What's new

Analyzing Who is Left

Sindy

Crusader
If we were to make a pie chart of the percentages of various specific types of people still left in the cult, what would the categories be and what percentage would you estimate them to be of the whole?

Please add to these categories, if you would, and then we'll add it all up and make a chart. Won't that be fun? I'd like to have a more concrete idea. I actually think it would be somehow helpful to get the clarity on it.

Categories:

Public

Those who sit on the sidelines and go along with the program so as not to become victims of disconnection.

Those who realize that "COB is an SP" but who still believe in the tech, the church, and LRH and are just waiting for some magical thing to happen that sets the ship right and in the meantime, they mainly just show up for events.

Those who are zealots and think Miscavige is basically god.

Staff

Those who clearly see the hellish suppression but who have been there so long they perceive themselves to have no way out.

Those who are newly recruited and are idealistic and who have more allegiance to Miscavige than to Hubbard.

Those who are sadistic and who thrive in the militaristic role playing game.

There are lots of categories. Can you contribute some so we can piece it together? :)

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Staff/Sea Org: Those who have been there so long they see nothing wrong whatsoever and honestly think that planetary clearing will happen in their lifetime.

Mystic

Crusader
If we were to make a pie chart of the percentages of various specific types of people still left in the cult, what would the categories be and what percentage would you estimate them to be of the whole?

Please add to these categories, if you would, and then we'll add it all up and make a chart. Won't that be fun? I'd like to have a more concrete idea. I actually think it would be somehow helpful to get the clarity on it.

Categories:

Public

Those who sit on the sidelines and go along with the program so as not to become victims of disconnection.

Those who realize that "COB is an SP" but who still believe in the tech, the church, and LRH and are just waiting for some magical thing to happen that sets the ship right and in the meantime, they mainly just show up for events.

Staff

Those who clearly see the hellish suppression but who have been there so long they perceive themselves to have no way out.

Those who are newly recruited and are idealistic and who have more allegiance to Miscavige than to Hubbard.

There are lots of categories. Can you contribute some so we can piece it together? :)

Excellent observation! I've been looking at this off and on also. Back in the 70s I knew and got along with Greg Wilhere very well. He was one of the goodguys. Then he went off to the shit org and, for all I know, IS STILL THERE. And I wonder, what type of person/character is this that does what he is still doing? He cannot see there are NO OTs and never will be? He cannot see it is all a farce? Yeow. How far down the latter of consciousness does one have to reach to grok this level of where seemingly no soul learning takes place? Yuk.

Sindy

Crusader
Excellent observation! I've been looking at this off and on also. Back in the 70s I knew and got along with Greg Wilhere very well. He was one of the goodguys. Then he went off to the shit org and, for all I know, IS STILL THERE. And I wonder, what type of person/character is this that does what he is still doing? He cannot see there are NO OTs and never will be? He cannot see it is all a farce? Yeow. How far down the latter of consciousness does one have to reach to grok this level of where seemingly no soul learning takes place? Yuk.

I know! Come on. This is an exercise in really looking at consciousness. Do you think you can put a category or two into words? I mean, really, who are these people that are left?

Sindy

Crusader
Staff/Sea Org: Those who have been there so long they see nothing wrong whatsoever and honestly think that planetary clearing will happen in their lifetime.

So, in other words, people who live in a fantasy world based on what is written in Hubbard's books and who have an inability to recognize the difference between what is written in those books and what is actually happening in their environment?

Unfortunately, that seems like a large percentage of who is left but let's keep breaking this down.

Mystic

Crusader
So, in other words, people who live in a fantasy world based on what is written in Hubbard's books and who have an inability to recognize the difference between what is written in those books and what is actually happening in their environment?

Unfortunately, that seems like a large percentage of who is left but let's keep breaking this down.

Ya ya. This level of pre-consciousness is rather huge as it includes the fantasies of way too many so-called "religions" and phillyslopahphees. Marvel Comics does a much better job.

