What's new

Persistence of Freezone public?

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Mark, thank you for a more polite answer. Honestly.

I rarely post in the FZ area. When I do, it is because the topic grabs my interest or because there is something specific I want to discuss with the FZ. But I hold my tongue on many of my opinions while here and try to be respectful. Because I respect others' rights to believe in whatever they want, even broccoli with ice cream as a bridge to freedom - as long as it does not hurt the rights of others - particularly children.

Regardless - it is true that both groups have slammed each other. It is also true that you are not shy about doing so on the regular exscn boards that are not FZ.

Point made both ways.

Not to be upsetting to anyone, but, truly, I've been on this and other boards a long long time and the only times I have seen Free Zoners be negative about those who are not is after having had something derogatory said to or about them. Whereas the inverse is not the case.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
LRH commented on OT 2 materials that in the future word meanings may change and one has to use the def that gives most TA.

He actually said to use the one that gives the most lasting read. In discussing this with my tech peers at Saint Hill we decided this meant to write down the three (say) options and call all three alternately, 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 1 etc. marking the reads, and after a bit only one would still read and so one should use that one.

Funnily enough, there was a foreign student who was doing OT2 in her native language. She noticed a mistake in the "official" translation, and applied this bit of tech to it and came up with a better translation for the word in question. I don't remember if she was applauded or shredded for her initiative.

I have no comment as to any underlying truth to this little bit of Hubbard tech. I could understand about the one that gives the most TA, but merely repeating a read (where the needle goes back to where it started to fall from) has no TA in it at all.

Paul

Smilla

Ordinary Human
CBR advised that those who hadn't gone clear on the clearing course,
look at the CC platens when doing OT 2. So I did that and it was incredibly active for a short while, and then presumably the composite case was
kicked apart some more, so I did a bit more OT 2 and had another run on OT 3.
Was well worth while.

Smilla, don't know what your problem was but it sounds like something that should have been addressed on life repair rather than OT 2.
It was addressed on every level from L/R to OT VII. I managed to get some results on the issue from outside Scn, so it's OK. Thanks for your reply.

Well bro/sister.

I came into Scientology and stayed in Scientology, because I was repeatedly promised that it would handle a certain serious problem I had. I had no interest in Hubbard or his cosmology - just wanted to deal with the problem. OT II was so impersonal and totally unrelated to me, that I was hugely disappointed, and felt betrayed. But I did it and found it boring. It must have fallen within your area of interest.

Does that explain it well enough, bro/sister?

I think BB has a good point. Sounds like YOUR concerns were never addressed. Whatever our differences about the subject of scientology I see that as a failure on the part of the church to address that in which you as a pc had an interest. I see that as a violation of fundamental principles.

Mark A. Baker

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Not to be upsetting to anyone, but, truly, I've been on this and other boards a long long time and the only times I have seen Free Zoners be negative about those who are not is after having had something derogatory said to or about them. Whereas the inverse is not the case.

Is that because they think it is 'natter' and therefore indicative of hideous 'overts/witholds' ... ?

Lol.

Perhaps we should be happy at how WELL we do all get on ... because really, under the circumstances, we do. I know that I am very fond of a lot of the FZ/indi scio's that come here, but I don't agree with the hubbard glorification at all.

:eyeroll:

In the end though, it is an EX scio board so the FZ/indi guys may never feel totally comfortable even in their own threads.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
[/B]

Is that because they think it is 'natter' and therefore indicative of hideous 'overts/witholds' ... ?

Lol.

Perhaps we should be happy at how WELL we do all get on ... because really, under the circumstances, we do. I know that I am very fond of a lot of the FZ/indi scio's that come here, but I don't agree with the hubbard glorification at all.

:eyeroll:

In the end though, it is an EX scio board so the FZ/indi guys may never feel totally comfortable even in their own threads.

No, not really. It's mainly that nobody really likes being denigrated and most people WILL tend to stand up for themselves.

And, well, yes this is an ex member board. But it does have a Free Zone section and an Independent section. I find myself bemused by those who come to those sections and indicate dismay over seeing pro tech or "advertising" (of Scn) posts there. That's like going to a forum with a recipe section and being unhappy about seeing piecrust recipes.

