What's new

Waking Suggestion, A history of Hypnotism up to the discovery of ...

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
There is a great deal of material from out of print books that I need to add to my Hypnosis Index, - scroll down to Books and Periodicals. - Last night I typed in the following and proofread it this morning:

HYPNOSIS AND SUGGESTIBILITY
AN EXPERIMENTAL APPROACH
By CLARK L HULL
Professor of psychology of Yale university
Copyright 1933

Excerpted from pages 3 thru 18 of Chapter 1
HYPNOTISM IN SCIENTIFIC PERSPECTIVE

LINK

If carefully read, this 15 pages of one of the books I am sure that L Ron Hubbard used... will explain the difference between how hypnosis is portrayed and what it is and how it actually works, including a method used in scientology - that is, if you read this up through the last page...where you will come to understand the power of mere suggestion..

arnie lerma

PS: I was told by Hana Eltringham that back when she was Deputy Commodore, Hubbard remarked in an off hand fashion, while she was following him down a passageway on the Apollo, about the whole ball of wax that is scientology, the sea org, etc etc...

"It's all just hypnosis"

R2-45

Silver Meritorious Patron
Good stuff, Arnie.

Lrh seemed to be astonished when his lies were not believed. For example - that the military medals, the service records, and all of the body of his history was later discovered to be lies seemed to be an outcome other than what he expected.

In other words, he seemed astonished that his lies were not substantiated.

He may have fully expected that the imaginary military medals, made-up service records, and all of the body of his history that he had falsified should have been made to be true with actual physical-universe evidence.

A frightening thought.

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
From link about MESMER

"His theories are of very considerable interest to the historian of the growth of science, perhaps not so much because of the amount of truth they contained as because it has taken the world such a long time to separate the grain of truth from its enormous husk of error."

Boldface sounds similar to Hubbard, err, Hubbard's pernicious copy of Mesmer, who used an E-meter instead of MESMER's baquet.

R2-45

Silver Meritorious Patron
"His theories are of very considerable interest to the historian of the growth of science, perhaps not so much because of the amount of truth they contained as because it has taken the world such a long time to separate the grain of truth from its enormous husk of error."

So therefore, 'the world' has, after 'such a long time,' separated [this] grain of 'truth'
from its enormous husk of error?

The plot surely doth thicken...