What's new

The "Power" of The Reactive Mind and its Antidotes

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Yes, Alan, but this presupposes that there is a higher state to rise to, that there is such a thing as Spirita, and that trance states can be "erased". Every state of mind can be seen as a trance, IMO, it's just a question of whether or not it's the RIGHT trance to be effective doing what you wanted to do (receive information, put out information, enjoy some artwork, rage against the dying of the light, whatever).

...or going into that good night....

I just heard that poem read by John Lithgow on an enthralling Bill Moyer's journal...

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
My hope is the practitioner is capable of allowing or even helping the client to rise way above the hypnotic states - to erase the trance states - (of which there are billions of them which keep the being small and weak) - to reach a wholeness and oneness of Spirita - but at the same time willing to choose to play optimum games if they so desire! :clap:

Name one person, who was not taught by L Ron Hubbard, who believes that hypnotic or trance states "keep the being small or weak".

It seems to me that Scientology, Idenics, Knowledgism, etc - all off-shoots of Scientology - are incapable of understanding the nature of trance states, even while using them as their primary source of therapy.

This view that trance states "keep the being small or weak" and that "running them out" somehow brings the person "up out of them" is dangerously ignorant and shows reckless disregard for the vulnerabilities they are putting people in. I would not trust them to apply their hypno-therapeutic techniques on me.

But if a practitioner of one of those subjects can cite a reference - from someone other than one who sucked at the teet of Hubbard - who agrees with them about trance states, I'll be amazed and made full of wonder.

Otherwise, I would stay away from these guys. They're too ignorant of the mind and how it works to trust with your own.

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron
As you have no certainty of the power of a being it is kinda stupid to debate or discuss with you - after all you might break out of a trance state!

I bet there a many on this board who have run out trance states during processing.

I sure have!

Trance states are like flat tires - you fix one - but you are likely to get another one!

It seems obvious that anyone who believes in Scientology or any of its extracts are in a trance state. Though it is not obvious to someone who is still in the trance.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Pixie

Crusader
It s

eems obvious that anyone who believes in Scientology or any of its extracts are in a trance state. Though it is not obvious to someone who is still in the trance.

The Anabaptist Jacques

So how would one know if they were in a trance or not? Or what if one is in a trance state and is not aware of it? I've been curious about these 'trance states' since I came to this board and still can't get my little head around them... :no: maybe I am in a trance? :omg:

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
As you have no certainty of the power of a being it is kinda stupid to debate or discuss with you - after all you might break out of a trance state!

I bet there a many on this board who have run out trance states during processing.

I sure have!

Trance states are like flat tires - you fix one - but you are likely to get another one!

No need to debate, if you are trying to keep up your PR.

Just name any non-Scientology-derived practitioner who agrees that trance states "keep the being small or weak", and that you can "run them out".

Good twin

Floater
So how would one know if they were in a trance or not? Or what if one is in a trance state and is not aware of it? I've been curious about these 'trance states' since I came to this board and still can't get my little head around them... :no: maybe I am in a trance? :omg:

Yes, Pixie. We agree once again. I was thinking just about the same thing. I figure I must be in a deep trance state because just about nothing is obvious to me. I used to be so o o o very certain of everything, now I just am willing to be open to the possibility of just about anything. I am happily NOT an expert anymore. :coolwink:

Yes, Pixie. We agree once again. I was thinking just about the same thing. I figure I must be in a deep trance state because just about nothing is obvious to me. I used to be so o o o very certain of everything, now I just am willing to be open to the possibility of just about anything. I am happily NOT an expert anymore. :coolwink:

Don't worry ladies, I think trance states is just one more concept Hubbard developed to entrap people.

The Anabpatist Jacques

Veda

Sponsor
Alanzo, how about defining your terms, so people know what you mean?

Hypnosis and trance are first and foremost words.

There are degrees of hypnosis and degrees of trance. And there are types of hypnosis and types of trance.

A body can be in a trance and the mind/being can stand apart in a state of wakefulness.

One can be hypnotized and yet be aware of what is occurring.

Or one can be hypnotized and be absorbed completely in the hypnosis and be unaware. (Deep hypnosis)

In lucid dreaming (waking up in dreams while still in the dream) one is having a (trance-like) dream experience, yet can wake up - and stand apart - from the dream experience, control the dream experience, and be fully awake, while "in" the dream/trance.

Then, there is waking up in the "dream" of what is called normal "waking" consciousness. The dream/trance continues around one, but one is aware of it as a "dream" and is awake. There are various terms for this in Yogic, mystical studies, etc.

There are many states of consciousness, and an insufficient vocabulary to describe them, and endless debates over their meanings.

The act of hypnosis usually means the by-passing of the "conscious" mind (the "social," "critical judgement," and "I'm supposed to" mind) to either deliver a message or stimuli and obtain a response/answer (the light hypnotic finger snap in 'Book One', for example), or to insert a "command" (some content) into the subconscious mind through by-passing the conscious mind, through various means.

If one considers hypnosis to be almost anything, or any act of mental focus then that's yet another definition.

And it goes on.

How about defining your terms, it would help.

By the way, there are previous threads on hypnosis which - if one can stand reading them - contain much information, and also present the difficulty of unclear or conflicting terminology.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
There's a thing called the Internet.

It's filled with people who have not adopted Hubbard's prestidigitations on the mind and hypnosis.

Seek and ye shall find.

I've yet to find one of them who says that hypnotic states "make the being small or weak".

Except maybe Alistar Crowley.

Pixie

Crusader
There's a thing called the Internet.

It's filled with people who have not adopted Hubbard's prestidigitations on the mind and hypnosis.

Seek and ye shall find.

I've yet to find one of them who says that hypnotic states "make the being small or weak".

Except maybe Alistar Crowley.

Really?? :omg:

I shall check that out immediately... :runaway:

GreyLensman

Silver Meritorious Patron

You have to trust yourself and take the red pill. Whatever form that enlightenment takes.

Then you have to trust yourself again and sort out for yourself how that change in perception affects how you deal with life and living. While remaining true to what you consider yourself.

Sometimes people, spirits and beings think too god-damned much.