What's new

Hi,I've been watching,now to get involved.

AWOL

Patron
Hello everyone, I've been looking at this site for a while now, I sent a message through the guestbook last year,thanks for your replies. At that time I still wasn't sure where I wanted to be, in Scn or not.
I'll give you a little heads up on my involvement, I first came into Scientology in 1996, I've completed many courses but not really got going up the bridge, there were many things I did not like but you're lead to believe that your future seems so bright so I just stuck with it. Anyhow over the years its become worse and I no longer could be part of it so I left in April 2008. I went back to get my situation sorted out,one thing came up is the email I sent to this site, they made such a fuss and said it was serious,I said to them that nothing I said was untrue and feel no regrets for it whatsoever.If they think I'm gonna do a big 'make up the damage'thing then they can think again.So I've been out of comm with my org for about a year now.
BTW I'm in the UK.
I've been pushed into spending a fortune and its just sitting there on my account unused. They're waiting for my next move, maybe they want me to sit here and do nothing. Sit quiet and let them keep my money,NO WAY!
I've read a few policies regarding refunds and repayments, mine being a Repayment as I haven't taken the services, so I think its time I got my money back.
I was wondering if any of you kind people could give me any advice, will they give it to me as easy as the org's senior C/S indicated? Its around £13000 and its a relatively small org, I can't see them being able to afford a lump sum.
Also I live in a Scientology household,they're not fully on lines but are connected with Scientology and plan services in the future . I'll probably have to leave, I'll probably want to anyhow.
Will they give there infamous SP declare label that they seem to hand out willy nilly?
Be nice to get some comms going with you guys and gals.:eyeroll:

DCAnon

Silver Meritorious Patron
Why hello there lovely UK person! 8D Welcome to de-lurking, lol. There's quite a few people on the board who've gone through the re-payment process so I'm sure they'll be able to help. :happydance:

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
AWOL so glad that you are here and that you were able to see it before you got in too deep.

I think you can get your money back -- people here have reported about it, and especially since you haven't used it yet. Good luck with that and let us know how it goes!

Glad you are here! :welcome:

_TL

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Hi AWOL.

Look up a thread by Speedbrake. He was the last one I know to get his repayment.

Here it is: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=10917

Also - don't waste time with any Scientology Policy. You are in the real world now, where you have rights that are taken seriously, and you have access to real justice by way of the courts and lawyers. While you are a Scientologist, you are denied access that justice. Not any more.

Use the real justice procedures that are now available to you, and NOT Scientology procedures, and you will win.

All the way.

Welcome to ESMB!

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi AWOL.

Look up a thread by Speedbrake. He was the last one I know to get his repayment.

Also - don't waste time with any Scientology Policy. You are in the real world now, where you have rights that are taken seriously, and you have access to real justice by way of the courts and lawyers. While you are a Scientologist, you are denied access that justice. Not any more.

Use the real justice procedures that are now available to you, and NOT Scientology procedures, and you will win.

All the way.

Welcome to ESMB!

I agree with this. I have not asked for nor received a refund. (yes I paid for services while on staff). But I would also suggest not following scientology's policy, routing form or 'procedure' on refunds. Separate yourself from scientology completely and demand a refund like you are not a scientologist.

I was on staff and one of the people who was part of the new routing forms that are being used to day. We ran the pilot in our org and I am very familiar with them. Org routing forms are designed to do three things: 1. Get more money out of the public 2. Keep public on services, keep them from leaving the org or taking any kind of a break from service 3. To get them on staff where 1 and 2 fail.

Be a wog, demand your refund and use wog tools.

Terril park

Sponsor
Hi AWOL.

All the way.

Welcome to ESMB!

You will get declared when asking for money back. Your housemates will
be under pressure to kick you out, however I believe the law is on your side here. Long time since I had anything to do with housing law, but it used to be that only a local court could OK you being thrown out. Though that I
believe may only have applied to unfurnished premises. Pretty sure you'd
be legally given time to move if that is a problem.

Getting monies unused will always be possible, however a small org
won't have the cash to do that. Your money would have mostly been sent up lines/spent. You may have to use more than minimal legal actions to speed things up, others here can advise you on this.

