What's new

WHERE ARE THEY NOW?

ClearedSP

Patron with Honors
Doug Lindeman.

Doug and Lanna stayed together for a while, and had a daughter, who is now grown and married. Doug got out, got involved in film making and a spiritual group, the Deeksha movement. Doug was living in Berkeley a few years ago, when he was diagnosed with colon cancer, which had spread too far to be treatable. He hung in there until May 1, 2006. There is a page about him, put up by his old friend Mallory Kates (another ex staff member, long escaped), here: http://mallorykates.typepad.com/about_doug/

He was a great guy, I'm sorry that I didn't know about this until it was too late to say goodbye.

Wow - about Amber and her mom dying -- I always thought she was a hard bitch too, but when you got to know her she was a very caring person. Just "unreasonable". Being in charge of Qual you should be, IMHO.

But the sad thing as I just PMd to Grundy -- she married the ASHO F Cram Off a couple of years ago and then he suddenly died a few months later. He couldn't have been more than 35 yrs old. Tall, gangly guy with odd glasses. Sorry can't remember his name.

Stevo

Liz Sabine was unjustly declared SP at Saint Hill in '74. Lived in East Grinstead with Mike Betteridge. Don't know what happened to her.

Cherished

Silver Meritorious Patron
I've been trying to locate or get any news about 2 old friends of mine. They both joined the SO about the same time in the late 70's. John Brousseau and Mike Lemeron. I been trying to locate them off and on for quite a long time and was curious what they were doing and if they were even still in scientology.
It was sdad111's only post here.

If you're still out there, sdad111, JB is out!

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2010/05/01/to-lrh-he-was-jb/

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Liz is alive and well according to her website.

Liz must have been undeclared because I knew her in the 80's in Los Angeles and she's been a voice coach for many years before and after that .

I never saw or heard of her being on services during the 80's . She just came and visited CCI and was treated like royalty an went about her way, networking. To me, she was not really a dedicated scientologist as she was an oldtimer celebrity like Milton Katselas , who when pressured to move on the bridge, was attacked for not being dedicated. ( see the comment by actress Roz Cohn).

I always liked Liz but never saw her as being involved in scientology, only in doing her thing as a professional voice coach. I hope they have left her alone. She deserves that
Here is her website:
http://elizabethsabine.net/
Eliz3a.jpg

Liz Sabine was unjustly declared SP at Saint Hill in '74. Lived in East Grinstead with Mike Betteridge. Don't know what happened to her.

Last edited:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Ms Sabine is one of the great vocal coaches. She's the real deal, folks!
Long before I ever heard of her having any connection to scn I commented, "Wow! She sounds like a scientologist, a very sane one!"
Her skill in communicating her vocal teachings is exemplary.

Feral

Rogue male
I think I coached her on OTVI at Flag. She told me that she made a living as a voice coach for celebs an that she could help me get rid of that accent I had. She had a sparkle in her eye and was a lot of fun.

I told her that I didn't have an accent and asked what she was doing to help all the poor 'Mercans with their strange sounding voices.

Liz is alive and well according to her website.

Liz must have been undeclared because I knew her in the 80's in Los Angeles and she's been a voice coach for many years before and after that .

I never saw or heard of her being on services during the 80's . She just came and visited CCI and was treated like royalty an went about her way, networking. To me, she was not really a dedicated scientologist as she was an oldtimer celebrity like Milton Katselas , who when pressured to move on the bridge, was attacked for not being dedicated. ( see the comment by actress Roz Cohn).

I always liked Liz but never saw her as being involved in scientology, only in doing her thing as a professional voice coach. I hope they have left her alone. She deserves that
Here is her website:
http://elizabethsabine.net/
Eliz3a.jpg

Carmel

Crusader
I think I coached her on OTVI at Flag. She told me that she made a living as a voice coach for celebs an that she could help me get rid of that accent I had. She had a sparkle in her eye and was a lot of fun.

I told her that I didn't have an accent and asked what she was doing to help all the poor 'Mercans with their strange sounding voices.
:hysterical:

That's bloody funny, saying that to *you* of all people! LOL! I'm sure that the mere thought of it would give you the heebie geebies. :giggle:

doublevee

Patron
OMG Jay?!?!?

Wow - about Amber and her mom dying -- I always thought she was a hard bitch too, but when you got to know her she was a very caring person. Just "unreasonable". Being in charge of Qual you should be, IMHO.

But the sad thing as I just PMd to Grundy -- she married the ASHO F Cram Off a couple of years ago and then he suddenly died a few months later. He couldn't have been more than 35 yrs old. Tall, gangly guy with odd glasses. Sorry can't remember his name.

michaelangelo

Gold Meritorious Patron
What became of ?

Doug D'Aubrey
Brian Andrews
Mark Gardener
Lyndsey Ainsworth
Cherry Lyons
Henk Larhuis
Tony Bazuik
John Harris
Ken Warren
Patrick O'Connor
Angel Garcia Lopez

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Doug D'Aubrey
Brian Andrews
Mark Gardener
Lyndsey Ainsworth
Cherry Lyons
Henk Larhuis
Tony Bazuik
John Harris
Ken Warren
Patrick O'Connor
Angel Garcia Lopez

Hank Laarhuis passed away a while ago. He spent the last years of his life living in Holland so that he would not be extradited to France to serve his sentence.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Ms Sabine is one of the great vocal coaches. She's the real deal, folks!
Long before I ever heard of her having any connection to scn I commented, "Wow! She sounds like a scientologist, a very sane one!"
Her skill in communicating her vocal teachings is exemplary.

Liz is a grandmother of one of my children, her son Mark is the father. She was a force to be reckoned with in 1969, with an air of grace and elegance and a steely will. I agree she was one of the great vocal coaches and this was her passion. However I got to see another side of her, the one that made sure her son would never marry me or even be a supportive partner in any way, and she told me that in no uncertain terms. Being a vulnerable, pregnant 16 year old at the time, and Mark also being young, the outcome was inevitable and I was left to fend for myself.

Oh yes, she was a scientologist. :bigcry:

I don't have recent news of her although she is obviously advanced in years now. I am glad she followed her passion, I will say that. She has had some contact with her granddaughter over the years as well.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Liz is a grandmother of one of my children, her son Mark is the father. She was a force to be reckoned with in 1969, with an air of grace and elegance and a steely will. I agree she was one of the great vocal coaches and this was her passion. However I got to see another side of her, the one that made sure her son would never marry me or even be a supportive partner in any way, and she told me that in no uncertain terms. Being a vulnerable, pregnant 16 year old at the time, and Mark also being young, the outcome was inevitable and I was left to fend for myself.

I don't have recent news of her although she is obviously advanced in years now. I am glad she followed her passion, I will say that. She has had some contact with her granddaughter over the years as well.

After reading your story Free to shine and now this, I just want to say that your air of grace is pretty impressive (amongst other things).

:blowkiss:

:heartflower::heartflower::heartflower:

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Wow. Somehow, I am not surprised by this. So sorry you didn't get the support you needed :bigcry:

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Wow

Wow, this is awful. Must have been tough on you - but you did it. :bravo:
Extraordinary women are capable of extraordinary things :thumbsup:.