What's new

Shocking Allegations of Who Developed Tech!!

guanoloco

As-Wased
This is from Scientology VII The Power Processes posted by SavedByZero:

Point of information:
The Power and Power Plus processes were developed by John McMaster, an assistant to Hubbard during the 1960's. McMaster also developed R6EW, routine 6 end words. Hubbard stuck his name on the issues and tried to take credit for them.
McMaster suffered the same fate as everyone else who attempted to help Hubbad, he was persecuted and gotten rid of. He also happened to be gay, which Hubbad used against him after McMaster was gone.
SBZ

guanoloco

As-Wased
From Scientology Old-Timers:

"From International Viewpoints (IVy) Issue 6 - May 1992

Kemp's Column
By Raymond Kemp, USA

Granting Of Beingness

Possibly, the most serious complaint about Ron, by those who worked
with him is a variation of the complaint "He took all the Praise,
and never acknowledged anyone else's help"

That there is some validity in this I will grant from personal
experience, since I was the author of the O.C.A., I wrote
the "Naming and Recognition Ceremony" for "Ceremonies Handbook", I pioneered the
Mentally Handicapped Children's project and the British Olympics
team coaching, along with my wife Pamela, who in turn developed and wrote
the Original Drug Rundown, all of which have appeared in Scn
publications under the authorship of L. Ron Hubbard."

Last edited:

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
L Ron Hubbard did NOT discover the "study tech"!

All of us knew that we were walking on the shoulders of giants and that most of the knowledge and wisdom we studied was more than 2000 years old. A lot of the knowledge had been lost but has now been rediscovered.

One of the most difficult things to do is report accurately. For example: I and several other Scio's had dinner with Chuck and Ava Berner at the Forrest Row Hotel, it was June 1964, the night before Chuck and Ava were to meet with LRH to go over this new discovery they made to do with study. We were all enthralled with what they had discovered.

Imagine the shock we had when LRH told us in a the lecture that night that he had made a momentous discovery in the field of study. The data he gave was almost word for word with what the Berner's had discussed with us the previous night.

There was no mention of the Berner's who were in the audience. They
were devastated.

There you have it folks - the "making of a madman" - L CON HUBBARD!! Why someone did not put a bullet in that fat crazy con artist is beyond me. How and why did they let him get away with it?

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
From Scientology Old-Timers:

"From International Viewpoints (IVy) Issue 6 - May 1992

Kemp's Column
By Raymond Kemp, USA

Granting Of Beingness

Possibly, the most serious complaint about Ron, by those who worked
with him is a variation of the complaint "He took all the Praise,
and never acknowledged anyone else's help"

And the tradition carries on today - David Miscavige, Dictator of the Cult of Scientology, lives on to take credit for EVERYTHING good and blames everyone around him for EVERYTHING BAD!

Covert invalidation and nullification are the social intercourse of an SP!! THAT - is Scientology!

Didn't ole El Con Hubbard write something about that....indicator's of an SP? Or did someone else write it?

Caroline

Patron Meritorious
The word scientology first was used in 1908

1908-scientology.JPG

"This text ran on ebay to sell this book item #130089204681
Feb 1 2008
First use of the word 'Scientology' in Print Anywhere!
The New Word
by Allen Upward

(corresponding member of the Parnassus Philological Society, Athens)

1908 London - Second Edition (First Edition was published anonymously - this listed edition was the first one published under Allen Upward's name)

320 pages

Aside from being a very fascinating book in its own rite , this book contains the first coining of the word 'Scientology' in print. Allen Upward was quite the wordsmith and if you read him you will see that he is always creatively coining words to fit his meaning. That L. Ron Hubbard used the word 'Scientology' for his practical religious philosophy in 1952 is what really makes this book interesting. L. Ron Hubbard was always coining a word or two himself to make his work easier to understand.

There are three usages of 'Scientology' in this book and they occur on pages 139, 149 & 156.

Contents:

(long contents snipped see LINK)

Please see picture - this is my only copy of this rare 1908
second edition from England
- I have never run across another copy of this edition."

--------------------end of ebay listing

And I did not win the bid for this item...it went for a lot but I dont recall the amount..I felt i was bidding against RTC... I did message the sellor with a few questions, and he added this note about the 3 times the word Scientology was used,

Scientology: "it meant pseudo-science!"

That's funny, Arnie, thanks!

Found a digital version of The New Word at sacred-texts.com. :)

Allen Upward said:
All this is not really science, but only scientology. It is language. It is the magic lullaby in which the shapes of things melt and reshape themselves forever. And so, when we would try to stop that wheel we call the mind, and look between the spokes, at once the All-Thing in its turn begins to spin about us, and all which it contains to slide and glide away:—as in that wondrous story of creation handed down from Finnish sorcerers of old, when the wizard Lemminkainen comes into the hall and sings; and while he sings the swords vanish out of the hands of the feasters, and the cups vanish from their lips, and the tables and the walls melt and fade, and lastly the hall itself and all within it melt and fade away, and only the magic song goes on. (pp. 140-1)

[...]

