Lyndsey Ainsworth
Cherry Lyons
Henk Larhuis
Tony Bazuik
John Harris
Ken Warren
Patrick O'Connor
Angel Garcia Lopez

Doug D'Aubrey: Management consultant, available online, but good luck on getting much response out of him.

Mark Gardner: in 2002 I stayed at a house in EG he was renting a room in, with his wife. No contact since. At the time his wife was a nurse, he worked in EG. He had taken out a bank loan to pay off his F/L bill and get back on lines.

Linzy: She reads ESMB sometimes. I'm in comm with her. She's doing OK, keeping a low profile.

Tony Baziuk: In LA, still in the SO I think. A couple of posts on ESMB give more data about him. Search for his name! (Spell it right to find it though.)

No data re the rest.

Paul

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Liz is a grandmother of one of my children, her son Mark is the father. She was a force to be reckoned with in 1969, with an air of grace and elegance and a steely will. I agree she was one of the great vocal coaches and this was her passion. However I got to see another side of her, the one that made sure her son would never marry me or even be a supportive partner in any way, and she told me that in no uncertain terms. Being a vulnerable, pregnant 16 year old at the time, and Mark also being young, the outcome was inevitable and I was left to fend for myself.

Oh yes, she was a scientologist. :bigcry:

I don't have recent news of her although she is obviously advanced in years now. I am glad she followed her passion, I will say that. She has had some contact with her granddaughter over the years as well.

Thankyou ITYIWT, Opter, Panda, AnonMary and Lurker5. :)

It's a weird coincidence that yesterday I was watching Hana's wonderful videos and in one of them there is the grainy black and white film of people aboard the RS running up some stairs. It suddenly leapt out at me that one looked awfully like Mark Sabine, I am still not sure if it is. Then I suddenly had Liz's photo staring me in the face on this thread and comments about how wonderful she was, so I decided to say my little piece now my identity is known. I knew there was a thread around here somewhere that mentioned her previously - in fact it is this old one - see post #27!

In hindsight (that wonderful thing) I can see that Liz was also struggling as a single mother back then, and the prospect of a grandchild was not an extra problem she wanted. She was not the sort of person to be easily intimidated into a mould, and her achievements in life since (including being declared) are testament to her strength of character. Scientology does not allow for love, compassion and unconditional support, and what I experienced was by no means unusual. I had known instinctively not to tell anyone I was pregnant until it was too late for an abortion as I really wanted my baby, so I became a huge problem that no-one had time for. In fact as I said in my story the "solution" to "handle my problem" was to send me to the Sea Org for goodness sake. It is so bizarre, what was supposed to happen to the baby? I was just too young and naive and those like Liz who could - and should - have helped, didn't.

Scientology creates a selfishness, a need to fight for your own survival in a way that is almost scary. On the surface people can make it appear to be a good and successful life yet the real distress of personal compromise is squashed away where no-one can see it. I have wondered over the years if Liz ever regretted what happened back then. I guess I will never know.

Forgive me rambling on here, I think it is relevant to this thread and when an issue like this raises it's head I have learned it is wise to look it in the face and review consequences of past actions and see where they landed me.

So many names here - so many untold stories.

michaelangelo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Doug D'Aubrey: Management consultant, available online, but good luck on getting much response out of him.

Mark Gardner: in 2002 I stayed at a house in EG he was renting a room in, with his wife. No contact since. At the time his wife was a nurse, he worked in EG. He had taken out a bank loan to pay off his F/L bill and get back on lines.

Linzy: She reads ESMB sometimes. I'm in comm with her. She's doing OK, keeping a low profile.

Tony Baziuk: In LA, still in the SO I think. A couple of posts on ESMB give more data about him. Search for his name! (Spell it right to find it though.)

No data re the rest.

Paul

Thanks for the info. Linzy was/is a nice lady. I hope I'm thinking of the right person. She worked in Div 6 before becoming one of the execs. She had red hair. I saw Brian Andrews in Brighton about 20 years ago. He was on his way to the nudist beach.
Looked up Doug D'aubrey on the internet. He looks a lot different these days.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I have wondered over the years if Liz ever regretted what happened back then. I guess I will never know.

Sure you will, if you want to find out. Ask her. You're both still alive. She's well-known in her field as a vocal coach. Google her, full name of Elizabeth Sabine. If you can't find a direct comm line, write to her publisher, Vendera Publishing. I can't believe they wouldn't pass on a polite message that starts, "Dear Liz, My name is _____. You may remember me as the mother of your son's child . . ." or whatever.

