What's new

A cause worth supporting - Mark Bunker's new film

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Here's a new video interview of Mark discussing among other things - his film, what his hope for it is, and what's still needed to finish it.

[video=youtube;PNum7HIOQfA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNum7HIOQfA[/video]

Techless

Patron Meritorious
Definitely great cause!! - I'm going to be throwing in for it too, however much I can.

Do we get to be on a 'plaque' somewhere?

Just kidding...

This is why:

6zldvq.jpg

Leland

Crusader
images

[video=youtube;X6PddUF6Iw0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6PddUF6Iw0#t=56[/video]
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/knowledge-report-a-documentary-on-scientology

I HIGHLY OBJECT TO @ ABOUT 1:29 WHERE MARK BUNKER STATES THAT SCIENTOLOGISTs THAT SIGN THE BILLION YEAR CONTRACT "COME BACK LIFE TIME AFTER LIFE TIME." Perhaps this is a "miss statement" ....in this vid by Mark....anyway, it has not happened IMO...and won't happen IMO....and certainly has not been proven.

AND IS A VERY MISLEADING STATEMENT....

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I HIGHLY OBJECT TO @ ABOUT 1:29 WHERE MARK BUNKER STATES THAT SCIENTOLOGISTs THAT SIGN THE BILLION YEAR CONTRACT "COME BACK LIFE TIME AFTER LIFE TIME." Perhaps this is a "miss statement" ....in this vid by Mark....anyway, it has not happened IMO...and won't happen IMO....and certainly has not been proven.

AND IS A VERY MISLEADING STATEMENT....

I would wager that at least *some* of the Sea Org Members DO believe that they're signing up for more than one lifetime. And would further wager that Mark agrees with you in that "it won't happen...and certainly has not been proven".

That IS what people are signing up for though, isn't it?

Scientologists don't just believe in one lifetime. :no:

Leland

Crusader
I would wager that at least *some* of the Sea Org Members DO believe that they're signing up for more than one lifetime. And would further wager that Mark agrees with you in that "it won't happen...and certainly has not been proven".

That IS what people are signing up for though, isn't it?

Yes, I agree...at least in theory. Though IMO those that sign up for SO....are hornswoggled ....and this "idea" is not proven to them.

IMO, it is the same as "72 Virgins" type of thing.......

But, that is not how I take what Mark states in the vid....Mark states it as fact. And it is not.

It is a small point....but IMO, what Mark says, sends a very wrong message in the vid, and should be changed.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Yes, I agree...at least in theory. Though IMO those that sign up for SO....are hornswoggled ....and this "idea" is not proven to them.

IMO, it is the same as "72 Virgins" type of thing.......

Sure, it is not proven. But it is a core belief of a scientologist that they will survive the death of their body and they may pick up a new body.

I know that the Sea Org sometimes recruits new members right off the street who are not scientologists. And for many of them I'm sure that the "billion year contract" is largely symbolic in nature.

But for the fully indoctrinated scientologists joining the Sea Org I'm sure that at least some of them when signing up believe they're agreeing to multiple lifetimes.

Remember this? :coolwink:

Originally Posted by L. Ron Hubbard:

"We’re not playing some minor game in Scientology. It isn’t cute or something to do for lack of something better.

The whole agonized future of this planet, every man, woman and child on it, and your own destiny for the next endless trillions of years depend on what you do here and now with and in Scientology.

This is a deadly serious activity. And if we miss getting out of the trap now, we may never again have another chance.

Remember, this is our first chance to do so in all the endless trillions of years of the past. Don’t muff it now..."

http://www.suppressiveperson.org/sp/archives/144

Last edited:

Leland

Crusader
Sure, it is not proven. But it is a core belief of a scientologist that they will survive the death of their body and they may pick up a new body.

I know that the Sea Org sometimes recruits new members right off the street who are not scientologists. And for many of them I'm sure that the "billion year contract" is largely symbolic in nature.