It is no whit better than theological writing. And unhappily scientology is as often mistaken for science as theology is for worship. (p. 149)

Upward, Allen (1910).The New Word. sacred-texts.com. Retrieved from http://www.sacred-texts.com/etc/tnw/#contents on 31 Aug 2013.

xemnu

Patron with Honors
This opens up paths for analysis. With different originators, it makes sense that some parts would be better thought out than others. Comparisons between different bodies of tech is possible and even recommended. The Scnist is trained to think it all comes from one source and conditioned (thanks to W/Cing tech) to dismiss contradictions.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Nibs - from a 1984 taped interview:

And then also, insofar as tech itself is concerned, there's great vast chunks of it that he did not invent or create. But the moment somebody came up with it he took it over and falsely owned it and suppressed the original source. I can give you several examples and I think that if you talked to some of the people that's been around for a long time you can easily substantiate this. As an example, the creation and invention of exteriorization was by Evans Farber. He's the son of J. Burton Farber who set up the very first Church of Scientology of California which of course later, as it was set up and running well, Dad and I took over. So as you can see, the Church of Scientology of California is not original with L. Ron Hubbard, but with J. Burton Farber. I can remember sitting around in Dad's house on Tatem Boulevard in Phoenix, Arizona in 1953 - excuse me, 1952 - and Evans Farber, who was at that time attached to Ross Lamoureux's Dianetic and then Scientology center there in Phoenix, pacing around out in the front yard, not going away, demanding to see Dad. And in fact I even took out some cool drinks to the man, feeling sorry for him. But Dad absolutely refused to see him, he couldn't be bothered to talk with him. Evans was really super persistent and finally, after several hours of pacing around out front they got to talking. It wasn't more than about an hour later and Dad is jumping up and down in great glee and enthusiasm over this whole new procedure. And it wasn't too long after that all of a sudden L. Ron Hubbard had invented and created the thing called exteriorization. I think you can verify this with Evans Farber, who is still out and around Scientology. Then of course such things as acknowledgments was invented by a Richard Steves. Dick Steves, who was also Organizational Secretary (Org Sec) which was at that time the highest position in any organization. It would correspond to the head of the International Organization. And so that was started to be taught in the advanced clinical courses, which by the way I did over twenty of them. And then you have Jack Horner who taught Advanced Clinical Courses in England, an absolute master and superb teacher. He came up with I believe, the repetitive question. I believe I'm correct in that but he also I think came up with a couple of other very important things that are still used today. He's certainly out there alive and kicking and doing a good job, so why don't you ask him.

Let's take also the TR's. Gad, I invented about half of them and Dick and Jan Halpern who were assistant course instructors in the Advanced Clinical Courses made quite a heavy contribution in that area. You have also the CCH's. Dick and Jan and Ken Barrett and I contributed probably better than half of that plus particularly 8C - 8C's my baby. I came up with that because I got tired of the students not doing what I told them to do and when I told them to do something they had bloody well better have done it. So this was a good way of teaching control.

I happened to come across a 1952 publication by Evans Farber on Ebay - just posting this for anyone interested:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ULTRA-RARE-...d=100005&prg=1088&rk=5&rkt=5&sd=190990781605&

evans1_zpscbfcb66a.jpg

Here's some additional text from the Ebay item description:

For those of you who have been following this item on eBay I urge you to not let the opportunity to get one of
these booklets to get away. To date I have sold 16 of this booklet via eBay and 3 others off of eBay. I only have
a couple left. I will not be going down any lower on my price. Time is running out to get this ULTRA RARE
booklet. I have found it elsewhere on the Internet selling for $400.

I am offering for sale an ULTRA RARE booklet, How To Develop Theta Perceptics by Evans W. Farber,
H.D.A., F. Scn. This is a TRUE FIRST EDITION, published in 1952 by Emergency Dianetics, 1722 1/2
Riverside Drive, Los Angeles 31, California.

For many, many years this booklet has been in the possession of an "old timer" and "Founding Staff Member"
who was also a member of Hubbard's Sea Organization. He worked for L Ron Hubbard and his Scientology
organization at several different locations. The booklet has been stored away from exposure to air (wrapped
in opaque, archival paper) for the past 61 years (since it was first printed in 1952). Until now, the booklet
has never before been opened, and only then so that I could carefully make scans of the pages. You will
not find this booklet for sale in better condition. It is virtually as new as the day it was printed in 1952.

