What's new

The Worst Thing You Can Do To Yourself As an Ex-Scientologist

Free Being Me

Crusader
You sound exactly like a Scientologist when he's been shown LRH's true biography.

What happened to you, FBM?
Nice try but that doesn't work on me. I would ask if you have anything genuinely nice to say about Ex's however you recent post history speaks for itself.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Nice try but that doesn't work on me. I would ask if you have anything genuinely nice to say about Ex's however you recent post history speaks for itself.
You intentionally redefine the target of my specific criticism of the tribalism in Anti- Scientology to all Exes.

I have to assume that you are smart enough to be doing that on purpose as a propaganda ploy.

Am I right about that?

Or did you really think that my criticisms here on ESMB are for all Exes?

Free Being Me

Crusader
You intentionally redefine the target of my specific criticism of the tribalism in Anti- Scientology to all Exes.

I have to assume that you are smart enough to be doing that on purpose as a propaganda ploy.

Am I right about that?

Or did you really think that my criticisms here on ESMB are for all Exes?
A simple no to the question I know was pointless to ask in my previous post would have sufficed. Do you always answer people with rhetorical non-answers while trying to put them on the defensive? It's a weird way of talking with people. Good luck with that.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
A simple no to the question I know was pointless to ask in my previous post would have sufficed. Do you always answer people with rhetorical non-answers while trying to put them on the defensive? It's a weird way of talking with people. Good luck with that.
Like I've said, I'm under no delusions that ESMB is filled with friends of mine right now.

And so when I see you waging that kind of propaganda ploy, where YOU are the one starting out attacking me, trying to put me on the defensive?

I'm not fooled.

Free Being Me

Crusader
Like I've said, I'm under no delusions that ESMB is filled with friends of mine right now.

And so when I see you waging that kind of propaganda ploy, where YOU are the one starting out attacking me, trying to put me on the defensive?

I'm not fooled.
There's a difference between disagreement and attack I think you don't comprehend. I disagree with your posts containing insults slandering Ex's which you have done prolifically since you arrived. I disagree with your posts telling people what and how to think. I disagree with your posts telling people what and how to feel. I disagree with your posts telling people who they should go all grudge matchy with. I disagree with your posts inventing conspiracy theories about why people disagree with you. Learn to discern.

Last edited:

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
There's a difference between disagreement and attack I think you don't comprehend. I disagree with your posts containing insults slandering Ex's which you have done prolifically since you arrived. I disagree with your posts telling people what and how to think. I disagree with your posts telling people what and how to feel. I disagree with your posts telling people who they should go all grudge matchy with. I disagree with your posts inventing conspiracy theories about why people disagree with you. Learn to discern.
I disagree with your posts containing insults slandering Scientologists which you have done prolifically since you arrived. I disagree with your posts telling Scientologists what and how to think. I disagree with your posts telling Scientologists what and how to feel. I disagree with your posts telling Scientologists who they should go all grudge matchy with. I disagree with your posts inventing conspiracy theories about why Scientologists disagree with you. Learn to discern.

Like I said - you act just like Scientologists did when I criticized them, too.

It is the target of my criticism - the tribalism in Anti-Scientology - which you disagree with. I'm criticizing your tribe, and your tribal leaders. They're your "upstats" and they still have ethics protection. And you don't like it. You feel you have to protect them.

If I had done all these things to Scientologists here on ESMB - which I did do - then you would love me as you did before - as a brother in arms.

Just like when I left Scientology, and lost all my friends from the Church, simply because I changed my mind, I can do without "friends" like you, too, as an Ex.

Free Being Me

Crusader
I disagree with your posts containing insults slandering Scientologists which you have done prolifically since you arrived. I disagree with your posts telling Scientologists what and how to think. I disagree with your posts telling Scientologists what and how to feel. I disagree with your posts telling Scientologists who they should go all grudge matchy with. I disagree with your posts inventing conspiracy theories about why Scientologists disagree with you. Learn to discern.

Like I said - you act just like Scientologists did when I criticized them, too.

It is the target of my criticism - the tribalism in Anti-Scientology - which you disagree with. I'm criticizing your tribe, and your tribal leaders. They're your "upstats" and they still have ethics protection. And you don't like it. You feel you have to protect them.

If I had done all these things to Scientologists here on ESMB - which I did do - then you would love me as you did before - as a brother in arms.