Paul

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Sure you will, if you want to find out. Ask her. You're both still alive. She's well-known in her field as a vocal coach. Google her, full name of Elizabeth Sabine. If you can't find a direct comm line, write to her publisher, Vendera Publishing. I can't believe they wouldn't pass on a polite message that starts, "Dear Liz, My name is _____. You may remember me as the mother of your son's child . . ." or whatever.

Paul

No Paul, but thanks, you made me smile. We're talking 40 years ago and for whatever reason this all came up the last few days, it is my issue to review and ponder and send off into the ether. I just had an update on her and it's ok to now let it go.:)

IMMORTAL

Patron Meritorious
Regarding Phyllis Houlihan, the last I know which was a couple of years ago by now, she was working in the reg area at ASHO.

Cat Savage was on OTVII and running a Narconon in CA.

Xfactor

Re: WHERE ARE THEY NOW? . . . Xavier Jarquin answers. . .

Dear TP, Skollie, and any and all concerned,

Hi. I'm Xavier Jarquin. I can, most respectfully and sincerely, tell you both and all concerned three key things:

1) Don't believe everything you hear or read, especially from "Indies," who unfortunately are too often engaging themselves in witch hunts with anyone that does not zealously agree 100% with either their points of view, or their actions, or both. It took me a long time to even find out that Steve Hall did a post on me, and frankly, it's been an even longer time since I did find out and I've not done a thing about it, as even though it had falsehoods galore, speaking frankly, I've had a lot MORE important things to deal with in my life (and enjoying it has been one of them), than to deal with a post on me on an Scn/Indie site.

I may soon take some action on it, yet if it goes to no avail, I will let it be, as again, it matters little to me, and even less to those that count, to those that have really known me, and who are still my true friends now.

2) For whatever it is worth to you, I can most sincerely and without any reservation tell u that I'm NOT a spy, not for DM, RTC, CSI, Scientologists
--- or ANYONE at all, for that matter. You surely have a right to believe what you wish, and I'll respect that right. Just remember that, for your
own sake in life, you really should not get so easily "shocked", or believe everything you hear, especially when the source is either a Scientologist
"in good standing" or an Indie, both who are quite paranoid, and who still have a vested interest and an agenda and, worst of all, are still greatly
programmed (yes, brainwashed) to continue finding conflict even where there isn't one, and witches to hunt and burn, even with those that only express dissent. I don't wish these guys any harm, yet this is the truth.

3) So u all know, I am NOT a Scientologist at all (I am EX-Scientologist, if you want to call it that as
a label of sorts), I don't believe in Hubbard, the "Tech", or practice ANY of it, and haven't done so for 3 whole years. I am, by my choice and theirs, not connected by friendship or any other relation, to any Scientologists in good standing with the "Church", or with any Indies. I realized the total fraud and con of Scientology, with Hubbard
being THE original Conman (followed by many, including DM, his minions and even some of his current "enemies" in the Indy field and beyond), many moons ago. After I "decompressed" for a
while (as we all have had to do), I'm been living
my life in an ethical and enjoyable fashion, as
best I can, and truly independent of the pseudo-philosophy and "religion" of Scientology. :thumbsup: :happydance:

So you know, I may come back to this board only once or twice per month, if so. As I'm sure most
of you would agree, there's lots more important
and fun things to do in life than this, yet feel free to post as you wish, and I'll answer anything related to me, or this post, when I come back to the forum.

Best wishes to each and everyone of you in your life journey, :)

Xavier

Xfactor

Thanks, Pooks.

I think I'll go ahead and start a new thread, as you've suggested,
introducing myself and referring people to my first post here. I just
happened to land on the page of this thread from a Google search,
so I just went right to it, yet what you said makes good sense. :yes:

Clarence Rockaway

Patron with Honors
Hana and Jerry Whitfield
I used to be very close to them, especially Hana. I can't believe that they're aren't registered with ESMB. But then the cult would try to get them for sure. They've caused more successful grief to the cult than most people. They were living on Occidental near Temple street in L.A. when I knew them. They had an adorable little cat named Princess. One day they came home and Princess was stretched out in front of their thre:bigcry:shold,...dead. Reach your own conclusions. Reuben Hart