What's new

Scientology explained

Leland

Crusader
Just amazing .....the swollen head, wanna be, know it all and hubris that was the core of El Con.

It is very telling to me that:

It comes out here on ESMB....that someone else came up with the dreck of BBC.....and or "wrong indication"......"phenomenon."

The stupidity,,,,that someone evaluating for you....or telling you what to think or do.....could be a " wrong indication " and cause BBC (by passed charge)....is hilarious.

Of course it can and does.....stupid El Con.....it is a common occurrence.

Last edited:

Leon-2

Patron Meritorious
which is why I stated earlier,

I would never do a sec check again, unless the sec checker also told me his/her overts or withholds when I told mine. It would have to be an instant turn around.

And thus, the sec checker knows about me, and me about them, and thus no leverage can be achieved, or black mail.

spy vs. spy. LOL

scientology sec checks or confessionals, all under the guise of freedom. :laugh:

I agree with this. One-way confessing is brainwashing deluxe.

Gib

Crusader
Just amazing .....the swollen head, wanna be, know it all and hubris that was the core of El Con......

It comes out here on ESMB....that someone else came up with the dreck of BBC.....and or "wrong indication"......"phenomenon."

The stupidity,,,,that someone evaluating for you....or telling you what to think or do.....could be a " wrong indication " and cause BBC (by passed charge)....is hilarious.

reminds me of Hubbard saying

one's reactive mind is telling me i should not go into debt buying this auditing action (non survival to not buy auditing or training), because my reactive mind is telling me not to buy the auditing.

But yet, Hubbard says auditing is priceless.

Thus, I need to be hard sold, and I knew what hard sold meant. LOL

What a trip. :laugh:

Leon-2

Patron Meritorious
Just amazing .....the swollen head, wanna be, know it all and hubris that was the core of El Con.

It is very telling to me that:

I'm a bit puzzled here, Leland.

Just about all of Scientology's basics are "common occurrences". BPC, withholds, upsets, high tone / low tone, upsets, problems, restimulation, cycles of action, etc etc.

It is all based on commonly observed phenomena. And so it should be.

Why is this "stupid"?

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
I agree with this. One-way confessing is brainwashing deluxe.

One too many beers with an old friend around a fire tends to combine all the 'gains' of confession with something that doesn't exist in $cientology... love. Hubbard was charging us $$ to be human. May he rot in hell.

Leland

Crusader
!Re: Scientology explained

I'm a bit puzzled here, Leland.

Just about all of Scientology's basics are "common occurrences". BPC, withholds, upsets, high tone / low tone, upsets, problems, restimulation, cycles of action, etc etc.

It is all based on commonly observed phenomena. And so it should be.

Why is this "stupid"?

You just don't get my post.....Leon-2

Yes, it is a common phenomenon.....yet LRH did not see it. That is the point of my post!

Someone else came up with the idea...

And then that person is wiped out from being a part of the "history" of the Cult....

In addition...the Cult, as it ages, perpetuates the myth that Hubbard "did it all" when in fact, he did not. It hides its past. It alters its past. It negates its past. And so on.

Anyone researching or just talking about just this one item....would be called and SP....and kicked out of the Cult.

That is a major part of WHY it is a cult .....it allows no historical research....or documenting its real history.

Edited: I was in long enough ago....to recall David Mayo...being the lead actor in a "tech film." It was a tech film on Emeter reads....yet today....more than 40 years later....DM is still altering the definitions of Emeter reads......

Those "new" to the cult....probably never heard of David Mayo.....The Cult has wiped his name...and work in the cult, completely from its history.

Last edited:

Dave B.

Maximus Ultimus Mostimus
Re: !Re: Scientology explained

You just don't get my post.....Leon-2

Yes, it is a common phenomenon.....yet LRH did not see it. That is the point of my post!

Someone else came up with the idea...

And then that person is wiped out from being a part of the "history" of the Cult....

In addition...the Cult, as it ages, perpetuates the myth that Hubbard "did it all" when in fact, he did not. It hides its past. It alters its past. It negates its past. And so on.

Anyone researching or just talking about just this one item....would be called and SP....and kicked out of the Cult.

