What's new

WHY SCIENTOLOGY IS FORCED TO LIE

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
To lie or not to lie, that is the question all scientologists must ask themselves. Surprisingly, they reach this decision easily and quickly. To lie. But why?

Let's take a look at the big, big picture first. For over a half century, Scientology has promised the lofty state of CLEAR and, beyond that, the transcendent state of OPERATING THETAN and eventually... TOTAL FREEDOM.

Most everyone who has spent time in the amusement park called ScientologyWorld eventually figures out that the grand mystical adventure is really only some ordinary "rides" in an earthbound theme park. At the end of the day you board a tram with everyone else, get shuttled to the parking lot, get in your car and drive home. Some people stay for the weekend, perhaps even come back again, or end up working there. But all the rides are contained within the park, none of them actually go anywhere.

What would really happen if the state of OPERATING THETAN was really true? Honestly, if just one single person in the past 60 years had actually become an OPERATING THETAN, is there any slightest doubt that the Church of Scientology would have:

1) recorded it in every conceivable way on film and video for purposes of authentication.
2) provided live demonstrations under controlled conditions for scientific verification by an independent consortium of recognized experts and institutions.
3) promoted the miracles endlessly by selling books, tapes, DVDs, seminars, courses, etc.
4) unleashed a mass-media barrage to announce to the world the single greatest scientific and spiritual discovery in recorded history via radio, television, talk shows, magazines, newspapers, advertisements, etc.

Just one (1) single OPERATING THETAN demonstrating any old kind of OT ability would have done the trick. Exterior perception, levitation, creation of matter or energy, destruction of matter or energy, etc. That single OT showing off for a few hours would have been exponentially more valuable than the hundreds of millions of dollars that Scientology has spent promoting itself for all these decades.

One lone OT would have actually caused the worldwide expansion that Scientology has been pretending to have. An international avalanche of new people trying to get auditing and training would be lined up around the block. Hundreds of billions of dollars would have been banked and the hard sales courses for registrars would have been replaced with a three minute course in how to ring up a cash register. No need to sell anyone anything when they throw their money at you.

Is there any conceivable reason Scientology would not have promoted their own product, an OPERATING THETAN, if it was true? If you are still thinking that there is some reason Ron gave about not doing "parlor tricks" then here is a hint. Life doesn't work like that. When you claim to have miraculous technology to save the entire world, heal disease, cure insanity, stop war and criminality and release every man, woman and child from degradation and entrapment, then you are happy to provide some proof of this to encourage them to let you help them be saved for eternity. Right?

Okay, remember, we are talking about why Scientology lies.

They have to lie because....... because Scientology can not do any of the miraculous things it claims. Never could.

So, instead of just showing the world what a CLEAR can do...

Instead of putting a live event on TV for everyone in the world that shows an OPERATING THETAN in action, they have to lie.

Lie about the results. Lie about the critics. Lie about the policies of the Church like Fair Game and Disconnection (both of which are obviously there to cover up the big lie that they can make a CLEAR or OT).

Scientologists lie to others (and themselves until they wake up) because there is no Bridge to Total Freedom. There is no Clear. There is no OT. These are just words. Not one person, Hubbard included, ever reached these mythical places.

If they don't lie, they figure, they will go out of business (which is not true, they would just become an ordinary self-help group like Tony Robbins, Deepak Chopra, Jenny Craig and others).

If they don't lie, they figure, they will lose all hope as an individual. (which is not true because hope is not based on lies, it is based on seeking truth)

So, that's it in a nutshell, they lie because they can't afford to tell the truth, they think.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Heh.. They could fool us all by recruiting David Copperfield or Derren Brown?

Oh Yeah!

And I like their magic show better anyways because if paying customers figure out how the trick is done, they don't assign you a lower condition! (hahaha)

8-8008

Patron with Honors
The Basics were not ready and they realized them. What do I mean ? Lots of languagues were not ready and we had to wait weeks before we could deliver to the public. Justification : Too much sales in english so they could not put the machine OFF line to produce the other languages. So yes this was a lie and the answer to the public 'There are soooo many people buying that it is being reproduced'. LIE and again a lie. It should be here within few days. LIE again, never did. Or even some registrar were taking the opportinuty by saying THIS IS SOOOO HOT that you should donate more and more. So the public were. Publics were told that going up the bridge would get them to be more powerful and being able to make more money. LIE AGAIN. I know some who went bankrupt after this kind of crap. Some went OFF line because they had to have few jobs to pay their debts off. And of course they were told that they are out ethics.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Scientology is 'forced' to lie because the day they tell the *truth* is the day they're shut down for good and the 'seniors' go to jail.

