What's new

Geoffrey Lewis, 1935-2015

SanDiegoMember

Howard Dickman
Re: Geoffrey Lewis dies

I remember Geoffrey and Karen Black in a Scientology movie that we used to show at the San Diego Org. It started out with them (husband and wife) fighting and then they got auditing and everything was great. I forgot the name of the movie and I still wonder about who did it and what has happened to it.

whoisxenu

Patron with Honors

"It started out with them (husband and wife) fighting and then they got auditing and everything was great. I forgot the name of the movie and I still wonder about who did it and what has happened to it.":hattip:

Somehow I picture Shelly restrained in a chair like Malcolm McDowell in A CLOCKWORK ORANGE being forced to watch that film over and over and over...:unsure: (with DM's voice-over "Surrender Shelly" piped into her ears).

Maybe DM took a page from Xenu: "After he had captured all these souls he had them packed into boxes and taken to a few huge cinemas. There all the souls had to spend days watching special 3D motion pictures that told them what life should be like and many confusing things.":omg:

Boojuum

Silver Meritorious Patron

Geoffrey Lewis seemed like one of the highly visible good guys in Scientology, who now seem blatantly missing.

Back in the day, there seemed to be dozens of the semi-famous who added credence and the hope that what you were doing wasn't completely nuts. After all, Geoffrey Lewis and Karen Black and Michael Lewis and Buddy Ebsen's kids and even Clint Eastwood (rumors) and John Brodie and Chick Corea and the Incredible String Band blah blah blah were in.

Nowadays, it's just the big three Kirstie, JohnT and TomC and lots of very bad press about people who want nothing to do with the cult, Jason Beghe, Leah Remini, Katie Holmes, Nicole Kidman, Paul Haggis. Oy.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser

Geoffrey Lewis, well, from the old days @ CC on 8th street in LA he'll always be remembered fondly by me for his light hearted clowning around with TR Bob & so many others.

He was a real good guy, unpretentious, & unassuming - such a fun well liked guy.

Back then he was just one of the guys hanging around the org.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron

JackStraw

Silver Meritorious Patron
Well, that didn't work.

(I think) some of Geoffs best work was Celestial Navigations.
Check it out on Youtube.

Jack

rodgerrammer

RIP Geoffrey. I knew Geoffrey from about 1993-2002, I worked at the office of his manager and over the course of some years spoke with Geoff on numerous occasions. He was a very nice man, quite gentlemanly in his demeanor, and once he knew I had spent a few years in the military, and knew I wasn't afraid of gun-talk like so many Hollywood types, he would stop by and tell me about his latest acquisition--he loved talking about about his gun collection,. He was a huge firearms enthusiast and always bought high end pieces, I remember him saying he had selected the perfect handgun for each of his children (and he had many) and would leave them each the particular pistol he had selected for them in his will. I think this was before the fascist democrats in Sacremento changed the law (dutifully signed by Governor Moonbeam) blocking the inheritance of firearms in California--I just hope Geoff had the chance to hand each offspring their personally selected pistol before he passed.