What's new

Advanced Ability Center-Shiona Fox-Ness

FoTi

Crusader
Thanks, AnonKat for both of these videos. Brought back a lot of memories of AAC that were great. It also reminded me of the absolute terror and hate that is possible in mankind imposed on everyone including those of us that were part of AAC as public. One doesn't escape this evil just being a public person. You can still see this on Marty's site not to mention CofS.

You thanked AnonKat for both videos.....I only saw one on the AAC with David Mayo and others being interviewed. What was the other video?

What terror and hate were imposed on those that were part of AAC as public?

From what I saw on the video, I wish that someone had told me about AAC and taken me there. I would much rather have been there than living the life I was living with the CoS. It would have been nice to have the good parts of Scientology with out the bad stuff, like I expected in the first place.

I would like to see CoS die and I would love to see D Mayo start up the AAC again. It looks like it was a wonderful place to train, audit and receive auditing.

Thanks AnonKat for putting up this video. It helped me to watch it. It blew some charge for me. It has helped me to sort out some things.....it's still sorting. David Mayo seems so sane. Watching this video made me see the supression and control that came at me from the first week I was involved in the CoS in 1973 that I put up with because there was no competition that I knew of outside the CoS, where I could go elsewhere to get auditing.

It's really sad that the AAC got smashed and David Mayo got attacked like he did for putting something together for people that was better than the CoS, without all the suppression and control.

It was good to see the comparison of the AAC with the CoS. I wish I had been there while the AAC was open.

AnonKat

Crusader
I think in the end it's being around people, being part of a group and interacting with all kinds of foolks that matter. The process of living

regarding the difference between the two places.

Give a man a knife and the sane man will cut a cake , the insane man will use it to cut you.

You thanked AnonKat for both videos.....I only saw one on the AAC with David Mayo and others being interviewed. What was the other video?

From what I saw on the video, I wish that someone had told me about AAC and taken me there. I would much rather have been there than living the life I was living with the CoS. It would have been nice to have the good parts of Scientology with out the bad stuff, like I expected in the first place.

I would like to see CoS die and I would love to see D Mayo start up the AAC again. It looks like it was a wonderful place to train, audit and receive auditing.

Thanks AnonKat for putting up this video. It helped me to watch it. It blew some charge for me. It has helped me to sort out some things.....it's still sorting. David Mayo seems so sane. Watching this video made me see the supression and control that came at me from the first week I was involved in the CoS in 1973 that I put up with because there was no competition that I knew of outside the CoS, where I could go elsewhere to get auditing.

It's really sad that the AAC got smashed and David Mayo got attacked like he did for putting something together for people that was better than the CoS, without all the suppression and control.

It was good to see the comparison of the AAC with the CoS. I wish I had been there while the AAC was open.

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think in the end it's being around people, being part of a group and interacting with all kinds of foolks that matter. The process of living

regarding the difference between the two places.

Give a man a knife and the sane man will cut a cake , the insane man will use it to cut you.

And if the man is a black magician he will cut you but make you believe you did it to yourself.

GLH

Patron

From what I saw on the video, I wish that someone had told me about AAC and taken me there.
I hope you saw the other on http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=16703&page=5 post 47
When people follow you on the freeway shining lights in your face while driving, PI's tracking your every move at AAC and making recordings, unsolicited phone calls, being called a squirrel and part of a suppressive group, receiving squirrel auditing to name a few.
I too wish you could have availed yourself of the services at AAC. As I have stated before, it didn't matter whether the "tech" worked it was delivered in a sane atmosphere and at a price the "common man" could afford.
One benefits when one can sit down and discuss his or her troubles with someone willing to listen!

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Fighting your way out of the cult paper bag publicly can be embarrassing. I think it can serve as a signpost to those on their way out, particularly with your present remembrances and attitudes appended.

Vertley

Patron
Marty doesn't like the video

Dan Koon recently posted that video on Marty's site and Marty's comments indicated his displeasure.

When all this recent interest Mayo came up I created a page for him at freeheber.com, posted the video and wrote this:

"There are two parts of Scientology - The "Tech" part is holy and spiritual and caters to the redemptive capabilities of the human spirit.