Zinj

xseaorguk

Patron Meritorious
What did Hubbards eldest son, Ron Hubbards Jnr. born 1934 (later name changed to Ron dewolf) say?
He said in videos that can be seen on youtube and in interviews he gave that his father was a compulsive liar.
If anybody should know then it would be family, dont you think.

I spent 30 yrs in this friggin CULT and had never even heard of the guy, wonder why....?

HelluvaHoax!

Scientology is 'forced' to lie because the day they tell the *truth* is the day they're shut down for good and the 'seniors' go to jail.

Zinj

Wait! First don't we get to enjoy TrialPalooza ? These things happen every 30 years or so:

Nuremberg Trial (1946) "...but we were merely following orders..."

Patty Hearst Trial (1976) "...but it was Stockholm syndrome..."

Scientology Trial (3 years overdue) "but we (fill in the blank)..."

Hmmm, what will they claim?

PDH Syndrome? (Post-Dianetics-Hubbardology Syndrome)

Last edited:

Mystic

Crusader
To lie or not to lie, that is the question all scientologists must ask themselves. Surprisingly, they reach this decision easily and quickly. To lie. But why?

Let's take a look at the big, big picture first. For over a half century, Scientology has promised the lofty state of CLEAR and, beyond that, the transcendent state of OPERATING THETAN and eventually... TOTAL FREEDOM.

Most everyone who has spent time in the amusement park called ScientologyWorld eventually figures out that the grand mystical adventure is really only some ordinary "rides" in an earthbound theme park. At the end of the day you board a tram with everyone else, get shuttled to the parking lot, get in your car and drive home. Some people stay for the weekend, perhaps even come back again, or end up working there. But all the rides are contained within the park, none of them actually go anywhere.

What would really happen if the state of OPERATING THETAN was really true? Honestly, if just one single person in the past 60 years had actually become an OPERATING THETAN, is there any slightest doubt that the Church of Scientology would have:

1) recorded it in every conceivable way on film and video for purposes of authentication.
2) provided live demonstrations under controlled conditions for scientific verification by an independent consortium of recognized experts and institutions.
3) promoted the miracles endlessly by selling books, tapes, DVDs, seminars, courses, etc.
4) unleashed a mass-media barrage to announce to the world the single greatest scientific and spiritual discovery in recorded history via radio, television, talk shows, magazines, newspapers, advertisements, etc.

Just one (1) single OPERATING THETAN demonstrating any old kind of OT ability would have done the trick. Exterior perception, levitation, creation of matter or energy, destruction of matter or energy, etc. That single OT showing off for a few hours would have been exponentially more valuable than the hundreds of millions of dollars that Scientology has spent promoting itself for all these decades.

One lone OT would have actually caused the worldwide expansion that Scientology has been pretending to have. An international avalanche of new people trying to get auditing and training would be lined up around the block. Hundreds of billions of dollars would have been banked and the hard sales courses for registrars would have been replaced with a three minute course in how to ring up a cash register. No need to sell anyone anything when they throw their money at you.

Is there any conceivable reason Scientology would not have promoted their own product, an OPERATING THETAN, if it was true? If you are still thinking that there is some reason Ron gave about not doing "parlor tricks" then here is a hint. Life doesn't work like that. When you claim to have miraculous technology to save the entire world, heal disease, cure insanity, stop war and criminality and release every man, woman and child from degradation and entrapment, then you are happy to provide some proof of this to encourage them to let you help them be saved for eternity. Right?

Okay, remember, we are talking about why Scientology lies.

They have to lie because....... because Scientology can not do any of the miraculous things it claims. Never could.

So, instead of just showing the world what a CLEAR can do...

Instead of putting a live event on TV for everyone in the world that shows an OPERATING THETAN in action, they have to lie.

Lie about the results. Lie about the critics. Lie about the policies of the Church like Fair Game and Disconnection (both of which are obviously there to cover up the big lie that they can make a CLEAR or OT).

Scientologists lie to others (and themselves until they wake up) because there is no Bridge to Total Freedom. There is no Clear. There is no OT. These are just words. Not one person, Hubbard included, ever reached these mythical places.