AnonLover

Patron Meritorious
And, well, yes this is an ex member board. But it does have a Free Zone section and an Independent section. I find myself bemused by those who come to those sections and indicate dismay over seeing pro tech or "advertising" (of Scn) posts there. That's like going to a forum with a recipe section and being unhappy about seeing piecrust recipes.

good analogy... much better than the one i was coming to realize with all the drama in this thread:

The Freezone subforum up here is ESMBr's politically correct equivalent of the thunderdome on WWP, trolls trolling trolls albeit a different game on a different playground :D

(j/k :lol:)

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Weeellll...I have a different thought on the matter.

ESMB had something like a tdome but it got removed. It was called The Bitching Post. Things got too disharmonious and so it got removed. The Bitching Post was analagous to The Thunderdome. At this point, the closest thing ESMB has to The Thunderdome is "Grudge Matches".

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
No, not really. It's mainly that nobody really likes being denigrated and most people WILL tend to stand up for themselves.

And, well, yes this is an ex member board. But it does have a Free Zone section and an Independent section. I find myself bemused by those who come to those sections and indicate dismay over seeing pro tech or "advertising" (of Scn) posts there.That's like going to a forum with a recipe section and being unhappy about seeing piecrust recipes.

:hmm:

Not if the main board is actually about the benefits of fasting or dieting ... because essentially the two groups would be diametrically opposed, even if the main board members were once very into cooking and eating, themselves!

Lets just face facts ... it is a miracle that we all get on as well as we do here ... and leave it at that.

:yes:

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
:hmm:

Not if the main board is actually about the benefits of fasting or dieting ... because essentially the two groups would be diametrically opposed, even if the main board members were once very into cooking and eating, themselves!

Lets just face facts ... it is a miracle that we all get on as well as we do here ... and leave it at that.

If the main board were about dieting then I'd have to wonder why there was a recipe section on it. And if there was such a section, I'd not have reservations about anyone's attempt to post therein because I'd figure they saw the name of the section.

It's like when smoking used to be legal in public places out here and there were smoking sections and non smoking sections. Of course people don't want second hand smoke and I get that. I hate it myself. But I always thought people who were upset at smokers lighting up in the smoking section and who gave those smokers a bad time were misplacing their anger. If you tell someone there's a section for them, then they're gonna use it. If you think that's bad, then your issue is with the creation of such a section, not with those who read the title of the section and went there.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
:lol:

My last post on this ...

Sticking with your analogy ... (and with tiresome feelings of Déjà vu) ...

Nah, I always liked to see the smokers in their allotted corner ... it reminded me of how lucky I was not to have the urge to smoke.

:tease:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Per Voltaire's Child's analogy.

Non smoker = EX scientologist.

Smoker= Scientologist (FZ/Indi etc).

A recent example of why IMHO, the 'smokers and the non smokers' sometimes clash
... (and please note, it has nothing to do with the ESMB owner setting up an area for the smokers to go and share a ciggie or due to a non smoker denigrating a smoker).

This 'smoker' (below) likes to drop off a few cases of his smelly fags to the non smokers, the very same 'non smokers' that are getting on with life and doing really well and are working hard to kill off the 'smoking' industry ... due to the damage it does.

He drops his fags off gently and pleasantly, but constantly and in the main part of the board (non smokers part).

Below from the new members section of this EX scio board ...

Originally Posted by Feral

After prolonged exposure to "the tech" I can attest to having lost more extra sensory shit than I gained.

Now, wheres the examiner?

Reply by Blue Spirit

I'm sure there are people or a person that could repair the damage done with
all of those 6-month checks and the overrun (at least in some form) of OT-7.
It is only Bypassed Charge, after all.

I lied when I said it was my last post in this thread ... I'm like that.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Of course, as they say, all analogies limp...and where mine goes a tad bit wrong is that the FZ and indies are also ex members, too, just as Feral, ITYIWT, myself, Emma and scores and scores of others are.

So we're all ex members and we're all critics of the cult. That really should be the bottom line.