But for the fully indoctrinated scientologists joining the Sea Org I'm sure that at least some of them when signing up believe they're agreeing to multiple lifetimes.

Remember this? :coolwink:

My take at what Mark said @ 1:29 was that "SO come back lifetime after lifetime." THAT is what HE said.

I am familiar with what LRH and the Scientology culture instills in converts about the topic

I do not think, that Mark should be "promoting" the Scientology line. It is just inappropriate IMO.

I do believe it is a mistake....in the script. And I am just pointing it out....and IMO, the script should be changed.

Last edited:

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Leland, I think you need to keep in mind here that this was made as an update showing some of the movie progress and that it was an apparent error in omitting the word 'believe' in that sentence you object so strongly to. This is not the movie itself... And if you object so strongly to this omission, why not log into youtube and comment on the video there telling him so and why.

Here is the link with a space after the http:// so you can go there and do this.
http:// youtu.be/X6PddUF6Iw0

BTW, have you watched any of the other interview videos he's posted about the movie.. many of which are in this thread? I find them to excellent. Even this recent announcement video is pretty good... except for the flaw you drew my attention to. Kind of gets right to the point about the harsh reality and effects knowledge reports have on scientologists... writing them and being the target of them :thumbsup:

Leland

Crusader
Leland, I think you need to keep in mind here that this was made as an update showing some of the movie progress and that it was an apparent error in omitting the word 'believe' in that sentence you object so strongly to. This is not the movie itself... And if you object so strongly to this omission, why not log into youtube and comment on the video there telling him so and why.

Here is the link with a space after the http:// so you can go there and do this.
http:// youtu.be/X6PddUF6Iw0

BTW, have you watched any of the other interview videos he's posted about the movie.. many of which are in this thread? I find them to excellent. Even this recent announcement video is pretty good... except for the flaw you drew my attention to. Kind of gets right to the point about the harsh reality and effects knowledge reports have on scientologists... writing them and being the target of them :thumbsup:

Good suggestion, re: post a comment. Thanks

I do realize that that vid was a "teaser".....

Just trying to help out....

IMO, some may get the wrong idea about that particular statement......

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Good suggestion, re: post a comment. Thanks

I do realize that that vid was a "teaser".....

Just trying to help out....

IMO, some may get the wrong idea about that particular statement......

I agree... including the idea like as if it's a fact or something, lol

Purple Rain

Crusader
I had an objection which I took up with Mark via email after the last update came out. I don't think he likes me very much, but he did listen and respond.

Purple Rain

Crusader
Do you blame him? Opinionated women are dangerous. :biggrin:

View attachment 8444

No, I don't actually blame him. I was rude when I wrote, because I was feeling so upset and because email is so instant. It is a credit to him that he wrote back and that he took my concerns seriously.

I think they were valid concerns and I think that communicating further helped sort things out, and I think by the end we saw the similarities in our perspectives and that he got my point. I don't know what he will choose to do with that - which way he'll go.

But I do regret that he will probably never like me now.

It's a lesson in life, I suppose.

The Sloth

Patron with Honors
Is he still milking this? Seems like he has "closed terminals" with the organization he is documenting, and as part of that valence package "can't complete a cycle of action". :duh: I think he has missed the window of opportunity for maximum impact from this film. The longer it is delayed the less it will be relevant to the masses. Although it may play well on The History Channel.

imho
ymmv

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Is he still milking this? Seems like he has "closed terminals" with the organization he is documenting, and as part of that valence package "can't complete a cycle of action". :duh: I think he has missed the window of opportunity for maximum impact from this film. The longer it is delayed the less it will be relevant to the masses. Although it may play well on The History Channel.

imho
ymmv

How would the film be less relevant to the masses in 2015 than in 2013? :unsure:

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
If he doesn't finish it soon there won't be anything to write a KR on because the organization will no longer exist.:yes: