What's new

Gold Base Staff no longer exempt from Jury Duty (merged thread)

AnonOrange

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yesterday I did another trip to the Riverside Registrar of Voters to find out officially how many people are at Gold Base and if they make a substantial voting block.

I first asked if they had a count of the #of people at the "Church" of scientology. They could not find anything categorized under "Chuch". Next they tried "Business" and NOTHING. After a while, there were three clerks around the computer trying to find this for me, until I realized that Gold was a polling station ! That's how they found it.

BUT GUESS WHAT ! GOLD BASE IS A RESIDENCE !!

Check this out:

RegistrarOfVotersGoldBase.jpg

Now, that totally explains the way they're going to use Ordinance 884 ! The whole place is a RESIDENCE !

The people at the Registrar of Voters were kind enough to give me a screen shot (but were not allowed to give me a list of the residents there). They did confirm that David Miscavige is registered to vote there.

Note the large number of "Canceled" (110) and "Inactive" (79). They told me that "Canceled" means that they have definitely left that area and are no longer registered to vote there. (they have not necessarily blown, but could have been transferred to another org). By "Inactive" that means that the Registrar has mailed them a voter registration form the it has not been replied. They will not be allowed to vote at that precinct until they fill out the form and return it.

Catherine Fraser, (who BTW gave $600 to Jeff Stone) said at the recent Board of Supervisors meeting that there are 500 residents at Gold Base. Either they have a lot of foreign Sea Orgs on R1 visas or underage people there; she's off by about 2X !

Tim Skog

Silver Meritorious Patron
Interesting discovery AnonOrange. It would be interesting to look up the title to the property to see if it's listed as for residential use by the buyer.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
So it's a 'residence' !? - Boggles the mind!

Hmm.. During all those meetings about the 'ordinance'.. The question about residence or not came up a couple of times.. As I recall the issue was evaded and attempted explained away... And squelched by Stone with a reminder that this wasn't about Scientology... Who did answer those questions? (Have to dig up the videos..)

Anyway.. The residence designation is false.. It could/should be handled by simply correcting the record administratively... Would be here in this country, DK.. Might even give rise to a tax bill since a corporation is taxed differently. Also zoneplanning(?).. If the property is rated for residence, is it lawful to use it for something else?

:unsure:

AnonOrange

Gold Meritorious Patron
BTW, that data was last updated on Nov 26, 2006.

I'd be curious to see the Nov 2008 numbers, when the election got held.

What's your guess, will the number be higher or lower ?

(It could be higher if they bus people in for the vote)

(From Wiki)
The Gold Base is the informal name of the international headquarters of the Church of Scientology,[1][2] located on a 500-acre (2.0 km2) parcel of land just outside of San Jacinto, California. It is located at or near 19625 Gilman Springs Road, Gilman Hot Springs, California 92583. The area is the home of Golden Era Productions, the media and publications division of the church, which is the largest of the many organizational units located there. David Miscavige and other top leaders of the church live and work on the Base. [3][4][5]

Does all this come under "residential"?
If it doesn't. does registering it as "residential come under "Tax Evasion"
and other "overts?"

Is that where Publications is?
Is that why scicult books do not put the publisher's address inside the cover (as far as I know)?

hartley

Patron with Honors
BUT GUESS WHAT ! GOLD BASE IS A RESIDENCE !!
Good work. However I assume what you have there is the location of and number of registered voters at a polling station, and we don't know what options there were aside from 'Residential'.

I don't know how US Law defines a polling station, but in the UK it is a building not land. For example, in the UK workers from political parties are not allowed inside polling stations during voting, but they can stand outside the door provided they do not harass voters. I know this because I've been one! So you need to find out what a 'polling station' is.

In any case the Ordinance is still focused on buildings, or was last time I looked, though of course shifting it to cover the entire Gold Base property is what they would like to do.

If any of those registered to vote at Gold have current driver licenses issued to them from other states that technically would be voter fraud. In Florida (believe it or not) they are pickey about that sort of thing.

The Anabaptist Jacques

AnonOrange

Gold Meritorious Patron
Good work. However I assume what you have there is the location of and number of registered voters at a polling station, and we don't know what options there were aside from 'Residential'.

What they gave me is the number of people registered and living there.

From TomVrom on WWP:
"In November 2004, there were 698 registered voters in that precinct, with 343 ballots cast in person (49.14%) and 189 by absentee ballots (27.08%)."

What's particularly interesting in his post is THIS:
"The results of the November 2004 election for that precinct, showed 67 votes for Prop 63 ("Mental Health Act" which was opposed by Scientology) and 264 "No" votes on that measure (a 20.2% Yes to 79.8% No vote). This is disproportionate to the overall County results on Prop 63 (No was 51.92% to Yes 48.08%). This information is available as a public record from the Riverside County elections office."

Can someone dig up the 2008 info ?

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
The only way in hell that a Gold staff member was being allowed to go vote is if Gold was having them vote a certain way.

I'm sure that $600.00 was from Frasers personal account. Considering she makes $50.00 a week or less.:D

AnonOrange

Gold Meritorious Patron
AO, looking at the screen shot, Who is the "TRichardso"
who made the last change to the record in 2006?

Are you implying Ed Richardson, the Scilon PI that gave me the C&D letter ?

There's lots of Richardson's. I would not be too worried.

The thing I find weird is the Nov 2008 info is not there, but only realized this when I got home. The other thing also, is they selected only ONE SIDE of the street.

Next time I go, I'll ask for an update.

Ladybird

Silver Meritorious Patron
The thing I find weird is the Nov 2008 info is not there, but only realized this when I got home. The other thing also, is they selected only ONE SIDE of the street.

Next time I go, I'll ask for an update.

Thanks for all research and footwork, AO!

Next time you go see if you can find out what percentage of that precinct voted for Supervisor Stone.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I have a US edition of a book in my hand, not one of the 2007 ones, that says

Published in the USA by
Bridge Publications, Inc.
4751 Fountain Avenue
Los Angeles, California 90029

I believe this is their registered office.

Paul

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
Bridge Publications, Inc. has no facilities at the Gold Base, whatsoever.

Golden Era Productions is a completely seperate and distinct entity from Bridge Publications, Inc., which is an entirely separate for-profit corporation.

The 120,000 sq. ft. BPI manufacturing (Print-On-Demand & Book Binding), warehouse and shipping facility is located in Commerce, California, which is a very major major Southern California shipping hub.

There are major rail and truck shipment facilities concentrated at that location, which are very vital to BPI's day-to-day operations. No such concentration of shipping facilities exist within 75 miles of Gold Base (approximate distance to Commerce from there).

Michael "The Sneakster" Hobson
I am *not* anonymous

Sorry, I wasn't reffering to Gold. I was thinking of the Fountain address. But using the warehouse makes much more sense.