What's new

New member. Currently reading Dianetics...

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Lmao. I did do the Student Hat, but not for 4 1/2 years That was another load of boring bollocks, trying to decipher and select the relevant bits out of Hubbards nonsensical garbage..........
If scientology was a load of boring bollocks and Hubbard produced nonsensical garbage, I can't understand what you were doing there in the first place. Can you enlighten me?

Ali Shibaz

Fuck Scientology
You don't have to take any drugs to innoculate yourself. All you have to do is tell them you once did.

Even better, if you tell them that you get terrible headaches and must take some kind of drug daily (like Codeine), they won't have anything to do with you.

They will try to talk you out of taking those drugs. But as long as you insist you will never stop taking the meds you need, they will just leave you alone. At least I think that is true.

That's what I did with them and it worked pretty good. You should have heard the ridiculous crap they told me about why I had to stop taking all drugs. But I just kept repeating "no" and I figure that probably saved me half a million dollars and about 30 years out of my life.

Fuck Scientology!

Ali Shibaz

Fuck Scientology
Certainly! Some of us were hoping to meet a nice girl (or boy) and get laid. Or else we had some other motive that had nothing to do with the idiotic shit they were selling.

DonParker70

Greetings!

The reason I registered on this board is that I'm basically trying to cheapskate my way through scientology. I've heard it's very expensive so I'm scared to even visit the Scientology shop in my city.

I would appreciate any advice on how to educate myself without the expenses

So far I have:

• I borrowed Dianetics from the library
  • I got the two hour long "How to do dianetics" dvd through torrents
  • Found a two hour lecture by David Mayo on how to use dianetics without an e-meter
LRH was never able to produce even one person that he described as "clear" in Book One Dianetics. As I remember, Hubbard was lying and saying that he already had some 270 cases who invariably had full visio and sonic recall, did not get colds, did not have any accidents through any fault of their own, had perfect eyesight and other senses that they didn't have before...etc. Get real! There was no real research at all let alone peer-reviewed research. LRH pulled all of those ideas out of his arse and had nothing to back it up then and certainly not now. I was a really good Book One auditor for a time. I believed that bullshit too..Until I saw it for what it really was.

Ali Shibaz

Fuck Scientology
If you don't want to get colds, I will tell you something that has worked for me. I have not had a single cold now in the past 40 years.

Forty years ago, I thought of a silly theory that colds were the body's way of eliminating a certain kind of toxin. I wondered what was the most like source of those toxins and I thought the growth hormones put into meat products - beef and chicken - especially.

I became a vegetarian and have not had a cold since.

Could this be just a silly co-incidence? Of course it could! But I thought I'd tell you all in any case. Just in case you'd like to try it. I think you have to give it a few months though before the colds stop. You may have some of those toxins already in your system so even after becoming a vegetarian, it may take a few months before you stop having the colds.

Good luck all and ... umm .... Fuck Scientology!

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
If you don't want to get colds, I will tell you something that has worked for me. I have not had a single cold now in the past 40 years.

Forty years ago, I thought of a silly theory that colds were the body's way of eliminating a certain kind of toxin. I wondered what was the most like source of those toxins and I thought the growth hormones put into meat products - beef and chicken - especially.

Could this be just a silly co-incidence? Of course it could! But I thought I'd tell you all in any case. Just in case you'd like to try it. I think you have to give it a few months though before the colds stop. You may have some of those toxins already in your system so even after becoming a vegetarian, it may take a few months before you stop having the colds.

I stopped eating meat over 10 years ago and I still get colds, although rarely. But I haven't seen a doctor in all that time and I never take medicines of any kind so I think that going veggie was right for me.

exbritscino

Patron with Honors
If scientology was a load of boring bollocks and Hubbard produced nonsensical garbage, I can't understand what you were doing there in the first place. Can you enlighten me?
"Nonsensical garbage and boring bollocks" is the way I see it now, and often when I was in.
I was kept in using the donkey and carrot technique. Waiting for the amazing results to make me into a super being, just like I was promised "on the next level"
After I left the cult I found a lot of people were of the same thoughts.

DonParker70

"Nonsensical garbage and boring bollocks" is the way I see it now, and often when I was in.
I was kept in using the donkey and carrot technique. Waiting for the amazing results to make me into a super being, just like I was promised "on the next level"
That was exactly my experience. I read Dianetics and I wanted to believe that shit. I was a cultie. I wanted to hear and read and believe everything Hubbard put out. I'm 23 years out of the cult now. I was a true believer and first "clue" came after I joined the Sea Org. I left there and never went back.

strativarius

My thoughts are that you must have a super-efficient immune system. I think it's pretty well established that colds and 'flu' are caused by viruses and haven't really got much to do with toxins in the body.