Reasonable

Silver Meritorious Patron
Public:
Those who are not yet clear and have had some help through low level auditing who think that EVERYONE at clear or above really have those magical powers alluded to or promised in Dianetics or the magazines. People who believe that they will have 57 perceptions, super powers unlimited havingness, beingness and doingness if they just get high enough on the bridge. People who believe that enough processing will make then be able to live without a body and have full recall next lifetime and are willing to work hard this lifetime to get it.

(This was me)

Public or staff or sea org:

People who have had some sort of mental/ spiritual experience such as premonitions, feeling like they have been somewhere before or minor ESP experiences and feel that Scientology is a real tech to enhance those powers. I think some people either have that ability more so than others or are more easily hypnotized than others or have better recall or better imaginations. These people feel "understood" by Scientologists and feel better in this type of subculture.

People who have had a BIG WIN from Scientology auditing and who are going to chase that win forever.

Artists who feel that they truly are better than the rest of us and now have a place to be worshiped.

Business owners who rub their business via scientology and it is working for them. Their associates are scientologists and also their employees.

Any number of people who are bound to Scientology by family, friends,or work. They may love it or want to get out but have no incentive to attack.

People who simply want to exist for ever in this conscious form and who feel that if Scientology is not true then why bother doing Scythian if we are just going to die and forget.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
NEW ONES ADDED (and highlighted).

If you like the additions, keep 'em in there. If you don't think they belong, lose 'em.

--------------------------------------

Originally Posted By Sindy

Categories:

Public

Staff/Sea Org

Those who have been there so long they see nothing wrong whatsoever and honestly think that planetary clearing will happen in their lifetime. (contributed by Bea Kiddo)

Any Scientologist

Those who are generally losers and have a huge win being in any group, Scientology just happens to be the first receptive one they found. (contributed by HH)

Those who are in it for status and get off on the game of where they rank compared to other people. If they weren't in Scn, they could just as easily be in another competitively tiered status organization such as a: church (LDS), fraternal group (Masonic Lodge), multi-level company (Amway/Mary Kay Cosmetics), cult (Jehovah's Witnesses) or in or around the periphery of the celebrity-fame (entertainment/sports) industry. (contributed by HH)

Bea Kiddo

Crusader

Yes, I guess so. It was the category that I would have been in, and I would say my mother still is, as well as many friends that I used to have in the Sea Org, that disconnected from me.

Lone Star

Crusader
The ones that I know who are still in are still in because they truly have their heads way, way, way, way, way, way up their collective asses. It's amazing they don't die from lack of oxygen.

Okay, that's a bit too simplistic even though it's true. LOL...

The ones I know for one thing refuse to read or hear any "black PR", so they have no clue about the abuses that we just take for granted. They really and truly don't know any of it. If they do hear a smattering of "DM slaps people", or that "Sea Org staff members are abused" they just simply don't believe it. They just believe that it's false rumors put out by bitter ex-members or the psychs. Yep. They really think that.

I don't think one of them is concerned about disconnection. Since leaving isn't an option they just don't worry about that possibility. They aren't even going to complain about the way things are right now. They think it's all great. All going according to plan. :eyeroll:

They absolutely crave their little "wins" they get from auditing and courses. Of course they look at them at being HUGE wins....of course. I truly believe that they are addicts. Addicted to "exteriorization" and being "keyed out". Just like a heroine addict will defend his dealer, these Scilons I know will defend DM and Hubbard and the whole cult establishment to the death. I don't believe any one of these I am thinking of will ever leave. Ever.

So, to make it simple for category purposes I guess I'll stick to my opening statement......They have their heads way, way, way, way, way, way, way up their collective asses.

LOL..

Sindy

Crusader
NEW ONES ADDED (and highlighted).

If you like the additions, keep 'em in there. If you don't think they belong, lose 'em.

--------------------------------------

These are excellent and I agree totally. Can you keep being the collector/round up guy? :biggrin:

freethinker

Sponsor
Under staff.