From the June 28, 1984 tape by L. Ron Hubbard, Jr.: "The creation and invention of exteriorization was by
Evans Farber. He's the son of J. Burton Farber who set up the very first Church of Scientology of California
which of course later, as it was set up and running well, dad and I took over. So as you can see, the Church
of Scientology of California is not original with L. Ron Hubbard, but with J. Burton Farber. I can remember
sitting around in dad's house on Tatem Boulevard in Phoenix, Arizona in 1953 - excuse me, 1952 - and Evans
Farber, who was at that time attached to Ross Lamoureux's Dianetic, and then Scientology, center there in
Phoenix, pacing around out in the front yard, not going away, demanding to see dad. And in fact I even took
out some cool drinks to the man, feeling sorry for him. But dad absolutely refused to see him, he couldn't be
bothered to talk with him. Evans was really super persistent and finally, after several hours of pacing around
out front they got to talking. It wasn't more than about an hour later, and dad is jumping up and down in great
glee and enthusiasm over this whole new procedure. And it wasn't too long after that all of a sudden L. Ron
Hubbard had invented and created the thing called exteriorization. I think you can verify this with Evans Farber,
who is still out and around Scientology."

From page 2: The booklet "contains the substance of a lecture and demonstration by Evans W. Farber before
the Phoenix Dianetic Study Group on Monday, September 14, 1952."

From the Introduction on pg 3, by R. Ross Lamoreaux, October 2, 1952, Director, Phoenix Scientology Institute:
"Theta Clear is a state that has become possible at last. Too many people have envisioned one or two thousand
hours to Mest clear and then an equal time in addition to reach Theta Clear. The techniques presented here were
developed by Evans Farber before coming to the Phoenix Scientology Institute. These techniques have been tested.
All of the students have been able to use the techniques presented here, and the techniques have worked."

"I am sure that the reader of this lecture will have as little difficulty using Farber's Technique as the people who
have had the benefit of his personal guidance. Processing can be an adventure when you explore the theta realm
and work with what you find. Do not be surprised at the rapidity of results."

Own a piece of this HISTORICAL BOOKLET from Scientology history! This is a true and extremely rare
original, not a photocopy, not a copy of a scanned original or anything else. The document is over 61 years old.

Included are 4 scans of the booklet; they are scans of the actual booklet offered for sale.

The original copyright ran from 1952 until 1980. In December of 1980 the copyright was renewed. I will NOT
make digital copies or photocopies of this extremely rare booklet available, so please don't ask! It is currently
under copyright until 2047.

Shipping and Payment: Seller ships to U.S. and Mexico locations only via USPS First Class Package.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Check out my other listings by doing an eBay Advance Search for listings by warriormark, a seller of historical
Scientology, Dianetics, L. Ron Hubbard, and Scientology-related documents, books, booklets, charts, scales,
and other collectibles. Check out my other items!

Thank you for reading!

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
Shocking? Not really. Whatever else you may say about Hubbard, he was an expert at using others. Taking their ideas and claiming them as his own was an inevitable step.

Axiom142

guanoloco

As-Wased
Shocking? Not really. Whatever else you may say about Hubbard, he was an expert at using others. Taking their ideas and claiming them as his own was an inevitable step.

Axiom142

How about "electrifying" or "stupefying" or, better yet, "unprecedented"?

Anyway, you read the thread, Ax, so the title served just like those headlines in the supermarkets.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Scientologists are shocked at these shocking allegations about Ron the OP (Operating Plagiarist).

But they are nonetheless able to maintain their F/N because no matter what is exposed on the internet, in their hearts they know that Ron alone discovered Xenu and BTs. They are proud of that. LOL.

Wait, there are more wins coming in from Scientologists about Ron's proven solitary achievements:

Originally Posted by Billy Blowdown
And let's not forget that way back at the beginning of time
Ron discovered music! Back then, his name then was Arcola.
Wow, it really blows so much charge to realize that the first
three letters of Ron's wholetrack name was ARC! OMG! Now
it all makes sense why my car was repossessed, I was fired,
went bankrupt and am low toned all the time. I know now that
my future happiness is assured for eternity, on this planet!

Last edited:

guanoloco

As-Wased
:clap::clap::clap:

That's the topic of real great interest to all of us I think who want to solve the riddles ans puzzles of what is right and wrong with this bloody tech.

But please bear in mind you great old timers that if you want these infos to be broadly grasped and your credits properly acknowledged that it would need to be put well into context and in a way that could be understood by someone who isn't necessarily familiarized with all the subject.

I deeply cherish the value of your contributions that were made when these breakthroughs occured and even more what is yet to come in the straightening out of you as real sources or contributors and correct evaluation of the validity of your discoveries.

May 2012 be the year of the new revelation...

ALL2U and happy new year!:coolwink::coolwink::coolwink:

WOW! Now it's Happy New Year 2014!