What's new

Tell Tale Scn Lingo

TomKat

Patron Meritorious
I thought we might have a place for posting when we hear of someone, not known to be an ex-scientologist, dropping scientology lingo. For instance:

There's a "seduction guru" named Ross Jeffries who, in his talk, drops the words "fixed ideas" and "making someone wrong."

Like several ex-Scn's he got into NLP/hypnosis, apparently for many years, yet still can't help but drop the occasional Scn jargon. I see this so often, I wonder if most of the new age gurus out there came out of Scn originally.

TomKat

Patron Meritorious
"Fixed idea" (in French, idée fixe) isn't originally a scn term. It goes way back.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idée_fixe_(psychology)#Background
Well, keep an ear out.
I was listening to Midnight in the Desert radio a couple of years ago and some guest was talking about alternative energy, which he knew little about, but somehow finagled his way onto the show under that pretext. He dropped enough S bombs to give himself away. He also said he used to work for a non-profit with a large heating bill, which is what got him thinking about alternative energy. Non-profit my ass! There's something about being in Scn that encourages people to go out there and seek a following. He had advice regarding karma and why we pull things in...