Criminals who see an opportunity to practice and enhance their craft.

Wanabees who see an opportunity to be the Executive they never would have been otherwise.

Martyrs who want to sacrifice themselves for a cause.

Public

Freeloaders who borrow from others and never pay it back but want to get something from Scientology.

FSM's who are similar to freeloaders but get commission to go up the Bridge form suckering others.

Groupies who join to be a part of something they see as exciting.

TG1

Angelic Poster
Sindy,

Lately, I am having such a hard time giving a single fuck about the ones who are still inside the bubble.

Today, Mike Rinder posted a blog with a big long list of people who've contributed to the Valley Ideal Org (in Southern California). I know well a dozen people on that list. They were kool-aide slurpers when I left in 1988. And they're still there now, giving $50, $1,000, $10,000 to a useless empty money pit.

Honestly, today I would be embarrassed to run into them in a shopping mall. I have nothing in common with them. I think they are idiots. To tell the truth, I thought the same thing of most of them back in 1988.

What they have in common is this: They are unable to break away and stand alone with only their own thoughts to support them. Today, they are propped up by their decades of sunk costs -- their time, their marriages, their children, their judgments, their jobs, their customers, their community, their hopes, their dreams, their disappointments. I doubt the ones in their 50s and 60s will ever leave.

But soon those guys will be broke. And sick. And dying. Some of them will be dead soon. They'll be lying prone outside the even smaller circle of still-alive, still-donating, slightly younger idiots.

And you know what? I really don't care about them anymore.

Sindy

Crusader
The ones that I know who are still in are still in because they truly have their heads way, way, way, way, way, way up their collective asses. It's amazing they don't die from lack of oxygen.

Okay, that's a bit too simplistic even though it's true. LOL...

The ones I know for one thing refuse to read or hear any "black PR", so they have no clue about the abuses that we just take for granted. They really and truly don't know any of it. If they do hear a smattering of "DM slaps people", or that "Sea Org staff members are abused" they just simply don't believe it. They just believe that it's false rumors put out by bitter ex-members or the psychs. Yep. They really think that.

I don't think one of them is concerned about disconnection. Since leaving isn't an option they just don't worry about that possibility. They aren't even going to complain about the way things are right now. They think it's all great. All going according to plan. :eyeroll:

They absolutely crave their little "wins" they get from auditing and courses. Of course they look at them at being HUGE wins....of course. I truly believe that they are addicts. Addicted to "exteriorization" and being "keyed out". Just like a heroine addict will defend his dealer, these Scilons I know will defend DM and Hubbard and the whole cult establishment to the death. I don't believe any one of these I am thinking of will ever leave. Ever.

So, to make it simple for category purposes......They have their heads way, way, way, way, way, way, way up their collective asses.

Excellent! So, what is this head-up-ass really?

So, these people are:

1) Naive

2) Purposefully benighted

3) Arrogant

4) Stuck in the past (I mean, who doesn't question the use of telex machines, floppy disks, etc)

5) Not critical thinkers

6) Elitists

7) In need of something to hang onto at all costs to make their lives make sense. That something must never be analyzed or threatened in any way.

Lone Star

Crusader
Excellent! So, what is this head-up-ass really?

So, these people are:

1) Naive

2) Purposefully benighted

3) Arrogant

4) Stuck in the past (I mean, who doesn't question the use of telex machines, floppy disks, etc)

5) Not critical thinkers

6) Elitists

7) In need of something to hang onto at all costs to make their lives make sense. That something must never be analyzed or threatened in any way.

I would say numbers 1, 3, 5, and 7. Some are stronger with number 1. Others number 3. I think all are certainly 5 and 7.

Now that I think of it, one who is an Oatee has at least shades of 6...elitism. But most Oatees tend to develop an elitist attitude. Arrogant for sure.

Sindy

Crusader
Sindy,

Lately, I am having such a hard time giving a single fuck about the ones who are still inside the bubble.