Just like when I left Scientology, and lost all my friends from the Church, simply because I changed my mind, I can do without "friends" like you, too, as an Ex.
I left $cientology long ago and more importantly de-culted as well. It's interesting that your first smear/slur is accuse someone that disagrees with you of being a $cientologist therefore putting that person on the defensive. That's not a sound rebuttal, just circular mudslinging drama. It's evident you don't like being called on (disagreed with) regarding your intentionally insulting condescending posts aimed at the Ex community. If all you're here to do is pontificate and play word games then you're wasting everyone's time that is foolish enough to engage you in conversation.

Edit: I've stated why I disagree with you (post 105) and all you can do is reply with innuendo. Again, good luck with that.

Edit: You're the one fair gaming Ex's yet you accuse others of being $cientologists. LOL.

Last edited:

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I left $cientology long ago and more importantly de-culted as well. It's interesting that your first smear/slur is accuse someone that disagrees with you of being a $cientologist therefore putting that person on the defensive. That's not a sound rebuttal, just circular mudslinging drama. It's evident you don't like being called on (disagreed with) regarding your intentionally insulting condescending posts aimed at the Ex community. If all you're here to do is pontificate and play word games then you're wasting everyone's time that is foolish enough to engage you in conversation.

Edit: I've stated why I disagree with you (post 105) and all you can do is reply with innuendo. Again, good luck with that.

Edit: You're the one fair gaming Ex's yet you accuse others of being $cientologists. LOL.
Never accused you of being a scientologist, FBM.

Read it again.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Pardon me. Act like a $cientologist. Either way it's intended to be as insulting as possible which isn't surprising.

:trash:
And your posts to me are intended to be what, morning sunshine?

You treat me with respect, stay on the subject, and it will be returned.

You insult me, that will be returned too.

Count on it.

EZ Linus

Cleared Tomato
Excuse me for my naivety. I was not lucky enough to have known Alanzo, speak to him, or known his schpeal. I'd and only heard his name mentioned, yet never knew why he was considered controversial. I really had no clue. And I was on ARS back in 1999. I didn't follow it too closely. I didn't care too much about being "anti-Scientology" until I really shed all my layers (mostly layers of fear), and it's not that I am anti-Scientologists. I'd actually define myself as anti-Hubbard. And I don't rightly care what Alanzo thinks about me or people who agree with me, or people who disagree with me who are out, in, ex, or never in. I think a lot of things and do not repeat narratives for my health. I do not repeat narratives I don't believe in. I do not repeat a "narrative," per say. I believe what I believe. I strongly believe that people are capable of being manipulated, coerced, tricked, lied to, and put into trance states by saying shit to them over and over and over to them in a private room, especially children, and especially if those children have a huge incentive to be loved by and/or want to be nearby their parents. People are capable of doing these things to others as well, and, giving them the benefit of the doubt, could be tricked into doing these things to others and not exactly guilty of ill-will.

In any case, call it brainwashing, or don't. People can be lied to and tricked. False confessions by innocent people abound. This is not a phenomenon special to Scientology. Hubbard is not the only man that lied to people to make money or tried to control people. Rapists control, governments control (and make money, and lie), and cheating spouses lie. People get gaslighted. Is it their fault if they trust a lie and believe something, then FIND OUT it was false? They will feel like they wasted time. They WILL feel like they were duped, because they WERE.

This is my feeling. This is not what I am forcing or telling people to think. Alonzo is the one who said that people SHOULD think this way and that way from the first page of this thread. That people NEED to be more like this and not like that and need to see such and such. No one is telling him what to think or do. He is a hypocrite and not worth pages and pages of argument. He's seems to be a troll and probably a Scientologist, and if not, a shit stirring disrupt-er with a definite agenda...definitely.

Whatever he is, these are just his views, his feelings, and beliefs, just like anyone else's. None of these are commands. I hope no one lets his hyperbole get to them.

I haven't been here in a while and it seems things have changed a lot around here. I don't know how much I will be participating anymore, but I'm just stopping in to give my .02.

Hope everyone is well. <3

Free Being Me

Crusader
David Miscavige is obsessed with eradicating the words "brainwashing" and "cult" from "wog" language.

tom-cruise-david-miscavige-gif-going-clear.gif
I believe it has to do with Elcon not liking being exposed as a cult leader.
6pD1QCz.png

He-man

Hero extraordinary
LOL!

I used to agree with you about the "leaving a cult" part as the dominant truth of the human experience of becoming an Ex-Scientologist. I don't any more.
Is it your belief then that Scientology isn't a cult?