Personally I wouldn't mind getting the odd cold now and again if it was the price I'd have to pay to indulge in a nice tender delicious sirloin steak from time to time. :biggrin:

DonParker70

You don't have to take any drugs to innoculate yourself. All you have to do is tell them you once did.

Even better, if you tell them that you get terrible headaches and must take some kind of drug daily (like Codeine), they won't have anything to do with you.

They will try to talk you out of taking those drugs. But as long as you insist you will never stop taking the meds you need, they will just leave you alone. At least I think that is true.

That's what I did with them and it worked pretty good. You should have heard the ridiculous crap they told me about why I had to stop taking all drugs. But I just kept repeating "no" and I figure that probably saved me half a million dollars and about 30 years out of my life.

Fuck Scientology!
If drugs are really needed then so be it. The drug companies are the only legal cartel. You can't patent a natural substance so the drug lords have to come up with chemicals that are foreign to the body. No wonder there are so many side effects. Most often they only relieve the ailment and don't really treat or cure it.

Fuck Scientology!

strativarius

Certainly! Some of us were hoping to meet a nice girl (or boy) and get laid. Or else we had some other motive that had nothing to do with the idiotic shit they were selling.
Well, I met several nice girls and I f****d pretty well all of them. (Or I f****d them all pretty well, depending on your point of view). LOL.

As far as the drugs went it was well-known that I was an inveterate dope fiend and had taken loads of acid, but it didn't stop them recruiting me into the Sea Org.

Too much information? Oh well, too bad, I always was a gobby bastard.

Last edited:

screamer2

Idiot Bastardson

Fuck Scientology!
:footbullet:

Irayam

Patron with Honors
Aaaah... the famous next level!!
I was also wondering about this famous next level (the most efficient level on the bridge, by the way...) when I was in the cult.

Irayam

Reasonable

Silver Meritorious Patron
Greetings!

The reason I registered on this board is that I'm basically trying to cheapskate my way through scientology. I've heard it's very expensive so I'm scared to even visit the Scientology shop in my city.

I would appreciate any advice on how to educate myself without the expenses

So far I have:

• I borrowed Dianetics from the library
  • I got the two hour long "How to do dianetics" dvd through torrents
  • Found a two hour lecture by David Mayo on how to use dianetics without an e-meter
Dianetics can work for some people sometimes but let me try de-mythologize it for you. It is a method that lets your brain more fully process traumatic incidents and it can bring relief. Not always but if it didn't work at all this cult would not last.

If you want to understand from a brain stand point what it is read a book on EMDR. Eye Motion Desensitization Reprocessing. There you will get an up to date explanation of what is going on with Dianetics. The only difference bestrewn EMDR and Dianetics is that with EMDR you move your eyes back and forth while recalling the traumatic event so that the event processes in the left and right side of the brain.

Even with EMDR they will tell you that an event can be hooked into an earlier similar event. They don't use a meter to find the events, but you don't need one, you can tell what is bothering you if you carefully over your life.

I have to admit that Hubbard did this in the 30's (and I think he got much of it from Fraud...I'm not sure) but EMDR only came out in the 80's.

Now there are 2 other techniques that do the same thing. NET Neuro Emotional Technique. They use muscle testing to find painful incidents.

And EFT Emotional Freedom Technique.

also TFT temporal field tapping.

All these techniques are very similar to dianetics.

They have different methods for finding incidents, some have to tapping points, others use eye movement, whatever. They all have earlier similar events. But they basically do the same thing. The truth of it is Hubbard pre-dates them all, so I would not be surprised if the inventors of these techniques read dianetics.

The danger of Hubbard is that he tells you this is a spiritual technique and that he is directly talking to your soul, but the other techniques describe it as a brain function technique.

Hubbard also tells you that once you get rid of all your painful events you will be clear, and that there are a limited number of these things, and these are the things that are blocking you from perfect recall and cause all the ills in your life. That is where it becomes a danger. Its when he attaches lies to some truth.

When he talks about locks and secondaries other techniques talk about incident being connected and they talk about triggers. That does not sound so crazy to me. When he talks about the "file clerk" people take that literally , and he may mean it literally, I'm not sure. But in terms of EMDR, NET, EFT or TFT they talk about completing a process in the brain that you were not able to complete at the time of the incident.

That is (some of) the dangers of Hubbard. There are more. Then the really big lies happen on the upper levels, and yes they will try to get your family in then separate you from them if you quit, they will come to your house at night demaning you give them money or join the sea org.And yes, if the processing does not work they will tell you that it is becasue you are a really bad fucked up person who has to spend even more money to get saved. Don't get caught in the trap.

...so yes that can be a problem. But the idea of processing old traumatic events can be very useful.

In my opinion a way to stop Scientology is not simply to say it does not work, because sometimes (like many therapies) it does. But if we show what it actually is then it loses its "secret sauce" and it basically becomes another burger.

here are some books on EMDR ( I just googled it). Get a scientific understanding of what is happening.

https://www.google.com/search?q=boo...me..69i57j0.2846j1j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

strativarius

I know I'm not the only person here who has noticed these 'new members' signing up practically every day, but I doubt if anyone has kept a list.
These are just the ones that I happen to come across while I'm logged in (which isn't all day and night).

I've noticed these for months, but here are the ones from the last couple of weeks or so.

What I want to know is:
Who is responsible? (They must be from the same source since the age is almost uniformly 22 and the gender is male.)
What purpose does it serve? If there were thousands every day then it might constitute a DDoS, but the odd one or two?

To my knowledge, none of the below has ever posted anything.

Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Thursday 07/02/19
madavric huika Male 38
kosham iuoe Male 34
---------------------
Friday 08/02/19
goew crey Male 23
------------------
Saturday 09/002/19
daradyoaga Male 22
koza noster Male 22
------------------
Monday 11/02/19
wcrubuiw Male 23
-------------------
Tuesday 12/02/19
trreriorttor Male 22
---------------------
Wednesday 13/02/19
nehertomm Male 22
----------------------
Thursday 14/02/19
hattalyyogg Male 22
----------------
Friday 15/02/19
hattrybadh Male 22
--------------------
Saturday 16/02/19
daddycooly Male 22
---------------
Monday 18/02/19
thomastrr Male 22
--------------
Tuesday 19/02/19
fournighty Male 22
------------------------
Friday 22/02/19
etrytommy Male 22
----------------
Saturday 23/02/19
teddybroly Male 22
------------
Monday 25/02/19
anjilajol Male 22

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
I know I'm not the only person here who has noticed these 'new members' signing up practically every day, but I doubt if anyone has kept a list.
These are just the ones that I happen to come across while I'm logged in (which isn't all day and night).

I've noticed these for months, but here are the ones from the last couple of weeks or so.

What I want to know is:
Who is responsible? (They must be from the same source since the age is almost uniformly 22 and the gender is male.)
What purpose does it serve? If there were thousands every day then it might constitute a DDoS, but the odd one or two?

To my knowledge, none of the below has ever posted anything.

Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Thursday 07/02/19
madavric huika Male 38
kosham iuoe Male 34
---------------------
Friday 08/02/19
goew crey Male 23
------------------
Saturday 09/002/19
daradyoaga Male 22
koza noster Male 22
------------------
Monday 11/02/19
wcrubuiw Male 23
-------------------
Tuesday 12/02/19
trreriorttor Male 22
---------------------
Wednesday 13/02/19
nehertomm Male 22
----------------------
Thursday 14/02/19
hattalyyogg Male 22
----------------
Friday 15/02/19
hattrybadh Male 22
--------------------
Saturday 16/02/19
daddycooly Male 22
---------------
Monday 18/02/19
thomastrr Male 22
--------------
Tuesday 19/02/19
fournighty Male 22
------------------------
Friday 22/02/19
etrytommy Male 22
----------------
Saturday 23/02/19
teddybroly Male 22
------------
Monday 25/02/19
anjilajol Male 22
My guess is these are the spammers of whom we were seeing so many a while ago. Emma is now screening them somehow so that we never see their posts.

strativarius

My guess is these are the spammers of whom we were seeing so many a while ago. Emma is now screening them somehow so that we never see their posts.
That looks like a bloody full-time job to me and I'm sure Emma has better things to do. If these are the spammers they're a bloody persistent lot aren't they? If Emma's blocking them then why do they continue? This has been going on for months and if they're having no joy here you'd think they'd move on to pastures new.

I'm not interrogating you pineapple, I'm simply thinking aloud. It's very confusing.

