and exercise duress, this tears down the body, it doesn't build it up.

Sweating in the summer heat promotes good health: Natural News

This following info from the Niaspan web site. Note the side effects. They will not "run out" by taking more niacin. http://www.niaspan.com/

Important Safety Information and Uses You Should Know About
NIASPAN® (niacin extended-release tablets)

IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION

NIASPAN is not for people with liver problems, stomach ulcers, serious bleeding problems, or those allergic to any product ingredient.
Severe liver damage can occur when switching to a long-acting niacin (NIASPAN) from immediate-release niacin. All forms of niacin are not the same as NIASPAN. Do not switch between forms of niacin without talking to your health care provider.

Tell your health care provider about any unexplained muscle pain, tenderness, or weakness, as this could be a sign of a serious side effect. This risk may be increased when NIASPAN is taken with lovastatin or simvastatin, particularly in the elderly, diabetics and those with kidney or thyroid problems.

NIASPAN is associated with increases in liver enzymes. Your health care provider should do blood tests before and during treatment with NIASPAN to check liver enzyme levels. NIASPAN should be used with caution if you consume large amounts of alcohol.

Tell your health care provider if you have kidney problems, or a history of gout. NIASPAN may cause an increase in uric acid levels.
NIASPAN may cause an increase in blood sugar levels. If you have diabetes, check your blood sugar levels more frequently during the first few months or with NIASPAN dose changes.

The most common side effects include flushing, headache, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, increased cough, and itching.

Flushing (warmth, redness, itching, and/or tingling of the skin) is a common side effect of niacin therapy that may subside after several weeks of consistent NIASPAN use. Flushing may vary in severity and is more likely to occur with initiation of therapy, or during dose increases. By dosing at bedtime, flushing will most likely occur during sleep. However, if awakened by flushing at night, you should get up slowly, especially if feeling dizzy, feeling faint, or taking blood pressure medications.

If you are taking another cholesterol medication called a bile acid binding resin (e.g., colestipol) along with NIASPAN, take these medicines at least 4 to 6 hours apart.

Some medicines should not be taken with NIASPAN. Tell your health care provider about all the medicines you take, including aspirin, any cholesterol medication, blood pressure medication, or anticoagulants, also known as blood thinners, or any products containing niacin or nicotinamide.

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hey Mesty

Sorry to hear of your condition. I am going to guess that the stress involved maybe exascerbated the onset, which is usually later in life, say 60, though some say 50. Earlier onset is known too. I do not believe it is known yet, whether it is hereditary, but it might be, as closed societies have a higher rate of it, and if one has a close relative with it, espescially early onset, then chances are more likely.

Was it early for you? Any relatives with it? Also, it is often misdiagnosed, that is, symptoms diagnosed as, when not. With Parkinson's, men more often get tremors, women more often have trouble with walking.

I have a relative with it. I get nervouse whenever I notice aging symptoms . . . :nervous: :unsure: But until that day . . . well, even after that day, I will keep on dancing. Wanna dance???? :wink2: Take Care :yes:

_brian

WogRevert
Hey ML, I can totally understand your questioning the link with the purif . I too say :eek:wie: wtf 9 months

From Mest Lover
I *blame* many aspects of the Cult of $cn for what appears to be many outcomes or consequences such as, oh I don't know; *Death*, medical, psychological/psychiatric disorders, bankruptcy, etc... for different people for their involvement with it.

I did 2 purifs, one in 1980 and the second in 1995. During my second purif I suffered much on and off stomach cramps and bleeding in my stool and as I was in between health insurance plans, and didn't necessarily want to run to the ER, I was only able to call a telephone medical assistance service, but I don't even think I was relating doing the purif and my symptoms because the *tech" was too precious and infallible, besides with*planet saving* power, ugh, the usual *mindfuk think* of course.

I don't know what recommendations I was told over the telephone but I did inform the purif i/c who then had to forward the info to tech terminals, c/s etc., it was recommended to cut back on vit C for what I can remember now, but my symptoms continued on and off and I sneakily forced myself off the purif by originating being done and giving the best ep cog I could remember from having done the purif the first time which was lengthy and not spectacular with wins or results either btw.

Anyhow, my tl;dr version before I continue to ramble on. Having had those symptoms on and off since, I too wonder if doing the purif especially twice, contributed to the crohn's (type) disease I was diagnosed with in 2004. I had only considered that in the last couple of years.

It does seem that that amount of substances, whether it is even a gradually increasing dose of vits and mins, going into ones body for any prolonged periods, may have different effects on different persons biological system, which may develop actual conditions/symptoms or exacerbate, accelerate or escalate a dormant or a predisposed condition? OK, enough of my armchair theorizing.

I myself am dealing with some progressing and debilitating psychological and or neurological health issues that I feel were caused(exacerbated, accelerated, escalated, besides financial ruin) by my overall involvement with the Cult of $cn for almost 30yrs (another tl;dr derail for this thread). I have finally and fortunately managed to get on a new health insurance plan and have been doing some lab/test work initially with my GP Dr. to figure out what's going on and I have an appointment with a neurologist in a couple weeks, hopefully it'll start pinpointing the culprit and naming the condition(s) to know what to expect in the future. [/continued tl;dr]

I do hope you are able to get enough assistance to treat, manage or control your condition. My prayers also go to you and the relief of suffering you may be experiencing.

<3
From Mest Lover
God helped me gain my freedom day
Revel in it every day!

Peace

Brian

outb4the*knowerbelievers*muster