Today, Mike Rinder posted a blog with a big long list of people who've contributed to the Valley Ideal Org (in Southern California). I know well a dozen people on that list. They were kool-aide slurpers when I left in 1988. And they're still there now, giving $50, $1,000, $10,000 to a useless empty money pit.

Honestly, today I would be embarrassed to run into them in a shopping mall. I have nothing in common with them. I think they are idiots. To tell the truth, I thought the same thing of most of them back in 1988.

What they have in common is this: They are unable to break away and stand alone with only their own thoughts to support them. Today, they are propped up by their decades of sunk costs -- their time, their marriages, their children, their judgments, their jobs, their customers, their community, their hopes, their dreams, their disappointments. I doubt the ones in their 50s and 60s will ever leave.

But soon those guys will be broke. And sick. And dying. Some of them will be dead soon. They'll be lying prone outside the even smaller circle of still-alive, still-donating, slightly younger idiots.

And you know what? I really don't care about them anymore.

I hear ya! I feel the same way exactly. You always spell things out so eloquently.

I am interested in doing this, all of us together, because I think it's a fascinating look at this microcosm of humanity.

We're here looking at this play out and I think it's interesting to get (if even possible) more clarity on the core of what is left in the same way it would be to analyze, say, the coral reef (as a science project) to assess the integrity of it. What is the overall health of the core? How much can be easily eroded away? How much is diseased and will never come back to health? How much is morphing into something unrecognizable? Yada, yada.

It's just plain fun. :ohmy:

Sindy

Crusader
I would say numbers 1, 3, 5, and 7. Some are stronger with number 1. Others number 3. I think all are certainly 5 and 7.

Now that I think of it, one who is an Oatee has at least shades of 6...elitism. But most Oatees tend to develop an elitist attitude. Arrogant for sure.

Thank you. I was using the definition of benighted as: "existing in a state of intellectual, moral, or social darkness ". Do you think that fits? Or no?

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Excellent post Sindy. I have been thinking about this. I have noticed that there have not been any public announcements of leaving for quite some time. I think the ones that are left are

90% - those that are so heavily brainwashed (invested a lot of money and time and have connections they don't want to lose - they all keep each other in) they will go down with the ship. Staff, public and Sea Org - living in a bubble of lies they helped create. They don't even see out in the real world - Scientology has done nothing to help anyone - it is all smoke and mirrors. CCHR - taking out the Psychs? What a joke! I bet if someone had the actual stats - Scientology has caused many that left to TAKE PSYCH drugs....and drove many members into psychological trauma.

Narconon - deaths, fraud, lawsuits.

Criminon ? - non existent.

Education - Nada.

Spiritual freedom - non existent. The PR about the cult of Scientology is nothing good - everything negative, except the propaganda from Scientology Organization and Scientologist's wanting and needing to be right.

10% - newer Scientologist's - young, clueless and have not looked and will not look until it hits home and eventually it will effect them - it effects everyone. I am in awe as to the abuse these members will endure. For absolutely nothing. They have been scammed beyond belief.

Scientology is dead. It is over. The only thing that keeps the "show on the road" is the billions of dollars Slappy uses to defend his cult and keep the propaganda alive for the "still ins".

I have watched the few clubbed seals in the Orgs in my area - they are really insane and are the die hards that will die to be right. Frankly, I don't care about them. I really don't - they deserve what they get....we tried to warn them...but they won't look, listen or think for themselves. They are insane!

Lone Star

Crusader
Thank you. I was using the definition of benighted as: "existing in a state of intellectual, moral, or social darkness ". Do you think that fits? Or no?

I did take a look at that possibility. I'm just not sure enough about this one. This handful of folks I know are basically pretty decent, just mindfucked. I could see maybe "intellectual darkness". It's pretty hard to be in the light intellectually if you're a committed Scientologist.

You know....check brain at the door. LOL...

Oh I'm sorry, I meant mind. They don't put much stock in the brain. It's just mest. LOL...