The other part (referring to current Corporate Scientology organizational setup) is an "attack dog". control-freak, money motivated, abusive, rude and unsavory-unpleasant group of mind-bent automatons.

David Mayo grew up in and was the very best practitioner of the "Tech" part of Scientology. He was the best of the best in that arena. L Ron Hubbard gave him the greatest responsibility to oversee it and guide it into the future.

When an evil man successfully drove a wedge between LRH and David, David was crushed by the dark side of the organization and discarded like foul excrement. That dark side, (the Sea Organization) chased and harassed David for a decade until finally settling its protracted legal harassment with cash and a gag agreement.

David was ill equipped to deal with the massive force the dark side was able to bring to bear on him. Who could? Some criticize him for taking a payoff and not carrying on "the good fight". I don't. David Mayo is a great man who will one day be vindicated and applauded for his courage and contribution." Vertley

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
<snip>
When an evil man successfully drove a wedge between LRH and David, David was crushed by the dark side of the organization and discarded like foul excrement. That dark side, (the Sea Organization) chased and harassed David for a decade until finally settling its protracted legal harassment with cash and a gag agreement.

<snip> Vertley

I wonder who developed and encouraged that dark side of the organisation?

FoTi

Crusader
I hope you saw the other on http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=16703&page=5 post 47
When people follow you on the freeway shining lights in your face while driving, PI's tracking your every move at AAC and making recordings, unsolicited phone calls, being called a squirrel and part of a suppressive group, receiving squirrel auditing to name a few.
I too wish you could have availed yourself of the services at AAC. As I have stated before, it didn't matter whether the "tech" worked it was delivered in a sane atmosphere and at a price the "common man" could afford.
One benefits when one can sit down and discuss his or her troubles with someone willing to listen!

Thanks GLH. :thumbsup:

Smilla

Ordinary Human
It just looks very sad to me. They all look very lost and needy. That's Scientology, underneath the makeup.

David Mayo

Patron with Honors
To Mark Bunker, thank you!

Shiona Fox-Ness' 1984 video of the AAC Santa Barbara.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IxWFOWj17M

With acknowledgment to XENUTV, Mark Bunker for keeping it up there all these years

This video, which I have not had a copy for 25 years, shows what a small group of keen people can do when they set out to help people

a) with high quality services,
b) delivered in a friendly environment
c) at affordable prices --or no charge for needy people.

Thank you for keeping this alive XENUTV and Mark Bunker. My copies of the original video "vanished" around the time when the AAC SB's life was ended.

Look at those people, look at those faces, are they happy or what?

And my heart felt thanks and gratitude to Shiona Fox-Ness who worked so hard on the making of that video and did such a wonderful job! And I also want to thank the anonymous professional TV technicians who shot and edited the whole video in their own time, without compensation because they wanted to help.

There are so many good and wonderful people in the world who want to make it a better place. I salute them!

L,

D

David Mayo

Patron with Honors
How naive we were

And it shows how very naive we were.

Yes, Veda. We were all naive. I was. You must have been too, if you were there, as were the all the others with happy smiles on their faces and looking so alive!

Yes, we were so naive. We thought we had "the tech".

We were naive about so much, especially me. I am still naive about many things. BUt ...

Was that all fake? No way. It was real. Real people, with real smiles.

Would I use the same techniques today? Not at all.

I have learned so much since then. From experience, from studying psychology --and believe it or not from studying basics of physics and maths. But by far the most I have learned has been from people. I listen to people. I empathize with people, I really like almost all of the people I have known. When I was a toddler I knew almost nothing. But I wanted to learn everything I could. I am not alone. I know so many people on this ESMB who also want to learn all they can, who want to be all they can be. You, perhaps above all, want that too.

Watching that video again yesterday brought tears to my eyes. Not because I lost the AAC. Not because I was squashed. Not because I failed. No, it is because that venture showed what could be done, despite our "false data" despite our indoctrination, because

we all wanted to help people.

And we did.

End of story.