If they don't lie, they figure, they will go out of business (which is not true, they would just become an ordinary self-help group like Tony Robbins, Deepak Chopra, Jenny Craig and others).

If they don't lie, they figure, they will lose all hope as an individual. (which is not true because hope is not based on lies, it is based on seeking truth)

So, that's it in a nutshell, they lie because they can't afford to tell the truth, they think.

Oh good show! Excellently said!

HelluvaHoax!

The lies are strategically placed to bring in the money.

Great thread btw.:thumbsup:

THX! Interesting perspective, I like what you said!

It conjured up images of a battlefield where land-mines (lies) are "strategically placed" in front of the truth. Problem is, lots of inquisitive folks keep stepping on these land mines and they blow up (on Scientology) because the truth is then visible. Damn, those pesky truth seekers are really screwing up a perfectly good scam! haha

owl

Patron with Honors
I was told that the following things have happened:

-they needed it to stop raining for an outdoor event so they asked the OTs to make it stop raining and they all got together, concentrated or whatever, and made it stop raining

-someone had lost something in her house and an OT told her where she could find it, and it was there

Some other things, but they were along those lines. Makes me kind of roll my eyes a little bit.

owl

Patron with Honors
The Basics were not ready and they realized them. What do I mean ? Lots of languagues were not ready and we had to wait weeks before we could deliver to the public. Justification : Too much sales in english so they could not put the machine OFF line to produce the other languages. So yes this was a lie and the answer to the public 'There are soooo many people buying that it is being reproduced'. LIE and again a lie. It should be here within few days. LIE again, never did. Or even some registrar were taking the opportinuty by saying THIS IS SOOOO HOT that you should donate more and more. So the public were. Publics were told that going up the bridge would get them to be more powerful and being able to make more money. LIE AGAIN. I know some who went bankrupt after this kind of crap. Some went OFF line because they had to have few jobs to pay their debts off. And of course they were told that they are out ethics.

Ugh, in regards to lies and the Basics, what they kept doing was saying THERE'S A SPECIAL DEAL ON NOW AND IT'S GOING OFF ON THIS DATE YOU NEED TO BUY IT NOW so people would scramble to get this special deal that saved them hundreds of dollars... the end date came around, and the deal never went off and they would say OH WELL IT GOT EXTENDED SO THAT EVERYONE COULD HAVE A CHANCE BUT ITS GOING OFF FOR SURE AT THIS NEXT DATE 100% OVER U HAVE TO GET IT NOW IM SERIOUS and then the date would roll around and the deal would still be there and they would do this a few more times to the point that I just was like "whatever" . I was irritated that I was lied to and messed around. It wasn't just saying that the date was ending, it was like a hurried, frantic ITS ENDING AND IM POSITIVE ABOUT THAT, U NEED TO GET THIS. Like, why would you do that? Just knock it off and don't lie, it doesn't make me want to put my trust into an organization that acts like a used car dealership.

HelluvaHoax!

I was told that the following things have happened:

-they needed it to stop raining for an outdoor event so they asked the OTs to make it stop raining and they all got together, concentrated or whatever, and made it stop raining

-someone had lost something in her house and an OT told her where she could find it, and it was there

Some other things, but they were along those lines. Makes me kind of roll my eyes a little bit.

Wow! I have a huge OT win like that I want to share! I was driving and came to a stoplight which turned red. I waited impatiently for it to change to green and stop suppressing my speed of particle flow. I called my local OT Committee and asked for support. We conferenced several OT VIIIs onto the call and they told me that we should not validate a downstat, but should all simultaneously "postulate that the light will change". After only two minutes, the suppression was shattered and it turned green! I cogged that the red light was from the psychs, I line charged, hit the gas and sent a theta com to Ron thanking him for giving me the tech to be free of all MEST counter intention!

Last edited:

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron

Wow! I have a huge OT win like that I want to share! I was driving and came to a stoplight which turned red. I waited impatiently for it to change to green and stop suppressing my speed of particle flow. I called my local OT Committee and asked for support. We conferenced several OT VIIIs onto the call and they told me that we should not validate a downstat, but should all simultaneously "postulate that the light will change". After only two minutes, the suppression was shattered and it turned green! I cogged that the red light was from the psychs, I line charged, hit the gas and sent a theta com to Ron thanking him for giving me the tech to be free of all MEST counter intention!

