What's new

The Fringe of the Internet

Sindy

Crusader

Who's on the "fringe" of the Internet?

By the time I left, the only SO members allowed to use text messaging were the OSA staff. Other than the registrars, most did not have personal phones and if they did, they certainly weren't for Internet use.

All SO members have to sign agreements about their use of technology, social media, and the Internet in general. The base computers have filters so no one gets caught up in entheta sites.

All parishioners, at one point, were subject to "Net Nannies" being secretly installed on their computers if they chose to sign up for a cookie cutter dissemination site (which most of us did at the time).

Try to find the phrase, "On the fringe of the Internet" NOT connected to Scientology. You won't. It's a weird concept inside the head of a psychopath and forwarded by his spokespeople who don't have a clue about life in the real world.

The cult sounds ridiculous and so far removed from the reality of the average person that one wonders how they will make the connections and get the word out to clear the peoples of Earth. Smoke signals? Carrier pigeon? On the back of a camel?

The Church of Scientology (and other cults and communist/repressive countries determined to control information and keep people in the dark) are the only ones on the "fringe" of the Internet. The rest of us are very well versed and quite "inside" the inner workings of this marvel of free speech and fast, unhindered connection. Even small little towns, in poor little countries have more access than an SO member.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Who's on the "fringe" of the Internet?

ANSWER: Bad people--who degrade, deceive, defraud, declare defame, dead-agent & disconnect. Unlike the Scientologists at the center of the Internet who are always kind, helpful and ever so honest!

Hey, let's hear from Sammy the Standard Staff member.

6a0105364a8fba970c01538e8a1c36970b-800wi.jpg
O

Oh heck Syndi, why do you you want
to mess around with all that Internet
Fringe business out there in the wog world?
You
just gotta come back on staff cuz
things have really changed! Why
just yesterday my senior told me that
someone uplines might approve my
CSW to use that brand new data searching tech.
Syndi, out there on the fringe, have you
people ever even HEARD of something called Google?

Sindy

Crusader
If anyone reading this is looking for more info on this you can find some here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scieno_Sitter

"The program was started in the late summer of 1998.[1][2] Scientologists were mailed software on CDs, and told that the program would help members build Web sites which would then link to Scientology's main site.[1] However, recipients of the program were not told that it also had a censorship program, which blocked critical sites[2] from being viewed on the user's computer, if the sites were deemed dangerous.[1] Critics of Scientology have referred to the program as "cult mind-control for the 21st century", and asserted that it stifles freedom of speech.[3] One software developer stated that though he thought spam filters in general were a good idea, he found it "disturbing" that "a huge number of the terms that are banned are completely unrelated to the stated goals."[3]

However a vice president of the Office of Special Affairs branch of Scientology stated that Scientologists "make a personal choice" on whether or not to use the filtering software.[2] A different spokesperson claimed that members of Scientology asked for the software, stating: "many of our parishioners want to use the Internet but asked for a filter protection from those elements that have sought to twist and pervert the religion."[3] The packaging on the CD mailed to users who specifically request the filter states: "By popular demand from Scientologists, a program has been developed to prevent you from being subjected to 'entheta' and hate mail on the Internet. This filter allows you direct access to our sites rapidly, without being dev-t'ddev't[›] by vilifying material, forgeries, and hate messages. In this fashion your attention can remain focused on dissemination and setting people's feet on the Bridge to Total Freedom."[3]"

HelluvaHoax!

"The program was started in the late summer of 1998.[1][2] Scientologists were mailed software on CDs, and told that the program would help members build Web sites which would then link to Scientology's main site.[1] However, recipients of the program were not told that it also had a censorship program, which blocked critical sites[2] from being viewed on the user's computer, if the sites were deemed dangerous.[1] Critics of Scientology have referred to the program as "cult mind-control for the 21st century", and asserted that it stifles freedom of speech.[3] One software developer stated that though he thought spam filters in general were a good idea, he found it "disturbing" that "a huge number of the terms that are banned are completely unrelated to the stated goals."[3]

However a vice president of the Office of Special Affairs branch of Scientology stated that Scientologists "make a personal choice" on whether or not to use the filtering software.[2] A different spokesperson claimed that members of Scientology asked for the software, stating: "many of our parishioners want to use the Internet but asked for a filter protection from those elements that have sought to twist and pervert the religion."[3] The packaging on the CD mailed to users who specifically request the filter states: "By popular demand from Scientologists, a program has been developed to prevent you from being subjected to 'entheta' and hate mail on the Internet. This filter allows you direct access to our sites rapidly, without being dev-t'ddev't[›] by vilifying material, forgeries, and hate messages. In this fashion your attention can remain focused on dissemination and setting people's feet on the Bridge to Total Freedom."[3]"

Net Nanny, what a concept!

