What's new

E-Meter Electrodes

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I've used lots of different cans and generally they work fine.

A fingertip electrode as supplied by Ralph Hilton is basically a rectangle of thin tin roughly 6cm x 4cm (guess from memory) that you bend around your finger for a personalized fit. The sharp edges are taped so they don't slice into the skin. They work fine, in some ways better than cans as you don't have to grip them and there is less body motion from tightening or relaxing the grip. You can get some body motion showing by "clenching" the fingertip but you have to work at it.

Has anyone tried medical-type sticky electrodes? They are a bit like bandaids and come in all shapes and sizes. They are cheap. On eBay UK a typical price is 4 for £3 including postage. Description:

• Dimensions: 40 x 40 mm (1.5" x 1.5").
• Connectors: Standard 2mm jack compatible with most stimulation, pain relief and monitoring equipment.
• Typical applications: muscle building, biofeedback monitoring, toning and all types of acute and chronic pain.
• The electrodes are pre-gelled: no need for messy electro-conductive gel!
• Suitable for long term repeated term use on a single patient.
• Latex free.

Any comments? Assuming they work for e-meters, I would think they would be great for researching what the meter actually reads. Fingertips have lots of nerve endings. Thighs not so many. It is hard to do a comparison by sticking cans onto various body parts, I found.

Paul

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Would you position the body part in question inside the can or tape it to the outside?

On the offchance that someone might be interested in the proper subject matter of this thread, one could wrap the body part in question with one of those bandaid-like electrodes. They even come self-gelled for better lubrication.

Paul

looker

Patron Meritorious
Hi Paul,

Yous guys prolly know about this already being the smart guys you are, but, just incase some others havn't seen it yet.

Here is the Neural Impulse Actuator NIA from OCZ It uses carbon fiber sensors in the headgear to sense the Alpha and Beta brainwaves http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClCEj0wMmZc

I bought one and tried to calibrate it with some success. Others have said it might take several weeks to get it calibrated I found if my forehead is moist I get better contact and wave sensitivity. I played the Pong game with success by clenching my teeth, but to do it purely mentally would take some practice.

Its just a curiosity for me and how I might be able to use it for Biofeedback.

I also got intrigued when I saw a man controlling a wheelchair on YouTube by means off a similar brain wave device.

Here is the ocz company site http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/f...roducing-the-OCZ-Neural-Impulse-Actuator-(NIA)

Newegg,com sells them for $85 So does Amazon.com I believe.

At any rate, it does not replace an eMeter, I guess, but is interesting none the less.

There is more information if you GOOGLE Brainfingers for the sites that use these types of devices to enable Quadriplegics to control their environment. Interesting.

Last edited:

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Hi Paul,

Yous guys prolly know about this already being the smart guys you are, but, just incase some others havn't seen it yet.

Here is the Neural Impulse Actuator NIA from OCZ It uses carbon fiber sensors in the headgear to sense the Alpha and Beta brainwaves http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClCEj0wMmZc

I bought one and tried to calibrate it with some success. Others have said it might take several weeks to get it calibrated I found if my forehead is moist I get better contact and wave sensitivity. I played the Pong game with success by clenching my teeth, but to do it purely mentally would take some practice.

Its just a curiosity for me and how I might be able to use it for Biofeedback.

I also got intrigued when I saw a man controlling a wheelchair on YouTube by means off a similar brain wave device.

Here is the ocz company site http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/f...roducing-the-OCZ-Neural-Impulse-Actuator-(NIA)

Newegg,com sells them for $85 So does Amazon.com I believe.

At any rate, it does not replace an eMeter, I guess, but is interesting none the less.

There is more information if you GOOGLE Brainfingers for the sites that use these types of devices to enable Quadriplegics to control their environment. Interesting.

Hey Looker,
Thanks for that post. This little toy (NIA) looks way more interesting and it's price way more reasonable and attractive to me than any eMeter ever could, and it can even be useful for something. It's still a toy - ridiculous compared to what one can find at a well-equipped neurologist, but their stuff costs many many thousand bucks. So yeah, this seems to be a great little toy and may be well worth it's money. I'm thinking about buying one. Thanks again.:thumbsup:

OldAuditor

Patron with Honors
Anybody using fingertip electrodes in auditing others?