David Gaiman wrote the HCOPLs on Infiltration. They first ran the program on the World Health Organization. 1960s It is the program that COS ran on CAN, in order to infiltrate and destroy it, and then they ran it on CADA, where they experienced an epic failure to infiltrate. ( 1989/90).
Would you please post a link with this info about his hcopls and infiltration.
I think he gave all this op stuff up didnt he after the declare insult? thank you....

TruthSeeker

Select 100 people at random from different walks of life. Provide all those people with the same information and resources. Given adequate time to assimilate the information, the probability is 100 different opinions on the same subject. Who is right and wrong is dependent on the individual’s exposure to religion, politics, philosophy, science, etc..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dianetics

Formal education is an aptitude test for a situations vacant. There are no guarantees being a university gradate will translate into a stable long term career in the profession of choosing or becoming a master of personal affairs. It is obvious from the Wikipedia article well educated people possessing a disposable income were attracted to Hubbard's postulations.

In the grand scheme called life, for the majority of the population, work, paying the bills, requires a considerable time investment. Spare leisure time is a luxury very few possess. The majority of people accept formal religion because it is the easiest time investment.

If one possesses the spare time to search the internet on self improvement and spirituality subjects, they will find many postulating the same principles wrapped in propriety jargon. Dianetics, Scientology, Rosicrucianism, Martinism, Freemasonry, Theosophy, all contain intertwined philosophies. Where the danger lies is the propriety jargon entrapment. It is not an easy task, requiring considerable time translating propriety jargon into a neutral language, interpreting the fundamentals and applying the fundamentals to the mastery of life.

Regardless which path the individual takes, the end result will always be a personal life interpretation.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Dianetics can work for some people sometimes but let me try de-mythologize it for you. It is a method that lets your brain more fully process traumatic incidents and it can bring relief. Not always but if it didn't work at all this cult would not last.

If you want to understand from a brain stand point what it is read a book on EMDR. Eye Motion Desensitization Reprocessing. There you will get an up to date explanation of what is going on with Dianetics. The only difference bestrewn EMDR and Dianetics is that with EMDR you move your eyes back and forth while recalling the traumatic event so that the event processes in the left and right side of the brain.

Even with EMDR they will tell you that an event can be hooked into an earlier similar event. They don't use a meter to find the events, but you don't need one, you can tell what is bothering you if you carefully over your life.

I have to admit that Hubbard did this in the 30's (and I think he got much of it from Fraud...I'm not sure) but EMDR only came out in the 80's.

Now there are 2 other techniques that do the same thing. NET Neuro Emotional Technique. They use muscle testing to find painful incidents.

And EFT Emotional Freedom Technique.

also TFT temporal field tapping.

All these techniques are very similar to dianetics.

They have different methods for finding incidents, some have to tapping points, others use eye movement, whatever. They all have earlier similar events. But they basically do the same thing. The truth of it is Hubbard pre-dates them all, so I would not be surprised if the inventors of these techniques read dianetics.

The danger of Hubbard is that he tells you this is a spiritual technique and that he is directly talking to your soul, but the other techniques describe it as a brain function technique.

Hubbard also tells you that once you get rid of all your painful events you will be clear, and that there are a limited number of these things, and these are the things that are blocking you from perfect recall and cause all the ills in your life. That is where it becomes a danger. Its when he attaches lies to some truth.

When he talks about locks and secondaries other techniques talk about incident being connected and they talk about triggers. That does not sound so crazy to me. When he talks about the "file clerk" people take that literally , and he may mean it literally, I'm not sure. But in terms of EMDR, NET, EFT or TFT they talk about completing a process in the brain that you were not able to complete at the time of the incident.

That is (some of) the dangers of Hubbard. There are more. Then the really big lies happen on the upper levels, and yes they will try to get your family in then separate you from them if you quit, they will come to your house at night demaning you give them money or join the sea org.And yes, if the processing does not work they will tell you that it is becasue you are a really bad fucked up person who has to spend even more money to get saved. Don't get caught in the trap.

...so yes that can be a problem. But the idea of processing old traumatic events can be very useful.

In my opinion a way to stop Scientology is not simply to say it does not work, because sometimes (like many therapies) it does. But if we show what it actually is then it loses its "secret sauce" and it basically becomes another burger.

here are some books on EMDR ( I just googled it). Get a scientific understanding of what is happening.

https://www.google.com/search?q=boo...me..69i57j0.2846j1j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
I had read a book on EFT and was also taught by someone who learned directly from Gary Craig. I didn't get the impression that it was that similar to Dianetics as you are describing.

I know that many people have mixed EFT with other practices, including Dianetics. But in study of EFT I never heard anyone refer to "earlier similars".