That is a major part of WHY it is a cult .....it allows no historical research....or documenting its real history.

Edited: I was in long enough ago....to recall David Mayo...being the lead actor in a "tech film." It was a tech film on Emeter reads....yet today....more than 40 years later....DM is still altering the definitions of Emeter reads......

Those "new" to the cult....probably never heard of David Mayo.....The Cult has wiped his name...and work in the cult, completely from its history.

Airstrip One has ALWAYS been at war with Oceana!

Leland

Crusader
The Cult of Scientology is kinda like one of those Dictatorships in South America....like Argentina...and its history, of lack there of.....of the DISAPPEARED....as they are called..

All those killed by the right wing death squads...

The Cult of Scientology...."disappears" those it doesn't want around....(or tried to)

They get wiped from any existence in the cult....

Their names are never mentioned..

Anything that they wrote...or had their name on.....is "removed" from the current line up...of study.

Since Mayo had a hand in developing NOTS...should not the Cult, stop delivering that action?

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
depression is just a label.

scientology is for the "able to become more able"

and when enough able become more able,

why scientology will help the unable become able.

Hubbard said it would be a long cycle of action, meaning decades.

so all you depressed people will have to wait for next life time.

Key definition: able means -------> able to make money, and not a depressed person who can't work and make money.

sorry some of the unable who were thought to be able in the beginning of their sicientology adventure, well I'm sorry to say you folks are PTS or even SP's, so you folks are outta here, no charitable cases allowed, only able people who can pay money for exchange keeps the bank off. LOL
I considered myself "not so able"; being very neurotic and dysfunctional and such.

But I considered myself not so poor, either, as I was able to keep paying them. So I didn't have to wait for the distant future.

I'm in a much better condition now than before.

Helena

eldritch cuckoo

brainslugged reptilian
More on depression. Getting them to talk about their problems is probably up there with one of the worst things you can do to someone who is suffering from depression. They are not depressed because of their problems. They are depressed because they suffer from depression. Making them think about things that are upsetting (i.e. their problems) is an awful thing to do.

This post jumped out at me. Scientologists have a very very deep belief that "communication solves all problems" or somesuch, and that applies to personal problems related to depression etc. It only recently that I got to understand what Adam has posted.

It is also very typical for the outlook one gets on some drugs, especially cocaine. I haven't tried that one, so I can't comment with my own words on how it really is or which feelings and thoughts come up, but there's certainly a common denominator in the reviews. It is very clear how its effects are especially "compatible" with the needs of people in the show biz, show moderators as well as actors and directors - they really get better at what they're doing and/or can concentrate on it longer per day, ofcourse only until they begin to take too much and/or begin to suffer of the physiological and psychological side effects. I think that it's fair to assume that Freud's emphasis on the merits of this very "process" - that talking about something really is important and meaningful in itself and that this is to some degree equal with solving a problem - was to some degree, probably a large one, based on his free use of cocaine. The merits of "talk therapy" (whether conducted with a friend, a professional counselor, or an (empathic and nice) Scientology auditor) are real, ofcourse, but not to the degree as Freud believed - or some cocaine users who are babbling away in the washroom of a club. - Hubbard has used this drug as well, what I don't know is how often and during which periods, e.g., if he wasn't using the stuff all the time, it probably would be interesting to know the development of which parts of the "tech" most likely have been influenced by cocaine/crack. Snort! :p

Leon-2

Patron Meritorious
The Cult of Scientology is kinda like one of those Dictatorships in South America....like Argentina...and its history, of lack there of.....of the DISAPPEARED....as they are called..

The Cult of Scientology...."disappears" those it doesn't want around....(or tried to)

Anything that they wrote...or had their name on.....is "removed" from the current line up...of study.

Since Mayo had a hand in developing NOTS...should not the Cult, stop delivering that action?

Yes. Other orgnizations have Roll of Honour listing all those who were the founders and builders of the organization. Church of Scientology has a List of Declared SPs.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist

I think CofS is more like N. Korea (read about it) and LRH is like Kim Jong Un.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
They held onto trees and stuff. There was a lot of monkeying around back then.
It must have been hard for the shepherds back then and the sheepdogs. Imagine herding stock in 3d?

Now our shepherds only have to worry about their 2d problems. Oh wait, that didn't come out right.

Also, if there's no gravity, they wouldn't be able to bake, and that means - no cheesecake.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
One too many beers with an old friend around a fire tends to combine all the 'gains' of confession with something that doesn't exist in $cientology... love. Hubbard was charging us $$ to be human. May he rot in hell.
Exactly, if you are going to grab a few cans with your buddy, do it right.

Balthasar

Patron Meritorious
More on depression. Getting them to talk about their problems is probably up there with one of the worst things you can do to someone who is suffering from depression. They are not depressed because of their problems. They are depressed because they suffer from depression. [highlight]Making them think about things that are upsetting (i.e. their problems) is an awful thing to do[/highlight].

I don't think anybody on this thread was suggesting such (highlighted). Otherwise your post is correct.

Leland

Crusader
I think CofS is more like N. Korea (read about it) and LRH is like Kim Jong Un.

Yes....agree.

I imagine the "re-education camps" in Cambodia and Vietnam were much like cult course rooms on steroids...Chinese school and all....

I imagine N. Korea's are worse...

Terril park

Sponsor

I know and worked with Mary back in the day.

QUESTION: If Mary's ETHICS TECH worked as you and, apparently, L. Ron Hubbard agreed, why then did she go down the dwindling spiral below the bottom of the Ethics Conditions and get declared by Ethics to be an SP?

I don't know the reason prompting that. Plenty of possible ones
starting with organising a class action suit against CO$ or working at
Mayo's AAC.

Seems to me that getting declared SP by Scientology Ethics is probably not something you want on your resume when you are promoting/selling yourself as an Ethics Officer. [/QUOTE]

Would you trust anyone who wasn't?:coolwink:

Terril park

Sponsor
Since you mention it, what is this and where can I read about it?

And please don't tell me it's only available on "Pay Per View." :no:

I'm pretty leery of any "tech" that's not in the public domain at this stage of my life.
If there's something in this world that can actually help people, it should be openly
shared. God knows most people need a little help in life.

Sir Issac Newton pushed out his Principia into the public domain, and so we have
gravity and a better world. :coolwink:

Inquisitively yours,
View attachment 9119

Mary will teach her first dynamic ethics tech to anyone
she delivers it too, as long as they have some auditor training.
I think thats a good approach because nothing has been so abused
in Scn as the subject of ethics. Note can be done by phone or skype.

Its more akin to auditing than any run of the mill ethics actions.

Here is a write up by Gomerhan [ regular here] lower down
who gives a good description.

Mary gives a 2 part talk about her method. Here is the first part
and you should be able to find the second part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJmJVt72Kj8

GOMERHAN
"I completed the lower conditions (well, up through Enemy), finally, on Mary Smith's Ethics/Integrity Program. Very powerful action, which I found non-evaluative, practical, and tremendously revitalizing. In the past, the lower conditions through Enemy had been rather baffling, almost impenetrably dense. Find out who you really are? Isn't that the subject of OT VIII? Etc.

Part of her successful action is stressing the importance of truely confronting the condition, prior to doing something about it. Of course this is very basic, but it can include inventorying the components of the condition, and running anything from a locational to reach and withdraw to a variety of other procedures along the way.

I would say that by doing it as she has laid it out, the statements summing up the actions of the formula end up being done, and then those statements (find out that you are, etc.) act as affirmations, rather than as dense commands, possibly even incomplete lists. Rather than feeling like I'd been brought to heel, or any sort of low-tone experience, I felt empowered, invigorated, reconnected to "source", and surprised at the joy I was experiencing.

I recommend it highly, particularly to those who haven't had success with the lower conditions in the past, or those who felt like their completion of those conditions was "glib", or to anyone who is experiencing confusion, betrayal, opposition (from self or others) or doubt. Even the upper conditions are expanded, in terms of the tools given to accomplish their successful resolution. Some of the best money I've ever spent, truly "case-cracking", for me."

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
I got a couple disagrees on my post abt psychiatric treatment. Well, I did say that I think meds and other methods do help.

My family and I lived cheek by jowl with ECT. I know what I saw.