Reminds me of a funny story. There was a cleaning decorating business
run by scientologists in London. One got declared, and the other then errected a partition in the centre of the office so as to achieve "disconnection".

You want to chat I'm in London 0208-864-4940

By the way how did the org find out you'd posted here?

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome to ESMB, AWOL (that's a lot of initials :) ). Others here can give you better advice than I can but I hope you do get your money back, you deserve to.

BTW were you at Plymouth org by any chance, where I was?

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
If the landlord lives on the premises they can ask you to leave quite fast, check with the housing officer in the local council offices.

There are ways they can help find somewhere else, and even help with rent if you need it.

It might be an idea to get out of there asap, it would feel better for you.

Best of luck.

La La Lou Lou

Been Done Had

Patron with Honors
Hi AWOL! And welcome.

Have a lawyer (solicitor?) send a letter demanding a repayment. The letter should state ALL communication go through him/her and any attempt to contact you will be considered harassment.

The org repayment routing form is designed to handle and recover you and get you to pay for whatever ethics and clean-up.

It's your money. Best of luck!

justaguy

Patron Meritorious
:welcome: :welcome2: AWOL!

It is always, ALWAYS nice to see someone go AWOL from scientology. Makes me want to give you one of these :bighug: and one of these :hug: and one of these :hattip:, maybe do this, :newbie1:, but mostly I wanna :handshake:. Good job on going AWOL.

As for the money, I have no doubt that you'll get it.

tookmeawhile

Patron with Honors
Welcome Aboard!

Hi AWOL!

It's great to have you here! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

As far as getting your money back that you have on account (repayment), please see my signature for my hat write-up for getting my repayments... (sorry for using Scio-terminology)

Last edited:

AWOL

Patron
Thanks everyone!

I can't believe how quick you guys respond, thanks for your support.
I think I'm better off moving out first before I get this in motion, maybe get a solicitor involved from the start.
I'm not keen on signing anything for them though. I think I remember reading somewhere that you have to sign something so you basically keep your mouth shut and not spread the 'lies' about them,is this right?

:thankyou:

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron
I can't believe how quick you guys respond, thanks for your support.
I think I'm better off moving out first before I get this in motion, maybe get a solicitor involved from the start.
I'm not keen on signing anything for them though. I think I remember reading somewhere that you have to sign something so you basically keep your mouth shut and not spread the 'lies' about them,is this right?

:thankyou:

AWOL - yes, and please, please, please don't sign any paper work. Like I said, demand refund like a wog. It's your money, you are asking for a refund -you owe them nothing. Remember - use your wogs tools, they work.

In fact they can SEND you a check - no need to go in right?

You also need to do what you know what would work for you. We can give advice, you need to pick what you will use. I think moving out first will make this whole transition easier for you.

justaguy

Patron Meritorious
They owe you that refund no matter what you do. If you sign it, you get the refund. If you don't sign it, you get the refund.

I think that makes it a rather simple choice, eh?

AWOL

Patron
SP declare?

You will get declared when asking for money back. Your housemates will
be under pressure to kick you out, however I believe the law is on your side here. Long time since I had anything to do with housing law, but it used to be that only a local court could OK you being thrown out. Though that I
believe may only have applied to unfurnished premises. Pretty sure you'd
be legally given time to move if that is a problem.

Getting monies unused will always be possible, however a small org
won't have the cash to do that. Your money would have mostly been sent up lines/spent. You may have to use more than minimal legal actions to speed things up, others here can advise you on this.

Reminds me of a funny story. There was a cleaning decorating business
run by scientologists in London. One got declared, and the other then errected a partition in the centre of the office so as to achieve "disconnection".

You want to chat I'm in London 0208-864-4940

By the way how did the org find out you'd posted here?

I can believe the London story, that did make me laugh:giggle:
I looked at many PL's on refunds and repayments,I can't see any mention of an SP declare? Where is this stated and why? I can't see the suppressive part of what I'm doing, I'm only getting back what I haven't recieved, its out-exchange for them to keep my money.
This ridiculous label means nothing in the real world anyhow as I know good people have been given it.