Thank you Veda for helping me to see so much more than I had,

D

David Mayo

Patron with Honors
Hard to watch

Yes. I saw that. I remember those years as a true believer. It's hard to watch.

Believe me, I think it was harder for me to watch than most anyone I know! Can you imagine the shame I felt knowing what I now know of the techniques then being used and who and why came up with them? The embarrassment I felt when I know I could have walked a different path had I gone on to university and become a research physicist? I read a book I had managed to borrow when I was 14 years of age by Moller, a Danish Professor of physics at Copenhagen university, on Einsteins General Theory of Relativity. Yet I abandoned that because ... I was naive and thought I could do more for mankind by joining this New Age group whose leader promised all.

But didn't almost everyone here? We dreamed the dream and woke with a headache. Let's move on.

David
PS And I welcome replies both kindly and ascerbic. I have been through enough to no longer be thin skinned. Tell it like is or even how it seems.

David Mayo

Patron with Honors
Shiona Fox-Ness

Shiona Fox-Ness

Appropriate name for her.

Whats she up to these days out of the fold of Scn?

Is she still Fox-ness

or back to a Fox?

Shiona Fox-Ness, now deceased, was a wonderful person in many ways. She was creative, she loved people, she loved life, she loved to help, in short she was one among the best people I have known. Ever.

David

David Mayo

Patron with Honors
What they did not know.

Watched the video...

Earnest people.

Good intentions.

A question continually floated in the back of my mind while viewing it.

What went wrong? Or maybe, more correctly, what was wrong with this whole scene of good folks working in harmony to do good in the world?

Viewed from 2011, we have the eerie benefit of knowing not only what they were thinking & feeling, but what was just ahead if the film could have been fast-forwarded.

Giving them much credit for what they did know, what they did not know was rather staggering, to be honest.

They did not know that a train was coming down the track and headed directly for them in what would be a rather spectacular collision. That train was, remarkably, the same thing they were so fondly and ambitiously giving every ounce of their reasoned and unwavering support to...

The tech.

Ron's tech.

His tech that included willful and knowing attack, coercion, lies, fraud, terrorism, criminality and fair game.

They didn't see that coming.

A blind spot extraordinaire.

It was steaming down the track and zeroing in them, their precious tech, their ARC and their trusting belief that Ron and his tech were good and worked.

Although it is easy to joke about it, there is real pathos embedded in this time capsule.

Had but the vaunted tech actually worked, the world (and these fine people's lots in life) would have fared far better.

It felt, however, like a latter-day Woodstock where some of the glowy-eyed celebrants were, quiet uknowingly, soon to be shipped off to Vietnam to meet their own doomed immortality.

In my own military service to Scientology, I shared foxholes with these fine people. It is still bewildering to me, having seen the horrors of Scientology wars that we all witnessed up close, that so many of them volunteered for additional tour of duties and continue to this very day!

You have pin pointed here much of the essence of what we all, I in particular, did not know. In that you are right.

I can't pass this by without stating that there was a lot more that I neither I nor anyone else involved did not know. Not related to the "tech" but related to completely external factors, that I had not a clue of back then. Perhaps M&M could help here ... if they realized that I do not continue to bear rancour/rancor against what they (and others) did. I don't have their addresses but perhaps someone who does could pass that on.

Yes it was mainly Ron, but as they ruled at Nuremborg, 'I was just following orders.' is not an extenuating excuse. Not even for US$35,000.00

Despite all that, I would be willing to let bygones be bygones.

David

David Mayo

Patron with Honors
But it was not enough

Yes it was great but it was not enough. The worst of it is that we, too, carried on the promise of "higher states" that did not exist, could not be delivered, ever. To my eternal dismay, I believed in and perpetuated that falsity. How does one get over that? Never. What has been, has been. An indelible record in the annals of time.

David

VaD

Gold Meritorious Patron
David,

Thank you SO MUCH for all you've shared above. :heartflower:

(To me it's not about Scientology at all. It's about good people who've been around Scientology).

David Mayo

Patron with Honors

Emphasis added by me.

David