What's new

What do i do next! Please help.

papurdawl

Patron
posting a new thread, there was some confusion to what i was asking i think, and i wanted to get some people to take a new look, i thought that would be easiest if i created a new thread about it. I hope no one minds.

I'm from The Us, ca specifically. I sent letters to multiple places as i had previously seen others on this forum do. I'm not sure what i should do next, deny her the other forms? Sign them and just send them through the mail? I don't want the run around from them. They are trying to make it as difficult and frustrating as possible for me i think.

I have sent a letters to my org., committee of ways and means, saint hill, etc. I received a call from the org where I was involved as a child. She insisted I needed to do a routing form and I responded to her stating that I would not be doing any routing forms. I would sign a release form and claim verification board form as minimum( which i did not know is the routing form). She said she would send me copies of everything I would need to sign but I would have to come in for it. Which I do not believe is true from what I have read from others on this subject. So I received the package today and w/ it is a “religious services enrollment application and agreement and general release” form which I signed when I was 10 according to the date, she took the liberty of highlighting number 9 which goes into detail about repayments to sum it up, it says the church has no duty to return any portion of religious donations received from me. Refunds may be attained through my strict compliance with those published policies from the claims verification board. I further acknowledge and agree that refund procedures require my direct participation to the exclusion of any third party, including attorneys.

Well I know this will not hold up in court because I was a minor when I signed and under duress from my mother and the church that required I sign it. Nevertheless, where do I go from here…? I do not know my next course of action please help!

She wants me to meet w/ her on Nov 6th. I appreciate all replies. Thank you!
she provided the routing/claims verification board form and release waiver from Scientology.

FoTi

Crusader
Join Prepaid Legal. It only costs $17.00 a month and you will be able to consult an attorney on this.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Here's What To Do

She wants me to meet w/ her on Nov 6th. I appreciate all replies. Thank you!
she provided the routing/claims verification board form and release waiver from Scientology.

Do not sign anything before speaking to an experienced lawyer. I mean this seriously.

You are not obligated to do a routing form to get your money. You did not pay the money. Your parents did as a gift to you, paid it on your account on on your behalf. You need to get a lawyer to write a letter for you, demanding the money be repaid to you and why. It will probably cost at least $250. You can write it yourself and have the attorney edit and sign it on his letterhead.

For this you will need the addresses and phone numbers of who you are dealing with. Get the CA Secretary of State Corporation Division Agent for Service of Process address for on file for the org you are trying to get the money from. You can find it here: http://kepler.sos.ca.gov/

Here are 2 attorneys familiar with Scientology in CA that may be of help on this. Note that they are both very busy suing Scientology and related cases. Do tell them about your contract signed at age 10 and that you were given a copy recently while trying to get money back from the church that your parents put on account for you. Have the org information above, aalong with names of the contacts you have been dealing with on this, ready when you call.

Barry Van Sickle, Esq.
1079 Sunrise Avenue
Suite B-315
Roseville, CA 95661
(916) 549-8784
[email protected]

Graham E. Berry, Esq.
3384 McLaughlin Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90066
(310) 745-3771 (Landline)
(310) 902-6381 (Cell)
[email protected]

You need to keep your requests about this in one thread. Here is a list of all your posts about it, for anyone confused about what your problem is on this or needing more specifics.
http://www.forum.exscn.net/search.php?searchid=1612416

Best wishes,

Mary McConnell

papurdawl

Patron
I really appreciate your reply anonymary and thank you for adding all my previous posts that makes it easier for people to reply.

I assume I should cancel my appointment with her, I did not think it was necessary for me to go in person any way. It seems serious from the replies I’ve received so far that I should not try this myself and I should def. get someone to represent me. I just wish it were easier than that.

dianaclass8

Silver Meritorious Patron
I really appreciate your reply anonymary and thank you for adding all my previous posts that makes it easier for people to reply.

I assume I should cancel my appointment with her, I did not think it was necessary for me to go in person any way. It seems serious from the replies I’ve received so far that I should not try this myself and I should def. get someone to represent me. I just wish it were easier than that.

Do not talk to anybody in person, confront and handle everything my email. Brace yourself and be patient. Do not do a Routing Form at all, or you'll never get out of there.

Address them in a business like manner...do not speak scientologise, treat them as what they are: A corporation who has to give you a repayment for services not rendered and because you are no longer interested in their altered versions of the Tech.

Send email only to the Chaplain/ LRH Comm and if they do not respond just send them to all the staff at the Org.

Do not use threats, particularly if you cannot do them. But be firm, patient and demand until you get your money...no silly routing forms or dumb meetings...sign the damn papers if they are not incriminating, get your money.