This is too freakin' funny and SO close to reality,

Just had to bump this thread.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
How about this lie?

LRH states "you should not mix money with religion":whistling:and then they proceed to call themselves a "religion" that does nothing but mix money with more money and more money and more money infinity...and no one on the inside notices....:ohmy:

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
How about this lie?

LRH states "you should not mix money with religion":whistling:and then they proceed to call themselves a "religion" that does nothing but mix money with more money and more money and more money infinity...and no one on the inside notices....:ohmy:

I don't remember seeing that quote anywhere. Was this a Tech (Blech) quote or an Admin (Crapmin) thing?

HelluvaHoax!

How about this lie?

How true! That's a good one, I think we'll send that one over to the Stupid Thread! LOL.

On the other hand, the Commodore and the COB actually do adhere to the policy of "not mixing money with religion"--which is why all the money that the church gets from its parishioners immediately gets sent out of the church, uplines to the non-religious, unholy cult leaders.

Scientologists: Whatever they told you, don't use a regular dictionary to try to "clear" it. Instead, use a dictionary of Synonyms & Antonyms--and ignore the synonyms. Only then will you achieve full conceptual understanding of what they are saying.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

Great blast from the past!

Scientologists have no choice but to lie. See, L Ron Hubbard "discovered" that the single urge of all beings is to survive. In his Technical Dictionary, he said " . . . survival might be defined as an impulse to persist through time, in space, as matter and energy . . . ". Starting with the entry-level Tone Scale concept, just about everything within Scientology has to do with ensuring survival, both of the individual and Scientology itself. However, the bedrock, inviolable, fundamental truths of Scientology contained within its Axioms state quite clearly that " . . . Anything which persists must avoid as-isness. Thus, anything, to persist, must contain a lie." In short, if Scientologists were to stop lying and start as-ising Scientology, it would disappear because . . .

AS-IS, to view anything exactly as it is without any distortions or lies, at which moment it will vanish and cease to exist.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
I don't remember seeing that quote anywhere. Was this a Tech (Blech) quote or an Admin (Crapmin) thing?

I recall it was in a tape and I read it too - many times. He drivels quite a bit about money - says he tried doing it for free but it did not work. He also said LIE #2 - "I did not want to call it a religion - YOU did". (meaning the members - something about improving conditions for the thetan - oh, yes indeed - Scientology really improves conditions for the thetan now doesn't it? The only problem is us and are bodies did not want THOSE conditions (financial ruin, destroyed families, slave labor conditions).

I did not know at the time what the "cost" was to do the Bridge - carefully hidden from view. I remember having a "wognition" about it that it does cost money to run a building etc...and these staff members are paid :omg::no: so that makes sense that the Co$ has to charge a little something for their "services".

Then when I found out the real cost - I was deep in a heap of personal chaos and trauma Scientology helped me create - and then I was shown a reference about "necessity level":duh: and of course, LIE #3 - "SCIENTOLOGY CAN HELP WITH THAT" - but nothing in writing guaranteeing that it would help.

Then I remember signing contracts stating "Scientology guarantee's nothing and if you get worse, I would not SUE".

When I asked about these contracts - I was told LIE #4 - "The pyschs sent in crazy people on psych drugs that got worse and sued Scientology.
duh.gif
It sort of made sense.

They neglected to show me the "CYA" TECH: "If it is not in writing it is not true". This is how Scientology covers their asses.

A STAT DRIVEN LIFE - (Another LIE - telling staff members of a CHURCH to run their CHURCH by Statistics) causes (to get their stat) and make promises that are not true and they have never even had the service or gone up the Bridge - but they are making promises that Scientology works..etc.

When it does not work - they pull out the "When Standardly Applied". (By David Miscavige's own admission - the tech has NEVER been standard) LOL well, until now...GAT II :whistling:

LIE #5- "Doctrine of Exchange" - make sure you give more than what you are paid for. I really believed Scientology would deliver this due to the extreme cost. I had no clue at the time that the staff were not paid much of anything and the Org was kept intentionally poor.

I will tell you this - when I saw ANON protester's outside of the Morgue with signs stating "SCIENTOLOGY LIES" - that IMPINGED HARD! It actually started the "deprograming" process.....little bits of truth seeping in the bubble until it pops!

Last edited: