What's new

Scientology - To criticize and discriminate

EZ Linus

Cleared Tomato
...not the straight elemental lithium used by the psychs in "therapy" . . . .
/

Why are their quotes around "therapy?"

While lithium is the old standard for bipolar, there are a lot better medications for it now. However, like lithium, everything comes with possible side effects. At least with lithium (probably because so much study was done), it was monitored through CT scan and blood levels to make sure the patient wasn't taking too much (or too little) rather than just looking at the patient and wondering. Whereas with SSRIs with anti-psychotics, doctors have to sort of fly by the seat of their pants unless they can monitor with weekly check-ins.

I understand the anti-psych rhetoric, but there are studies behind it.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2800957/

phenomanon

Canyon
You're absolutely right. I did contradict myself as you have correctly pointed out...and to avoid further embarrassment and out of sincere respect for your astuteness and everyone here as well I would not even attempt to wiggle my way out of this one. Because of you putting things in proper perspective for me in your most recent PM's to me about why some folks here continue to vent and that it's duly warranted because of present day ongoing abuses they continue to endure, my awareness and recognition level of the severity of what you said became heightened. Thank you for bringing my contradiction to my attention (and everybody's elses) I certainly have my flaws and shortcomings and have no problem openly admitting I made a mistake when I have. It's pretty embarrassing however to have this incident of quirkiness of mine put into the spotlight in the open forum for all to read. Geez I now feel that to continue participating here I must be extremely careful of every single thing I say (which of course one should) because I already have been since day one and will continue to be scrutinized like a glass plate of germs is under a microscope and Lord help me if I err in anyway shape or form going forward...I may just get flogged in the ESMB town square. LOL

There's gonna be a flogging? Yay!:party:

JustSheila

Crusader
Actually, Trate* and I had a great discussion about this by PM. He ALMOST posted his PM to me on the board - it was really good and I wanted him to share it, but then he got shy or something. Oh well.

He's alright and he's doing JUST FINE here. :yes:

* Trate is my nickname for you, Tom. I know what the eight means. :coolwink:

tr8theta

I Love Kitties
Actually, Trate* and I had a great discussion about this by PM. He ALMOST posted his PM to me on the board - it was really good and I wanted him to share it, but then he got shy or something. Oh well.

He's alright and he's doing JUST FINE here. :yes:

* Trate is my nickname for you, Tom. I know what the eight means. :coolwink:

Yes, I know that you have adopted the nickname "Trate" for me. It's very fine.
It isn't that I feel shy about posting my PM reply to you JS...I just didn't want to make it seem like I was tooting my own horn or "Hey guys and gals Just Shiela really liked my post...so I must be an okay person afterall so please read it" but again thank you JS for the very nice compliment. I'm finding my way around in here, learning the ESMB "how to not keep getting tossed about" techniques" LOL ...and to just continue to be my honest self - flaws and all.
TR8

tr8theta

I Love Kitties
Flogging, Did I hear Flogging !,Can i come , can bring Rocks.
Granitt.

Sure...bring rocks (but remember "let he who is without sin cast the first stone" JC) or even tomatoes, eggs, some pies (lemon merengue please)
Flogging* begins Monday 8-21-17 right after the Solar Exclipse (so don't be late!) Rain date: Tuesday 8-22. Some tickets are still available at Ticketron...but act quickly while they last. YOUR PHOTO with the "Flogee" only $5.00
*Flogging whip courtesy of "Gina'sS&MToys.com"

Trate (TR8)

Francois Tremblay

Patron with Honors
Using the Catholic Church as an analogy as you know there are priests within it who are pedophiles who have done much to harm young men physically, mentally and emotionally, but does that mean that the entire Catholic Church and all the priests in it and all it's doctrines and beliefs are bad...or just the few wrongdoers who have caused it to get a bad name and reputation?

The point you're missing there is that lack of moral responsibility is at the core of Christian doctrine (salvation through belief in Jesus Christ, who was crucified for our sins, thus erasing our moral responsibility by proxy, a concept which goes against all justice and is morally repugnant). The initial wrongdoing (the rape) is not supported by the doctrine, but the shielding of the wrongdoing is. That is why the Catholic Church is evil. Not because they had pedophiles in their ranks, which is not exactly something that could be predicted or screened for easily.

The point I'm trying to politely make with respect to you all (and this is just my opinion) is that I feel that Scientology itself (the basic truths and principles) uncontaminated by those who knowingly abuse, mis-use and complacently mis-understand the technology and policies... is itself good...and that it is the rotten apples in the basket - the evil wrongdoers within all levels of the SCN and SO hierarchy who should rightfully be targeted and attacked and held accountable for their actions.

But here we come to a knotty problem: what DO you consider to be the "basic principles" of Scientology? The Axioms? KSW? What?

guanoloco

As-Wased
The point you're missing there is that lack of moral responsibility is at the core of Christian doctrine (salvation through belief in Jesus Christ, who was crucified for our sins, thus erasing our moral responsibility by proxy, a concept which goes against all justice and is morally repugnant). The initial wrongdoing (the rape) is not supported by the doctrine, but the shielding of the wrongdoing is. That is why the Catholic Church is evil. Not because they had pedophiles in their ranks, which is not exactly something that could be predicted or screened for easily.

But here we come to a knotty problem: what DO you consider to be the "basic principles" of Scientology? The Axioms? KSW? What?

Back in the day here at ESMB a few of us related how Divs 4 and 5 and 6 were the "good" while the other Divs were horrible.

This got reduced to any good coming from the Red vols, most assuredly a collaborative effort which Hu666ard slapped his name onto after thoroughly squirreling anything and everything so that his total Cause control put thee and me at total Effect to Ron, and all the horrible coming from the green vols, most assuredly all Ron's creation which totally places thee and me into Effect bondage of Ron's "tech", org(s), ethics and finances...of which Ron is total Cause over...being OT and all...

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
Thank you for your reply.:yes:
It's definitely different for those of us who were "in it" subjectively than for those who have only heard or read stories - both good and bad about SCN. If I may, to say that the beliefs of SCN are flawed is a pretty big generality especially if you don't know all of them. What is "flawed" is misproper use of it. I totally agree with you that no belief system should attack people who criticize it as we are all entitled to freedom of speech and our feelings and opinions. LRH said "If its true for you...it's true". For some people SCN works...for others it does not. My understanding about proper dictionary usage is only when you come across a word you don't know or fully understand...like the word "viands" for example. The man went to his kitchen to get some "viands" (look it up LOL)
MJ
I didn't get past you bringing up you beliefs of are flawed if you don't all & therefore a generality ( or horseshit to that effect ).

When you stop being dead center in scntoxicness we might have a conversation one day.

I guess the best thing I could say to you is no thanks to your entheta.