Don't despair, that is what they want. Carry on with your life while you wait.

Diana

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Try this, papurdawl

Sorry I did not get back to you sooner. Indeed, you should cancel that appointment, especially if you don't have anyone knowledgeable about contracts to bring with you. Keep everything in writing, as others have advised.

In lieu of an attorney letter, you can send a letter to that person, explaining the details that you were a minor when this money was put on your account, that the money was a gift to you and it is in your name in your account and you are not obligated to sign any thing or do any routing form in order to get your money back. State who you talked with and when for the record. Very important. State that you are an adult now with no interest in scientology and you were never there on your own self determinism when you were a child. You have nothing against scientology but you have need of the money which rightfully belongs to you and you have repeatedly asked that it be returned to you as a repayment. This is your final letter. You will be forced to take the matter to an attorney and proceed to court if you do not receive the repayment within 10 days from the postmark date. You are not signing anything but the back of the check in order to deposit it. Stete the amount owed. Note that you are sending a cc: to RTC complaint line. Do send a copy by pasting the letter into the RTC complaint form here:
https://www.rtc.org/reports/form/index.html?locale=en_US

RTC will not be of much help to you but letting them see that you sent a copy to RTC may well l scare the hell out of the person you are writing to to get the org to just pay up. It's worth doing.

In case you are leery, rea here on what they put one through, especially the CVB steps they are trying to get you to do:

"Now let’s look at the “Claims Verification Board” (CVB) routing form itself to see how this works:
I just got the current copy of the two page routing form this month.

If by some miracle the person wanting money back managed to rise above all the points covered earlier and in fact make his/her claim within three months, the routing form itself is rigged to stop the claim. Yet they will try to force you to do the routing form as they usually included language about it when you paid them the money."..... there's plenty more
http://carolineletkeman.org/sp/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=990&Itemid=208

Best wishes,
Mary

Last edited:

papurdawl

Patron
So i spoke with the chaplan and director and cancled my appointment. I let them know that i am speaking to an attorney, (even though i have not been contacted back yet) and that it is not manditory for me to sign a routing form. And that it is mandatory that they grant me repayment on my account. They keep insisting its a donation. now they are stating they cant give me the money because my mother put it on account for me. She stated that shes been in the church for twenty years and that i was misinformed on my information that they dont owe me anything and if i dont fill out the forms that i wont get anything back. So i started reading the Us house of representatives compliance with them and she hung up on me.

dianaclass8

So i spoke with the chaplan and director and cancled my appointment.

She stated that shes been in the church for twenty years and that i was misinformed on my information that they dont owe me anything and if i dont fill out the forms that i wont get anything back. So i started reading the Us house of representatives compliance with them and she hung up on me.

I woul like to know more about the the house of representatives compliance.

Diana

papurdawl

Patron
So my mother spoke with the director who said she is getting my monies on account ready for me all i have to do is sign the release waiver. I dont know if shes going to pull out any more tricks but i think once i sign that its it right? I worry about signing it before receiving any funds but according to the statement i'm signing in reguards to receiving funds.. To my understanding i'm not relinquishing any rights UNTIL i recieve the funds. Is that correct? i dont want to strip my rights away and them not send me a check for repayment.

skollie

So my mother spoke with the director who said she is getting my monies on account ready for me all i have to do is sign the release waiver. I dont know if shes going to pull out any more tricks but i think once i sign that its it right? I worry about signing it before receiving any funds but according to the statement i'm signing in reguards to receiving funds.. To my understanding i'm not relinquishing any rights UNTIL i recieve the funds. Is that correct? i dont want to strip my rights away and them not send me a check for repayment.

As others have stated, do not sign anything. You are entitled to get your money back without signing a release waiver.

papurdawl

Patron
ok well how do i go about that, i'm currently contacting them over the phone and through the mail. Do i write a letter or do i call them on the phone. Because everytime i talk to them they keep saying something like it has to be done on their end, or its regulation, or manditory, or its their system. I dont know if its such a small org they are unaware that i dont have to... she seems to be at least "acting" that way. My husband says shes just testing me to see how much i know, but i'm not sure how to read the situation it could be either.

Fancy

Patron Meritorious
Do as Diana suggest. She helped me get my repayment and also don't sign any form. Diana has one that will not sign your rights away and the church has accepted.

FoTi

Crusader
If you want an attorney, join Prepaid Legal. It's VERY inexpensive and they can give you legal advice and will write letters for you. It only costs $17.00 a month for the membership. I've used them myself. Look in the phone book for a Prepaid Legal Rep......call them and ask about the services.