What's new

Analyzing Who is Left

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
I have no exact idea of each persons personal " This isn't working for me anymore" point yet it seems for each they have to reach that point - whatever it is for them - to make the decision to walk away from what they had devoted their life, even eternity, to supporting.

I remember a girl on staff who got a non-enturb order slapped on her over nothing. She read it & walked out ther door to never look back.

Others I saw endure a couple years on the RPF over what amounted to nothing... and they stayed on & on & on.

Perhaps it might have something to do with scn tends to believe that one size fits all & one day each of us realizes - or not - it really isn't that way.

I do believe that each of us has our own unique perspective and at some point can just no longer be put in a box that doesn't match with our perspective.

Scientology is destined to fail because it has too many faulty premises that can not hold up in the long run. So let it fall from it's own doing.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
So, per my observation, we end up with a large group of invisible “true believers” that quietly sit out in the world with a head full of all things Hubbard. They tell themselves things like “when I win the lottery I’m gonna go to Flag and get my case handled” or “when I am financially stable I’m going to the advanced org to do my blah-training/levels”. They live their lives in a type of holding-pattern of fear and avoidance which makes them very vulnerable to taking another “fix” of scientology and thoroughly limits their capacity for self-growth, etc.

Totally true.

I was on staff in LA in the 80s and 90s. There were thousands of Scientologists even at that time who were in this category.

Lots of them had the excuse that they were "mid" something; usually something they couldn't afford to finish. Biggest one was Key to Life. Off on a KTL review cycle. Couldn't afford review auditing. Off making the money to pay for review auditing. Fade to black...

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
I think it's fear, but it's also guilt. You signed a contract. You promised. You gave YOUR WORD. It becomes about integrity sometimes as well - about not being some kind of half-arsed dilettante - giving it all - like in wartime. And there's also the sense that you are in the trenches with these people - you're all going through hell together. There's no experience that bonds you like that - except maybe marriage or having a baby. So then you also feel guilty about abandoning the others - you know the load will fall even heavier on their shoulders without you. And you will miss them, because many of them are funny and awesome - and your friends. More than friends - they're the mates you can't let down. That tears at you like being tied between a couple of horses.

That was more it than anything to me. That kept me in the Sea Org years longer than I ever would have been there otherwise.

Knowing that my job would be dumped on the few poor already overworked staff that were left.

I wanted to leave, but the guilt and the feeling that I would be letting my friends down ... it was a tough decision to make.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
<snip>
Scientology is destined to fail because it has too many faulty premises that can not hold up in the long run. So let it fall from it's own doing.
That may very well be true, but we're not dealing with Scientology per se here, we're dealing with a scam that is using the name Scientology as a front. That is not going to fall, it will have to be pushed.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
That may very well be true, but we're not dealing with Scientology per se here, we're dealing with a scam that is using the name Scientology as a front. That is not going to fall, it will have to be pushed.

You may have missed the point that scientology IS a scam. It isn't "using scn as a scam : scn per se IS a scam.