After reading Paul and Ralph's comments about fingertip electrodes, I lashed together a quick approximation of fingertip electrodes and did some testing on myself.

The fingertip electrodes made much cleaner reads and less body motion reads than using cans.

The reads seemed to be the same size as when using cans when using a Virtual Clarity E-meter.

I was contemplating making up wrist strap electrodes using Velcro fastener tape to secure them so I could have my hands free when on the meter. Medical electrodes will work of course, but I wanted to stay with a low cost low tech solution.

The real issue for me was what has been the response of PCs audited with fingertip electrodes? Anyone have some experiences to share?

Cattack

Patron
C*m up to present time.

[/QUOTE] Guess someone is going to have to write a new X rated
meter drill book.[/QUOTE]

Do you think there could be "co-audit touch assists" for real-time sexual processing that might give the phrase "feel my finger" a whole new meaning? :coolwink:

I'm talking about getting somebody super horny using the tech.

Sorta like Scientology's version of the Kama Sutra.

Is it possible to amplify the sexual experience with processing? We all know that processing can create intense altered states, why not sexual ones?

Let's figure this thing out. :yes:

Last edited:

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
Do you think there could be "co-audit touch assists" for real-time sexual processing that might give the phrase "feel my finger" a whole new meaning? :coolwink:

I'm talking about getting somebody super horny using the tech.

Gives a whole new meaning to, "Did you EP?"

Cattack

Patron
Gives a whole new meaning to, "Did you EP?"

You're goddamn right it does! :wink2:

Let's do this shit!

We can figure it out!

I don't know if it involves handling past upsets plus ARC straightwire plus objectives... how hard can a person get-off?

You only live once (I think).

Why would we not create a checklist or rundown or procedure for this unless you're the grinch?

Talk about a success story!?

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I was contemplating making up wrist strap electrodes using Velcro fastener tape to secure them so I could have my hands free when on the meter. Medical electrodes will work of course, but I wanted to stay with a low cost low tech solution.

Do you know how little a pair of those medical electrodes costs? Although I don't know how long they last. Even though they only cost maybe $2 a pair, if they only last a session or so that adds up if one is getting hundreds of hours of auditing.

I keep meaning to get some and do the experiments of seeing how well they work, and comparing the reads from different parts of the body. If the read size correlates to density of nerve endings, or alternatively density of sweat glands, it would give more information as to exactly how the meter reads. I don't think sweat has anything to do with it, but enough people do. Comparing wrist straps to regular cans or fingertip electrodes is easy enough, but adding in thighs or chest or forehead are much trickier (as in virtually impossible) using tin sheets.

Paul

xseaorguk

Patron Meritorious
electrodes etc

has it ever been looked into what effect iit has on the body but running than small electrical current thru your body maybe 5 hours a day?
I read that people on the Solo OT levels audit themselves for about that time and some pc's will be in session for long periods too.

Should the e-meter be only used on people (even public) who agree to having a small electrical current rum thru their body?
I think $cn should have to explain this, as we dont know of any sides effects etc .

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Should the e-meter be only used on people (even public) who agree to having a small electrical current rum thru their body?
I think $cn should have to explain this, as we dont know of any sides effects etc .

We don't know the side effects for so many things. Quite apart from all the EMF interference with the body from cell phones and all the electrical and electronic devices that festoon a typical home, there are all the food colourings and additives and drug residues in drinking water and and and. Hell, "modern science" doesn't know so much about how a human being is made up, subtle energy bodies and so forth.

Yes, beyond the fact that it is not obviously harmful we don't know the exact effect of 2 volts DC going through the body for several hours a day. So what?

Paul

xseaorguk

Patron Meritorious
2 volts vof DC etc

Dulloldfart said:

"Yes, beyond the fact that it is not obviously harmful we don't know the exact effect of 2 volts DC going through the body for several hours a day. So what?"

That sounds just like what $cientology would say.:omg:

If its that 'unharmful' then why dont we just let 2 volts of dC run thru our bodies all the time, you know like a constant battery connected to the skin or something.

I think it may add to the 'brainwashing effect' on our minds somehow, and I really think that when they do the e-meter test on somebody, they should be obliged to inform the person that they will be running this electric current thru the body BEFORE they do it.

Just my opinion of course:yes: