What's new

Thursday Funnies

RSS Feed

RSS Feeder Bot
There is a new post up at the Mike Rinder's Blog

Thursday Funnies

OT VIII confront and shatter Unless it’s an actual SP. Then it’s “run and hide” tech. But the real question is, why would a master o&the universe have to REDO a course like this? Surely she was not PTS? If you apply, you qualify They rounded up the 5 youngest SO members at […]

Continue reading...

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
Interesting post made there:

Rip Van Winkle says
July 25, 2019 at 10:51 am

Ideal Org Program – almost cancelled?

I got an unbelievable phone call from the ED of the nearest org the other day. (I’m UTR, stay friendly, far enough away furnish plausible excuses)

Here is the gist of what the Ed of this non-ideal org told me:

DM did an investigation and found that there was improper focus of activities in some small orgs. There are orgs who have very few staff and public, yet all the focus was getting an Ideal Org with lots of regging and no public. There wasn’t even staff to staff up an ideal org, nor public, so the new OT ambassador program was written to handle it.

They would now be focusing on SERVICE and DELIVERY. They want every single person to be on service, even if just an extension course. They will be just going flat out on getting everyone on the bridge and moving .

(It took everything I had to not communicate my massive eye rolling at his long spiel of stating what has been evident from the moment this ideal org program began)

He actually said this “oh yah! And he also found that there has been massive over-regging! and all kinds of illegal regging, and it was driving people away, all the focus has been on regging and now they’ve fixed it. THEY FIRED ALL THE REGGES. At that, I HAD to call it out and the solution was looney tunes. I pointed out that the non-stop regging was hardly coming from the Regs, it was from the top! He then back tracked and said that there had been regs in LA who were doing illegal things and they were all fired.

It was super nuts, folks. Seriously. You could not make this stuff up, it’s so off the wall.

Cloaked in “DM investigating and finding…” is so rich.. I can’t even deal.

But suffice to say, if this IS the new thing, if they’re pulling back from Ideal Org programs for these little empty shoe boxes (like Orlando was before they just funded that one) … and now going to focus on service and delivery….
look out.

I’ve already been getting more mail lately, now the phone calls will ramp up and the pressure to “get active”.
The ED also had a big long thing about calling everyone in and some convention or briefing about getting everyone on service and contributing to the effort, to get us to get on board with helping with this “”””” NEW”””””” program.
Un-Freakin Real.

I asked him if now the OT committees would be able to stop putting on clown shows to raise money all the time, and he hemmed and hawed and said they would do “less” of them, they’d still do them, but just once ..a week or a couple a month… or stutter stutter, ahem, er, ahh…? but really what they would start doing was working on getting people in and on service.

I’m going to look at the big shiny Scn News mag and see if they put anything in there about this new focus.

It’s not even April Fool’s Day. So weird.
Anyone else hear of this nuts stuff?