Spiritually advanced, supernaturally empowered Clears & OTs who become "enturbulated" and "go effect"--simply by looking at the Internet where a former Scientologist has posted a CUSTOMER REVIEW.

Imagine spending decades of your life and a half-million dollars and yet not being able to read this (customer review) without "going PTS", "roller-coastering", "losing your case gain" and "caving in".

If Hubbard hadn't decided to "shed his encumbrance" so soon, I have no doubt he would have created a new Auditing Rundown to handle the unseemly specter of millions of Operating Thetans worldwide being mowed down by a simple Google search of the word Scientology.

Hmmm, how would Hubbard have marketed that? Probably something like this. . .

THE MEDIA MASTERY RUNDOWN. For endless trillions of years, beings have been plagued by electronic media signals such as radio, television and the Internet--which are essentially nothing more than subtle present-time implants designed to reduce an immortal being down to the level of an anxious, neurotic mest body. For the first time in history, mankind now has a marvelous new technology which renders an OT eternally impervious to the endless barrage of electronic signals that one is surrounded with daily. With this priceless new breakthrough, Scientologists can finally reverse the dwindling spiral of enturbulation and upset that inevitably occurs from being exposed to low-toned media emissions. The end phenomena of this miraculous level is A BEING WHO CAN COMFORTABLY CONFRONT THE INTERNET OR ANY MEDIA IMPLANT ON THIS PLANET WITHOUT GOING EFFECT.

Then it would probably have a colorful cartoon graphic of a rocket ship hurtling through outer-space so that Scientologists would get that warm, fuzzy, F/N-ey, theta, check-writing feeling.

ScreenShot2013-08-10at104859AM_zps68bf8754.png

Last edited:

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
THE MEDIA MASTERY RUNDOWN. For endless trillions of years, beings have been plagued by electronic media signals such as radio, television and the Internet--which are essentially nothing more than subtle present-time implants designed to reduce an immortal being down to the level of an anxious, neurotic mest body. For the first time in history, mankind now has a marvelous new technology which renders an OT eternally impervious to the endless barrage of electronic signals that one is surrounded with daily. With this priceless new breakthrough, Scientologists can finally reverse the dwindling spiral of enturbulation and upset that inevitably occurs from being exposed to low-toned media emissions. The end phenomena of this miraculous level is A BEING WHO CAN COMFORTABLY CONFRONT THE INTERNET OR ANY MEDIA IMPLANT ON THIS PLANET WITHOUT GOING EFFECT.

Hey HH, does this rundown come before or after the level where we learn how to pull the air cover off a planet?

I'm guessin' one has to be able to confront the words on the Internet first . . . before the air cover thing.

Just wondering. :biggrin:

OhMG

Patron Meritorious
All parishioners, at one point, were subject to "Net Nannies" being secretly installed on their computers if they chose to sign up for a cookie cutter dissemination site (which most of us did at the time).

I remember at the time signing up but, installing the s/w was optional. Some people put it on their computer but no one I knew of.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I think you mean Altavista. :)

I routed out of the SO in 1996, and set myself up with an Internet connection (Earthlink dial-up) in August or so. It took me about two days of messing around before I discovered SEARCH ENGINES (yay AltaVista!). I hardly slept for the next three days. Exciting times.

Paul

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: alt.scientology.war

This "Fringe" of the Internet was a front page cover story in Wired Magazine in December 1995...
titled: (This is image of centerfold of that article by Wendy Grossman)

And a cover story at American University's Law magazine The Jurist.. and a lot more..

A gutzy writer, Richard Behar built his career exposing NY mobsters, he fittingly moved on to expose $cientology with Time Magazine in 1991, he later started a foundation .Project Klebnikov.

The Internet IS the Liberty Tree.

HelluvaHoax!

Hey HH, does this rundown come before or after the level where we learn how to pull the air cover off a planet?

I'm guessin' one has to be able to confront the words on the Internet first . . . before the air cover thing.

Just wondering. :biggrin:

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

I should not be giving you verbal data about that so I will, instead, type it out. . .

ANSWER: Dear ILove2Lurk: Ron has advised us to wait "...until a few more of our boys have made it". Then you can pull the air cover off a planet, on this planet.

ps: In case I happen to be on an airplane or possibly paragliding at the time you decide to do that, I would appreciate a heads-up a few hours in advance.