What's new

From the Creator of Scientology: "Rape Therapy" - a review of Mission Earth Series

Demented LRH

Patron Meritorious
Re: From the Creator of Scientology: "Rape Therapy" - a review of Mission Earth Seri

From the Creator of Scientology: "Rape Therapy" - a review of L. Ron Hubbard's Mission Earth SeriesRead the entire review. You will be glad you did.Forever Young Adult: From the Creator of Scientologyhttp://foreveryoungadult.com/2014/10/02/from-the-creator-of-scientology/Excerpts:
I'm sure this was a display of LRH's sense of humor. But, as Jerry Seinfeld said once, comedy is hard.

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Re: From the Creator of Scientology: "Rape Therapy" - a review of Mission Earth Seri

I'm sure this was a display of LRH's sense of humor. But, as Jerry Seinfeld said once, comedy is hard.
The repeated use of rape as "therapy" merely display's LRH's sense of humor?

so far as i know, i am the only writer who has stated the obvious. that it is not jettero heller who is elron's alter ego in the book but soltan gris. ME is elon's parting statement and...

as he was about as honest a creature as any of us despicable clawed bipeds can be he closes his life by MAKING CONFESSION!!!

I think Jet is who he would like to be, and Gris is who he actually is. He's both characters fighting each other/themselves.

I think Jet is who he would like to be, and Gris is who he actually is. He's both characters fighting each other/themselves.

given that jet shows up at izzy's place and blows up ten IRS agents who are after him i would have to suspect the author is using his protagonist to live out his own personal desires, yes...

i would say that both heller and gris do double duty, first as themselves and secondly as instruments of hubbard's fictionalized autobiography. in that second aspect i think gris is more significant again because ron is an old man looking over his life and giving personal confession and that there is a single sentence interjected into the narrative near the end which gives the key to the primary theme of the work...

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

given that jet shows up at izzy's place and blows up ten IRS agents who are after him i would have to suspect the author is using his protagonist to live out his own personal desires, yes...

i would say that both heller and gris do double duty, first as themselves and secondly as instruments of hubbard's fictionalized autobiography. in that second aspect i think gris is more significant again because ron is an old man looking over his life and giving personal confession and that there is a single sentence interjected into the narrative near the end which gives the key to the primary theme of the work...
Oh dear. What it must be like to have a fully-functioning memory! I read every one of the 10 books in the series and I can't remember a f*****g thing about them. It's not like I'm senile or anything, my memory has always been this crap.

If I could quote from half the books I've read folks might think I wuz really clevvah!

Last edited:

phenomanon

Canyon

O dear. What it must be like to have a fully-functioning memory! I read every one of the 10 books in the series and I can't remember a f*****g think about them. It's not like I'm senile or anything, my memory has always been this crap.

If I could quote from half the books I've read folks might think I wuz really clevvah!

You are not alone, Strativarius. I am a voracious reader and do not retain even the Author's name on the books I read. It's rare that I read anything that impinges on me enuff to remember it, and LRH's SF novels are not among those that are memorable. I got the idea that somehow Battlefield Earth was done by some computer layout.

everfree

Patron Meritorious

My favorite part of ME is that he equated all homosexuals as child molesters, and the alien civilization ends up rounding all of the homosexuals up and exiling them so they can't infect the rest of society with their desire to have sex with kids.

Mind control/thought control at its best, just as he outlined in SOS to do with those 1.1 bastards.

renegade

Silver Meritorious Patron

When did you come to that conclusion? :biggrin:

My final conclusion was this pic of Annie Tidman:
288-lrh-photos1.jpg

If I saw a fat old bastard putting hands and looking at a young woman that way I wouldn't shut up.

Was he thinking how he would like to break her legs by violently raping her? Would you be at all surprised if that was actually going through his mind? I wouldn't.

I never liked that quote about children being thetans in little bodies. Seems to give the hidden pedo a justification for his actions.

Oh dear. What it must be like to have a fully-functioning memory! I read every one of the 10 books in the series and I can't remember a f*****g thing about them. It's not like I'm senile or anything, my memory has always been this crap.

i fear my memory is far from fully functional strats but i was reading the series with strong intent to read into deeply and so i strongly noted several passages i found to be particularly significant

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter

The repeated use of rape as "therapy" merely display's LRH's sense of humor?

He said so himself in the foreword to Mission Earth
Then my response should have been, and now is, "So what?"

Have you ever had an acquaintance who said something racist, or misogynistic, or anti-Semitic, or otherwise disgusting and reprehensible, and when called on it his response is along the lines of, "I was only kidding?" "It was just a joke."

The proper response is, "So what."

Or, "So what. You have still proven yourself to be a disgusting and reprehensible piece of shit."

Like Hubbard, or anyone else who "jokes" about rape being a form of therapy.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

i fear my memory is far from fully functional strats but i was reading the series with strong intent to read into deeply and so i strongly noted several passages i found to be particularly significant
Ahhh, it's not just the ME stuff CB, you've often quoted from other sources off the cuff and it makes me green with envy I have to say. I'd love to have your 'far from fully functional' memory mate!

Ahhh, it's not just the ME stuff CB, you've often quoted from other sources off the cuff and it makes me green with envy I have to say. I'd love to have your 'far from fully functional' memory mate!

thanx

i'm developing symptoms of age but still have a fairly remarkable data base

and...

i do to some degree credit scn training for it...